Silence

By ohdearenisdc

Part 1 {Silence} COMPLETED Part 2 {Noise} COMPLETED Part 3 {Continuation} ONGOING- (SEPERATE BOOK) Aspen Orin... More

{Updated} A/N and Characters
{1} Silence
{2} Quiet
{3} Peace
{4} Stillness
{5} Lull
{6} Serenity
{7} Hushed
{8} Tranquility
{9} Solitude
{10} Rest
{11} Muffled
{12} Shush
{13} Mute
{14} Unheard
{15} Inaudible
{16} Soothe
{17} Speechless
{18} Placid
{19} Gentle
{20} Lonely
{21} Unclear
{22} Low
{23} Soundless
{24} Reserved
{25} Secretive
{26} Reticent
{27} Sedate
{28} Composure
{29} Whist
{30} Incoherent
{31} Equanimity
{32} Faint
{33} Stifled
{34} Hazy
{35} Dull
{36} Feeble
{37} Vague
{38} Faltering
{39} Hesitance
{40} The Final Silence
Character Q&A
{1.2} Noise
{2.2} Loud
{3.2} Crash
{4.2} Piercing
{5.2} Ringing
{6.2} Enhanced
{7.2} Screech
{9.2} Echo
{10.2} Boom
{11.2} Commotion
{12.2} Unruly
{13.2} Deep
{14.2} Ruckus
{15.2} Yell
{16.2} Deafening
{17.2} Static
{18.2} Shrill
{19.2} Emphatic
{20.5} Language
{21.5} Snap
{22.2} Powerful
{23.2} Cry
{24.2} Uproarious
{25.2} Melody
{26.2} Blare
{27.2} Scream
{28.2} Thundering
{29.2} The Final Noise
Epilogue
{Bonus 1} Love
AUTHORS NOTE :)

{8.2} Whistle

9.2K 348 199
By ohdearenisdc

{Aspen's POV}

"Imagine my surprise when I got that call saying you were in fact alive, Mr. Karieo. And in Canada nonetheless." The young man holding a gun to Balor's head says, pressing the gun further into Balor's head.

"Life is full of surprises." Balor replies dryly.

"Indeed it is. The story continues though. During said call, I'm offered a million dollars just for that pretty little head of yours." The man taps his gun against Balor's head, "Bonus points if I get you there alive."

Balor's face drops as he glances back at the man.

"A million f*cking dollars? That's all I'm worth?" He says, his tone clearly offended.

"I found the reward a bit high." The man comments.

"F*ck you Oslo."

Balor knows these people?

"How about you and the girl get out of the car and come into ours. Everything could go smoothly so no one gets hurt." The man named Oslo suggests, making Balor chuckle.

The boy who I forgot was right beside me for a moment, suddenly clicks my seatbelt off. Balor's face drops as he looks at the boy and puts his finger on the trigger, Daring him to make another move. This boy is way to close for comfort.

"Calm down Balor, you're not in control here. Let Finn help the girl, she's clearly injured."

Injured? Me? Where?

I bring my hand to my face and feel around. I feel something wet on the side and bring my hand down to look at it.

Blood.

I didn't know I got hit this bad.

"And who's f*cking fault is that?" Balor asks.

"Yours, now come on, let's not linger any longer. People will start to get suspicious, yes?" Oslo says.

"Your delusional if you think we're going with you Oslo." Balor says.

"Always so defiant." Oslo clicks his tongue. "Finn, help the girl out, we must go now."

"Finn, touch her and you get a bullet to the brain." Balor says.

"You wont shoot me Balor." Finn finally speaks, his voice is deep.

"Want to test it Finny?" Balor asks.

They all seem to be having a great conversation. Do you think they would notice if I just quickly left? I don't think I'm needed here.

Getting tired of the banter, I slowly bring my hand behind my back, making sure the boys aren't noticing. I grip the gun in my waistband, waiting for the right moment to move.

"Get out of the car Balor." Oslo demands.

"Nah." Balor replies.

"I'm done with your sh*t." Oslo says as he moves the gun from Balor's head and points it at mine.

Lovely.

"Get out of the car Balor." Oslo repeats.

Balor looks towards me and gives me a look.

What that look meant, I have no freaking clue.

As I've said before, I don't understand their mafia code.

Balor puts the gun down slowly and turns around. Oslo moves slightly, giving Balor room to get out. Balor then leaves the car.

The boy they all called Finn puts his hand on my shoulder. I flinch away and turn to face him.

"I can get out myself." I tell him.

He backs away slightly, raising his hands in the air.

I lift my hand off my gun and scoot off the seat and out of the car. I wobble a bit, making Finn try to come forward to steady me but I hold up my hand before he can get to me.

