The Alpha's Human Mate

By Gracelesss

Addison Avery's life has been completely flipped upside down when her mother announced that they would be mov... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Maybe It Won't Be So Bad
Chapter 2 First Day
Chapter 3 Ivy Know's Best
Chapter 4 Electric Shocks
Chapter 5 History and Myths
Chapter 6 Maybe Mom Was Right
Chapter 7 Andrew And Juliet
Chapter 8 Friday Night
Chapter 9 Near Kisses And Near Misses
Chapter 10 Mountain Lions Roar
Chapter 11 Strip Tease And Soulmates
Chapter 12 Santa Isn't Real But Werewolves Are
Chapter 13 Spending The Night
Chapter 14 Empty Classrooms
Chapter 15 This Feeling
Chapter 16 Human Dating Customs
Chapter 17 Dress Shopping
Chapter 18 The Date
Chapter 19 Threats
Chapter 20 Telling Mom
Chapter 21 The Show Goes On
Chapter 22 The Reason
Chapter 23 Xavier's POV
Chapter 24 The House Where Dream's Die
Chapter 25 Finding Addison
Chapter 26 Andrew's True Colours
Chapter 27 The Battle
Chapter 28 The Things We Hear
Chapter 29 Waking Up
Chapter 30 Mom Advice Is The Best Advice
Chaptet 31 Girl Talk
Chapter 32 From Friends, To Family, To Forever
Chapter 33 Dungeons and Details
Chapter 34 Andrew's Answers
Chapter 35 Meeting The Parents
Chapter 36 Hair, Makeup, Tears
Chapter 37 The Cermoney
Chapter 38 After The After Party
Chapter 39 Cuddles and Kisses
Chapter 40 Monday Madness
Chapter 41 First Official Event
Chapter 42 Mr. Thomas' Threats
Chapter 43 How To Reject a Mate
Chapter 45 When Mr. Thomas Comes Running
Chapter 46 Ivy's Confession
Chapter 47 Not In Midnight Creek Anymore
Chapter 48 He Knows
Chapter 49 The Plan
Chapter 50 Out Lying The Liar
Chapter 51 Under The Full Moon I Say . . .
Chapter 52 Stand Down
Chapter 53 It's Your Life, Addison Avery
Chapter 54 Reunited And It Feels So Good
Chapter 55 I'll Always Come Back To You
New Updated Version
The new updated version is up!

Chapter 44 The Blue Moon Pack

33.4K 847 55
By Gracelesss

           Mr. Thomas's house reminded me of my grandparents. There were pictures of chubby-cheeked kids and smiling parents covering every inch of his walls. A few of them I even recognized as Xavier and Cecelia when they were younger.

It almost made me forget that the man in front of me wasn't a monster. Key word being almost.

"I must say, Miss Avery," a sickening smile grew on Mr. Thomas' face. "That as much as I hate humans because all they do is ruin everything, I am very pleased that you have some class."

"I'm not going anywhere," I blurted out before he could say a word. "I don't know why you hate humans so much and I really don't care," I said bluntly. "But me leaving this pack and more importantly leaving Xavier will never happen."

The smile fell right off his face. "You are a stupid, useless human after all."

"I know all about rejections and how it would only hurt and break Xavier apart and for that matter, the pack. If you really cared about The Midnight Moon Pack then you would not have asked me to leave in the first place."

"Oh Miss Avery," Mr. Thomas took a few steps forward until I could feel his hot breath fanning over my face. "I'm not asking you to leave, oh no, I'm telling you."

There was barely an inch of space between us and I could feel my skin crawling and the hair on the back of my neck sticking up.

I had made sure to block off all of my emotions from Xavier as soon as he dropped me off at Mr. Thomas. I didn't want him to sense anything that was going to happen. And for that reason too I also blocked our mind link so I wouldn't accidentally send anything though.

"And how do you intend to make me leave? If you haven't forgotten, I've been officially sworn in as Luna and Xavier has marked me. I'm not going to be able to leave that easily, no one will let that happen," I repeated hoping that he would get the point and see that he had no leverage and no cards to use.

Mr. Thomas took a few steps back and brushed past me as he walked farther into his house.

We were standing in the entranceway, just off of the living room. As soon as I knocked on the door and Xavier gave Mr. Thomas a quick handshake I took a few steps in before the front door slammed shut behind me. Of course, I don't want to enter any more than I had to of course.

          "I would think that you valued your mother's life more than your pride," Mr. Thomas said way too casually for my liking.

"Where is all of this coming from?" I couldn't stop the question from coming out of my mouth. It's all I had been thinking about. Why now? Why didn't Mr. Thomas threaten me and try and drive me out of town at the beginning along with Mr. Davis? Couldn't I just catch a break for once?

"Your great-grandmother grew up in a werewolf pack in Colorado, is that correct Mis Avery?" Mr. Thomas completely ignored my question. "A human being raised among werewolves, how stupid. Especially when you learn that she was adopted by them. A true, pureblooded pack would never let such a thing happen, and I suppose because of that we find ourselves in this current mess."

"Don't bring my family into this," I spat. "This issue is between you and me -- no one else needs to get involved, especially my family for that matter."

My mom had already been through enough, and my grandma didn't need to get thrown into this either.

