The Wolf King and I

By ImHannahLucas

[SOON TO BE PUBLISHED UNDER IMMAC PRINTING AND PUBLISHING HOUSE] How does it feel to live inside your favorit... More

i
ii
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Special Chapter 1
New Story Promotion
100k Reads!🎉🎉🎉
SOON TO BE PUBLISHED UNDER IMMAC PRINTING AND PUBLISHING HOUSE

Chapter 53

6.6K 310 32
By ImHannahLucas

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 53

The Xing empire is one of the strongest empires on this continent. I heard that there was a decades-long war between them and Qin until it was stopped by sending the eighth princess as a tribute to the Emperor of Qin. The alliance between the two empires made her the new Empress of the other land. But now, they're back at each other's throats after a short period of peace.

When Yixing found me and brought me to this place, he immediately hired me as one of his imperial guards. At first, I was hesitant to wield a sword, but as time passed by, I slowly got used to it. But I'm still nowhere near to the skills of his old imperial guards. I bet he only felt bad that I'd lost all of my memories and was left orphaned by the evil Emperor of Qin.

Emperor Zhang Wei...

Hatred suddenly flared up in my chest as I gritted my teeth with anger. He slaughtered my whole family and left me to survive in this world. I'll make sure that he'll pay the price for killing all of my loved ones. I'll make him regret letting me live, even for just a day.

Yixing was right. I need to seek revenge for the death of my family.

Ngayong umaga ay naghahanda na ako para sa paglalakbay namin patungo sa borders ng Xing nang bigla akong binisita ng isang hindi inaasahang panauhin.

"I heard that his majesty created problems with you again yesterday, Fei." That morning, Empress Chuhua spoke to me inside my room.

Mabilis naman akong yumuko bilang pag-galang sa kanya.

"Worry not, your majesty. It is my duty to keep him safe and unharmed." I replied.

Kasalukuyan akong nagsusuot ng armor sa loob ng kwarto ko pero laking gulat ko nang biglang dumating ang Empress.

Hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit ang pinaka-makapangyarihan na babae sa kaharian na ito ay nagpunta mismo sa loob ng kwarto ng mga imperial guards para kausapin ako.

Ah, that's right.

There is a rumor going around that I am one of Emperor Yixing's secret mistresses. The closeness between us is creating unnecessary misunderstandings in the palace.

I'm sure that the Empress thinks the same.

"Fei," she called my name.

"Yes, your majesty?"

"It is my worry that his majesty might be harmed in the battle with Qin. I'm here to request that you protect him with all of your life when you're with him. We all know that His Majesty is a hard-headed person and you're the only person that His Majesty listens to. " She spoke in her soft voice.

After ascending to the throne a year ago, his majesty was forced to take one of the Minister's daughter as his Empress.

Nagtaas naman ako ng mukha at tinitigan ang maganda niyang mukha na punong-puno ng pag-aalala.

But the way I'm seeing the sadness into the Empress' face, I can say that she truly cares for his majesty.

"His majesty might be immature and hard-headed at times, but he is a strong man and his battle skills are exceptional." I've tried to convince her. "Your majesty can rest assured that there will be no harm that will fall with his majesty during the battle."

A faint smile was painted into her lips like she was finally assured.

"Very well." She replied. "I know that you're busy preparing now for your trip to the Xing's borders. I won't hold you any longer."

Kaagad naman akong yumuko sa kanya.

"Please be well, your majesty." I bowed.

Tumalikod naman siya at nagsimula ng maglakad paalis kasama ang mga nakahilirang mga servants niya.

Pero ilang hakbang palang ang nagagawa niya ay bigla nalang siyang lumingon sa akin.

"And by the way..." She spoke.

Kaagad akong yumuko ulit.

"Yes, your majesty."

Pero naramdaman ko nalang ang unti-unting panlalaki ng mga mata ko nang dahil sa sumunod na sinabi niya.

"If you've succedeed in protecting his majesty this time, I will let you stay by his side as one of his Imperial Noble Consorts."

I was right.

She's misunderstanding my relationship with Yixing!

Mabilis akong nagtaas ng mukha at gulat na nagsalita.

"But your majesty—-"

"I know that his majesty fancies you so much." She tried to hide the pain from her eyes but I can still see it. "Maybe this is the only way I can do something for his majesty."

"But I—-"

"Fei." Her serious eyes looked straightly into mine and that stunned me. This is the first time that I saw the soft spoken Empress get this serious. "I will arrange your marriage with the Emperor after you came back from war. This is my final decision as the ruler of the harem."

I must be damned.

I can't even say "no" to the Empress! She's the highest ranking official next to the Emperor in this kingdom. How can I dare to go against her wishes?!

