FAMILY

By NectaretAmbrosia

Every year on Charlotte's birthday, her mother takes a picture of her to send to her father that she's never... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS
01| Birthday and Pictures
02| New School
03| You Don't Fuck With A Cassano
04| Piano Competition
05| The Truth Came To Light
06| Day One In Casa De Cassano
07| New Life
09| Breakdown
10| I Need Cookies
11| Halloween
12| Ronan
13| Thanksgiving
14| Thanksgiving pt. 2
15| Trouble
16| A Sprained Hand
17| Christmas Party
18| Christmas party pt. 2
19| Christmas Day Horror
20| Little One
21| Healing
22| Italy
23| Diana
24| Checkmate
25| Pregnant
26| Birthday Party
27| Pickpocket
28| Arranged?
29| Engagement Party
30| Arabella Bianchi
31| Drugs
32| Lovestruck Elena
33| Wedding
34| Two New Housemates
35| A Fucked Up Christmas
36| A New Capo Of Nevada
37| Dream Entertainment
38| Fabio
39| A Wedding Of A Don
40| Father
41| On Our Way To Happiness
42| Twenty-One
43| Sphinx
44| Date
45| Don't Date Him
46| Love
47| Reclaiming My Body
48| The End Of The Euphoria
49| A lovestory in Las Vegas
50| A Deal With The Devil
51| Down
52| London
53| Papa
54| Topolino And Topolina
55| Change Has To Come
56| Home Isn't Home Anymore
57| Charlotte
58| CEO
59| Stronger Bonds
60|Elio

08| Abduction

16.5K 495 85
By NectaretAmbrosia

Eunha was crying which made me cry. We had lunch outside which gave us more space to cry together and for my friends to interrogate me. They all thought that I had died and were freaked out when they came to my place to find it abandoned.

I didn't even know what I should tell them. Hector warned me not to tell everything. So I decided to change the story a bit.

"So your fake mom stole you from the hospital and paid doctors to tell the Cassano's that you had passed away. Moved all the way to the UK to escape from them. But then wanted to live back here because she thought they wouldn't think anything weird of you. But they did because Hector thought you looked too much like him. Then he found out what she did and got legal guardianship over you?" August paraphrased.

"Yeah." I sighed tiredly.

"Shit, bestie, that's intense," Cecelia commented.

"She could get a whole TLC show!" August added.

That made me laugh. I think I'll do great on a TLC show but I don't trust the producers and their editing techniques.

"Are you alright, though? That's a very big change that you're going through." Eunha placed her hand on my shoulder.

New tears filled my eyes and I shrugged slightly. I'm not alright. That was a given.

"I really wanted to talk to you but Hector took my phone. I still don't have it back."

"Fucking psycho," Cecelia muttered.

"I can buy you a phone."

Bless Daniel and his sweet heart. He let me hang onto him during the gifted courses. The classes weren't all too bad and managed to keep me focused.

"I can't ask you to do that. And what if he takes that one away as well?"

He winced.

"He can't just not let you have a phone. You need it to communicate." Eunha argued.

"He doesn't listen."

"Then make him listen." Cecelia insisted.

"How?"

"Compromise. That's the only thing you can do right now."

I'd have to find a way to compromise with Hector. How was I even supposed to do that?

At least I was surrounded by my friends. It was just so good to see them again.

///////////////////////

I was not thrilled when school ended because of two reasons. I had to say goodbye to my friends and I had to ride with the twins. We did not get along and what made everything worse was that Victor wouldn't even be there. Theo picked him up earlier because he had a doctor's appointment.

So I would be alone with the twins and Amelia. I didn't have to interact much with her because we ignored each other during class. She had her friends and I had Daniel. But we did walk together to the car. It was a very nice Benz but when I wanted to open the door, Leonardo locked it.

Amelia had already gotten in and they just locked me out. Nicholas opened his window from the passenger's seat with a wide grin.

"See you later, loser!"

Then drove away. Without me.

How the fuck was I supposed to get home now? Hector told me that I had to ride back with them but they just abandoned me. What the hell was I supposed to do?

