Eternal Harmony - Luka Couffa...

thatoneyasmin

"They hate each other," "No, they don't. Not really," Luka is a teenage boy who is really calm and patient, y... Еще

CH 1: Bittersweet Day
CH 2: Starting Point
CH 3: Small Change
CH 4: Hooked
CH 6: Unexpected Visit
CH 7: His Eyes
CH 8: The Camp
CH 9: New Friend
CH 10: Boyfriend Material
CH 11: Her Smile
CH 12: The Camp Pt. 2
CH 13: Deja Vu
CH 14: Drama Queen
CH 15: Hello, New York!
CH 16: Memories
CH 17: Gossips
CH 18: Daddy
CH 19: Strangeness
CH 20: Rumours
CH 21: Rough Days
CH 22: Lucky Villain
CH 23: Face Of Paris
CH 24: London Rush
CH 25: Eternal Harmony
EPILOGUE

CH 5: Game Plan

1.9K 55 113
thatoneyasmin

LUKA'S POV

"You know I love unicorns~"

"It always makes me feel better~"

I accidentally strummed the wrong key even though Rose has been singing this song for years.

Juleka glanced at me when she noticed her wrong key. Nobody else noticed except for her.

Rose ended the song with another chorus. All of my friends gave a round of applause as usual. I sighed, I knew I ruined the song today. It might be a small matter that no one probably notices, but playing a wrong note just feels illegal to my musical soul.

"Are you okay?" Juleka asked me.

I just nodded.

"I need a second," I said, heading to the lounge.

I placed my guitar next to me, resting my head on the couch. Well, that's until someone went into the lounge.

"Luka?"

I saw Marinette was standing at the door.

"Oh, hey, Marinette," I greeted, straightened my back and sat properly.

"Juleka told me you didn't do well just now. What's wrong?"

I stood up, approaching a window. Yes, as expected. Her face was on the billboard.

Marinette followed my steps, glancing outside next to me.

"That girl is beautiful, isn't she?" she asked.

"Yeah, she's an incredible girl,"

W-what did I just say?

I quickly rubbed my face once I realised what I just said.

"You know her?" she asked.

"She's my schoolmate,"

"That's awesome!" she was excited.

"What is her name?"

"(y/n) (l/n),"

"(y/n), that's a beautiful name," Marinette said.

"Like her,"

Are you okay, Luka Couffaine?

My face started reddening when I noticed my words.

"You like her a lot, huh?" Marinette giggled.

"No, she's just a friend,"

Umm... oops?

Marinette crossed her arms, glaring at me. "Haha, funny,"

I think I just made her get deja vu.

"Luka, I know you. You do like her, right?"

I was just being quiet, still staring at the billboard.

"I don't know how to approach her. I used to... break her heart. Now, I owe her an apology for blaming her on something she didn't do,"

"It was my fault, Marinette,"

I saw Marinette cover her mouth. "What happened?"

"It was... a really long story. I prefer not to tell because... I hate myself just to think about it,"

"Okay, sure. I'm sorry," she said.

"I don't think she even remembers my existence. I mean, look at her now. She must have remembered tons of people's names. There's no way she remembers the guy that dumped her,"

"I'm definitely thinking that she remembers you. Girls always remember every person that gave emotions impacts to them, you know," Marinette said.

"Just try to apologise. At least, build your friendship back," she added.

"But... I'm... ashamed of myself, Marinette. What if she thinks that I want to take place in her popularity? She's a badass b*tch, you know. She could easily dump me the way I did to her before," I overthought.

"Then... find a way to make her badass side turns into a softie bubble," she spoke.

I chinned up. "How?"

"Let's just say, be yourself but not as yourself," Adrien suddenly stepped in, leaning against the door.

I started wondering, what did he mean?

-----

YOUR POV

I was on my way to school with Jessica. Her father stopped at my house to pick me up in his car. Yes, my friend's father took me to school instead of my own father. Well, Mr Wilson was off that morning so he had time to spend with his daughter before school.

Usually, I walked to school with Jessica. She will stop by my house every morning since we lived in the same neighbourhood. Her mother will prepare some snacks for us before we go to school.

I wonder how does it feel to have loving and caring parents.

Jessica waved at me passionately as soon as I got in the car.

"Hey, Mr Wilson," I greeted.

