Silence

By ohdearenisdc

Part 1 {Silence} COMPLETED Part 2 {Noise} COMPLETED Part 3 {Continuation} ONGOING- (SEPERATE BOOK) Aspen Orin... More

{Updated} A/N and Characters
{1} Silence
{2} Quiet
{3} Peace
{4} Stillness
{5} Lull
{6} Serenity
{7} Hushed
{8} Tranquility
{9} Solitude
{10} Rest
{11} Muffled
{12} Shush
{13} Mute
{14} Unheard
{15} Inaudible
{16} Soothe
{17} Speechless
{18} Placid
{19} Gentle
{20} Lonely
{21} Unclear
{22} Low
{23} Soundless
{24} Reserved
{25} Secretive
{26} Reticent
{27} Sedate
{28} Composure
{29} Whist
{30} Incoherent
{31} Equanimity
{32} Faint
{33} Stifled
{34} Hazy
{35} Dull
{36} Feeble
{37} Vague
{38} Faltering
{39} Hesitance
{40} The Final Silence
Character Q&A
{1.2} Noise
{2.2} Loud
{3.2} Crash
{4.2} Piercing
{5.2} Ringing
{6.2} Enhanced
{7.2} Screech
{8.2} Whistle
{9.2} Echo
{11.2} Commotion
{12.2} Unruly
{13.2} Deep
{14.2} Ruckus
{15.2} Yell
{16.2} Deafening
{17.2} Static
{18.2} Shrill
{19.2} Emphatic
{20.5} Language
{21.5} Snap
{22.2} Powerful
{23.2} Cry
{24.2} Uproarious
{25.2} Melody
{26.2} Blare
{27.2} Scream
{28.2} Thundering
{29.2} The Final Noise
Epilogue
{Bonus 1} Love
AUTHORS NOTE :)

{10.2} Boom

8.7K 369 202
By ohdearenisdc

{Windermere's POV}

I see her trip and wince watching it. Please don't be hurt. Please don't be hurt.

Relief washes over me as she stands up, brushing herself off and carrying on her exit.

Lucky kid.

At least I hope. She said she knew the buyer so I hope that's her ticket to freedom.

When she disappears from sight, I lean back and exhale. I hear the door to the basement shut and along with it, my life is empty again.

She brought a little bit of light in this dark place. Almost like a ray of hope.

"Hey" Jyn tries to get our attention.

Everyone ignores him. I don't think anyone feels like talking right now.

"Hey!" He repeats louder.

This better be good, I'm not in the f*cking mood. I look towards his cell and see him hold something shiny. I squint trying to see.

"Guess who just got our ticket out of here?" He says

"Hey, what is that?" I ask.

"A gun." He replies. "Thanks to our new friend"

"Aspen?" Kalon asks.

"Yeah, she slid it in my cell when she fake tripped." Jyn replies.

"Dang, she's smart." I say, smiling like a b*tch.

"Yeah, now we just need a plan." Jyn says.

"Next meal time should be soon. Each guard has a key, yeah?" Xan suggests.

"Yeah, when he slides the food in your cell, shoot him. Take the key from his pocket and we sneak out." Kalon says, excitedly.

"Okay but there's people upstairs. We can't just stroll around like we own the place." Jyn says.

"We take a back exit or something. Shoot every person we see." Kalon says.

"That's a noisy massacre. We wouldn't make it past the front door." I tell them. "Were lucky if they don't hear the initial shot Jyn takes."

"It's the way it'll have to be. You guys can fight, so do it like your life depends on it." Jyn says, taking a dramatic pause I roll my eyes at. "because it does."

"Were pretty much going out blind?" I clarify.

"It's all we got." Jyn says defeatedly.

I sit down on the ground, shivering slightly. I gave Aspen my blanket and I guess I'm not getting that back. I lied when I said I had extra.

It's okay, as long as she was warm.

[[[]]]

"Hey, someone's coming!" Jyn whisper shouts.

My head shoots up. I nearly dozed off there. I stand and rush to the front of my cell. I watch as Jyn prepares himself for the guard.

I watch as one of the worst guards stalks down the hall. This dude beat me more times I can even count. Since I faked my death, no one paid to torture me. Of course they all thought I was dead already. But this dude didn't care, he targeted me for some reason. There are scars, bruises, cuts and even a gunshot wound to remind me of what he did. F*cking sicko found it entertaining.

I watch with pleasure as Jyn stands tall. He waits for the guard to bend down and place the plate to the ground. He goes to stand up again-

Bang

The guard falls limp and I smirk at the sight. Jyn quickly bends down and squeezes his arms through the bars of the cell. He rumages through the pockets and all over the coat he was wearing.

"The f*cks going on?!" Kalons asks me. He can't see from the angle his cell is in.

"Got the key!" Jyn exclaims as he places it in the key hole and unlocks it.

The door swings open and Jyn smirks. He moves on to Xan's cell and unlocks it easily. Xan wastes no time in going to the guards dead body and searching it. As my lock clicks open, Xan holds up a second gun and smiles.

