Midnight • (Zayn Malik)

By malikstasy

Luna [loo-nuh] noun 1. A completely unordinary girl who enjoys drawing, the absence of color, records, and a... More

midnight
black nail polish
spray paint and cigarettes
bands
moonlit walks
counter number five
new kid
an encounter
pale skin and ukuleles
beach bums
last name
shake on it
haircuts and mix cd's
boyanotrophicophobia
hair dye
valentine's dates
color
friends
namasté
misfits
mon univers
spring break: arrival in London
spring break: exploring London
spring break: lost in London
spring break: lost in London pt. 2
spring break: arrival in Normandy
spring break: art in Normandy
spring break: arrival in Paris
spring break: ville de l'amour
spring break: coming home
problems and piercings
late night thoughts
"hang out"
oops
weights lifted
robbers
yellow
kickflip
the incident
the incident pt. 2
new phase
the thing
sober
bloody knuckles
tent
roller coasters
cough syrup
smoke
art alley
the city : epilogue
a brief kiss hello again

spring break: Doncaster

1.6K 48 39
By malikstasy

It was pretty early in the morning when I woke up and I didn't know if that was because of the jet lag or the fact that I was so far away from home, sleeping in an unfamiliar place. Whatever the reason, it was barely a quarter past six and I was wide awake, staring at the ceiling while Violet lay on her side still sleeping softly. I decided after about fifteen minutes mindlessly scrolling on my phone that I wasn't going back to sleep any time soon and that I might as well get up and get ready for the day. I supposed a plus to being up before everyone else was that I wouldn't have to share the bathroom.

Slowly and carefully I inched my way out of the extremely luxurious bed trying my best not to wake Violet, and tip toed to my suitcase before I decided to just drag the huge piece of luggage into the bathroom so I wouldn't be loud rummaging through it. I rolled the heavy suitcase into the lavish bathroom and closed the door as quietly as I could before flicking the bright, sparkling lights on. The bathroom was absolutely gorgeous and I know that I'm used to an expensive, spacious bathroom, but this one had a whole different feel that made me appreciate the wealth put into it. It had more of a traditional, elegant feel to it, the space decorated to perfection and presented itself to you with grace. Plus the black and white checkered tile floor was killer. It was royal and dramatic and just everything the stuck-up, modernized version of "rich" back in Florida wasn't.

I took my time undressing myself and turned on the fancy shower before I brought my shower products into the tiled space. From where I was behind the crystal clear glass shower doors I could see a small draped window that overlooked the city, I was sure. I could only see a sliver of the outdoors and saw that it was not only pitch black, but that there were fat raindrops trailing down the glass lazily. I loved London so much already and I hadn't even been here twenty four hours yet. I let the smooth, warm water run down my back and I soaked up the excessive steam pouring out with the heat. I was still too tired and hungry to really have a lot of energy within me at the moment, but once I started thinking about the adventures that lie ahead here in London and the other places we would visit, my mind started buzzing and I couldn't wipe my smile away even if I tried.

After I finished washing and grooming myself, I reluctantly turned the shower off and walked out to wrap towels around myself. I sat on a simply upholstered bench beside the small bathroom window to wait for my hair to dry a little. Reaching my fingers up to the window, I pulled the drapes aside slightly to look out at the rainy morning beyond the hotel suite. It was a lot quieter out here, not as many cars driving at ridiculous hours of the day and although there were still city lights, they seemed to glow rather than glare at you. The slow rain made the streets glisten below and reflect everything above it. If I squinted I could see the ripples of the Thames river and a ring of bright lights that was the London Eye. I sighed at the view knowing we were to visit there later today or tomorrow, I wasn't completely certain since Violet had the entire schedule.