"Hi, (y/n). How's your day? (f/n) is home?" he asked. [(f/n) = father's name]

"I'm doing great! But, yeah, you know. My father isn't home," I pouted.

"Aww, it's okay, girl! You have us," Jessica side hugged me.

"Thank you," I said.

The car stopped in traffic. I glanced outside, seeing a few people were walking on the streets. They realised my presence through the not-really-tinted window.

"OMG (Y/N) (L/N)!"

Oh, sh*t.

GURL I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL NOW, THANK YOU.

"Remember when you said that you wanted a fan base? There they are," Jessica spoke.

Yes, I did. I did get jealous of how famous a model like Adrien Agreste was. A lot of people like him and some of them are-- obsessive.

Mr Wilson pressed the gas once the traffic was clear. I heard the people scream and shout, calling out my name like I was chased by a ghost.

"Oh, my. Look," Jessica elbowed me, pointing at the back.

I took a glance, seeing those people were chasing Mr Wilson's car.

"Sh*t, how can I get to school like this?" I whispered to her.

Jessica tapped her chin with her finger. "Dad, can you stop literally in front of the school door? The celebrity needs some help,"

Celebrity? Bruh, that's too high.

"Sure, honey," he answered.

Mr Wilson drove the car a little faster, but without breaking the laws. I could smell Mr Roger's fine receipt shoved onto Mr Wilson's face if he breaks the law.

Jessica's dad entered the school's parking lot, stopping right in front of the door. People were watching us weirdly, but they just kept silent.

I saw the fans outside the school were stopped by the guards.

"Have a good day, both of you," Mr Wilson casually said.

"Thanks, dad!" Jessica kissed his cheek before we got out. I simply thanked him before he drove away.

The school citizens greeted me as soon as I stepped inside the building.

Oh, now we're friends, huh?

I awkwardly grinned, waving hands at every single "hi" I received.

"I think you need a bodyguard," Jessica whispered to me.

"Why should I? The school is literally the safest place after my house," I said.

"True, but outside the school and your house?" she raised her left eyebrow.

I just shook my head. I don't like to be watched or guarded. Whatever you say, b*tches. This is me, and this is how I want to be. Myself.

"But it is for your safety too, you know,"

I... didn't think about that.

"Remember when Adrien Agreste ran away from home to meet his friends? What happened? A fan found him and they chased him all around Paris like he's the only boy left in the world," Jessica spoke.

"I can help you find a strong, protective, and most importantly hot guy for you," she winked.

"Then you might as well find my soulmate," I chuckled.

"Sure, of course," she giggled.

"I can be your bodyguard,"

We were startled by the sudden voice behind us. We instantly turned around, seeing the one and only, Jake Jason.

"You? Be her bodyguard?" Jessica scoffed.

"Yeah, why? Are you jealous, Miss Wilson?" he laughed.

"Why should I, Mr Jason?" she spit.

"I don't know, maybe because you're feeling lonely," he mocked.

"Excuseeeeeee me? Hello, it sounded like you are the one who feels lonely to me. Well, what to expect? You're a playboy, everyone knows who you are,"

"You're a playboy, everyone knows who you are," he mimicked Jessica's voice.

"Idiot," she whispered.

Umm... chill... anyways, so-

I slowly walked away from there without them noticing. Their argument seemed endless so I went to the locker room first.

"Can you stop disturbing us?!" I heard Jessica's yell.

"I wasn't talking to you in the first place!" Jake was frustrated.

I just shook my head, finding the correct book before the class started.

"Hey, (y/n)," I turned around, seeing a bluenette.

I thought he's dead already.

He cleared his throat, standing right in front of me. "I just wanna say sorr-"

"Save those apologies for your parents when they ask you about this sh*t,"

Yup, I cut his words with his own words before he even completed the sentence.

"Why? Shocked?" I saw the change in his facial expression.

"Let me get this clear. You were the one who asked me not to speak to you ever again if I want my captain role back. Guess what? I did what you asked me to. And now I got an even better role than the cheerleading captain," I said.

"Thanks, Luka. You changed me into a better person," I smiled, grabbing my book and walking away.

I found Jessica and Jake were still arguing over a stupid thing in the middle of the hallway. I pulled both of their arms and dragged them into the class.

Did I feel bad? No.

He blamed me for something I didn't do. He asked to stop talking to him. He mocked me for wanting to date him.