Kalon can barely keep still as Jyn fiddles with the final lock. When the door swings open, Kalon jumps and brings Jyn into a hug which Jyn pauses at. He reluctantly taps Kalons back before stepping away.

"Hate to sh*t on the party, but we gotta go." I urge.

"Sh*t, right." Kalon comes back to reality.

"We gotta go up, it's our only option." Xan says.

"Let's go. Is the gun loaded?" Jyn asks, taking lead in walking towards the stairs.

"5 bullets." Xan replies, sliding the clip back in the gun.

"It'll have to do." Jyn pauses at the steps and turns around to face us. "Our main goal is getting the f*ck out of here. Be silent and diligent. If we're spotted, bullets are going to start flying so be prepared for that." He pauses to let his words sink in, "Let's get our freedom back."

He turns around, not waiting for replies and starts walking up the stairs. Xan follows him with me behind and Kalon on our tail. He opens the door, revealing an incredibly bright light.

Has light always been so.. bright?

I squint my eyes and continue following behind Xan. I can see they're having trouble adjusting as well.

Jyn leads the way, I have no idea where. I think we're all pretty much walking around blind.

Jyn walks through various hallways and corridors, pausing at each turn. We're lucky to not have been spotted yet, but I don't want to speak too soon.

As we reach the next corner, Jyn pauses and goes to peek. Just as he does that, a random guard comes from where Jyn was just about to look. The guard stops and widens his eyes at the sight of us.

"Would you believe," Xan starts nervously. "We were tourists who simply got lost?"

The guard starts opening his mouth to speak but Jyn karate chops him in the neck. The guard drops to the ground, unconscious.

"Did you just... karate chop him?" Kalon asks.

"Less noise than a gun shot." Jyn shrugs.

"Right." Kalon gulps.

Jyn crouches down and looks in the guards pockets. He smiles pulling out a gun. He stands up and hands it to me, leaving Kalon the only unarmed person.

I check the clip, finding four bullets. I slide the clip back in and gesture for Jyn to continue.

As Jyn starts walking again, Kalon speaks up.

"Honestly, I think we should find a window. It would be easier-"

Everyone immediately stops.

Jyn, being the great tour guide he is, lead us to a very populated livingroom. The men, I'm guessing around ten, pause their conversation and look at us. Some quickly coming to their senses and reaching for guns.

"WAIT!" Xan yells, making everyone stop and look at him. "Would you believe we were tour-"

Bang

The first gunshot goes off. The four of us immediately duck and back away from the entrance. Jyn reaches around the corner and shoots randomly.

"Jyn! We can't afford to waist bullets. Wait for them to come to us!" I whisper shout at him.

He agrees silently and brings his hand back from around the corner. He take a deep breath but is interrupted by one of the men coming into view.

I raise my gun and shoot him flawlessly. He drops to the ground.

This clearly angers the other men since they all begin charging at us one after the other. I'm not sure we'll have enough bullets for this because this noise is bringing more people to the party.

We're forced to back up as people ambush us. Jyn, Xan and I shoot to kill, trying or best to make flawless shots as not to waste bullets.

Kalon on the other hand is forced to fight with his hands. I was initially concerned but he is clearly trained. As people aim guns at him, he easily deflects their efforts and takes them down as if he does it on the daily.

Luckily he was able to get a gun from one of his targets. I find myself in an opposite dilemma, having ran out of bullets.

At this point, the boys and I are backed to a wall and I'd say we've taken out about ten men, probably more. Since our efforts have caused so much noise, we got attention from probably everyone in the house. Meaning at this rate, the fight won't be over anytime soon.

"We have to get out of this!" I yell over the bullets.

"Just f*cking run!" Jyn shouts.

Kalon is the first to turn and run back the way we came. Xan and Jyn immediately follow and I do the same.

We run aimlessly, searching for an exit. Bullets are still flying behind us and too many times, I feel one directly beside my head.

People of course try cutting us off but drop as one of the boy's shoot them.

We turn a corner and finally see a f*cking door. Jyn sprints to it and rips it open. I let Xan and Kalon go ahead of me and finally, we're all outside.

The danger isn't gone though.

Guards follow us outside and I finally see the man responsible for all of this when I look over my shoulder.

F*cking Oslo.

"Put you guns down!" Oslo commands his men.

The obey reluctantly, but we continue running. The driveway isn't long so we make it to the street and look back, confused.

They're not making and effort to go after us?

"Let's f*cking go!" Kalon says impatiently.

"Why the f*ck did they stop?" Jyn asks.

"Who f*cking cares, look there's a person getting in a car!" Kalon draws our attention to one of the neighbors house. The houses aren't close together so it makes sense they're not suspicious of the noise. "Let's block them before they leave."

Kalon starts walking. Jyn takes one look back and follows after, jogging slightly. Xan and I follow as well.

Before the car can get out of the driveway, Kalon gets behind it and the car screeches and honks. Jyn opens the driver's door and a very frightened and confused middle aged woman puts her hands up.

