GHOST CABIN ☆ EARTHMIX AU

By scorpiostarlight

Legend says that ghosts can be brought back to life if they find someone who will truly love them. But who wo... More

author's intro
starring
Prologue: the late summer night 1965
Part one: forever
Part two: serial killers & ghosts
Part three: ghost cabin
Part four: worth the death
Part five: promise for life
Part six: diary
Part seven: change of mind
Part eight: butterfly effect
Part nine: lake time
Part ten: punch a ghost
Part eleven: nature, philosophy, and animals
Part twelve: a blur of life
Part thirteen: nightmare
Part fourteen: ...ever again
Part fifteen: what's my age again?
Part sixteen: wild imagination
Part seventeen: old times
Part eighteen: the crossroads
Part nineteen: ...everything has changed
Part twenty: duty calls
Part twenty-one: watching you sleep
Part twenty-two: my hope
Part twenty-three: almost I love you
Part twenty-four: friendly chat with the bear
Part twenty-five: i want to
Part twenty-six: lonely wolf
Part twenty-seven: a second chance
Part twenty-eight: too much to handle
Part twenty-nine: free fall
Part thirty: a touch of a feather
Part thirty-one: everything was blurry
Part thirty-two: thank you
Part thirty-three: mission snowmen
Part thirty-four: warmth
Part thirty-five: the blushing game
Part thirty-six: there's a ghost in the cabin
Part thirty-seven: wedding, wedding, wedding...
Part thirty-eight: i can't leave him
Part thirty-nine: we might have a little problem
Part forty: experiment called love
Part forty-one: what's that floating thing in the air?
Part forty-two: the better part
Part forty-three: illusion
Part forty-four: a dream so beautiful...
Part forty-six: always
Part forty-seven: the necklace
Part forty-eight: fool in love
Part forty-nine: problem on the rise
Part fifty: the earthquake
Part fifty-one: tear of a heart
part fifty-two: the betrayal
part fifty-three: everything crumbles down
part fifty-four: hopeless
Part fifty-five: the goodbye pain
part fifty-six: the blood - over a half a century old
part fifty-seven: beating heart
part fifty-eight: the chicken emergency
part fifty-nine: the evil queen is not invited
Part sixty: the new year's kiss
Part sixty-one: his personal world
Part sixty-two: the rest of our lives
Part sixty-three: that someone
Epilogue: promise kept

Part forty-five: burning

754 57 9
By scorpiostarlight

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."

-  Oscar Wilde

"Ummm, it smells delicious. Too bad I can't eat," Earth said, coming from outside where he went to chop the wood because they were more or less running out of it  — the fireplace was eating the wood like it was candy!

"What do you mean, too bad?" Mix spun around in the kitchen, grinning at Earth, "at least everything will be mine."

"Everything is already yours, angel," Earth pecked Mix's cheek and looked in the oven where the first thirty pizza rolls were baking. 

Mix happily smiled for himself and wrapped his hands around Earth's waist from behind, "how did the chopping go?" he murmured between Earth's shoulder blades.

"We will have enough wood for the rest of the winter. I chopped everything I saw," Earth said with a proud face.

"Wow! I have such a strong boyfriend. Isn't he tired?"

"Ghosts can't get tired. Just wait when I'm human again; there's no way I'm chopping so much wood at once ever again," Earth chuckled.

Mix laughed, "I'll do it for you then."

Earth turned towards Mix, with a raised eyebrow, "have you ever done it before?"

Mix narrowed his eyes, glaring at Earth, "what do you think? That just because I came here from a city that that means that I have never chopped wood before?" 

Earth shrugged, an annoying grin playing on his face, "well I don't know, have you?"

Mix took his hands from Earth's waist and put them on his own, "yes I did, and if you won't stop, the next thing I'll chop will be you."

Earth backed away from Mix with oh so horrified expression, "oh God, no please don't. I'm scared! My adorable, soft, tiny, squishy boyfriend wants to chop me!"

"Earth —"

"That's — what am I gonna do?" Earth put his hands on his cracked heart.

"Earth!"

"Who's gonna help me?" Earth busted laughing and he backed away, even more, when he saw Mix approaching him.

Mix was pouting, his cheeks slightly more red than usual and his eyes were on fire. He looked adorable.

"You better run, 'cause once I catch you..."

"Ooops," Earth's eyes widened for a second and then — he ran.

Mix sprinted after him, hands stretched in front of him, almost getting ahold of Earth's white shirt. To be frank — it was extremely hard to play a sort of 'catch me if you can', in the cabin. There wasn't much space, on ordinary days, so during Christmas, it was even worse.

"Careful! The tree!" Earth yelled, in the middle of whatever the hell they were doing, he slowed down just to make sure that the tree was not about to fall down and make a disaster out of their lovely masterpiece.

But slowing down wasn't the greatest idea ever as it put Earth into the merciless hands of his scary boyfriend. Before Earth could realize what was happening, his back hit a big white fluffy carpet they put in front of the Christmas tree to make it look cozier. Because according to their new motto: nothing is cozy enough not to be able to become even cozier.