"The Blue Monn pack thought that they were going to change both our worlds," Mr. Thomas was facing one of the many photos up on his fireplace mantel. "They wanted to expose our kind to you humans, for us to all be one. But of course, that didn't work out. As soon as they tried telling the humans screamed and ran, only to come back with pitchforks like we were the devil that needed to die."

"I didn't come with any pitchforks or torches," I remind. "Yes, I was scared at first, but I'd say that I'm taking it pretty well."

Mr. Thomas picked up the photo he was staring at and turned around to face me. The picture in his hand was old and yellowed, I could see that the edges were tattered even underneath the wooden frame. "The Blue Moon Pack did not make it out alive," he said darkly. "They got ambushed and none made it out alive. . ."

"It's awful what happened, but I'm not here to kill anyone!"

"The Blue Moon Pack became a haunted story that parents would tell their pups at Halloween. It was a way to warn young werewolves about the dangers of humans and how we had to stay hidden."

Mr. Thomas thrusted the picture into my hands as he spoke. It was a family photo. There was a mom and dad and a young boy and girl who I assumed were siblings. They all looked so happy, they were beaming at the camera.

"The Blue Moon Pack was real though," I said out loud fully taking in all the information that was running around in my head. "My great-grandma was part of it, my mom lived near it. It wasn't just a story."

"There was only one survivor, of course, no one knew at the time. I was kept secret, the pack that took the survivor in was afraid that those humans would come back and finish them as well."

I was finally catching on.

"It was you," I whispered. "You were the only survivor from the Blue Moon Pack and you came here, to the Midnight Moon Pack, and never told anyone."

"Maybe you aren't so dumb after all Miss Avery," Mr. Thomas chuckled. "Your great-grandmother was the beginning of the end of The Blue Moon Pack."

"No!" I yelled. "Those awful people that killed and didn't understand were."

"If she had never been adopted into the pack then my parents wouldn't have been killed in front of me."

"No!"

"Then your grandmother and mother only stayed around and helped the destruction. Neither of them came back to give or help bury the dead!" Mr. Thomas took a step forward and I took one back. "They just left like the stupid, awful, nasty, humans that they are! And for years I could do nothing about it, I spent so long trying to track them down but came up empty-handed every time."

I took another step backwards, the picture clutched tightly in my hands like it would keep whatever was about to happen from happening.

"And so I had to give up and return to the Midnight Moon pack with nothing. And then Xavier met his mate while I was away, and I heard that she was human. I came back as soon as I heard, I had to see it with my own eyes, and then image my surprise when I see you!" he spit out. "A spitting image of her great-grandmother that killed everyone I loved."

I tried to open my mouth to defend myself, to yell at him that it wasn't me. It wasn't my great-grandma either -- it was some stupid small-minded people that killed his pack! But nothing came out.

"So I made sure, I arrived three days ago and the first thing I did was inquire about you. And from that, I found what I already knew -- you were who I had been searching for!" His voice was dark and I could feel my heart in my throat.

"It's only fair," Mr. Thomas smirked. "Your great-grandmother killed my family, so now I'll kill hers."

"Xavier will know," I managed to push the words out. "He'll know that it was you and he'll find me."

"Oh Miss Avery," Mr. Thomas laughed as I had just told a joke. "Xavier will be far too busy marking mating his new mate. He won't have any use or cares for you anymore."

"Then my mom!" I yelled. "She wouldn't just turn a blind eye to me leaving out of the blue."

"Your mother will suffer for her daughter as I have suffered every day for my family."

"You're absolutely sick," I said.

"You silly girl," Mr. Thomas laughed at me again. My back was flush with the front door and I so badly wanted to spin around and open it and run like hell away from here. "You would have been long gone by now if you didn't put up a block in that dim, little mind of yours. Of course, it's exactly what I knew you'd do. Come in here with no backup thinking that you could talk your way out. Just your great-grandma! Oh, she also thought that she was brave for never taking backup and being on her own without mind link."

Mr. Thomas shot his hand out and grabbed roughly around my bicep. The shook of it caused me to drop the photo, the glass shattering at our feet.

"The only difference between you and her is that you were dumb enough to not mind-link anyone when you knew what was going to happen."

And before I knew it, everything around me went black and I slumped forward into Mr. Thomas.

Hi loves!
What did you
Think of this chapter?!
Did you see that twist
With Mr. Thomas coming?
Please comment,
I promise that I read them
All and respond to
Any questions as well!!

I really hoped
That you liked it!

I have 3 more weeks
Of school and then I'll
Be on break!
Which means I should
Be able to update More!!

I will also be working
On my other stories
So please check
Those out
And let me know!

Also follow me if you'd
Like to know when I'll
Be updating each story.

Until next chapter,
❤️ G

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 17K 33
#1 in Werewolf Blake is the Head Enforcer of the Blood Moon Pack. The Biggest Pack in the world! Reaching a population of 25,000 werewolves. He is b...
182K 4.6K 20
Her lips brush against his, "Mine," she whispers before kissing him. Sparks flew throughout both of their bodies and their lips molded together perfe...
195K 5.5K 36
WARNING: UNDER EXTREME EDITING An Alpha King A Human Girl Alpha King Luca Mason, 23, known to be the greatest Alpha of all time. The only thing is he...
8.1K 285 16
Being a curse on her own pack. She never wished for it. Taking all the pain she waited for her mate. When finally they met. From sneaking out to gett...