My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 32

25.2K 692 33
By ElaheKarami

Alison snuggled closer to Alex's side. They had sat on the blanket once again staring at the city in comfortable silence. A blanket was around both of them. Alex had one of his arms around Alison and was holding her hand with the other while drawing circles on the back of her hand. Their heads were leaning on each other.

"It was a wonderful night. I'm happy that you made it." whispered Alison and glanced at Alex as she felt him straighten his head. She saw him frowning. "Today when Mason left suddenly and Marisa said it must be because of Volkov, I was afraid you leave as well."

Alex looked back at the city. "I'm not gonna lie." he said and Alison regretted talking about the subject as she saw him scowl and clench his jaw. "I would have gone with them If they didn't believe that I'm still underage." He said and turned to Alison and his eyes softened. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. "But It doesn't mean I didn't want to be with you tonight. For me, it's not an old feud for taking revenge. Now, you are engaged as well. You have been attacked once. I can't sleep at night knowing that you are in constant danger. The sooner we kill Volkov the better."

Alison took his hand in hers and looked at him worriedly. "Don't put yourself in danger because of me, please." she said. "I can't bear if anything happens for you because of me."

"It's too late now, love. I would go to any extent to protect you." he said and looked away and his eyes became cold. "But it's not only because of you. It's because of Harrison as well."

"Harrison?" asked Alison confused.

"My brother." answered Alex.

"I didn't know you have a brother." said Alison surprised.

"Had," corrected Alex and looked back at now frowning Alison. "I had a brother. Vladimir Volkov killed him."

Alison gasped and put a hand on her mouth. "They were three friends." said Alex. "Harrison, your stepbrother, Mason, and Ben Williams. They were inseparable. Like you and your friends."

Alison put a gentle hand on his arm. "Alex, you don't have to tell me. It's alright." she said softly with sad eyes. Her heart clenched as she saw his painful eyes. 

He shook his head and continued. "I want you to know." he said. "They were 18 when that incident happened. Maybe you don't know, but Albert King's wife did not die of childbirth. She was heavily pregnant with the little twins when Volkovs attacked them and she was shot. The doctors could only save the twins."

Alison was shaking a bit now and was breathing hard. She was scared and shocked. Only god knows what kind of sorrow and pain the other King men had gone through at the death of their mother and wife that way. 

"Mason who was 18 at the moment didn't take it well." continued Alex. "He was more hotheaded that time. Afterward, the Kings attacked Volkoves and killed their leader, Vladimir's father, and destroyed their mafia, but Vladimir and a few of their men ran away. Mason, Ben, and Harrison found his lair one night and stupidly attacked him themselves, without waiting for backup. But Vladimir who was five years older and had more experience than them in mafia matters overpowered them. The three of them were on the verge of dying, but Harrison was the worst with a bullet wound on his chest. So he ushered Mason and Ben to run away and dragged Vladimir with himself into the ocean." he paused and clenched and unclenched his fist. But then felt a small and warm hand taking his hand reassuringly. He brought Alison's hand up and plant a kiss on her knuckles. "Harrison died that night." he continued. "His body was found a few days later on the shores, but there was no sign of Vladimir. We all were thinking that he has died. My father never forgave Mason and Ben. So did Mason. He never forgave himself and became the cold man he is now."

Alison hugged him tight when he ended. "I'm sorry, Alex." she said. "It must have been so hard for you. I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, Alie." he said softly and kissed her temple. "It was eight years ago. I was ten years old. I lost my rock in life. He was a great brother, but seeing my parents in pain of losing their son was worse."

"Poor Mason." said Alison as she pulled away. "It must have been hard for him to lose his mother and someone like a brother at the same time. It must have been hard for Ben as well."

"That is why both families are thirsty for Volkov's blood." said Alex and looked at Alison who nodded in understanding. "Now I told you one thing about myself. I want to know one thing about you. Tell me about your previous boyfriend."

"What?" asked Alison. "What do you want to know about him? I thought you already know everything."

"I know what I needed to know." answered Alex and pulled her to his side again. "I want to know more."

Alison sighed. "I was 14 when Fred asked me to be his girlfriend," said Alison and smiled at remembering those days. "He was a sweet boy, caring and handsome, kind and energetic. he was great at every possible thing."

Alex growled and pulled her more to him possessively. "I regret mentioning the asshole." he snarled.

Alison giggled and kissed his cheek. "It was for 3 years ago." she said. "Don't act like a caveman."

"I'm not sure if I want to hear more." grunted Alex.

"But now you should." huffed Alison and continued. "Of course I accepted immediately. How could I reject him who was blushing like the red rose that he was offering me?"

"I should have bought you flowers today." grumbled Alex under his breath.

