THE BLOOD ROYALS Book 1: The...

By jmhallewell

As narrated by Thalia More

Author's Note
Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: The Library
Chapter Two: The Invisible Prince
Chapter Three: Looking For A Soulmate
Chapter Four: Of Royal Orders
Chapter Five: Abdicate
Chapter Six: The Crown Prince
Chapter Seven: Morning Adventure
Chapter Eight: The Real You
Chapter Nine: Blue Blood
Chapter Ten: Sweetheart
Chapter Eleven: Conviction
Chapter Twelve: The Hunt Part 1
Chapter Thirteen: The Hunt Part 2
Chapter Fourteen: The Hunt Part 3
Chapter Fifteen: The Hunt Part 4
IMPORTANT!!! Author's Note: Description of the book
Chapter Seventeen: Arrla
Chapter Eighteen: The Sun Duchy of Ebrium
Chapter Nineteen: Dining Experience
Chapter Twenty: The Other Woman?
Chapter Twenty One: A Faithful Companion
Chapter Twenty Two: Of Past Lovers
Chapter Twenty Three: Roe
Chapter Twenty Four: Fairy tales.
Chapter Twenty Five: Tales From The Sun Duchy Part 1
Chapter Twenty Six: Tales From The Sun Duchy Part 2
Chapter Twenty Seven: Pick A Side
Chapter Twenty Eight: Den of Misfits
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Bell Tower
Chapter Thirty: QM's Scheme
Chapter Thirty One: The Guest
Chapter Thirty Two: Down You Go
Chapter Thirty Three: Screams In The Night
Chapter Thirty Four: Farewell 'Princess'
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen: The Would Be Queen

298 54 49
By jmhallewell

Carperia
Thalia's POV
The sight of the gold dome shaped roofs of the palace upset me. They are beautiful for a stranger just wishing to behold this rare gem that a few call home. I blinked repeatedly and when I looked at the man who has cuffed himself to me, he frowned. My tears fell one after another.

To wipe my tears we both have to lift our hands. It's not enough that my wrists are zip tied, he has cuffed himself to my right hand.

The loud noise in the helicopter won't allow us to talk but he did use a handkerchief to dry my eyes. He looks sympathetic but his sympathy is useless to me.

I'm not crying because I got caught. I did anticipate the possibility but much earlier before I reached the man I have loved silently for over four years. What started as a skipped heart beat became love and despite all I did to reach him, he chose the crown. I'm crying because he chose the crown and not me. He should have warned me. I would have jumped and taken my chances than to be returned to a finality I can't change.

As the helicopter hovered over the helipad, I saw people waiting for me. On one end, my mother and my sisters faithfully by her side. There's significant space between them and the Prince and his guards. The Queen Mother is approaching.

As soon as it touched down, the door was pulled open. "Put on the coat!" Stephen told me.

"And let Reli miss out on me wearing another man's shirt? No way!" He cut the zip tie  around my ankles. He got out first and helped me down. As we moved away we had to keep our heads down.

When we put enough distance between us and the helicopter blades, I noted the horror on my mother's face. The t-shirt is short. It ends a little below my bottom. She shook her head. Reli glanced at my legs before his eyes settled on the bandaged foot. I'm still bare foot. I'm such a mess, not very royal.

"Your Highness." Stephen bowed his head. He finally uncuffed his wrist from mine.

"Cut the zip ties. They are not necessary." Reli instructed him.  "See me later."

"Yes Your Highness."

"What happened to her foot? What did your goons do to her?" My mother questioned Stephen.

If he didn't treat me well, I would fault him for this wound but he's only a man doing his job. "I was walking on the snow bare foot. It has nothing to do with him." I answered. The Queen Mother took off her long heavily embellished kimono and draped it over my shoulders. She took my hands and guided them into the wide sleeves. She made brief eye contact. "I'm sorry."

"Shame on you for wasting this Kingdom's resources." She strutted off. She's upset with tme.

"Reli-"

"It's Your Highness." He corrected me. "You will accompanied to your room. I'll see you later."

He walked ahead of me. It's Ellie who wrapped her arms around me and she made sure that I walked without giving out because of what Queen Mother has said. It's embarrassing.

"Keep your head up! Own this embarrassment. Don't you dare cry Lia! Don't!" She whispered into my ear.

Even my mother is keeping her distance. She looks upset. I wrapped the kimono around myself to cover this t-shirt that I thought would offend Reli. I wanted to get a rise out of him but I have been told to call him Your Highness. He's not happy. No one is.

I was relieved to make it to the room I was directed to. Once we were alone my mother closed the door.

"What the hell were you thinking? Whose t-shirt is that? Did you sleep with him?"

I want to say yes and give a sizzling story about the details but I won't. I can't get a rise out of these people I have worried and upset.

"Mother, if she did, is the wedding off? It's not like the Prince is a virgin-"

"Shut your mouth! We are in their home and we will behave ourselves!" She reprimanded Ellie.

"He won't even know!"

"He will." My mother countered. "Thalia, look at me. Did you sleep with Xanth?"

"No mother, I didn't get a chance to."

She sighed in relief.