Pulling myself away from the window and the dreamy view, I took my hair out of my towel and started getting ready. I dressed myself in a black sweater with a frilly white Peter Pan collar that had a cute white satin bow, a black leather skirt, sheer black tights and my shiny Jeffery Campbell boots that matched Monte's pair. It felt so good to wear long sleeves and tights again because I hardly ever got to do that back home. Along with my outfit I put on some dark burgundy lipstick that Violet had bought me for my birthday one year and demanded I would wear it on this trip, then gave myself some thick winged eyeliner. I was getting more comfortable with colors (dark ones, nothing too crazy) and I couldn't really explain why. It could've been the fact that I was in a completely new place, with completely new people and far away from everything I hated back in Florida. I wasn't sure, but whatever the reason, the slight change within myself made breathing come a little bit easier.

I was pinning a small section of my white waves behind my head when I heard a soft knock at the bathroom door.

"Luna?" A groggy voice sounded through the cracks of the door before it was opened all of the way.

A bed-headed Violet sat tiredly in the door frame, arms crossed, shirt dysfunctional on her body and eyes squinted at me from the bright lights.

"Morning 'lil flower," I smiled sweetly at her before I went back to pinning my hair in place.

"Why the hell are you up so early? You hate being up early," she stated, eyebrows furrowed in confusion before rubbing her eyes.

I shrugged in the mirror at her, "I'm excited, I guess. I don't know."

She smiled sleepily, nodding slightly in agreement, "Yeah, me too. I like it here."

"I'm almost done in here. You can start getting ready if you want," I offered.

She nodded, "Yeah I will. When's breakfast?"

I laughed, "Well since I'm sure we'll be ready before the boys are it will depend on when they're done."

Violet's face stiffened and her eyes narrowed, "Those jackasses better get ready fast or they are going to seriously regret making me wait for food."

My eyes widened slightly and I raised my brows at her, "Damn."

She looked up at my response and smiled slightly, "Alright, I'll go get my shower shit and then deal with the boys later."

True to her word, I watched her shuffle slowly out of the bathroom to go retrieve her "shower shit" as I finished up my hair. The other two woke up shortly after Violet got into the shower and joined in the process of getting ready for the day. Music played softly from Monte's phone as we all walked around the hotel room, grabbing things we needed and organizing our possessions as we went. It was one of the most calming environments and it had me seriously contemplating permanently moving here. The rain dripping quietly outside, gentle light coming into the room but mostly dark, soft rustling and footsteps from everyone and the music- just everything was such a nice contrast to life back home. And I suppose it had a little to do with the fact that parents weren't here and my friends were surrounding me, but that didn't make me love it any less.

At around eight in the morning everyone on the right hotel room was ready and dressed to impress. Violet had on a cream dress with quarter sleeves and lace detailing, some heeled booties with thicker socks and her hair up in a cute, girly top knot. I could never pull off the bun look as well as her. My hair always flopped to the side and fell out in a bunch of different places. Sienna on the other hand wore a long sleeve black maxi dress with tall laced up heels and a purple rose flower crown that made her wavy blonde hair look even more carefree. If I thought I couldn't pull off Violet's style, I definitely couldn't pull off Sienna's. As for Monte, he was dressed in rusty red skinny jeans rolled at the ankles, brown oxfords and a light jean button up with the sleeves rolled to perfection. He had a sweater tied around his waist and his curly cues added to the whole effect and honestly I don't think you could get much cuter than Monte Blanc.

"Okay that was the loudest growl of my stomach thus far. Those boys better say their prayers if they don't listen when I tell them to get up," Violet announced, walking towards the door as she said this.

I shook my head at her fiery attitude and followed out of our hotel door after Monte and Sienna. As Violet mentioned it, my stomach started to growl too and all I could think about was something buttery and warm on a heaping plate of breakfast food. Violet shoved the room key into the slot on the door and burst into the room. Inside, Lucky, Louis and Liam were all sleeping soundly on the beds, curled up inside the ornate duvets with their faces happily smooshed into their pillows.

Violet strode into the room with determined steps and picked up a decorative pillow that had been tossed carelessly to the ground. My eyes widened as she started to beat the three of them with it.

"Get-" beat, "your-," whack, "stupid-," slam, "lazy-," smack, "asses-," smash, "out of bed!" she yelled as she swung the pillow around.

