The Ecstasy Of Faking It

By Zangata101

Emily Bennett thinks Charles Morrison is the love of her life, but what do you do when the love of your life... More

Chapter 1: Let's break up.
Chapter 2: Betrayed.
Chapter 3: Something in Common.
Chapter 4: invitation.
Chapter 5: Humiliated.
Exclusive: Not In This World, Sweetheart.
Chapter 6: After rain smell.
Chapter 7: Wanna bet?
Chapter 8: How's that for proof.
Chapter 9: Boy in my bedroom.
Chapter 10: From bad to worse.
Chapter 11: About last night.
Chapter 12: Fake couple's quarrel.
Chapter 13: Badass.
Chapter 14: The bonfire.
Chapter 15: That kiss.
Chapter 16: If I die tonight.
Chapter 17: Falling.
Chapter 18: Daring.
Chapter 19: New York City.
Chapter 20: Chicken out.
Story Branch: Drunk In New York City.
Chapter 21: I Kissed those lips.
Chapter 22: Home sweet home.
Chapter 23: I hate you.
Chapter 24: Anti-hero.
Chapter 26: For real this time.
Chapter 27: Partners in crime.
Chapter 28: Words I couldn't take back.
Story Branch: You love her, dumbass.
Chapter 29: Yet again.
Chapter 30: My favorite drug.
Chapter 31: Don wannabe.
Chapter 32: Didn't sign up for this shit.
Chapter 33: Charles Morrison was dead meat.
Chapter 34: Worst betrayal since Emily and Charlie.
Chapter 35: Honesty.
Chapter 36: Real.
Chapter 37: The what ifs.
Chapter 38: Adrian's first.
Chapter 39: Mystery of love.
Chapter 40: Show me.
Chapter 41: Prom.
Chapter 42: Lethal promises.
Exclusive: A Teenager In Love.
Chapter 43: Graduation.
Chapter 44: No goodbyes.
Chapter 45: In The End. Part 1.
Chapter 46: In The End. Part 2.
Alternative Ending Part 1: Bad Liar.
Alternative Ending Part 2: The Love We Shared.
Bonus Chapter.
PLAYLIST.

Chapter 25: This here is a party.

22.7K 578 116
By Zangata101

I tucked my cold hands in my pockets as my eyes roamed around the quiet neighborhood, I passed a few more houses until I saw it, 221B. That was Stacey's address.
Jess called me earlier, she said they wanted my help with something urgent, so she sent me Stacey's address and I walked all the way down there.

I lumbered to the front door, looking around me hesitantly before finally knocking. The door flew open and revealed Jess, holding a bottle of vodka? In her other hand.

"Jess, it's wednesday, why the hell are you drinking?" I asked lazily, she grabbed my arm and dragged me inside the house, kicking the door shut.

"Because..." She put her arm around me, "This here is a party." She exclaimed.

I looked around the house, it was rather homey and didn't look like a party. Jess led the way to the living room where we found Gina and Stacey exchanging a joint on the couch, there was a karaoke machine in front of them.

"Hey, Emily." Stacey squeaked as she looked up at me.

"Sup, Emily." Gina released a puff of smoke and coughed a little.

Last I checked, I was there because of an emergency, not to sing, drink and smoke weed.

"Wow, so what's the emergency, again?" I turned to look at Jess. She just shook her head and joined Gina and Stacey on the couch.

Jesus.

"Can I go home? I really have to study." I said to them.

"No! they already invited a bunch of people and I don't wanna be here alone once those people get here." Stacey whined. She looked so high.

"Bunch of people? Is this really a party?" I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Yes!" They shouted at the same time.

Geez.

"So everyone is gonna be here soon?" I asked, feeling alarmed.

"Yeah and you can't leave." Stacey shook her head.

"But I can't stay either." I mumbled to myself, turning around to leave.

"Adrian's coming too." Said Jess. My heart picked up at the mention of his name and I halted.

"What?" I turned on my heel to look at them.

"Yeah, I invited him myself." She said. Sipping on her drink.

"Oh." I uttered.

"Yeah, oh." Gina smiled at me.

"So? You staying or are you leaving?" Jess asked, like she was challenging me.

I wanted to leave but I wanted to see Adrian again, I always wanted to see him and if he was really going to the party then there was going to be a possibility that he and I were going to spend some time together at the party.

"I'll ...stay, I guess." I stuttered.

"Yey!" Stacey flew her hands in the air, I rolled my eyes at her. "Okay now let's sing some lyrics." She rushed to turn on the karaoke machine.

I lazily walked to the couch and sat down, pulling out my phone and texting Adrian.

*Are you really coming?* I sent it.

I looked at the screen, anxiously waiting for his response while I bit on the inside of my thumb.

Stacey turned on the machine and the TV, a beat started playing and she grabbed a mic. Gina shook her head at Stacey and I smiled.

♪ I saw you looking brand new overnight, I caught you looking too but you didn't look twice♬ she sang in the most horrible voice.

I could see Jess and Gina trying their best not to laugh at her.

I felt my phone vibrate on my lap, I quickly looked down.

