Short Love Stories

By christheedon

Different love, different hearts. More

Namari & Bakari: Part One
Nadia & Von : Part One
Nadia & Von: The Beginning Chapters
Nia & Darius: Part One
Nomi & Khalil
Neema & Dayvon

Nova & Devonte

92 7 3
By christheedon

"Devonte please quit!" My best friend was doing way to much right now, yelling and shit. Devonte was saying the same shit he always tells me. Do I care? No, no I don't.

"Nah bruh, why do you always have to be disrespectful to Lori? It's fucking annoying." Devonte said while he gave me a mean ass glare. Which was hurting my feelings slightly, I hated when we argued. Devonte is my right hand man, I could call him for anything and he'll be there in a heartbeat, I don't know what I would do without him.

"Because I don't like her, that's why." I said truthfully, ever since Devonte got with Lori he's been distant with me. He's been missing my calls, turning down our hangouts and not to mention he missed my birthday party this weekend. I was livid, you're my best friend how could you miss something like that? Devonte and I had been connected to the hip ever since the third grade. I damn near cried when I got back home that night after my party.

He sucked his teeth. "Why every bitch I'm with you have a problem with it?"

"That's not even the case." I stressed he was making me upset because he didn't understand where I was coming from.

"You don't talk to me anymore, why is that?" I asked.

"You trippin' gang." He sucked his teeth again.

"Every time  you get into a relationship you always leave me behind. Like I'm not shit and I'm getting tired of it!" I stood to my feet since I was seated on his leather couch.

"You know what, I'm done talking to your ass. If you can't be my best friend and accept the fact Lori is going to be in my life then I don't know about us." He mumbled under his breath while he walked into the kitchen. Devonte just disregarded everything I just said.

Once I heard "I don't know about us" I instantly followed behind him into the kitchen.

"What did you just say to me?" I asked, at this point my feelings were hurt. I didn't do shit to this man, I only asked for more of his presence. I understand you have a girlfriend but don't forget about me. After this girl breaks your heart whose going to be there to pick up all the pieces? Me! It's been a repeated cycle ever since high school. Devonte doesn't give me enough credit and it shows very clearly.

"You heard what I said Nova." He shrugged opening the refrigerator door as if what he just said wasn't disrespectful.

"So you would pick your bitch over me?" I asked, I wanted to make sure I was hearing him correctly.

Devonte was quiet.

"Oh you can't speak bitch?" The word slipped from my mouth, I didn't mean to say it. Devonte hates the word.

"What the fuck did you call me?" Devonte snapped his head towards me since he was still looking through the fridge.

"If you don't want me in your life just say that then!"

"No fuck that. What did you just call me?" Devonte asked while he made his way closer to me, cornering me into a wall that was behind me.

"You're a bitch, thats what I said." He wasn't scaring anybody so I made sure I held my ground. Devonte would be a weird ass bitch in my eyes if he switched up on me like this.

"I'm a gangsta. I smack bitches." Devonte said while he cornered me into the wall, my back was against it now. I can tell he was getting angrier by the second. Since we've been around each other for so long I know exactly how to get under his skin and I was winning at the moment.

"You won't do shit bitch." I had the courage to call him a bitch again because who did he think he was?

"Nova." Devonte said while he grabbed both of my arms and placed it over my head harshly.

"You don't scare me." I said under my breath while me and him both stared each other down.

"Let me go." I said while my arms were still trapped above me, he made sure he gripped them harshly so I can understand he wasn't playing.

Our eye contact was so intense. The way Devonte was looking at me made my body warm up. It almost made me feel intimidated and cry out I was sorry for calling him a bitch.

"Stop calling me that shit and I'll let you go. I'm sick of your shit." He seethed.

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp but I couldn't, Devonte still towered over me, holding me hostage.

"Apologize and I'll let you go." Devonte said while he was dangerously close to my face.

Fuck that, I won't be apologizing because I meant what I said. I looked down at his lips and something triggered inside me to place my lips on his.

I leaned in to meet his lips halfway giving them a kiss that made my lady part tingle. I made sure I slithered my tongue into his mouth so I could explore it. Devonte was taken off guard for a moment but he got it together and kissed me back.

The kiss started to heat up which made me forget what we was arguing about in the first place. Ever since we've been friends we never did this before. We always kept a boundary between each other just in case if we did do anything like this, we didn't want to mess up our friendship.