Lucky reached up and grabbed her arm before she could deliver another blow, ripped the pillow out of her hand and threw it into her face. She sat there stunned while Lucky hadn't even opened his eyes yet and snuggled back into his pillow.

She pressed her lips into a thin line and cracked her knuckles. I watched her disappear into the bathroom and come back out with a cup of water. She made her way calmly to where Lucky was already snoring softly again and smiled deviously as she poured the contents of the glass onto his face, drenching his matted platinum hair into a flat blonde mess. He bolted up right and wiped his eyes before narrowing them at her. She ran and just barely missed Lucky's attempt to grab her and dashed out of the room. Lucky threw the covers off hastily and bolted after her, clad in only a light blue and white striped pair of boxers. I snorted at the two of them and the looks on Sienna and Monte's face.

"Hey boys, breakfast in ten," I called to the lumps that started to stir in their beds.

"M'kay," I heard a raspy voice that sounded like Louis' and turned away after setting my phone for ten minutes. I may not be as crazy, but I was just as eager to eat as Violet was.

After Violet was tickled to death and the other two boys finished getting ready we just decided it would be easier to do the In-Room Dining option. We sat around in the boy's room just talking and enjoying our time together until our food was brought to us in steaming heaps beneath silver covers and trays. I handled the payment while Louis and Lucky sat the trays down on the beds and the floor so we could all just pick from the trays. There was a wide selection of fruit with candied ginger and everything ranging from eggs Benedict and pastries to smoked salmon. I definitely felt like royalty just then. Our conversation picked up right where we left off, just with a little more repeated phrases after trying to say stuff with food shoved in our mouths. We were all about to burst, leaving no leftovers and aching bellies by the time we all finished.

I lay back on the plush bed, rubbing my food baby, "So what's on the schedule for today?"

"Well..." Violet started, "looks like today we're visiting Louis' family in Doncaster and then coming back at like four forty-five ish- I mean sixteen forty-five- for the London eye/ River Thames cruise thingy. After that we could go have dinner or something."

I sighed contently, "Sounds good to me."

"How come they don't have night cruises? The lights would've been so pretty on the river," I heard Sienna's frown through her voice.

"Yeah that's what I thought too but they only have night ones for special occasions," I explained.

She snorted, "Bitch we are a special occasion!"

"True!" Violet dragged out and we all laughed. She was kidding of course. We all knew were were American scum. Besides Louis and Monte I mean.

"It takes about three hours to get to Doncaster so we best leave pretty soon," Violet suggested lightly and I nodded in agreement, heaving myself up to go get my purse.

"Or we could just take the public transit. Get's us there in half the time. Like about two hours. So not half but," Louis rambled.

"Let's do that then. See it's nineish right now so we'll get there elevenish, stay for lunch and stuff and then come back?" I questioned to make sure that was right.

"Sounds good," Louis confirmed, smiling a little probably at the thought of seeing his family again.

And with that we all moved to get our stuff and walk to King's Cross.

Us Americans were all amazed by the tall glass paneled ceiling of King's Cross Train Station. It made me feel small in such a grand station and city, which I liked, a lot. Violet and Lucky pranced around like the little fairies they were ahead of the rest of us walking through the vast station to where our train would arrive. Louis was telling Monte how excited he was to introduce his family to him and the rest of us as they walked beside Sienna and Liam who were holding hands contently with thoughtful smiles upon both of their faces. When the rest of us caught up to Violet and Lucky they were both sitting on the ground by Platform 1 even though there was a bench literally five feet away from them. That was just Violet and Lucky I guess. She was leaning into him making faces and laughing as he made faced back into her Polaroid camera lens. She took the picture from the camera and shook it a bit before tapping it on Lucky's head, earning a loving smile back at her. And so the photographic adventure of Violet and the misfits in Europe began.

We had arrived early so that we wouldn't miss the train, so we had some down time until it arrived. I checked my phone for any notifications. There were none except for a text from my mom. I sighed and shoved the device back into my black fringe purse, though I didn't really know what I was sighing for.