"Got you," Mix breathed out, his hands on the floor, hovering over Earth. Earth's eyes had that mischievous spark in them, making Mix wonder what would Earth do next.

"You seem to like when we chase each other around. One might think you have a weird kink," Earth said with a teasing undertone.

Mix internally rolled his eyes but he won't back away so easily, "and what if I do, hmm?"

Earth looked shocked for a fraction of a moment and the then awkwardly laughed, "Yeah, I mean, that's fine, completely understandable, I mean—"

Mix shook his head, chuckling, "shut up," he leaned down, stopping Earth in midsentence, capturing his lips with his own. Not giving Earth any chance to continue his rambling, Mix deepened the kiss, one of his hands running down Earth's neck, down to the collar bone, tickling it with his fingers, and then down under Earth's shirt, feeling Earth's almost warm skin.

Earth pushed Mix closer to himself, his hands gently stroking Mix's spine. He groaned into the kiss — feeling Mix's teeth softly nibbling on his lower lip — was drawing him crazy. He wanted Mix so much. Mix's warm, soft and perfectly curved body — Earth could feel Mix's every move as if it was his own. The delicate skin and its light but so heavenly addicting scent of rain and peaches — Earth never had a favourite scent, but now he did. And he couldn't understand how it wasn't everyone else's favourite scent. How come people just didn't want to hug Mix every time they were around him, just to get intoxicated with that addicting scent of his angel at least for a brief moment.

Earth grabbed Mix's neck, deepening the kiss, their tongues dancing together slowly, way too slowly, for it only lighted the flame of Earth's desire even more. He could taste Mix on his lips on his tongue, so vividly it was waking up every inch of his body, it felt like flowers blooming on his skin.

He needed Mix. He needed him as much as he needed to breathe. He wanted him as much as he wanted his heart to beat. But they couldn't, not yet. Not while he was still like that. He could feel Mix's hand under his shirt, slowly caressing his chest, the other hand opening up his shirt more and more, while Mix's quiet moans were filling the air around them. Earth kissed Mix one more time and then with a frustrated groan he gently pushed Mix off of himself and sat up.

Mix was laying on the white fluffy carpet, his eyes dazed and a little bit confused, his chest was going up and down fast as he was trying to catch his breath. "I'm sorry I got carried away. I —" he pushed himself up, on his knees and moved closer to Earth and started butting up the shirt he unbuttoned only moments ago. "Here you go," he smiled at Earth, "as if nothing had happened."

"Mix," Earth took Mix's softly shaking hands in his own, "I didn't push you away because I don't want it. Goddamnit, you have no idea how badly I want you right now."

"Then why?" Mix's voice was almost inaudible.

"Because we can't. Not like this. Not while I'm still a ghost. I don't want you to sleep with a dead man, Mix. As long as my heart is not beating; I am dead. No matter how alive I might seem to you. I'm dead, Mix. I love you too much to ignore it. I couldn't possibly forget myself if I did."

The heaviness in Mix's heart rose as fast as it settled down, he engulfed Earth in a warm gentle hug, kissing the crook of Earth's neck, "I love you. Thank you for carrying about me so much. Honestly, I —never thought about it like that. Maybe I should have."

"Mix, I want you to feel my heart. I want you to feel how fast it will beat right at that moment. I want to make love to you, with your hand on my heart, so you would feel, feel how fast it's beating for you, only for you. You are the only reason why it will beat again and the only person for whom it will be beating again. And I want you to not only hear it from me; I want you to feel it, honest and real. Because you deserve nothing less and you should never settle for anything less, and I make sure you never will."

"Please stop," Mix sniffed, "I don't wanna cry."

Earth stroked Mix's hair, "I'm quiet now."

They stood like this for a few more moments until...

"Do you smell it too?" Earth suddenly asked.

Mix let go of Earth, mouth opened, eyes wide, "my pizza rolls!" In a flash, Mix was in the kitchen area, opening the oven and coughing as the smell and smoke of burned food entered his lungs. Most of the pizza rolls were dark brown some even totally burned, safe to say Mix won't be eating those.

"And this is what you get when you can't control your chasing kink," Earth laughed.

Mix elbowed Earth but laughed too, "I wasn't being serious."

"You weren't?" Earth pouted, "too bad, I was getting some very interesting ideas."

To be continued...

P.S. now I want pizza rolls 🤤🍕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 2 11
When people visit you every single day, it's hard to get lonely. Unless you're a ghost. Actual it gets quite annoying. In fact it's heart breaking...
66.6K 3K 32
I've been loving you since the first time we met. I've been loving you at the first hello. Will you ever be mine? As I am always being yours. *Discla...
10.6K 344 11
The Junjou Romantica/Egoist/Terroist all go to a cabin for vacation. Once they arrive at the cabin, they start experiencing paranormal activity. They...
46 3 6
No one in their right mind would strike up a conversation with a stranger in the middle of the woods. But what if a curious boy did? Lore might soon...