Yumuko nalang ako ulit at kahit labag sa kalooban ko ay sumagot ako.

"As you wish, your majesty." I replied.

Nang makaalis na siya ay wala akong ibang nagawa kundi ang mapatitig sa pag-alis niya.

Bahala na.

I'll talk with Yixing about this. I can't marry someone that I don't love.

Love, huh?

With my given situation right now, I don't even know if I can love someone in my life—-

"Chin..." In a split second, a jolt of pain suddenly hit my head as I saw a vivid image of a man reaching his hand to me. Nakita kong nakasuot siya ng damit pangkasal habang iniaabot niya sa akin ang kamay niya. His face is blurred and everything is dark around him.

Bigla akong napahawak sa ulo ko at nanlalaki ang mga matang napatulala sa kawalan.

Huh?

What is that?

Who is that man?

And what is this great amount of pain that suddenly shot through my chest?

Napahawak nalang ako sa dibdib ko dahil pakiramdam ko ay biglang sumikip iyon.

Why?

Why am I feeling this way after seeing that man into my vision? And why am I seeing something like this? Am I hallucinating? Is this the effect of my accident a year ago?

Just who is he?

"Fei!" I heard that happy male voice that called for my name from outside.

Mabilis naman akong nagtaas ng mukha para makita kung sino ang bagong dumating.

It's Yixing.

Nakangiti pa siyang tumakbo palapit sa akin. Pero hindi pa man siya tuluyang nakakalapit ay bigla nalang siyang natigil sa pagtakbo. Nakita ko pa ang tuluyang pagkakatigil niya mula sa kinatatayuan.

The smile on his face slowly vanished.

Huh?

Bakit bigla nalang siyang natigilan? May dumi ba sa mukha ko?

Why is he looking at me with that shock expression on his face?

"Fei..." he whispered.

But what he said next stunned me from where I was standing.

"Why are you crying?" his eyes are now serious while looking at me.

Huh?

Gulat ko namang nakapa ang mga pisngi ko at napatingin nalang ako sa basa kong mga kamay.

That's right.

Why are these tears falling?

"Damn it." I heard him curse.

Hindi na ako nakagalaw pa nang bigla siyang tumakbo palapit sa akin at niyakap ako ng sobrang higpit.

Naramdaman ko pa ang unti-unting panlalaki ng mga mata ko nang maintindihan ko kung ano ang ginawa niya.

Why is he holding me like this?

"Tell me." His voice is deadly serious, and this is the first time I've seen him like this. "Who hurt you like this? Tell me, Fei and I'll make them regret ever putting tears in your eyes. "

There is a void in my heart that cannot be filled no matter what I do.

Yixing, why am I feeling this way?

***

Damn it. Yixing could only curse while looking at Fei's direction.

He's currently sitting in one of the seats around that table with his generals, but his mind is somewhere else. Fei is silently standing in a corner as one of his imperial guards.

It took them a whole day before they arrived near the borders. They built their military camps behind the dark forest to be invisible to any sudden attacks, and now they're currently in a meeting to talk about their plans for the inevitable war.

He could only silently touch his forehead.

They are in the face of war, but all he could think of was the pain in Fei's eyes before they arrived at the borders.

Did the Empress make her cry? He thought. If that's the case, I'll make her pay double.

"Your majesty, I am General Li and I'm here to relay the information about the current situation." One of his generals grabbed his attention from his inner thoughts.

The meeting has already started, and now he must listen to what his generals have to say.

"The Emperor of Qin brought approximately twenty thousand of his soldiers, and they're now pushing towards the State of Min. Our soldiers are scattered in the area, but I'm afraid that if we don't take immediate action, there is a strong possibility that they will take the land from our hands."

That bastard. He silently cursed. He's really done it this time.

The State of Min is located on the borderline between Xing and Qin. It will take only five hours by horseback ride from where they are camping right now before they can arrive at the place. The land is known to be rich with minerals and gold and has been disputed between the two empires for years. Currently, it is under the ownership of their empire, but the forces of Qin are trying to steal the rich land from them. It seems like Emperor Zhang Wei knows his priorities. That man knew how to play his cards. Not only will he take the richest land in Xing, but he will also weaken the soldiers' morale if he succeeds. The state is one of the economic pillars of Xing, and taking over the land also means a great loss to the empire.

He smirked.

As what I had expected from that bastard. He thought.

"We tried to send messengers to their camp for a peacetalk but..." One of his generals spoke.

This time, he rose his head and waited for the General's next words.

"But?" he asked impatiently.

"...but all that's returned to us is the decapitated head of the messenger."

He could not help but laugh with amusement.