I had enough and I heard enough. He broke my heart like I was nothing. Yes, rejections are normal. But getting rejected AND blamed for something I didn't know about are stupid.

Throughout the day, I saw the bluenette was nowhere to be found. Dies probably.

Maybe not because Jake also was nowhere to be found during lunchtime. Jake, you just failed your first day of being my bodyguard.

But that's fine, I want to have some girl talk with Jessica.

Jessica kept talking about how annoying Jake was. I can't argue with that, but honestly, he's a fun person to talk to.

Yes, he did treat me "specially" but I think that's just the way he is.

-----

LUKA'S POV

I sat down on my bed as soon as I got home. Juleka was at Marinette's house. I don't know, maybe some girls meet-up thingy they always have.

The pain in my chest grew when I remembered the way she declined my apology before I even could say it.

Sass flew out of my jacket since there was nobody. "You were right, she is a baddie,"

"It's okay, Luka,"

"She officially hates me, Sass," I pouted.

"She doesn't. She just needs some time. She had enough after that incident," he comforted me.

"Chin up, you're strong. Smile!" he touched my cheek with his tiny hands.

"Thanks, Sass," I finally did a little smile.

My phone's notification rang, so I grabbed it as fast as possible. I saw Adrien's name was displayed on the screen.

I clicked on it and a message from him appeared.

"Hey, wanna hang out? I'm kinda bored. The girls are doing their secret meet-up again,"

Adrien then sent me his location. He wanted to meet at Place des Vosges.

"Maybe you should hang out with him to release a little bit of your stress," Sass said after he read the text.

"It's not about that, Sass. It's about the fact that Adrien is allowed to go out," I giggled.

"Maybe his dad was feeling generous today," he said.

"Whatever, Sass. Let's go,"

Sass immediately went inside my pocket. I ran outside after grabbing my guitar, telling my mum that I wanna hang out with Adrien.

Sorry not sorry, my guitar is the love of my life.

I cycled to the park while Sass peeked out to see the scenery of the Eiffel Tower. I saw her on an advertisement board again. Audrey Bourgeois was about to release a new fall collection.

"She looks so... pretty,"

"Who? Audrey Bourgeois?"

I literally almost hit a car when Sass said so. "What? No!"

Thank goodness, the car was parked. I won't be seeing tomorrow if it was driven but someone.

"I mean, yeah, sure. But I wasn't talking about her," I rolled my eyes, continued to cycle.

"Ohh... the girl," Sass said.

I just smiled. I needed to stop talking about her when paddling, I'll lose my focus.

But... why?

I saw a golden blondie in the distance. I parked my bike and approached Adrien who was sitting on a bench with a phone in his hands.

"Hey, Adrien," I started.

"Oh, hey," he waved his hand.

Sass and Plagg came out of our pockets and ate some camemberts together.

"So... how was it going?" Adrien asked.

"It failed badly," I simply said.

Adrien gasped when he heard my response.

"It's okay, we move on to Plan B,"

"The one you told me yesterday?" I asked. Adrien just nodded passionately.

"Is it even legal?" I asked.

"The guardian herself said it's okay, so... try it," he answered.

He did talk to Marinette yesterday about it and she agreed. But on one condition.

"As long as you-"

"Yeah, I know the rules," I cut him off.

"But... isn't that... lying?" I asked.

"Technically, but I'm sure she'll understand," he answered.

I stared at the ground, thinking about it.

"You don't have to do it if you feel uneasy," Sass spoke.

"Don't listen to him, he just wants to see you fail," Plagg casually said.

I giggled when I heard Plagg's statement.

"Plagg!" Adrien called.

"What? I was giving Luka some supports," he chewed on a piece of camembert.

I don't know, should I? 

"Deep inside my heart screamed yes, but lying?"

"It's not lying, it's like... waiting for the truth to be unveiled,"

Wow, great advice, Adrien.

"What do you say, Sass?" I gazed down at the tiny creature.

"I don't think it's lying either, it is still you, but a different you,"

I glanced at the skyscraper.

"If you need any advice, you know who to call," Adrien winked.

"Thanks, guys," I said.

They're all really supportive and helpful, mostly. *glances at Plagg*

-----

YOUR POV

"Ooh, this one is kinda hot," Jessica was looking through the school's yearbook while lying down next to me.

"Are you still finding a bodyguard for me?" I sighed.