The train finally arrived and our faces lit up like the bright headlights, excited to be here and travel around. We happily boarded the extensive train one by one and tried to find seats that were, for the most part, together. Since we were one of the first groups to board the train, we had no trouble finding empty seats. We all settled in next to each other for the long train ride we were about to endure, smiling like little chicks all in a row. I was on the end near the door of our small section of train. I had never been on a train and I know it was about as exciting as flying on a plane for the first time (not very exciting) but being immersed in a completely different country just changed the entire experience. I couldn't get over that fact.

After waiting a while for the rest of the travelers to file into the seats, the train hummed with movement beneath our feet and we started rolling out of the station's tunnel. I smiled giddily out of the window across from me and squinted my eyes as the blinding light from the overcast sky filled the interior of the train. I looked down the line at the other six of my friends and smiled at their facial expressions that matched my own.

"Train selfie! Monte! Turn around," Violet demanded as she held her Polaroid out in front of her to get the seven of us all in the picture.

I had to lean a bit to the side of Louis so that I could be in it and smiled just as she snapped the picture. She shook it out in front of her and blew on it for a little bit. Once the colors had enough time to develop, she held it out for all of us to lean in and look at.

"Look at that fire gene pool. We all got pretty Lucky, amirite?" Lucky joked and received plenty of unimpressed stares from us and other passengers, who didn't even get the "joke."

"You're Lucky you're really hot," Violet mumbled and had the rest of us trying not to laugh while I attempted to cover up my snort.

A comfortable silence fell upon our little group after that. Each of us just enjoying the other's company and watching out of the big train windows. There were quiet conversations every once in a while but, for the most part, just quiet. I got my phone out to check it again to see that I had one notification and an involuntary grin spread across my face when I saw it was a snapchat from zed-lepplin. I turned the dimness down on my phone and turned the screen towards me so that no one could look over at what I was doing. I held my finger down and a picture of Zain with another guy that looked a lot like him (his cousin maybe) appeared beneath the pad of my thumb. It took me a few seconds but when I looked closer at Zain's face I saw a tiny sparkle in the corner of his nose.

He did not...

I replayed the snap, quickly, just to make sure.

He did.

Ohmygod.

And he pulled it off so well.

Fuck.

I held the screen up and made a surprised face, scrunching my dark eyebrows together and captioned it "is that real?!" I waited impatiently for him to reply as I watched out of the bus window at the damp city blurring by. My phone lit up again and I quickly slid my finger across the glass screen to view his snap. It was a picture of his face close up so that I could see the stud on the side of his nose better and he captioned it "real as I am ;)" I shook my head and instantly wiped the smile off of my face before anyone saw. I watched the small smirk at the bottom of the screen until the snap disappeared. I fixed my hair before I held my phone out and crossed my eyes together in a stupid face I made often and captioned it "im next."

I bit my lip to keep from smiling at the thought of getting my nose pierced. I didn't know I wanted to get it done until now. I was just glad no one asked who I was snapchatting because I really didn't have any other friends besides them and I didn't want to explain to Violet or anyone else that I was actually friends with Zain. I hadn't fessed up to it before and I wasn't really ready to now, especially when I can't even believe we're actually friends now. It was still a new feeling.

After a few minutes Zain replied with a photo of him and presumably his cousin, holding thumbs up at me with the caption "you got it dude!" I laughed at the Full House reference and set my phone down, knowing we would be in Doncaster soon. It was nice to see Zain with his family and how he acted around them. It was only a small glimpse of it, but I could definitely tell there was a softer side to him, when I looked at this instant and how he was with his mum. I wanted to get to know that side. Since, I mean, the side I knew was kind of annoying, full of himself, a bit asshole-ish and rude. Why was I friends with him again? Sighing in confusion, I rested my head on Louis' shoulder and closed my eyes for the remainder of the train ride.

I woke up to Louis gently nudging me and informing me that this was our stop. Stretching my arms out a bit, I yawned before I got up and went to walk out of the train door. Once we had all filed out and made sure we were all here, we waited for Louis to call his mum so that we knew which door at the station to exit from. Louis put his phone back into his pocket and directed us towards the door that was on the other side of where we were.