"Damn it! No drama?" Ellie has gotten more openly defiant. Is it the absence of mother in her life? If the situation wasn't so dire I would be laughing.

"Ellie, she's not marrying just any nobility. We are talking about the crown prince! He will be king and he doesn't need a bratty little child making him look bad!" Nia argued.

We rarely agree but this makes much sense.

I'm not bratty and I'm not childish but my defiance has definitely defined me so. "I apologize for causing you this much worry mother. Don't worry, my curiosity over Xanth Hanniel has been extinguished."

It was curiosity but mother wouldn't want to hear it was love. That should be the term here henceforth. What is the point of loving a man who betrays me for the crown? I would betray the crown for him. This is painfully disappointing.

"Good. What you have is a privilege. Don't waste it because of your infatuation over General Hanniel's son. This is the Prince we are talking about!"

"He's a man. Come on mother! He shits like the rest of us!" Ellie flung her arms in the air.

Mother's jaw almost dropped to the floor. Yes, she has become unhinged especially in the brain to mouth filter section.

"Get out!" My mother told her. "Take your foul mouth back to Saine Neane!"

"You don't own this palace. You can't kick me out!" She challenged mother.

This has never happened before. She flipped her long curly black hair. My mother stared on completely helpless. I slipped my hand into hers. "Can you help me clean up? When the Prince comes in later I want to look decent."

She agreed to. I left my sister's arguing. That isn't new.

"I don't need your help. I'm sure servants will be assigned to do this. I just wanted to be alone with you to tell you how sorry I am for the trouble I have caused and the shame I have brought to this family. I am genuinely in love with Xanth but he doesn't feel the same way. He gave me up as soon as he was told that the Prince wants me back. I know what I must do and I will not shame you anymore."

She cupped my face. "If you don't want to marry him, I can't force you but there will be consequences. I don't know which ones but they won't be good Thalia. If you don't want to marry the Prince, it's okay. I love you more than I would want you to be part of the Royal Family. So tell me right now so that I take you home with me. Do you want to marry the Prince?"

No! Take me home please! We will fight the consequences together!

That is selfishness talking right there.

"He chose me and he did it without knowing the other 19. I will not take that for granted. The second highest power in Chea Niva wants me beside him. Besides, I want Daa Haan to be on the map once again for giving this kingdom a Queen like it gave Queen Lenaya." I smiled slightly but it faded fast. "I mean it when I say I'm taking responsibility. I love you too much to let you pay for my decisions."

She covered her face. She shed a few tears before she rapidly composed herself. She wrapped her arms around me. "I love you too little one. My final daughter. The Rose Palace will be so empty without you."

Now that made me cry.

Ellie and Nia came in and Ellie is crying too. "I'm so sorry mom. I'm hormonal." She wept.

"Not a period." Nia shook her head. "The other kind."

"You're pregnant! I'll have a grandchild!"

"I'll be an aunt! How fun!" Nia doesn't mean it. She doesn't like children.

I badly wanted Xanth to get me pregnant. I'm glad he didn't touch me. I had not thought that through. Ellie pregnant? No! Ellie a mother? Even more unbelievable.

"Ladies!" The Queen Mother's voice arrested our presence "Did someone die?"

"No." My mom wiped her tears and Ellie's as well. "She's pregnant."

"Thalia are you pregnant? Is it Reli's?" She questioned me with a horrified face.

"No Queen Mother. Not Thalia. Ellie."

"Oh." She sighed unenthusiastically. "Congratulations. I want to be left alone with her. The three of you can wait in the guest reception. You will be served as rooms are prepared for you to spend the night. Now out. Shoo!" She is literally pushing them out of the bathroom.

She closed the door and narrowed her eyes at me. "Your Majesty I apologize."

"Did you sleep with him?"

"Reli?"

"No. You're boyfriend."

"No."

"Nothing happened? No kissing, no touching?" She questioned. I looked away. I heard her curse. "You need to be honest with Reli. Should he not want you anymore you will be dismissed and you can go home with the stench of dishonor and shame following you."

She opened the bathroom door. The servants came in. Two of them I don't know but one of them is Fay. She offered me a small smile but because of Queen Mother's glare I didn't dare return it.

"Clean her up, make her presentable to have dinner with the prince."

"Yes Your Majesty!" They all curtsied. I curtsied too as she left.

But my concern for Xanth troubles me. Will he be punished?

"Queen Mother!" I followed her.

"What is it?"

"He didn't know about the Prince chose me. I lied to him. As soon as he found out he gave me up to the Royal Guard. He hasn't done anything wrong. Please, pardon him."

"That is up to the Prince. My only business is to make sure you at least learn some decency before you shame yourself any further." She picked her kimono, draped it over her arm. "What you have is a golden opportunity. Take it or don't. But don't toy with my grandson's emotions or I will slay you where you stand."

I have upset The Prince and the Queen Mother. This needs to be rectified with haste if I'm to survive in this palace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 113 27
„Harper? „Harper?" „Harper?" ☼♚☼♚☼♚
228 132 21
The first part is an introduction. Read that to learn more about this story! Tysm for checking out my book! This story has: swearing death violence
165 44 9
Tales of Heart