Miss Pessimistic | winrina/ji...

By ayeskreum

"Please, just this once... tell me you love me." Deep down we both knew it would only lead to pain... but we... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilouge

Chapter 49

1.3K 75 23
By ayeskreum

Once inside security at the Incheon International Airport, one can watch the excited people getting ready to take that once in a lifetime trip. There is a continuous hum of happy chatter, luggage wheels softly rolling across the floor, and cellphones ringing. It's late in the afternoon, which is a prime time to get through airport security.

A small bag on wheels weaves its way, in a slight rush towards an airline gate.

"Winter!"

There was a pause.

She frozed on her spot as she quickly turned around.

"I didn't know you were leaving."

Winter pursed her lips. "I purposedly did not tell you because I don't want to see you watch me leave."

"Were you planning to just disappear?" Ryujin pouted. Eyes brimming with tears.

Winter remained silent. She glared at Ningning but the girl only acted like she's not the one who told Ryujin.

Winter wondered for a moment if she'll also come, yet, she shrugged the thoughts off. 

'There's no way.'

She approached Ryujin and succumbed her with a tight hug. 

"Mom needs my help. We'll be gone for awhile but we will be back." She stated with a small smile

"You should or I'll go wherever you are and drag you back here in Korea." Ryujin joked. They chuckled before an awkward silence followed.

Ryujin caught up and so did Winter.

"Did you tell her you're leaving?" She asked. No matter how careful she is with her words it's still not enough to ease the pain inside Winter's chest

"You know there's no need. We're no longer together." Winter smiled bitterly

"Yeah but she's not grasping this lightly too." Ryujin sounded sad. Too sad Winter thought she's the one who broke up with Karina

"She's gonna be fine, Ryu." Winter sounded certain

"And are you?" Ryujin inquired.

"I'm not but I'll be fine." She replied

"We'll go now. It's our flight." Winter looked away. She put her shades on as she softly kissed Ryujin on the cheek

"I'll miss you." 

"Me too."

Ryujin went to Ningning next, they both hugged each other and the girl almost cried. Who knows when will be the next they'll see each other.

Winter anticipated if that specific someone will come but minutes passed and to her disappointment. No one did. Karina's nowhere to be seen.

They were about to do security screening when they all heard a familiar voice yelling from the very back of the airport.

"WINTER!"

Her heart pounded out of her chest. Winter turned around and a tight hug greeted her. The girl sobbed on her chest.

"I'm glad I caught up to you!" Yuna sobbed.

Winter genuinely chuckled. "I'm glad you're here."

Yuna stared at her for a second before she bawled her eyes out again.

"Wrap it up, Yuna. There's no time, the plane will leave them if you don't hurry your ass." Ryujin hissed

Yuna rolled her eyes at the latter as she stood up straight and handed Winter a letter.

Winter stared at it for a moment, Yuna haven't said anything yet but she knew what and whose letter wrote it.

"She couldn't come. She said if she acquire the information of where you're going she's afraid she'll come and chase you." Yuna wiped the tears that streamed down her face as she sniffs harshly like her nose is gonna fall off.

Winter's lips quivered. She's thankful the shades are covering her eyes, they wouldn't see how hard she tries to hold back those tears.

She nodded her head and walked away. She knew once she speak she'll only breakdown. The lump on her throat was enough to burst out but she had a grip of herself.

"We'll contact each other okay?" Ningning hugged the two before she followed the older female

She waved at Ryujin and Yuna and they were both bawling their eyes out. Ningning was pleased. She's pleased that she told them before it's all too late.

........

Soon as they entered the plane Winter did not hesitate to open the letter and read it.

Ningning wanted to see it too but because it's not for her, she minded her own business.

Winter's hands were shaking as she opened the paper. The first thing that greeted her was a picture of them hugging each other.

She burst into tears. She tried to remain calm and it took her a few minutes before she started reading it.

"I'm writing this in hoping that it would lessen the pain I'm feeling right now. Winter, if you're never going to talk to me again, that's okay. I know you promised you would never leave me five months ago while I was crying into your chest, but I also know that sometimes it snows in the middle of April or weeds grow in the middle of a rose garden, so I understand that things happen that aren't supposed to. It's so hard to say it but I guess it's time to let you go. Everything we had and everything we didn't have is slowly dying. I just want to let you know that I never wanted to let you go and I still love you. I guess not every love story can be happy. I don't know what our future holds but maybe someday we will meet again when the time is right. And maybe I will tell you how much you mean to me.

I decided I have to forget, I have to wash the taste of your name off my tounge, and scrub your fingerprints off my skin. I have to wipe the memories of us all around this apartment from my mind. But know that while doing this, my heart hurts. You need to understand that I do care and that I always will, that this is not what I wanted but I'll do it because I have to. I would have loved you forever.

Even after everything, I'm in love with you. I still love you every second of everyday and miss you beyond words. I miss feeling you close to me and looking at you. But the thing is no matter how much I do love you, I have to love myself more. I do have to get over you and let you go no matter how hard it is. I want to fall in love again, and I will. I will love my own life. I will love it unconditionally and without fear. I will love it eventhough it's without you. SImply, I will love it the way I loved you.

There is no one else I'd rather have by my side in the rain, the hall or the sunshine than you. There may be billions of women in the universe, but none will ever shine brighther than you. Like the North Star, you'll guide my heart throughout life no matter where I am. When the night skies are filled with darkness, you will shine through to give me hope. Thank you for giving yourself to me in the purest sense. Thank you for showing me what love was meant to be. Maybe someday our stars will align again. Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that. I don't like saying goodbye so let's just say see you soon.

I love you always, and I'm sorry.

- from the last letter I ever wrote you "

Tears welled up in her eyes. Winter looked outside the window of the plane.

Why did she let Karina in her life? Maybe it's the fact that they're from different worlds and she wants to see what would happen if they were to cross. Maybe it's the memory of sitting alone, just like she was, and wishing for someone to come.

She's deeply hurt, and her heart will undoubtedly be scarred because they can't be together. 

Winter don't think she'll ever find a love as true as theirs, and she's not sure if she ever want to try again.

She shut her eyes and smiled bitterly as NIngning slowly hugged her head for comfort.

"You will be fine."

Winter had never cried so hard for the past 21 years of her life. But she did. She cried like a baby in Ningning's arms. Because the pain is unbearable and she don't know until when would she hold it all in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 1.9K 15
"We'll just act..." her eyes flicker to Winter's shining lips and she feels her voice crack slightly, "normal." "Right," Winter's words are only a li...
17.8K 1K 8
Karina Yu has mind reading power, but she couldn't find 'the one' whose mind she can read yet. Not until a voice from nowhere took her by surprise, l...
36.1K 1.4K 11
"The job is you want me to help you fake a relationship to get the media off your back?" Minjeong asks, voice saturated with disbelief. "That's exact...
219K 4.4K 19
"Don't worry unnie no one will know. It will be our dirty little secret". The brunette whispered and winked at her before leaving the bathroom stall...