"Are you excited to see your family again Louis?" I asked, knowing he was but just wanting to see his face light up.

"Massively. I haven't seen them in what feels like an absolute lifetime. Especially little Daisy and Phoebe. Those two are a real hoot. And the other twins of course. All of them really," He blabbered excitedly and smiled brightly as he walked a bit faster than the rest of us to where his mum was pulled up on the curb.

I smiled back and laughed a little as I walked faster to keep up with him.

A black car with plenty of room for the lot of us was parked outside of the door that Louis practically burst out of and within a few seconds, two little girls were scrambling out of the car and bolting towards Louis. They both tried to jump up into his arms but since he only managed to catch one of them, the other girl opted to squeeze the life out of his stomach instead. He laughed as they clung to them and he hugged them back tightly.

"Hi girls. Lovely to see you again," He told them softly and I swear I could see a tear escape from his eyes even though his face was squished into the girl he was holding.

"Louis I've got loads to show you when we get home! I've even got a painting I did! I want to give it to you, I worked ages getting it just right," the girl he held on his hip gushed.

"I've got stuff to show you too! And Daisy and I are doing the talent show at primary! Will you be here to watch? And mum says we might get a pup!" the other rambled on after her.

He laughed at the talkative two, "We'll do our catching up on the way home, how 'bout? We've got time. There's not a rush," He smiled at them and set Daisy (I concluded) down.

The window on the passenger side (I was still getting used to opposite driver's side) had been rolled down, "They hadn't stopped talking about you since we got in the car," Louis' mum smiled at the two.

"C'mon gang!" Louis announced happily and waved his hand at us to get in the car.

Once we all piled in Louis introduced us all to his mum.

"I've heard lovely things about you all. Thank you for taking such care of Louis. He's a bit of a trouble maker, I know," his mum (Johannah) smiled at us in the rear view mirror.

"We've kept him in pretty good shape I would say," Lucky joked from his seat in the back between Daisy and Phoebe. They asked him ever-so-nicely if they could sit with him and smiled giddily at him since he sat down.

"Careful with those two. They quite fancy Louis' blonde mate back home," Louis' mum warned.

"They think he's sooo fit they just want to comb through his blonde locks all the days," Louis teased, causing the twin girls to stick their tongues out at him.

"Niall is mine. Phoebe can have him if she'd like," Daisy offered generously.

"Violet, what do you have to say about this?" Lucky raised his brow as he cuddled closer to Phoebe.

She snorted and shook her head, "He's all yours girly."

Phoebe laughed and gave Lucky a quick peck on his cheek.

"Cheeky girl that one is," Louis smiled at her.

"No cheekier than you Louis!" she fired back, a wide grin spread across her face.

A chorus of "Oh's!" went around the car and Louis laughed, "You got me there. I take it everyone else is at home waiting for me with a feast of sorts?" Louis joked.

"Very funny Lou. You'll be helping out with that if it's a feast you want," Louis' mum shook her head and smiled.

"Fair enough," he smiled back at her and was quiet before another thought dawned on him, "Mum is Niall around actually? It would be nice to pay him a small visit while I'm here."

"No, love, I'm afraid not. He went to go visit his grandmum Mullingar for St. Patrick's day coming up," his mom told him apologetically.

"That's alright," Louis smiled understandingly, "tell him I stopped by when he gets back, yeah?"

"Of course," she smiled warmly and the conversations started up again soon after.

There was so much laughter and happiness in the air, it was impossible not to laugh along. I could tell Louis and his family were really close and it was nice to see him smiling so much. I knew he missed them greatly and was glad I was able to bring him here to visit.

It wasn't long before we arrived at Louis' house. It was a humble little house made of brick that stood with a bit of charm against the cloudy grey sky and bright green grass. I watched him grin from ear to ear when he spotted the Welcome Home Louis!! sign held up in his driveway. I wasn't even sure the car came to a complete stop before Louis hopped out of the door. He ran up to his other two sisters and squished them close to him.