I look to the other side of the car where Oslo is subtly holding Balor at gunpoint. I turn to Finn. He holds his hand out and I raised my eyebrows at the gesture.

"Phone."

What do I do here?

I look at Balor who glances at me.

What the frick do these glances mean?

I slowly take my phone out of my pocket and place in in Finn's hand. He nods approvingly and puts my phone in his pocket.

"After you." Finn says, gesturing for me to start walking.

I hesitantly turn towards the vehicle. It's not in great repair from having been smashed against our car two times, but it looks drivable still.

The only reason I haven't shot this man yet is because we are in a public parking lot. Granted, it's quite large and we're in the back, people would hear the gunshot.

He nudges me forward and I shrug his hand away uncomfortably.

"Got it bro, don't touch me." I tell him, taking a step forward.

I look up at Balor again as I walk slowly. What's the plan here man? He looks at me, also walking to the car. He mouths 'get in' and I give him a confused look.

Are we really getting in this car?

I give him an 'are you sure' look and he nods towards the car.

I am so confused.

I make it to the door and Finn reaches forward and opens it for me. I give Balor one last look but he's already getting in the car.

I guess I should get ready for death.

I get in and Finn closes the door behind me. He then gets in the passenger seat and Oslo is in the driver's seat.

I turn to Balor who is already looking at me.

"What are we doing?!" I whisper.

"Trust me Aspen, they won't hurt us." He responds.

"Are you crazy or am I seeing things because that dude held a gun to both yours and my head!" I continue whispering.

"I know, just trust me." He replies, leaning back in his seat, resting his head against the head rest.

He has a little blood on the side of his face I didn't notice before. I can tell he's tired, I just hope he knows what he's doing.

Before we pull away, I try opening the door but it doesn't budge. Child lock. We're really stuck here and Balor is totally chill about it. I'm feeling strangely calm for some reason as well. I think Balor being so relaxed is making me relaxed.

At the same time, I'm having a full-blown panic attack. We might die, but no biggie right?

At least Balor's acting like it.

Oslo starts driving and I pick at my nails nervously. A bad habit I've picked up lately, but it keeps my hands busy.

I look back at Balor who has his head turned, looking through the rear windshield of the car. I turn to look at what he's looking at and see a black SUV. I get excited for a moment before realizing that it's not the kind of SUVs our family uses.

"Who is that?" I ask him quietly.

"Not us." He replies, turning back to face the front, "It's these dude's goons."

"Who are you calling goons?" Oslo asks.

"You, ass wipe." Balor replies.

"Disrespectful." Oslo shakes his head.

"What do you expect from me? Would you prefer me to sing praises to the man who is currently kidnapping myself and my little sister?" Balor scoffs.

"I'm doing you a favor Balor. There are many people after you. After the word got out that you were alive, everyone with power put money on your head. Especially Romy's gang.  You should be grateful I found you and not anyone else. It's truly interesting how many enemies you've made."

"Whatever." Balor says before focusing on the other person in the car, "Tell me Finny, what have you been up to lately?"

"Jack sh*t." He replies.

"You've always been such a simple man Finny. That's why I love you ya know?" Balor says, making me turn to him.

"Mhm" Finn hums.

Why is Balor acting so casual right now?

"Where we off to Oslo?" Balor asks.

"Taking you to our house until your buyer can pick you up." Oslo responds.

"Cool cool cool. So who's the buyer?" Balor asks.

"They wanted to be anonymous until they could see you for themselves." Oslo says.

We drive for about a half hour, where Oslo and Finn whisper to each other and I stare out the window nervously. Balor seems to have trouble simply staying awake. We finally pull into the driveway of a mansion.

He drives up to the door where he releases the child lock and we all step out of the car. Finn grabs my elbow and I try to pull away but he won't release his grip this time.

"Relax." He commands.

"Let go." I retort.

"I'd rather not." He says, glancing over me. I immediately rip my arm from His and walk towards the door myself.

Creep.

"Finny you trying to die?" Balor asks, being led to the door by Oslo.

Finn ignores him and walks in front of me, opening the door to the house. He walks in and I follow reluctantly. Balor is behind me with Oslo following, along with other people I'm assuming are their guards.

"You really haven't changed anything have you Oslo?" Balor asks distastefully, looking around.

"Nothing needs changing." Oslo replies dryly.

"Beg to differ." Balor mumbles but I think I was the only one that heard.

I have to agree with Balor. The architecture is quite problematic and there is no design or color. It's bland and boring if you ask me.

Why am I critiquing my kidnappers design abilities? Well I couldn't tell you.

I really have issues.