"W-w-what are y-you d-doing?" She stutters.

"Were not going to hurt you lady, just get out." Jyn says firmly, not aiming the gun at her, but holding it where she can see.

She fumbles as she unclicks her seatbelt and gets out of the car shakily.

"I'm sorry and thank you." Jyn says, getting in the driver's seat.

I mumble a quick sorry, getting in the back. Kalon gets in the passengers seat and Xan is in the back with me.

Jyn skids as he starts driving away. We are all silent, processing what the f*ck just happened.

"Hey g-" Jyn cuts Xan off.

"Why did they just let us leave?" Jyn asks no one in particular.

"Can you f*cking forget about it? We're free Jyn." Kalons replies, staring out the window.

"Guy-" I cut off Xan.

"Jyn watch where the f*ck you're going!" I shout.

"F*ck" Jyn swerves the car nearly in the ditch. Luckily he regains control and I breathe out in relief.

"Can you not f*cking drive?" Kalon asks.

"Give me a break, it's been 6 f*cking years." He replies.

"Hey guys I-" Xan is cut off by Jyn slamming the breaks.

"F*ck!"

"Dude do we need to switch?" I ask.

"No, I just need to get the hang of this thing." Jyn huffs.

"I think I've been shot." Xan says suddenly.

Everyone immediately looks at Xan and sure enough, there is a red splotch of blood he's holding on his lower abdomen.

"Jyn!" I yell to make him pay attention, he slams the breaks again, nearly hitting another car. "Keep your eyes on the f*cking road I can handle this."

I lift his hand up and watch for a reaction from him. He doesn't wince or anything. He is perfectly relaxed and his face is void of any pain.

"The adrenaline?" I ask.

"Sure." He nods.

"Can you even feel it, Xan?" I ask.

"The adrenaline, like you said." He replies, clearly lying. "I need something to cover it."

I take off my old, dirty shirt and cover it. It's obviously not ideal but it's all we have. I apply pressure to it and he is still fine.

"Are you on drugs?" I ask him quietly, so the other boys cant hear.

"What? No!" He gets defensive.

"Why cant you feel this then?" I ask.

"I can, it hurts but I'm not a f*cking wimp." he retorts.

"You know that's funny," I pause for dramatic affect. What am I? Jyn? "Because I just took the bullet out and you didn't even wince."

I pinch the small piece of metal, holding it up for Xan to see. He widens his eyes, caught.

"So I'll ask again, is it drugs?" 

"No," He says, defeated. "F*ck, how do I explain this? I cant feel anything."

"What?" Kalon turns back in his seat, confused.

"It's pain, I cant feel pain. It's called congenital insensitivity to pain or some sh*t like that."

I pinch his arm and he holds no reaction. He simply turns to me and glares. He yanks his arm away from me and takes a deep breath.

"But how? Didn't the guards torture you too?" Jyn asks.

"It's called acting. If I didn't give a reaction, they would only get mad and do more sh*t. I had to put on a show so they would f*cking stop." 

"You cheated?" Kalon asks.

"It's not cheating and it's not my fault. The injuries are very much there, I simply cant feel them." Xan explains.

"Damn." Jyn shakes his head.

"Just like this bullet wound. It's life threatening, but I cant feel it." Xan says, looking at the wound. "It's a blessing and a curse."

"So you're fine right? Just keep pressure on it and it should be okay." I ask.

"Yeah, hopefully." Xan says, leaning back in his seat.

The car falls silent as Jyn continues driving. Again, I have no idea where he's going but I finally feel myself relax slightly. I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack with the rate my heart was beating at. I stare out the window and finally realize I'm out.

I'm free.

After three and a half years, I'm in a car, looking out a window, feeling the sun on my face, seeing trees and nature, looking at the blue sky, and so much more I cant wait to experience again.

I find my eyes closing as I lean my head against the window.

I'm finally free.

-----------------------------------

Ask and ye shall receive! An overwhelming amount of people wanted to see the escape so here you go :) I hope you enjoyed!

Thank you all for reading, commenting, and voting! I appreciate it so much. I also love when you give me suggestions of what you want to see! I try to listen as long as it goes along with my plot.

Until next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.1K 34
ᴇ ɴ ᴅ ᴜ ʀ ᴇ ; ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛꜱ. ʙʀɪᴇʟʟᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟᴇꜱ. ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ, ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀɴꜱ ꜰᴏʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟᴇꜱ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴍ...
297K 8.7K 40
"Go ahead and be mad at me, but when you, someone I care about is at risk, even the slightest bit of danger, I'm going to do and say whatever I want...
37.8K 1.1K 15
Although she was surrounded by love she couldn't help but feel hollow and broken. She woke up every day, restless after a tiring and horrific night S...
73.2K 2.8K 45
(Drowning Series - Book One) Alexandra Ariana Marino; The first born girl in three generations, known as the girl who always smiles and lights up h...