"Look at you two. Absolutely gorgeous young women. What did I tell you about growing up while I was away, eh?" he joked as he pulled away from them.

They giggled and told Louis how much they missed him and babbled in a slightly more mature fashion than Phoebe and Daisy did. He then went over to his step dad who was holding one infant in one arm and holding the other little boy's hand.

"And look at you two! You've gotten so big. Ernest y- you're walking," he stated in disbelief, "I've missed his first steps..."

My heart sank a little at his words with the realization that he was miles away from home and missing out on so much here. Seeing him here surrounded by all of his siblings and family that loved him so much made me wish so much that I had that. Made me wish that what almost was, actually happened. I pushed the dark thoughts away though, trying to ignore the ache in my chest.

"It's alright now, Lou. Your mum missed them as well," his step dad assured him.

Louis took a deep breath before his smile returned and bent down to Ernest's level, "C'mere big boy, have you missed your best mate?" he asked the chubby boy that was clinging to his father's hand for balance.

Ernest wobbled a bit towards Louis before he snatched him up and held his baby brother on his hip.

"Let's head inside gang, it's a bit nippy out here," Louis commented and headed for his front door.

After we all filed into Louis' cozy home, introductions were made and we all just sat around in his living room playing with the twins. The boy twin, Ernest, could stand and wobble a few steps while the girl, Doris, crawled around rapidly to chase after him. I loved that there were two sets of twins in Louis' large family, it was so unlike any other ordinary family. Or lack thereof, in my case. Louis got caught up with each member and I don't think I ever stopped smiling the entire time they all talked with each other. The rest of us, besides Monte, were just sitting back and relaxing, letting Louis do his thing and adding bits to the conversation, but mostly just enjoying the family lovin' in the atmosphere.

"We're so glad you were able to bring Monte with you," Johannah mentioned, "it's good to finally put a face with the name."

"Oh okay, so you told them all about Monte and none of us. I see how it is," Lucky teased.

"Yeah, you told us all about Monte and not him," Phoebe agreed, plopping herself right next to Lucky on the couch with folded arms.

Louis laughed and was about to answer when Violet started talking.

"Wait, so, your family knows you're-"

"Oh yeah. Told them a while back," Louis cut in nonchalantly.

"How come you kept it a secret when you transferred to Florida?" she asked curiously, despite the obvious glares I was giving her to shut the frick up.

"It wasn't intentional at first, I suppose. The longer I was there, though, it felt like before when I held who I was inside. It was pretty rough, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait near as long to come out," Louis explained, in a calm manner, just walking around with Ernest's small hands wrapped tightly around his pointer fingers.

"I'm glad he came out when he did. I was just hitting my disastrously awkward phase at twelve, mixing plaids with neons and stuff like that, and he saved me from it," Charlotte, or as she goes by, Lottie, shared her thoughts with an amused smile.

"I definitely remember that phase. Saved that girl big time," Louis agreed.

"That sounds worse than my turtle neck phase," Lucky added.

"Had one of those too, unfortunately," Lottie admitted.

"My kind of girl," Lucky fist-bumped her. He had to give Phoebe one too before she got jealous.

The room settled into a comfortable quietness with people talking here and there while everyone kind of got to know everyone in separate conversations. Sienna and Liam played with Ernest and Doris, Lucky talked to Phoebe, Violet talked to Daisy and Louis, Monte and Lottie were having their own conversation about fashion and her latest drama while Dan and Johannah prepared lunch. I talked with Félicité, or Fizzy (I absolutely adored her nickname) about her love of painting, like her brother, and came to find that she reminded me a lot of myself. Or, I guess, what I used to be like with my long brown hair and obsession with Tim Burton movies. That's where all of the weird started- the movies I mean- we concluded. She told me she loved my white/silvery hair and that she might dye hers some crazy color too. I didn't want to say how white wasn't really a color because I was enjoying our conversation too much. She was pretty mature for a fifteen year old and I really admired that.