Of course, Zhang Wei is not here for the talks. He's here to take his head from cutting off their alliance.

"So, that only means that we could no longer avoid this war." He spoke.

The general bowed to him.

"I'm afraid so, your majesty." The general replied.

"Well then, I was the one who cut our friendship short, so it is only right for me to return the favor." He said this with a meaningful smile on his face.

He turned and looked at the group of his generals.

"Prepare reinforcements for our soldiers in the frontlines. My soldiers need me, and so I must join you in this battle." He announced. "We will join the soldiers of Min at dawn."

***

"Your majesty!"

Napatigil sa paglalakad palabas ng tent si Yixing nang marinig niya ang pagtawag sa kanya. Kaagad naman siyang napalingon sa pinagmulan ng boses at hindi niya mapigilang mapangiti nang makita si Fei.

"Fei." His voice softens after seeing her.

Pero kaagad ding nawala ang ngiti sa labi niya nang dahil sa sumunod na sinabi nito.

"Let me come with you." She desperately spoke.

Her eyes is full of worry while looking at him so desperately. He could only sigh from this image.

"Fei, you do understand that this is a war that we're going to—-"

"I won't bother you, I promise." She almost begged. "Just let me stay by your side and protect you."

Hindi naman mapigilang mapangiti ni Yixing nang dahil sa sinabi nito.

He reached out his hand and gently touched her face.

"You're really making it hard for me when you're becoming like this...." His voice was gentle as his amber eyes softened into her worried face.

Mabilis namang kinuha ni Fei ang kamay niya mula sa mukha nito at hinawakan iyon.

"I will just stay by the sideline and watch you in the battlefield." She added. "I promise I won't meddle in the battle."

She knows that the reason the Emperor won't let her come to the war is that she lacks experience. But she just can't let Yixing go all alone on a battlefield without her protection. He was her life's savior. She won't bear it if he dies without her by his side.

A faint smile was painted into Yixing's face.

"Fei, I'm happy that you're thinking about me and that's enough for me. But this is a war we're going into where anything could happen. I won't let you risk your life for something like this—-"

"But I—-"

"You must go back to the palace and wait for my return." He commanded with a firm voice. "This is an order from your Emperor."

Sadness and worry washed all over Fei's face, and he almost grabbed her neck and kissed her so hard to wash her worries away.

I can't let you be seen by him. He thought. Chin, I know that he will do everything in his power to take you away once he has laid his eyes on you. I can't let that happen. I only want you to live beside me for the rest of our lives, away from any pain and suffering. Please forgive me. I can't return you to him.

Fei could only sigh and looked at him with those worried eyes.

"If that is your wish..." She surrendered. "I will abide, your majesty."

He could not help but to smile.

At first, he was thinking of using her against Zhang Wei, but now he doesn't even want Zhang Wei to have the slightest idea that his Empress is alive. He wants Chin for all of himself.

After bidding his farewell to the woman he loved so dearly, he rode his horse and led an army against Qin.

Upon arriving in the state of Min, where a current war is still ongoing, they are welcomed by the stench of blood filling the winter breeze.

The God of Death must have overworked this time by the amount of piled corpses in the bloody battlefield.

In the middle of that hellish war, stood the mad Emperor, who described the full meaning of insanity and misery. He's wearing full gear armor while the blade in his hands is dripping with blood.

Yixing stopped his horse at the top of the mountain and could not help but smirk when he saw the doomed Emperor of Qin. He saw him mercilessly beheading any opponent that came into his way while his eyes remained devoid of any emotions. His thundering roars in the middle of the battlefield have made him look like a death monster. Any opponent that comes into his way trembles with fear first, before their lives have been brutally taken.

He decapitates his enemies like a human neck is just as soft as cotton and a human life means nothing.

He's like an empty shell of human flesh that is only living to kill.

Emperor Yixing could only smirk from his horse.

Look what you have done, Chin. He thought. This is the result of your cursed love.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 850 55
A heartless woman wasn't just found in a book of villains, but also in reality. Well guess what? I fell in love with the heartless one. -- ...
78.2K 5.3K 44
(DISCONTINUED) Seven years ago, there were four kings who ruled in domecastle. They were known as 'the great four kings', they have everything that p...
49.1K 3.2K 24
Matapos magising sa tatlong buwang pagka-comatose si Charlie ay hindi niya alam bakit tila kulang na ang pagkatao niya kahit na hindi naman siya na w...
6.1K 1.7K 45
"Isa ka lamang perpektong kuwento na isinulat ko, hindi ko lubos aakalaing isasabuhay ka ng mga marka ng tinta ko." Paano nga ba kung ang mga imahina...