"Balor I'm sure you haven't forgot your room in the basement." Oslo comments, making Balor stop moving and his eyes widen.

"Hold up Oslo, look just lock us in the bathroom alright? There's no need for that." Balor says, slightly panicked.

He's making me anxious.

"Oh but Balor, where's the fun in that?" Oslo asks, smirking at Balor's reaction.

"Put me there, but not Aspen. She doesn't need to go there." Balor says, calming himself down.

"Interesting." Oslo draws out. "What if she goes down there, and you get locked in the bathroom?"

"F*ck Oslo listen to me! She's a kid! Don't do this man." Balor starts to lose control.

I don't know what's down there, But from Balor's reaction, I think I should start freaking out.

"Balor Balor Balor." Oslo says teasingly and continues, "You two." Oslo points to two guards, "Take the girl to room 3 downstairs and lock him up wherever there's room."

"F*CK OSLO DONT DO THIS!" Balor shouts as men start to surround him.

"Wait wait wait," I start to panic as men surround me as well, "Balor, Balor what's going on?!"

"Aspen, don't let them get to your head." Balor rushes out, "Don't even look, close your eyes before you get inside." Balor shouts as the men drag him and I in opposite directions, "F*CK, ASPEN JUST F*CKING FAINT!"

I panic as men lead me to a stairwell. I have no idea what to expect. From Balor's reaction, I don't even know.

We descend the stairs and immediately the light gets dim. There is an eerie atmosphere and dripping water sounds can be heard. It's like a dungeon you would read about in books.

The stairwell leads to a hallway where cells are seen on either side. As we get to the first one, I pause as I see a man, bleeding on the ground. He doesn't raise his head, but simply glances up at me. We make eye contact and he widens his eyes through his shaggy hair.

I'm pushed forward rather aggressively and continue walking slowly. I look around and all I see are men, some injured, some seem fine. But everyone I pass by, they all are surprised to see me.

Eventually, I arrive at an open cell with a 3 on the door. I'm pushed inside and barely catch myself before I fall. I turn around quickly, trying to see if I can block them from closing the door but the two guards are stronger than me. They lock it and give me a once over.

"Come find me if you get out here alive doll." The one says with a smirk.

"Over my dead f*cking body." I spit out.

"Such ugly words out of such a pretty mouth." He draws out.

"Leave her the f*ck alone Grif." A voice calls out, making the guard whip his head to the noise. "Touch her and you'll take my place here."

The guard, seemingly frustrated, gives me one more glance before walking away.

Now relatively alone, I look around the cell and see various drawings and carvings all around. Before I can inspect further, the same voice calls out.

"Are you okay girl?"

"Yeah what the f*ck are you doing down here?" Another person says.

"There has never been a girl here." Another adds.

"Shut the f*ck up and let her speak." The first voice demands, making everyone go silent.

"I'm fine." I say as confidently as possible, but my voice comes out much more shaky than I had hoped.

"What are you doing down here?" Someone asks.

"I- I don't know. They brought me to this house and brought me down here." I reply.

"It can't be for no reason. Why?" Another voice asks.

"Who are you all?" I ask, not trusting these men.

"Unfortunate souls at the wrong place at the wrong time, deary. I'm Xan, right next to you." I glance to my left where the voice came from. There is a cinderblock wall blocking my view so I can't see him.

"I'm Windermere, known as Wind." A voice says, it's the person directly across from me.

I walk to the front of the cell where a man is standing, looking at me. He is built, that's about as much as I can see from this lighting. His hand reaches out from the cell, I'm assuming for a handshake. I don't know him, so I'm hesitant.

"Put your hand back in your f*cking cell Wind." The voice from earlier demands, making Wind retract his hand quickly. I'm thankful for that, not going to lie. "I'm Jyn."

"I'm on your other side, the names Kalon." I recognize an accent, British I'm guessing.

There is silence for a moment, I'm waiting for another introduction.

"That's everyone who's conscious, dear. It's your turn." Xan says.

Everyone who's conscious.

This has to be some twisted joke.

"Is she okay?" Kalon asks.

"She looks to be in shock." Wind says.

"Girl?" Jyn calls out.

I don't know what to do here. This is insane, I'm not supposed to be here. This place isn't for me. I need to get out.

I turn around and look at the back of the cell. There's no windows, nothing. The stench down here is explained then.

"Hey" Xan calls out.

"What's going on Wind?" Jyn asks.

"She's panicking" He starts, " I think, I cant see through this f*cking lighting."

"Girl?" Kalon calls out.

"There's no way out?" I ask quietly.

"Speak louder dear." Xan says.

"I don't want to be here." I say, turning back to the front.

"Calm down, we won't let them hurt you." Wind says softly.