She has been finding one since this morning. And now, it was sunset. I already buried my face onto my pillow right after I went home today.

"Duh, safety first," she rolled her eyes.

"More like hot boys first," I said.

She just grinned at me.

"You're hungry?" I asked.

"No, why?"

"I do,"

"Then, go feed yourself,"

"Fine," I lazily got up from the bed, walking downstairs to find some snacks in the fridge.

"(y/n)!"

I almost spit out the water I was drinking when I heard Jessica's scream. I immediately grabbed a knife with me and ran upstairs.

"What's going on?!" I started panicking, slamming the door like it was nothing with a knife in my hand.

Jessica looked at me in confusion. "Uh... why do you have that knife with you?"

"Why did you scream?"

"I'm just excited,"

*sighs* You're lucky I didn't throw the knife at you, Jess.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, I saw a notification from Ladyblog. Alya Cesaire uploaded a new photo of Chat Noir,"

Oh, I swear, Jessica Wilson. You do that again, I'll throw this freaking knife at you.

"What is so special about him?" I rolled my eyes, placing the knife on my study desk.

"He's hot," she grinned.

"Says the person who said Jake is an annoying playboy,"

Her smile immediately dropped when I said so. She hit me on the arm, making me laugh.

"I started seeing similarities in both of you, you know," I teased her.

"Ew, no. We're so different!" she spoke.

"Well, that's even better. We need, um, you know, compatibility with each other,"

"(y/n)!" oh, she was angwy-angwy. I was bursting in laughing.

Her phone suddenly rang. "Hello?"

"Oh, right, okay," she hung up after a few seconds.

"I gotta go, my mum just called and it's already 7. Bye!" she packed her stuff.

"Aww, who's gonna accompany me? My parents probably won't be home tonight," I said.

"I'm sorry, there's a guest coming as my mum said. I would catch on to you later, okay?"

"Fine," I sighed.

I followed her downstairs and opened the door. She hugged me before she stepped out.

"I'll send you some hot Parisian heroes photos tonight,"

"I told you I'm not interested in some skinny suited teenagers!"

Jessica casually walked away while singing a song out loud to make me mad. I just did a facepalm, locking the front door.

I walked upstairs to my room while humming. The night was getting darker and the moon was getting brighter. I lied down on the bed, staring at the ceiling as I thought of something that happened during the Style Queen's Fall Collection photoshoot a few days ago.

I didn't really talk about it to Jessica since I don't think it's important, but... it just kept playing around in my mind.

FLASHBACK

"Excuse me, (y/n), I gotta take this call," Olivia said to me. I just nodded and watched her leave the studio.

"I'll be right back, girls. I need to talk to my husband for a second," Audrey spoke. Now, only me and Isabelle were in the room.

I feel like she could be nicer than Angelina since she has never talked bacd about anyone as far as I know. I approached her and gave her a "hi".

She stared at me from the head to toes like she did when we first met. "What do you want?"

"Um, I just wanna ask if... you wanna be friends with us?" I said.

"You? And that Olivia girl? Friends? There's no f*cking way that imma be friends with jerks like you,"

I wasn't hurt, because I'm used to Angelina calling me a jerk.

"You're friends with Jake?"

Whoa, how did she know that?

"Yeah... why?"

"I want you to stop talking to him or I'll ruin your entire life,"

"Oh, really? What are you gonna do about it?" my inner savageness started to shine.

"We'll see, we'll see. It's either you want to stop talking to him again or I'll destroy everything,"

Ooh, like I'm so scared.

Olivia then came back. "How was it going? Did I miss anything?"

I glanced at Isabelle. She just crossed her arms and stayed away from us.

I gazed back at Olivia, smiling. "No, nothing happened. Really,"

"Okay, cool! By the way, my aunt just called me..."

Oh, there she is. The classic Olivia Hutton with infinite stories in her life.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

19.3K 887 30
"An epidemic has broken out throughout half of Ireland! A viral infection that has drove people to attack each other! Everyone is advised to stay ind...
35.5K 1K 34
' She's here...' I opened my eyes to see a very familiar girl wearing a blank white mask. "So this is what you choose in the end?" I ask staring at...
30.6K 675 16
What if Snow white had a half sister who's a witch? You are Snow whites sister, Y/n Snow and when Regina took over the kingdom you had no choice but...
85.9K 2.3K 14
Hiccup x reader; sequel to my book "Just friends?"