"Lunch is ready! Tea is on the table so help yourself to anything you like," Louis' step dad, Dan, announced, giving his hands a clap when he walked into the crowded living room.

We all tried to squish ourselves into Louis' dining area but some of us just ended up eating in the kitchen that was openly connected to the small room. Louis, Monte, Dan, Johannah and I all ate at on the bar/counter-top, watching the rest of everyone else get settled in.

"Louis look at the teacup I made in pottery!" Daisy ran up to him, holding out the slightly lopsided ceramic cup for him to look at.

"Brilliant! You know I made one similar to this in primary, only mine was complete rubbish. I was always pretty rotten at sculpture. Phoebs, would you do me a favor and get my awful cup from the cupboard behind you?" Louis asked politely.

Phoebe did as he asked and brought the blue cup over to him.

"See, look here. Cracks, everywhere. Truly a disgrace," he shook his head back and forth, studying his teacup.

"At least you can paint well," Monte shrugged.

Louis shook his head and bumped his shoulder against Monte's, "Thanks for that."

I looked around the dining room, watching the girls put sugar- a lot of sugar- in their tea and eating the sandwiches with soup Dan made for lunch. They were all so painstakingly British and I was so irrevocably in love.

The remainder of our afternoon at the Tomlinson house was spent laughing and sharing embarrassing stories about each other because nothing bonded people together like telling how Louis split his soccer- er football- shorts in a big match. I won't talk about how hilarious the video was (I ended up spitting soup on myself) because after all of that, he still made the winning shot.

"Wait before we go. Luna will you take a picture of my lil' flower and I?" Violet asked, handing her Polaroid to me.

I stepped back and waited for Violet and Daisy to get situated before I took the picture. As I did I realized that, oh, hey, Violet and Daisy are two types of flowers. Cute.

"Why don't we take a group picture?" Louis suggested.

"Yeah, but who will take it?" I asked, not wanting to leave anyone out.

"I don't mind," Dan smiled and so I handed Violet's Polaroid to him.

It took awhile for everyone to get together so that everyone was in the frame and smiling.

"Alright everybody. One, two, three, say we love Louis!" Dan smiled as he focused on taking the picture.

"We love Louis!" We all repeated with wide grins and bubbling laughter. I mean, I guess he wasn't half bad.

"Hug time!" Louis shouted excitedly before he dived in the sea of family to deliver personalized squeezes.

The rest of us gave hugs because, oddly enough, none of us felt uncomfortable or awkward. It was easy to settle in and feel like you were part of the family.

We started piling into Johannah's car after getting in our last few good-bye waves. It was sad to know that we wouldn't be visiting here again any time soon. I watched Louis wave good-bye to the little ones, smooshing their chubby cheeks some, and another hug for the four of his sisters. It nearly busted my heart into as I watched Louis give his mum a hug in the middle of the doorway. I could hear the lump in her throat she was trying to talk over as she embraced him, tears welling up in her eyes and soaking Louis' shirt.

"Love you too mum... promise I'll be back before you know it," Louis' voice could be heard faintly from the car.

I got in the car then, wanting to give them a few more minutes to themselves and sat patiently with the rest of us. Dan hopped in the driver's seat and Louis soon joined us. We rolled the windows down to wave to the girls, plus Ernest, as we drove back to the train station.

AN

lol hey it's been a while so I wrote a longer ch. yes i realize that his siblings wouldn't be the age they are now if louis was a junior in highschool (making him a year apart from lottie) but hey yolo just go w it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736 22 18
Cassie Carroll is a normal girl who moved to London recently. She finds someone who she was treated horribly by, but he's famous. She finds a way to...
13.1K 294 51
Sky is a girl that well you got to know her and if you do from that moment on your life will change. But when one direction hangs out with her and tw...
10.6K 307 14
@LillianBoggart thank you for the prompt! Harry is 17 in school and Louis is 21 and an aspiring writer Harry and Louis have been dating for a year b...
7.7K 110 30
Nicole is just an ordinary 18 year girl who hosts a radio show in london she totally hates OneDirection. But something ironic happens. She starts bec...