Rivals | North Star Boys

By pinky2095

The social media influencers North Star Boys have had the same female rivals since they began and when they e... More

Characters
Chapter One: The Move Out
Chapter Two: The Move In Surprise
Chapter Three: Start To A Roommate Relationship
Chapter Four: Content-Making Problems
Chapter Five: Sleeping Decisions
Chapter Six: First Morning Struggles
Chapter Seven: New Rules
Chapter Eight: Why Do You Hate The Girls?
Chapter Nine: Does She Like Him?
Chapter Ten: Each Girl's Specialty
Chapter Eleven: Noticing Their Content
Chapter Twelve: Lexi & Oliver's Worry
Chapter Thirteen: What Would You Say?
Chapter Fourteen: Old & New Feelings
Chapter Fifteen: Darren's Date
Chapter Seventeen: Jade & Darren's Giddiness
Chapter Eighteen: Angel's Confession
Chapter Nineteen: Ryan's Confession
Chapter Twenty: Justin's Leap Of Faith
Chapter Twenty-One: The Date
Chapter Twenty-Two: Lexi's Thoughts
Chapter Twenty-Three: Jealousy
Chapter Twenty-Four: Worried North Star Boys
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Heart-to-Heart
Chapter Twenty-Six: Rosie's Feelings
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Honesty
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Lexi's Stress Cleaning
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Lexi's Past
Chapter Thirty: A Happy Ending

Chapter Sixteen: Darren's Feelings

1.6K 48 53
By pinky2095

It had been a couple of hours since Darren left for his date. He was sitting there, staring at the female as she talked. Everything about her was perfect. She was sweet, kind, pretty, and cared about what he was interested in, not just talking about herself the whole time. However, Darren couldn't bring himself to genuinely smile majority of the night.

"Darren?" His date called his name, interrupting his thoughts.

"Huh?" The male fixed his eyes on her's.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "You seem to be a little distracted."

The male looked down as he thought. Then he stood up. "I'm really sorry but I just don't think this is going to work out."

"What?" The female watched as the male stood up, taking his wallet out of his pocket.

"This should pay for the bill." He said, placing money on the table. "I'm really sorry."

And before the female could even process what was going on, he left. It had only been an hour but he just wasn't feeling the sparks, yet she seemed like the one he was looking for.

Not ready to head home, the male made his way down the street to a nearby arcade. Hoping to clear his mind, he started to play a few games. And when they weren't doing the trick, he took a walk instead.

After a much needed walk, the male took a seat at a park bench, needing to clear his mind. He bent over, rubbing his head with his hands as he sighed heavily.

"Rough night?"

The male looked over to see an older male holding a leash which was attached to a dog, sitting on the other end of the bench. Both him and his dog seemed to be resting.

"You could say that." Darren scoffed.

"What happened?" The man asked. "If you don't mind me asking."

Darren thought for a moment. It wouldn't hurt to talk to an older wiser man, even if he was a stranger. "I had a date."

"Ahh~" The man sounded like he understood. "Didn't go so well, huh?"

"Not really." Darren shook his head. "But I don't really know why."

"She must not have been the one."

"But she seemed so perfect for me, yet my mind was elsewhere."

The man snickered, causing Darren to look at him. He didn't say anything funny so he didn't know why the man was laughing.

"What's so funny?" Darren asked.

"You're young so I understand why you haven't realized it." The man explained.

"Realize what?"

"If your mind was somewhere else, I'm going to assume there's another person in your life that makes you happier. You couldn't bring yourself to smile right?"

"Yeah..." Darren muttered.

"But I bet there's another girl who makes you smile and laugh like crazy." The man spoke. Darren looked down as the man continued to speak. "I bet this person is somebody you didn't see yourself with but gets you more than anyone else. And if you couldn't be happy going on a date with somebody you found to be perfect, then it means you already care for somebody else."

Darren sighed as the one person came to his mind. "Well, I did feel sad when she found out I was going on a date."

"She found out?" The male asked. "Oh no, you better make it up to her."

"But what if it's too late?" Darren asked.

The man smiled. "If you haven't tried anything yet, then it isn't too late. Go get em, tiger."

Darren smiled and shot up. "Thank you sir."

And before the man could respond, Darren jogged out of the park, running as fast as he could home.

---

It was a little after eleven when Darren arrived home. He immediately headed to his room, quietly entering to find Jade, Angel, and Leah all sleeping in his bed. He noticed the TV was on playing an Adam Sandler movie. He just sighed before turning the TV off and pulling the covers up over the females, making his exit afterwards. He quietly shut the door and made his way to the livingroom where Seb was grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen next door.

"Oh, you're home." Sebastian said after seeing the male.

"Yup." Darren sighed, plopping on the couch.

Seb walked into the livingroom to see the male staring up at the ceiling. He took a seat beside him.

"I heard you went on a date." Seb started a conversation. "I'm going to guess it didn't go so well?"

Darren let out a deep sigh. "She was perfect Sebastian."

Seb crinkled his nose in confusion. "I don't get it. Then why are you upset?"

"Because I don't think she's the one for me." Darren looked at the male. "I couldn't get Jade out of my head all night."

Sebastian's eyes widened. He was a little taken aback but found himself smiling as he was hopeful. "So then talk to her, Darren. Tell her how you feel."

"But she's upset with me for going out with someone. I can't just tell her how I feel now."

"Sure you can."

"No I can't. Especially with your brother-"

"Forget my brother." Sebastian interrupted the male. "If you like her, tell her. You'll regret it if you don't."