I scanned the parking lot but didn't spot my friends. Eunha and August take the subway together, so they always had to hurry after the bell. Cecelia had a private chauffeur but she probably already left. Daniel drove home with his older sister but I didn't see him anywhere.

I was completely stranded without a phone to contact anybody.

Fuck those stupid twins.

I walked back into school towards the main office. The nice office lady smiled at me as I approached her.

"Hey there, Elena!"

Everybody called me Elena now. It was a lot to get used to but it was my reality now.

"Hello, Miss Brown, I have a question."

"What do you need, honey?"

"Do you perhaps have any contact information of my older brother?"

I'd have to call that asshole now. He should just let me take the subway or the bus because I was not going to school with those devil twins.

"Well, yes. Why do you need it?" She frowned.

"I don't have a phone and I need to talk to him."

She nodded and gave me his number. I was allowed to use the telephone. I typed in the number and waited a while before he picked up.

"Cassano."

That was how this lame ass answered the phone.

"It's me, Elena."

I cringed at the use of that name.

"Why are you calling me from the school office?" He questioned.

"Glad you ask. Your darling brothers decided to lock me out of the car and drive away without me."

Mrs Brown's eyes widened and gave me a concerned look.

"They're gone?"

"Yes. I'm alone at school. I could use public transportation-"

"I'll send a few of my men to come to pick you up."

He was very clear about public transportation. I was not allowed to use it by any means. He even took my cards away.

"Okay, fine."

I hung up.

"Those twins always cause trouble." Mrs Brown sighed.

"Now I have to deal with them." I sighed with her.

She gave me a soft smile before I left. I went to wait outside on the stairs. I thought that I had to wait a while but almost immediately a black SUV parked in front of me. A man stepped out dressed in a black suit. He had a severe face and just very cold eyes but I wasn't surprised.

These were Hector's men. Mafia men.

"Mr Cassano asked us to pick you up, Miss."

That was fast.

"Thank you," I said when he opened the door for me.

I got inside and noticed another man behind the driving wheel. He as well wore a black suit and a pair of sunglasses. It wasn't even sunny outside.

Weirdo.

"We'll be driving you home now, Miss Cassano." The man without sunglasses announced.

I simply nodded and put on my seatbelt. I leaned my head back against my seat. When I get home, I'm gonna beat some asses. Firstly, I'll demand a phone. Secondly, I'll punch the twins' asses. Thirdly, I'll kick Silas.

Just because even the thought of him pissed me off.

The drive went smoothly and was quiet for the most part until the men started to talk. They were having a conversation in Russian. That completely put me off guard.

The Cassano's were Italian. Why would they hire Russian employees? My heart sank to the floor but I had to keep my face neutral. As long as they don't know that I'm onto them, then I'm fine. I started to think. I've watched so much true crime videos. I always thought I'd be prepared for situations like these.

But I truly was about to poop my pants.

"Excuse me? Could we maybe stop for a toilet break, I really have to go?" I asked politely with a nice smile.

The man at the passenger's seat turned to me with a blank face. He took me in. I kept up that polite smile.

"Miss, we'll be at your home in a few minutes." He informed me.

I've lived a few months in New York City and I could tell that we had already driven out of the Upper Eastside. They were going a whole other route.

Think smart. I had to think smart.

"I'm leaking blood. My period just came through."

What's the best way to catch a man off guard? Talk about periods. They always got terribly awkward. This guard as well. His eyes widened before he turned to his partner. Again, a short and sharp conversation in Russian.

"We'll stop at the next tank station." He announced.

"You're a lifesaver!" I grinned.

He only nodded before turning to look ahead. Okay. I'd be in a public space. That's what a lot of experts always recommend. To go to a public space. Now I'd have to find a way to alert authorities.

I took out my notebook and opened a page where I'd been doodling during math. I'd been so bored out of my mind, even in these gifted courses. The men have focused on the road and they were talking to each other. I discreetly took a piece of paper and wrote something on it before slipping it into my pocket.

Call 911, please. I'm getting kidnapped.

Just after I did that, the man turned around to check up on me. He caught me doodling in my notebook. Nothing suspicious at all.

After five more minutes, we stopped at a tank station. The man from the passenger seat walked in with me. He pointed at the toilets but I shook my head with an embarrassed smile.

