I Hate That I Love You

By elenaxriddle

The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. The Mikaelson Academy for the Elite and Superior. Two schools... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 8

2.4K 97 30
By elenaxriddle

Hope marched into the Mystic Grill with her usual gang behind her- Kaleb, Jed, and Alyssa. A vampire, a werewolf, and a witch. Several years ago, Hope had chosen them to be a part of her little group after careful consideration. As it turned out, though, enough consideration hadn't been given. The events with Kaleb and Jed kidnapping MG two nights ago had proven just that.

"Looking to stir up some drama, littlest wolf?" a man's voice said.

Hope whirled around on the spot. "Don't you dare call me that," she snarled at her Uncle Kol. "Don't you ever dare-"

"Alright, calm down," Kol grinned. "And tell your little friends to stay put, too. Freya specifically told me that I wasn't to hurt any of her students while I was in town, and I'd hate to have to break my promise to her."

"Why are you in town, anyway?" Hope scowled. "Why aren't you off traveling and exploring the world with Davina?"

"Answer my question, first," Kol said. "What are you doing here? Did you come for a glass of soda, or for something a bit more dangerously dramatic?"

"Why? So you can stop me?" Hope demanded.

"No. Because I want to join you," Kol replied. "It's pathetic, I know- Wanting to join a group of teenagers on their little adventure of the day. But life has gotten quite boring for me. I love Davina, but I haven't been able to kill anyone thanks to her presence."

"Sorry to deliver the bad news, then," Hope snapped. "Don't mistake me for my father, Uncle Kol. I don't kill for fun."

"So you're saying you didn't shove that poor ripper vampire into a house filled with innocent human teenagers?" Kol asked.

Hope bit her lip to prevent herself from saying that it wasn't actually she who had committed the act. She needed everyone, especially her family, to believe that she was ruthless beyond imagination. Kaleb's dumb move to kidnap MG, as horrible as it had been, had proven to be quite the powerful factor in alarming her two aunts- and even though her Uncle Kol wasn't showing it, Hope knew he was surprised at what 'she' had pulled off, as well.

But if Hope wanted to get his attention, she'd need something even larger and more drastic than that.

She just didn't know how to accomplish that. Especially since she had a rule about not killing people.

"I didn't think things would get that out of hand," Hope gritted out. She then forced herself to put on a look of nonchalance. "If you'll excuse me," she said, turning away from her uncle and marching over to the middle of the Grill.

Her eyes spotted MG sitting at a booth with a couple of witches from the Mikaelson Academy. That girl laughing with him, the one with the strawberry blonde hair... Her name was Heather. She was an awfully perky girl who was so scared of Hope to the point where it was actually funny.

"Hi, you guys," Hope said in a false cheery voice.

Heather gave a squeak of fright. "H-Hope," she said. "How nice to, um, see you here?" Her voice came out as so nervous that her statement sounded more like a question.

"Take your friends and leave, sweetheart. I need to talk to MG for a sec," Hope said to Heather.

Heather gave MG a quick glance, then hastily stood up from her seat. Her witch friends followed in her example, making room for Kaleb, Jed, and Alyssa.

"Hope," MG muttered, not meeting the tribrid's eyes. "Come to kidnap me again?"

Wow. So even MG believed it had been Hope who had set him on a ripper spree.

"Not quite," Hope smiled. "Meet Kaleb. He's here to apologize to you on my behalf," she gestured in Kaleb's direction.

Kaleb stared at Hope. "What?" he said.

"Go on, Kaleb," Hope said. "Apologize." A menacing tone lay underneath the cheerful act Hope was putting on. And judging from the look on Kaleb's face, he had heard it.

"Hope wanted to say she was sorry. For putting blood in your drink and stuffing you into a car and making you accidentally kill somebody," Kaleb said extremely quickly.

"Whatever," MG said quietly.

"That's good enough for me," Hope shrugged.

She suddenly froze and slid out of the booth, for she had just seen Lizzie Saltzman walk into the bar. Lizzie came in looking quite happy. But then she spotted Ethan Machado standing by the pool table, and her face fell.

Hope watched carefully, wondering whether or not Lizzie would break the promise she had made last night. Lizzie walked over to Ethan, and began to talk to him. Hope used her vampire hearing to eavesdrop in on the conversation.

