The Microphone ◊ IM5

By yellowhoodies

Completed. The Microphone is the most popular singing competition in the United States. Teenagers across the... More

Chap. 1
Chap. 2
Chap. 3
Chap. 4
Chap. 6
Chap. 7
Chap. 8
Chap. 9
Chap. 10
Chap. 11
Chap. 12
Chap. 13
Chap. 14
Chap. 15
Chap. 16
Chap. 17
Chap. 18
Chap. 19
Chap. 20
Chap. 21
Chap. 22
Chap. 23
Chap. 24

Chap. 5

265 4 6
By yellowhoodies

I sat back down next to Sarah and the boys. Soon afterwards, they were called.

They confidently stood up.

"Have you guys come up with a name for your band?"

"We are IM5." They said simultaneously.

I loved the name instantly, it suited them perfectly.

They started singing.

"Baby, even though I hate ya
I wanna love ya
I want you
And even though I can't forgive ya
I really want to
I want you
Tell me, tell me baby
Why can't you leave me
Cause even though I shouldn't want it
I gotta have it
I want you

Head in the clouds
Got no weight on my shoulders
I should be wiser
And realize that I've got
One less problem without ya
I got one less problem without ya
I got one less, one less problem
One less problem without ya
I got one less problem without ya
I got one less, one less problem"

I stood up and cheered loudly.

They killed it!

And I was pretty impressed, considering I'd never heard them sing before, they were amazing!

They came back down and sat down next to me.

We prepared ourselves to here thousands of people sing, this was going to be a long day.

~~~~~

I was sitting with Cole and Dana at the breakfast table.

We were having a pretty pleasant meal.

"I didn't know you could sing like that!" I exclaimed, excited.

"Look whose talking, little miss Whitney Houston."

"Calm down, Cole. I wish I could sing like Whitney one day."

"But clearly you can't." Suddenly said an incredibly gorgeous red haired, brown eyed girl.

"I'm sorry. You are?" I asked.

"Amanda Hyland. A clearly better singer than you."

"Oh, I hope one day I could hear you sing! I bet you're amaz-"

"So, I loved your band." She said interrupting me and talking to the boys.

"Okay," I whispered to myself.

"Thanks." Said Dana, clearly interested in her, "maybe we could hang out some time, Amanda." He winked at her.

I scoffed, feeling kind of jealous.

"Excuse me." I said while standing up and leaving the table.

"Yeah, excuse you!" She called as I walked.

She took my seat. Someone grabbed my arm and spun me around. It was Cole.

"Don't listen to her," he said sympathetically, "she's just trying to get you down cause she knows you got some serious vocals."

I gently smiled. I looked down.

"Marley," he said, getting serious, "you're voice is the best I've ever heard, don't let her get you down out of jealousy. And besides, you're way prettier than she is."

I looked up at his eyes, "thank you, Cole."

"Any time, come on, let's go to your room and we'll watch a movie. Let's make the most of a competition free day."

He held out his hand and I took it.

~~~~~~

The movie started and along the way; Will, Gabe, Sarah, and Dalton joined us.

These kids have like a psychic third eye when it comes when the gang is hanging out. They always come in right on cue.

When the movie ended, Sarah, Will, and Cole fell asleep and Dalton and Gabe ended up playing Candy Crush. I took out 'Paper Towns' and continued reading.

Out of a sudden, there was a knock on my bedroom door. I pranced down to it, and looked through the peek hole.

Dana.

I opened the door and he came in.

"You guys watched a movie and didn't tell me?"

"Sorry, I figured you'd be hanging out with Amanda." I continued.

"I was."

"Oh," I removed my hair from my face, feeling disappointed, "Come in."

He sat down next to Gabe and joined the Candy Crush Mayhem.

I continued reading, and eventually fell asleep.

~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning with everyone still in my room.

I think we just had the lamest sleepover and none of us knew it.

I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes.

"Guys!" I screamed, "get up and leave me room!"

They all slowly got up.

"Damn," said Dalton, "someone turns the nice button off in the morning."

Everyone snickered.

"Shut up and get out." I ordered.

Everyone laughed and got out.

I stripped and jumped in the shower. I dressed myself with a white sweater, dark blue skirt, combat boots, and a beige scarf. I also placed lots of rings in my fingers.

I grabbed my bag and made my way out the door.

~~~~~~

I decided to take a walk around town. It'd make a nice change to leave the hotel and the recording lot.

I settled down on the park, plugged my headphones in my ears, and closed my eyes.

Out of a sudden, a bunch of girls circled me.

"Oh my Lord! You're Marley from the Microphone! Could we take a picture with you?!"

I smiled, "Yes, yes, of course."

I took a picture with them and signed some autographs.

Is this what being famous feels like? Because I could get used to this life.

~~~~~~~

Hello!

Here is a picture of Melissa Benoist, the actress portraying the role of Sarah Rivera! Check it out!

I'd also like to thank you for giving this story 112 reads in one day! One freaking day! I'm so happy!

Thank you for everyone who read this story! I hope you love it as much as I do!

Preview: Eliminations.

Unedited.

~A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 442 33
Dalton Rapattoni and his girlfriend of one year find out that she is pregnant. But with concerts, tours, and rehearsals, things don't go as smoothly...
41K 1.2K 74
Dana's older sister, Selena who's 17 finally gets to meet his friends/band mates. Cole and her don't exactly hit it off very well. Well, they do, the...
21.1K 699 24
When Cole's socially inept sister Kylie is thrown on tour with five overbearing boys, she's thankful her enthusiastic best friend Anna is only a Skyp...
394 28 28
Lauren is in a abusive relationship and runs to her brother for safety! What happens when and old friend turns out to be a new love for her ? Read an...