"I have to buy pads first," I explained.

His ears turned red and he went to wait at the door for me. I walked down the aisle and spotted an employee. She was restocking the Doritos and I walked up to her. I could feel his eyes on me so I had to be very discreet.

"Excuse me. Do you know where the pads are?" I asked loud enough for him to hear.

The woman looked like she was in her mid-twenties. She had long, gorgeous box braids and a really nice nose piercing. Her tired but kind eyes fell on me.

"Just walk down this aisle and go right." She explained.

"Oh, thank you!", I grabbed her hand to shake it and pushed the note in her hand.

Thank God that she understood what was happening. A slight panic filled her eyes but she smiled at me. I followed her instructions and picked out a random brand of pads. Then I walked to the cashier. A teenage boy who seemed bored out of his mind.

His eyes did open slightly when I pulled out the black card Hector had given me last night. He said I'd have to use it for lunch and other purchases that I made.

There was no limit but he did get a notification every time I used it.

I paid for the pads and went to the toilet. My heart was racing and I tried to stretch so much time. If I had a phone, things would've been so much easier. If I get out of this, I'll use that dumb black card to buy myself a phone. Whether Hector likes it or not.

How long does it take for the police to come? Had the employee already called? How much time had passed? I was stressing the fuck out. My hands were shaking as I sat in a barely lit toilet. I hugged my backpack close to my chest and closed my eyes in fear.

What if my plan failed? What was I going to do then? I could run away from them into some random building but they'd probably catch me. I was the worst runner alive.

Maybe I should take PE more seriously.

Or not.

I'd just take my chances. Perhaps a brave civilian will help me but I don't want to endanger others. I don't know what those men were capable of doing.

What if they were related to my 'dad'?

Oh, shit.

That dirty old man had pictures of me. Theo had promised me that he would deal with it but they haven't told me anything. Not even what happened to my 'mom'. Did they kill her or was she still alive?

"Are you done, Miss?" He was inside the woman's restroom.

My heart dropped and I pinched myself hard. I could not let him know that I was panicking.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. But it's such a mess!" I cried.

"What?" He sounded confused.

"My panties are bloodied!" I whined.

"You should use the pad." He advised.

Men are dumb.

"I can't if my panties are ruined!" I cried.

He probably thought that I was some spoiled rich girl. But that was my intention.

"Can you please buy me new panties?" I begged.

"Miss!" He sounded indignant.

"Please." I sobbed.

I heard him sigh deeply before cursing under his breath.

"I'll see what I can do."

Then he left. I released a shaky breath when he left the restroom.

Why was this happening to me? The last two weeks have been so terrifying and I had a feeling it was only going to get worse. If this is what the family Cassano brought, I didn't want to be part of it.

More time passed, which I hoped was a lot. The man finally returned and threw a pair of panties over my door. I caught it. They were a new pair but I was not going to put them on. I didn't even know where he got them from.

"Thank you so so much! I'll hurry as best as I can!" I promised.

"Please do so, Miss. Your brother is getting concerned."

I loudly tore open the pad and then I heard him leave the restroom. I used the wrapper of the pad to dumb the panties in the trash. I took my sweet time doing in. Then I had to get out of the restroom. He'd get suspicious if I would take any more time.

When I walked into the shop, I met the employee's eyes. She smiled at me which meant that she had called. But I didn't see any police cars. My heart dropped and I was about to start my other plan, but then a police car drove into the tank station.

The man next to me tensed and I acted as if nothing was happening. We stepped outside the shop at the same time as the policemen stepped out of the car. I met his eyes and just bolted towards them.

I'd expected the man to drag me back but he ran the other way and fled. The policemen gave me concerned looks as I finally stopped in front of them. My heart was racing and I could feel my hands shaking.

"The call came from you?" One of them asked.

"No, I gave the note to an employee. Those men tried to kidnap me."

He nodded while resting his hands on his hips.

"What's your name?"

I was about to say Charlotte but then shook my head.

"Elena Cassano."

The shock on their faces was immediate. I watched his hands drop before he shared a look with his partner.

"We'll take you to the station."

Was I tempted to get into a car with other men again? No!