Alison smiled and continued. "We were a happy couple as everyone had named us. He had become part of our group as well. But that happiness didn't last long." she said and Alex saw her sad eyes staring at the city lights. He didn't cut her off this time and let her continue. "For two years we were together. Everything was awesome until one day, everything changed. It was a month before starting school when suddenly Fred went off the grid. He didn't answer his phone and was nowhere to be found. I was shocked when he came back a week after starting school, but not only because of his return but because of how he returned. He had turned into a completely different person. The school's good boy suddenly turned into the school's bad boy. He had become ruthless and always angry, always was in fights. I tried to talk him out of it, but my efforts were in vain. One day he showed up at my door, asking to stay for a few days. Of course, I let him in, because I still loved him. But everything changed dramatically when police showed up a few hours ago, searching for him." she paused and gulped before continuing with Alex's encouraging squeeze on her hand. "He held me hostage and used me as bait to be able to run away. I still can feel the blade on my neck. But still, he was gentle with me, and finally, when police surrounded us after a few hours and he didn't see any exits, he surrenders himself. He is in the juvie now. Turned out that he had joined a gang."

Alex clenched his fists but didn't say anything for the sake of Alison. That fucker had some nerves to put his angel in danger like that. He didn't like the look of sadness in Alison's eyes. He pulled her into his lap and captured her lips for the hundredth time that night. He simply couldn't help himself. "I'm sorry for what you have gone through. I promise you never experience something like that with me."

"No, I won't." laughed Alison. "You are already the bad boy who owns a gang. What else could come more?" she then looked at his eyes and caressed his jaw tenderly and watched him close his eyes. "I really like you, Alex. You are dangerous, I know, but you make me feel safe. You warmed my heart again. I don't regret being with you."

"I like you as well, Alison." answered Alex who's heart melted at hearing her confess. "More than you can imagine."

Alison smiled and kissed his lips. Alex turned her so she was straddling him without breaking the kids and he slowly laid down, taking her with him. Once they pulled away, Alison laid down next to him and he pulled her to his chest and covered her body with the blanket. 

"Isn't it dangerous that we are here?" asked Alison. "They can attack us any moment."

"Don't be worried." answered Alex and snaked an arm under her head and let her lay her head on his arm while he caressed her hair gently. "Our men are guarding the two sides of the road and besides, before we leave the property, another Porsche like mine left there with four other SUVs."

"A diversion." purred Alison, enjoying the feeling of his hand between her hair.

Alex chuckled and kissed her forehead. "Just a little bit more of this peace and then we will return." he said and closed his eyes as well, inhaling in her addictive scent.

************************* 

Mason twisted the guy's hand and shot him in the head quickly. The blood that poured around, dotted his white dress shirt with blood more than before. "The west wing is clear." he heard Ben's serious voice in his earpiece as he saw one of his men walking into the room and nodding to him. "We are clear in the east wing as well." he replied. "But don't put your guards down. Keep searching again. We will meet at the front door in half an hour."

It was six in the morning. They had attacked the warehouse that Mason's men had found. The warehouse surely belonged to Volkov. It was a huge building hidden in woods, full of weapons and men. It sure was a great hit for Volkov.

half an hour later, Mason walked into a room, searching for some lead to Volkov's whereabouts. Two men were laying on the ground, dead. He was searching the room when suddenly one of the men's phones rang. He didn't pay it any heed and continued to do his search, but when it went off again he walked to it suspiciously and picked the phone. 

"Good morning, Mason." Vladimir's deep voice filled his ear once he touched the green button and his blood boiled. He looked around and saw a camera on the top corner of the room. Volkov was watching them all that time. That was why he knew where Mason was. "I wish you are enjoying your little victory. Make sure to dance while you can." said Volkov.

"Don't tell me you didn't enjoy the show, Volkov." smirked Mason keeping his cool face. He walked behind a computer that was there and hacked into the surveillance system and disconnected it from any networks. "I wish I have made you mad by destroying your warehouse."

"Oh don't worry yourself." said Volkov nonchalantly. "I should admit it was a good move from you, but it was a small part of my resources."

"So you just bothered yourself this much to call me only to praise my great plan?" asked Mason. "I'm touched."

"Of course not." said Volkov. Mason could almost see his nasty smirk. But the next words he said were so cold and serious and promising. "I just called to warn you, King. You had your move. Now it's my turn."

And with that, the line went dead. Mason threw the phone at the wall angrily just as Ben walked in. Ben had a wound on his arm but it didn't look bad. He frowned when he saw the phone and Mason's angry face and so Mason told him everything.

"That son of a bitch." growled Ben and ran a hand through his head. "I can't wait to choke him to death."

Mason walked to the door. "Yet we should consider his threat." he said and walked out of the room followed by Ben. He saw Dean, Mark West's first man, walking to them. He was the leader of Gray Wolves' men. "We will leave some of our men here to collect the weapons and pieces of evidence they find and ship them to New york. The rest will return." said Mason and Dean nodded. "Also, tell West to be more careful. Volkov called just now saying that he will have his revenge. We should not take it lightly."

He walked to the door while barking orders at his men. He was going to increase guards around the house back in New York. This time he wouldn't let Volkov take away another member of his family. He was going to make sure of it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.6K 2.1K 31
Ten years. It's been ten years since the boys have been held up in prison cells for accounts such as murder, drug possession and robbery. Four years...
896 27 23
Bella's parents left her and her little brother Elijah with their grandma when Elijah was born. All of her cousins parents did the same thing each ti...
29.4K 976 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
17.9K 344 18
Ali and Caleb have known each other since they were five. Their parents were friends for years until a death and a divorce. Now that Ali's mom and C...