Darren rolled his eyes. "You can't say anything. You won't tell your crush."

Sebastian snickered. "Who says I haven't?"

Darren looked at Seb, thrown off. "What?"

Sebastian just snickered and stood up. "Trust me, Dar, and tell her. You won't regret it."

And without another word, Sebastian made his way back into his bedroom where he went to bed. Darren, on the other hand, laid on the couch, his mind keeping him up for hours until he was finally able to fall asleep.

*****

It was the next day, Darren woke up to some of his housemates washing dishes.

"Oh, sorry for waking you, Darren."

He looked over to see Leah and Angel in the kitchen.

"And for stealing your bed last night." Leah said, looking a bit guilty.

Darren shook his head to wake himself up before standing up. That's when he realized the two girls were here but not Jade.

"Is Jade in our room?" He asked them.

"Yeah." Leah nodded.

Darren went to walk but Angel spoke up first.

"Darren, wait!" Angel exclaimed. "What are you going to say to her?"

"I need to talk to her." Darren said. "Tell her how I feel."

Angel and Leah shared looks, causing the both of them to smile.

"Go get em' tiger." Angel said.

Darren smiled then headed to his room. He took a deep breath before walking inside, finding Jade slipping on her shoes to complete her outfit for the day.

She looked over to see Darren. Her eyes slightly widened before realizing how she felt and looked back down.

"Jade-" Darren went to speak.

"How was your date?" She asked a question, not wanting to know what he was going to say.

Darren scoffed. "Do you really want to know or are you just being nice?"

Jade scoffed and rolled her eyes, finding his attitude uncalled for. "I was just trying to be nice but forget it."

The female stood up and headed towards the door, but he stepped in front of her, causing her to stop. She looked up at him.

"It was horrible." He finally answered her question.

She scoffed. "Oh you got rejected? What a surprise." She rolled her eyes.

"No, actually, I rejected her." Darren corrected.

"Oh, what?" Jade felt feminine anger. "She wasn't good enough for you?"

"No, actually, she was perfect." Darren responded.

Jade rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue. "Wow, you are such a-"

"Let me finish!" Darren snapped. Jade's eyes widened and she didn't say a word, letting the male speak. "She was perfect, but not perfect for me. She was sweet and kind and cared about what I was interested in, but not once could I genuinely smile or laugh around her."

Jade rolled her eyes. "Why are you telling me all this?"

"You asked, didn't you?" Darren responded.

"Like I said," Jade said. "I only asked just to be nice. I don't actually care."

Jade tried to leave again but Darren stepped in front of her again.

"Well I'm going to tell you anyway." Darren stated. "She was a great listener but she didn't understand my humor. She couldn't make me smile or laugh. She...she wasn't you, Jade."

Jade's eyes widened, taken aback by what he said. "What did you just say?"

"Jade, I left the date early because it didn't feel right." Darren went on to explain. "I was distracted. I couldn't stop thinking about how sad I was to tell you that I was going on a date. Majority of the night, I was just out by myself thinking. And then I finally realized how I felt."

The male looked into the female's eyes. "Jade, I like you."

Jade looked down shaking her head. She was somewhat angry. "I just wish you realized that before you..."

"I know." Darren said, grabbing the female's hand. "Before I hurt you. And I feel so bad. Please Jade, I'm really sorry and I'm begging for your forgiveness."

Jade thought for a moment before smirking. "I don't see you begging."

Darren froze before scoffing after understanding. Then he got on his knees and cupped his hands together, leaning up towards her.

"I'm begging you, Jade." He played along to her game.

Jade couldn't help but smile as she pulled the male up. "I like you too, Darren. As much as I hate to say it."

He snickered before reacting. "Hey! Why is that embarrassing?!"

Jade just shook her head as she smiled to herself.

"I'm going to leave now." She said, starting to walk by.

This time, rather than stepping in front of her, he waited until she passed him to turn around and wrap his arms around her.

"So, does this mean you will go out with me?" He asked her.

She turned her head to look at him. "Lexi and Oliver would never approve."

"They can't control us." Darren responded.

Jade turned around to face the male. "But Lexi is one of my best friends and so is Oliver to you. If any one of us dated any one of you, we would literally die."

Darren then smirked. "Well, tell that to Seb and Leah because from what I'm understanding, they are already dating."

"What?!" Jade shouted, offended that her friend didn't tell her first. "Oh that little-"

Jade turned around and stormed out of the room.

"So is that a yes?!" Darren asked, sticking his head out of the room.

"Fine!" Jade exclaimed as she continued to storm away.

Darren smiled as he turned around, then did his own celebratory dance. That went a lot better than he thought and he was happy to be in a relationship with somebody who had the kind of humor he had.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! That's two for two! Who do you think is going to be next? Lol I hope you guys enjoyed this cute chapter and I will see you soon. Biez!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.8K 1.2K 30
"Get ready to meet the boys" Being siblings with a Social Media influencer brother was never your favorite, but you also never knew how big of a life...
198K 2.8K 40
*SMUT WARNING* We're best friends and I've had a crush on him since I was 14. Years later, things get complicated after one night. Read to find out w...
14.8K 276 12
Another story about Sebastian and Ryan of the North Star Boys. They are going to be in high school for the story so age is changed. THIS HAS NOTHING...
46.3K 1.1K 29
Two boys become friends off accidentally adding one them to a Instagram group chat . Will they only be friends or will be be more ?