*Coming where?*

*Stacey's party*

*Why are you at a party on wednesday night?*

*I don't know, are you coming or not?*

*I don't think so*

*Why not?*

*I don't want to, I got other stuff to do tonight*

By other 'stuff' he meant stuff I wasn't supposed to know or ask about.

*Okay, suit yourself*

I put my phone away and continued paying attention to Stacey and her horrible singing.

♪now I wish we never met, cause you're too hard to forget, while I'm cleaning up your mess, I Know he's taking off your dress. Well I know that you don't but if I ask you if you love me, hope you lie lie lie lie lie to me♪

I didn't know if it was just me but those lyrics really got to me. I could relate in my own fucked up way.

It made me question if Charlie ever loved me, I knew I liked Adrian, or maybe I just wanted him in my bed but he somehow made me feel something that Charlie never made me feel.

Fire.

Charlie never made me feel like I was on fire, like one little touch could burn me.

Damn it, I needed a drink.

******

After Stacey gave all of us a make over, Two hours passed and the house became full, there were drunk people everywhere. Jess, Stacey and Gina were wasted as hell, I was just tipsy. I wasn't really in a party mood, or maybe I was just too busy thinking about Adrian.

Son of a bitch was driving me nuts.

I was sitting on a couch in the living room with random people, they were drinking and chatting amongst themselves while my mind was somewhere else.

I brought the red plastic cup to my lips, taking a sip of my punch.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Gina shouted and a bunch of people came to the living room and circled around. I rolled my eyes at them.

Charlie plopped down beside me, plastering a wide smile on his face as he looked at me. He looked handsome as always, he smelled good too. He looked down at the tiny black dress that Stacey made me put on and I felt too exposed.

I'm talking about a guy who broke my virginity.

Time flies.

He opened his mouth to say something but then I felt myself being pulled up from my seat, I looked up and saw Adrian, he sat down, placed his hands on my hips and sat me down on his lap. Feeling a little shocked, I stared at him with wide eyes. He held the side of my face and smashed his lips on mine, it wasn't a make out, more like a prolonged kiss.

He pulled away and I battered my lashes, I was about to ask why or what for but then I remembered that Charlie was sitting right next to us.

That was not an excuse to kiss me like he missed me.

"Hi, I fucking missed you." He said, looking into my eyes and acting like Charlie was invisible.

"Hey." I responded, still feeling shocked.

Gina started the game but I was too distracted, I was sitting on Adrian Mackey's lap and my ex was sitting right next to us, glancing at us from time to time.

I moved on top of Adrian, trying to find a more comfortable position, he ran a hand through his hair, I placed my hand on the couch behind him and I moved again, he immediately put his hands on my hips and I felt his whole body tense.

"Fuck, can you not move too much?" He whispers on my neck. Slightly closing his eyes then opening them to look at me.

Shit, was I heavy?

"Sorry, I'm just trying to get comfortable." I whispered back.

"Yeah well, you're literally sitting on my dick and I'd appreciate it if you didn't-"

"Shit, I'm so sorry." I felt embarrassment flood throughout my body and I totally blushed.

"It's okay, I don't know what I was thinking in the first place." He put both his hands on my hips and positioned me himself. I smiled at him. "What?" He stared at my smile.

I leaned over to whisper in his ear, "You look really cute when you're horny." I teased.

His grip on me tightened, "Don't." he warned.

"Don't what?"

"Don't make me do stupid shit." His hand caressed my cheek and my skin radiated all over, his touch gave me some kind of warmth that my brain didn't ask for. Craving him was like being addicted to a drug.

"Maybe I like stupid shit." I whispered softly, while leaning into his face. I saw Charlie get up and leave from the corner of my eye but no one was paying attention to him.

He held the side of my face and pecked my lips, "Trust me, I want to fuck you as much as your drunk self but I'd hate it if your sober self regretted it."

"I'm not drunk." I shook my head, breathing against his lips.

He chuckled looking elsewhere then back at me, "And I'm not horny." He also shook his head. I looked at Gina and the others as I took a sip of my drink.

I looked back at him and found his eyes on me, I liked the way he looked at me everywhere, it made me feel so... Sexy.

Bitch, collect yourself.

I extended my drink to him, I thought he was going to decline but he took it from my hold and drained the liquid down his throat.

Okay...

"Nice dress." He complimented, his eyes raking down my body. His gaze leaving chills as it went.

"Do you want another drink? I wa-"

"No, I'm driving." He said, averting his eyes from me and stroking his fingers through his hair.

Well, I sure wasn't going to sit there and let myself drool on the thought of having him so I got up and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 119 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
239K 8.9K 68
Sephine Montgomery. She moved to get away. Away from her past where she was someone else. But now she's different. Now she's nice. But that was befor...
2.7K 662 31
A devastating breakup leaves Charlie Jackson alone to sort through the broken pieces of her life. She's not sure she can ever love again, until she m...
7.3M 190K 44
When Charlotte agrees to fake date bad boy Mason to make her best friend and secret crush, Ben, jealous, she thinks it will be a simple arrangement...