Devonte finally released me which made me place my hand around his neck, then I pulled him closer to me.

"What you trying to do?" Devonte pulled away from my lips and then he slithered his hand around my neck giving it a light squeeze like I just did.

"Shut the fuck up." I said while I crashed my lips against his again. I then proceeded to touch his monster through his sweats. I knew what I was doing but didn't hold back. This felt right to me.

"I'm tired of you talking shit." He pulled away from my lips and then harshly turned me around against the wall, now my back was towards him.

"Mmm what are you going to do about it?" I moaned out while he gripped on to my hair and pulled it.

"Is this what you want huh?" He asked while he pressed his lower half into me so I could feel how I had him in this moment.

Since my back was still turned to him and the front part of my body was against the wall he snaked his hands into my pants and started to play with my clit.

Everything in this moment felt so good to me.

Fuck the fact that we were best friends and fuck the fact that he had a girlfriend.

Devonte then slipped two fingers into my sea, he was teasing me like crazy which was driving me insane.

"Damn you wet as fuck." Devonte said into my ear while he dipped his fingers into my wetness then back to my clit.

I turned myself around to look at him, he looked so sexy right now I wanted to do everything to him.  Devonte's eyes screamed sex and I was on the same page.

"Fuck. Just fuck me already." I said while I gave kisses on his neck while his palms cupped my ass.

"Babe!" We heard Lori yell from the front door.

Devonte and I both pushed ourselves away from each other with a quickness. Our little sex bubble that we were stuck in ended in a heartbeat.

I quickly ran to the bathroom before she made it to the kitchen and caught us in the act.

Once I safely made it to the bathroom without being seen from Lori, I softly closed the door and locked it.

"What the fuck, what the fuck." I lowly said to myself. My hear beat was beating so fast. My emotions were all over the place right now. I didn't know I could feel this way about him, his touch sent me to somewhere I never felt before.

"Get your shit together Nova." I looked at myself in the mirror. I fixed my hair, my clothes, and my face because I looked so flustered. Like "Hey Lori. I almost fucked your man." That's what my appearance was giving to me in the mirror.

Once I was able to calm down my nerves, I left the bathroom.

I walked down to the hallway and then I walked into the living room were I seen Devonte and Lori all cuddled up on the couch.

Devonte couldn't even look at me when I entered back into the living room.

"Hey girl." I smiled while I walked over to grab my shoes that was near the couch they were sitting on.

"Hi Nova. How are you?" She asked while she played in Devonte's brown locs.

"I'm good. How are you?" I asked while I gathered all my belongings quickly.

"I'm fine thanks." That was all that was said from Lori and I appreciated that. We did not have to talk like we fucked with each other, the bare minimum was fine with me.

"Dee, I'm leaving. Can you walk me out?" I questioned him.

It seems like he hesitated for a moment and then decided to get up to walk me to my car.

"It was nice seeing you Lori have a good one." I waved to her before I walked out with Devonte behind me.

"You too!" She yelled out after me.

Once me and Devonte walked out the front door it was silent. I was trying to figure out what I wanted to say to him. Devonte just continued to follow behind me to my car without saying anything.

Once I opened my car door Devonte finally spoke.

"Nova?"

"Hmm?" I looked at him. Usually I could read my best friend but at this moment I couldn't. I was shocked myself on what could've went down in that kitchen.

"Never mind, get home safely." Devonte said and then turned on his heels to walk back into his home.

-

It's been about two weeks since I've talked to Devonte. I haven't tried to call him either. I think that's what's best for right now. If he doesn't care to talk to me then what's the point to call him?

I will be seeing him today though. Devonte's mom always have a family dinner on Sundays. I missed the last two dinners so she called me the other day to make sure I was there and on time. I tried to make an excuse to get out of it but she wasn't having it. She could probably tell me and her son isn't fucking with each other right now.

After I finished my hair, I got dressed in a cute - comfy outfit. I had on a cute sweater that I bought from Fashion Nova. I dressed it with some boots and one of the many bags I have. Actually, Devonte bought me this Coach purse for Christmas one year. The memory made a smile appear on my face. Even though we're in a weird place right now I miss my friend. I always miss him whenever I'm not around him.

Once I was finished with my appearance I grabbed my belongings and left the house. I hoped into my car and made my way over to Devonte's mothers house. Before I made my way inside their house I said a quick prayer because I felt so nervous.