"I know you've been through hell these past couple of days, and I hate having to do this to you... I'm sorry. But it's just not working out between us," Hope heard Lizzie say.

"I don't understand," Ethan said. "I thought things were going well. Why are you- You know what?" he said, rubbing his forehead with his hand. "Never mind. Just forget it."

"Wait, Ethan-"

"See you around, Lizzie."

And with that, Ethan Machado walked straight out of the Mystic Grill, causing a satisfied smile to crawl onto Hope's face.

Hope glanced at Lizzie, who looked pretty upset about how the breakup had gone. But Lizzie hadn't freaked out as much as Hope had expected her to. Which was disappointing, really. Hope had wanted Lizzie to pay for what she had said to her the previous day.

"There is no way in hell I'm going to let anything serious happen between me and a Mikaelson!"

After everything that had happened the past year, Lizzie had somehow gathered up the nerve to say those words.

Hope took in a shaky breath. Lizzie needed to suffer for saying what she had said.

Besides, it was always fun when Lizzie lost her temper.

"Kaleb," Hope said. "Go compel me a date from the bar."

Kaleb, Jed, and Alyssa all stared at her curiously.

"You heard me," Hope said. "Go."

Still frowning, Kaleb walked over to the bar, and began talking to the first person he bumped into. A college freshman with brown hair and green eyes.

"He's hot, but not my ideal choice," Hope said, when Kaleb came back to their table with the freshman following behind him. "I would have much preferred that blonde one sitting by the bartender," she pointed to a girl with pink lips and braided hair.

"Gee, I'll keep that in mind next time," Kaleb rolled his eyes.

"Sit down and start kissing me," Hope compelled the freshman.

Alyssa watched curiously, while both Kaleb and Jed simultaneously rolled their eyes, clearly disgusted and puzzled as to what Hope was trying to accomplish here.

The freshman began to kiss Hope's shoulder, and made his way up to her neck.

Meanwhile, Hope stared at Lizzie, hoping her own gaze would draw the Gemini witch's attention.

Just as predicated, Lizzie paused for a moment, before glancing Hope's way. And then she froze when she saw the college freshman pressed up against Hope. Lizzie's eyes went from the freshman's hand around Hope's hips, to his lips on Hope's neck, to the smirk Hope was wearing as she stared directly back at her.

Fury boiled up inside of Lizzie, and she stomped her way over to the booth Hope and her stupid friends were sitting at.

"Are you kidding me?" Lizzie yelled, ignoring the looks from the people nearby. "I don't get to date Ethan, but you get to go around doing- whatever the hell this is?" Lizzie shouted.

Kaleb, Jed, and Alyssa all exchanged confused glances.

Hope, however, simply smiled. "Jealous, much?" she said in a mocking voice.

"I can't believe you!" Lizzie said.

"What can I say, Lizzie?" Hope shrugged. "I already told you that you were nothing more to me than a simple fling. It's not my fault if you deluded yourself into believing otherwise."

"That's not fair. You didn't say-"

"I'm sorry," Hope said sarcastically, "But did I make you wake me at twelve thirty at midnight and force you to ask me over?"

"Are you seriously-"

"Stop embarrassing yourself and run back to your adorable little school, Lizzie," Hope said.

Lizzie let out an exasperated scream, and marched straight out of the Mystic Grill.

Stupid. She had been stupid to think that Hope cared about her as much as she did for Hope. Or rather, it had been stupid to care about Hope in the first place. Stupid of her to actually fall for the Original Tribrid, the legacy of the Mikaelson family. Stupid of her to break up with Ethan, when he was a really nice person, unlike that redheaded bitch who only cared about hurting others. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 1.1K 36
"π‘‡β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘”π‘  𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑑 π‘€π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘˜ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘¦ 𝐼 π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘š π‘‘π‘œοΌŽπΌ 𝑔𝑒𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝐼 π‘€π‘Žπ‘  𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑑 π‘‘π‘œ 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’...
29.1K 978 40
~Completed~ In this Hope & Josie fanfic The two struggle separately With themse...
29.2K 669 35
A story about how Josie and Hope fell in love.
143K 5K 76
❝I don't wanna be friends.❞ Fallon Ignacio was unlike any other creature; alluring, mysterious, and seductive. Dark magic runs through her veins, lur...