"I don't even know you." I comment.

"Maybe so. But whatever the reason, I doubt you deserve to be here." Wind replies.

There is another silence. I breathe in and out, trying to calm my racing heart. This is some sick twisted joke, it has to be.

I look back to the front where Wind is looking at me. I don't trust these people, but I don't want to be on their bad side.

"Aspen." I say. "My name is Aspen."

"No f*cking way." Xan says.

"It can't be.." Kalon says.

"What's your last name Aspen?" Jyn asks.

"Why?" I ask, scarred at these reactions.

"Your a Karieo aren't you?" Wind says in disbelief.

"Maybe.." I reply, slightly scared.

"Full circle eh?" Kalon says with a scoff.

"Why?" I ask.

"Your not the first Karieo in that cell, Aspen." Xan comments.

"Balor too, right?" I ask.

"Not only him. Caspian as well." Wind says.

"Caspian?" I ask, shocked.

"It's like that cell is reserved for your family." Xan let's out a humorless laugh.

"Why are you here Aspen?" Kalon asks.

"Someone named Oslo kidnapped Balor and I. He's here somewhere, I don't know where they brought him" I tell them.

"Balors here too? Damn, I miss that kid." Kalon comments.

"Why are you all here?" I ask.

"All for different reasons deary. It's best we don't go into it. Unfortunately, we would help you out but we've exhausted all our options of escape." Xan explains.

"We don't have any tools or anything needed." Kalon says disappointedly.

I feel my gun in my waistband and debate what to do. I could get us out of here, but I don't know or trust these men.

"It's alright." I tell them. 

I don't want them to feel bad for me being down here, it's not their fault. But then again, I think of what Balor said when we were separated. "Don't let them get to your head"

What does that mean?

I'm going to have to keep my guard up as long as I'm here. I cant trust anyone, and I have to be strong.

[[[]]]

Hours pass and it's been silent. I find myself almost drifting off occasionally, but I'm too on edge to actually sleep. I've simply been sitting against the cold wall, holding my knees to my chest. 

I cant go crazy.

I keep telling myself that, but it seems inevitable in this place.

"Are you okay Karieo?" Jyn asks.

"I've been better." I say.

"We all have." Kalon agrees.

I hear a creak coming from the staircase.

"Someone's coming." Kalon hisses.

There is some mumbling that becomes more clear as the people descend the stairs.

"Yes, I'm quite adamant on buying them both but I agree it's best to observe." A familiar voice says, but it cant be?

"As you wish, she's just down this hallway here." I recognize Oslo.

"Why keep the girl down here and Balor upstairs?" The voice asks. 

No freaking way.

"To keep Balor in check. It's best this way so they don't get any ideas." Oslo replies.

I stand up slowly, feeling weak from the lack of food and water. As the two people come in front of my cell, my eyes widen in surprise.

"Here she is. Balor is of course a million but I think I could get more for her. I'm thinking at least 1.7 million." Oslo says, but I don't look at him. I'm more focused on the supposed buyer.

"You're driving a hard bargain." The buyer says, eyeing me. "But I'll have to take the deal. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity." 

"I'm glad you see it that way. You can come on up and we'll deal with the paperwork and payment." Oslo says.

"You're a sick f*cking man Oslo!" Kalon shouts.

"F*ck you're thinking? You're selling her?" Xan asks.

"The next person to speak doesn't get food for the next week." Oslo says, making the basement go silent. "Mind your f*cking business."

"Shall we?" The buyer asks, getting Oslo's attention.

"Yes, follow me." Oslo says, turning to the staircase.

Oslo turns and the buyer winks at me.

I feel relieved as I watch Hudson walk away after Oslo.

I might get out of here after all.

-----------------------------------

Sooooooooo what are we thinking? As usual, I got a wee carried away and I'm sure you all have questions about what's going on. Ask away and I'll try to make sure they're answered in the next chapter ;)

In the meantime, what are you thoughts?

Here are some pictures of the new people to put faces to the names. They wont all be prominent characters, but some will so keep them in mind ;)

Oslo  \/

Finn \/

Windermere \/

Jyn \/

Xan \/

Kalon \/

Who's your favorite? Who do you trust?

Until next time ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.5K 3.6K 25
- ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™—๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™– ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™–๐™จ๐™จ ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ž๐™ง ๐™–๐™ง๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ž๏ฟฝ...
37.8K 1.1K 15
Although she was surrounded by love she couldn't help but feel hollow and broken. She woke up every day, restless after a tiring and horrific night S...
1M 24.6K 49
(This book has been completely rewritten, you can find the new version on my page under the title "Silently Drowning", the rewritten version is also...
1.1M 36.1K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancรฉ ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...