I stepped out of my car and made my way to the front door. It was a little chilly outside, I just hoped they opened the door quick.

"Hey baby." Devonte's beautiful mother greeted me once she opened the door for me.

"Hey mom." I smiled walking into the warm house. The smell of her cooking lingered in the air which made my stomach grumble a little bit.

"How are you doing?" She asked after she gave me a tight hug.

"I'm doing good. How about you?"

"I've been good but where yo' ass been?" She asked getting straight to the point, I knew she wasn't going to let that go before she seen me in person first.

"I've been busy mama." I laughed slightly.

"Busy my ass." She said while walking into the kitchen and I followed behind her.

"I know you and my son are arguing. Go up there and make up." She said while she stirred whatever she was making for dinner tonight.

"We're not arguing." I laughed.

"Nova." She looked at me.

"Go up there and make up he's been pouting for the last few days."

"Fine, fine. I'll go up there." I huffed turning on my heels to go up to his room.

"Thank you!" She yelled out after me once I left the kitchen. I laughed to myself and made my way upstairs to his bedroom. Devonte has his own place but his mom always kept a bedroom at her house for her kids.

"Hey Bubba." I called into Devonte's little brothers room once I reached upstairs. I've been in his life since he was born.

"Hey Nova." He said while his attention was on the video game he was playing.

I continued my walk down to Devonte's bedroom. His door was closed. I opened the door slightly and his room was dark and cold. He must be sleep.

I crept into his room and closed the door softly and locked it behind me. I kicked off my boots and climbed into bed with him. I could hear his light snores.

I laid beside him and wrapped my arm around his body. Devonte woke up and turned his body slightly to look at me.

"Nova?" Devonte grumbled with sleep in his voice.

"Hi." I softly spoke pushing my body against his more.

"Get off me gang." Devonte said while he turned around to face me, now his arms were placed over me.

"No." I pouted, even though he couldn't really see my face since his room was so dark.

"I missed you." I snuggled closer into his warmth.

"I missed you." He responded.

"Why have you been ignoring me then?"

"I'm not."

"Liar."

The room fell into a peaceful silence. My mind was running like crazy.

"What you thinking about?" His sleepy voice spoke out cutting my thoughts short.

"You." I said. Honestly, that's all I could think about these days. I knew we were only friends but I just can't get what happened out of my head.

"Why would you kiss me Nova? I still don't know what to think about that." He said.

"Because I wanted too."

"You know we don't do that-"

"I know but I just wanted too." I cut him off.

I scooted up closer to his face and placed my palm against his cheek. Without thinking twice I placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Nova."

"I know you don't see me like that but I think I'm starting to see you like that." I said truthfully. I might as well be honest with him. I feel like if you don't be honest with someone you won't get what you want and I want him. All these years I didn't know he was the one I wanted.

Devonte was silent, he even removed his arms from around me. I couldn't stand that he didn't say anything, I could cry right now but I won't.

I couldn't take the awkwardness anymore so I decided to get up and leave.

"Nadine where you going?" He asked calling me by middle name.

"I can't just sit here without you saying anything to me. I understand, you don't see me like that-"

"Shut up and get back in this bed." Devonte cut me off before I started to ramble.

Listening to his demand, I climbed back into his bed this time I wasn't close to him like I was before.

"Oh you can kiss me but can't be close to me anymore?"

"Come here girl." Devonte continued to say while he pulled me closer to him.

"Can you just give me some time to think about all this? I don't want to mess up our friendship Nova." He said while he gave my body a light squeeze.

Now I was silent.

"Oh you can't say anything now?" He ran his hand up and down my arm.

"You know what, just forget I said anything." I said under my breath. I didn't want to ruin our friendship either. I'll just let him be happy with his girlfriend.

"I'm going to see if your mom needs help in the kitchen. I'll see you in a little bit." I said getting out of the bed again.

"Nova!" He called out after me but I decided not to go back. I was almost in tears because he damn near turned me down. I'll respect his decision and keep my feelings to myself.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

712K 25.4K 39
please read, leave feedback, and share. ❤️
483 0 35
Some Will Love You Some Will Hurt You Some Want More Others Want Less
2.5K 177 50
❝ sometimes love isn't exactly what we think it's going to be. ❞ hearts & other breakable things by cassidy smith [ started: 2019 - 2021 ] [ edited...