But they were officers, I don't think that they would kidnap me as well. They also looked very scared at the mention of my new surname. I doubted that they want to hurt me.

So, I got in the car with them.

////////////////////////

Police stations stressed me out but this time wasn't so bad. They gave me snacks and hot chocolate. I was snacking on gummy bears when my three oldest brothers walked into the station.

The station already got tense due to my arrival. Officers gave me fearful looks and tried their utmost best to make sure I was comfortable. But it got ten times worse when the Cassano's stepped inside. It got dead silent and the tension was so thick that I nearly choked on it.

This was a perfect example of their power. Even the police were scared of them.

Silas stormed over to me and squeezed my face between his index finger and thumb. The man was angry, well he was always angry, but now he was extra angry. I scrunched my nose in annoyance because I was busy chewing on gummy bears when he decided to do this.

"You little... why the fuck did you get in the car with them?!"

"Silas." Theo placed his hand on his older brother's shoulder.

I had a whole mindfuck when I learned that Silas was older than Theo by two years. Theo was more mature in so many ways. Silas reluctantly let go of me and I swallowed before snapping at him.

"I followed his directions!" I pointed at Hector.

He was talking to the police officers that found me. They kept their heads down while talking to him. I'd told them what happened so they could write a report. When I asked if they needed descriptions of the men, they told me that my brother would deal with this situation.

The police told me that. I thought that only happened in movies.

"Are you hurt, tesoro?" Theo asked worriedly.

He placed his head against my forehead as I shook my head. I grabbed the bag of gummy bears and stuffed them in my mouth. I was starving. I felt like I had just run a marathon. I was exhausted and hungry.

"I want to eat and sleep," I mumbled with a mouth full.

"Let's go home. Greta had dinner ready for you, hm?" He smiled at me.

I got up from my seat and grabbed my backpack. I opened it and put all the snacks that I hadn't eaten in it. Snacks were terribly hard to find at the Cassano' Mansion. Mostly because Nicolas was like a fucking vacuum, he ate everything that came in his sight. Also, Silas was like the biggest health junkie and didn't allow many sweets in the house.

I needed something sweet. Especially after a traumatising experience.

"Don't eat that shit!" Silas snapped.

"You didn't just get kidnapped, I did! Get off my back!"

He glared at me but I closed my backpack and carried it on my back. Theo laid his arm around my shoulders and guided me outside the station. There was a car parked outside and he opened the door for me. I climbed inside and he followed. Silas sat down behind the driver's seat.

A few minutes later, Hector got into the passenger's seat. He didn't say anything, he'd barely acknowledged me. Silas drove off and right at this moment, I swore I was never going to get in the car with him again.

He drove like a psycho.

"Jesus, do you want us to crash?!" I yelled at him when he took a sharp turn.

"Shut it, brat!" He snapped at me.

He picked up speed. Theo and Hector seemed used to it but I dug my nails in the seat and closed my eyes tightly. I felt myself going sick.

"Drove slower, she looks pale," Theo told Silas.

He didn't slow down. My stomach turned and I placed a palm over my mouth. I was going to throw up.

"She's going to throw up!"

"Better not in my fucking car." Silas threatened me.

My stomach didn't listen.

I bend forward and threw up. My lunch, breakfast, and all those snacks came right out.

I hate throwing up with a burning passion. It's the scariest thing ever.

I always got panicked because I couldn't breathe. Tears streamed down my face and I felt Theo hold my hair back. This was truly the shittiest thing because I could feel myself getting sick.

"You're cleaning this up," Silas grumbled.

"Can you shut the fuck up?!"

Theo just cursed. I didn't think he did that. I sat up and saw Silas gaping at his younger brother in pure shock. Apparently, Theo doesn't curse a lot.

We'd arrived at the house. Theo helped me get out of the car. My knees felt weak and he tightly supported his arm around my waist. He opened the front door and suddenly everything became unclear.

I felt through my knees and Theo easily caught me.

"Elena?"

Everything turned black and I lost consciousness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 840 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
660K 10.6K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ •• "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
348K 6.5K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...
2.9M 54.7K 34
"It really is a shame that such a pretty face is about to get so fucked up." I say as I run my finger down his jawline. "Even more so that it was was...