In Debt To The Devil

By ElysianHer

"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million... More

Author's Note
Playlist
Prologue:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
SEQUEL
Part two

Chapter 18

1.5K 40 0
By ElysianHer

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. As I walked into the bathroom I realised that today I looked better than the rest of the days. I sighed. I began getting ready for work. I decided that I was going to wear a high ponytail. I did a brown shade smoky eye look and put black colour eyeliner. That in a way brought out my darker shade of chocolate brown eyes. I put on red lipstick and decided that I wanted to look really stunning. I was feeling like it and decided what I was going to put on. I wore a low black see through corset top that showed only my stomach. The neckline was low so people could see my a glimpse of my cleavage. I tucked it into my black and thin white checks pants with a matching blazer. I paired the outfit with my black stilettoes with red heels at the bottom of the shoe. I picked up my bag and went downstairs. I saw Stefan eating his breakfast. I decided that today I will have breakfast at home so I sat on the stool a little far away from him.

"Good morning Diana! Having breakfast from home today?" Maria asked.

"Yes. I would also like some black coffee with the---" I looked over her shoulders to see what was for breakfast.

"Pancakes." She helped me out and smiled. She turned around and went to serve my pancakes.

"You look really lovely today! What is the occasion?" She asked. I sneaked a glance at Stefan who was clutching his fork really tightly. I smiled at Maria and answered.

"Got a little lonely wanted to grab some attention." I said. The entire sentence was hinted at Stefan and yet he didn't turn. I took a sip of my coffee and then bit into the pancakes. I moaned because it was delicious. As I took the next two bites I realised my stomach was not feeling good. I got up quickly.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" Maria asked as looked at me worriedly.

"Yes! I just forgot something. I will be right back." I said as I ran out of the kitchen and upstairs to my bathroom. I walked in and got on knees before throwing up the four bites of pancake I had just eaten. As soon as it was out of my system and I had cleaned myself up. I walked back down.

"You didn't forget anything?" Maria asked.

"Oh, uhm no. I-I- I thought I did but, I believe it is right ah, oh! Right here." I said as I rummaged through my bag and pretended I was looking for my battery bank for my phone. I smiled at Maria.

"I need to get to work. I will see you later on bye Maria. Have a good day!" I said.

"Bye honey! Have a good day too." Maria said. I nodded at her and walked out of the kitchen. Today was the day Kristen project would start and I had to get to office in time. I remember Dove telling me everything had to be perfect for Mr. Black. She was about to say so that he appreciates her instead of Ky- and then she must have realised she was still talking to me and was not alone so she repeated that it had to perfect for Mr. Black. I looked down and rolled my eyes. Not at her but at Mr. Black. Terrorising everyone thinking he is better than everyone.

Alan was there looking stoic and had an entirely blank look on his face.

"Is everything alright?" I asked worriedly as Alan had not said a word throughout the last fifteen minutes.

"Everything is fine miss." He answered curtly.

"No it is not. You haven't said a word since yesterday evening and I am afraid it is because of the consequences of my actions yesterday before." I said softly.

"No ma'am. You are also my boss and; I told on you to Mr. Black. He had given me some other instructions and after the first hour I panicked if he doesn't find out from me that I had disobeyed his order then I would lose my job. I was being selfish even though I should also believe in your command." He sighed as he answered.

"So, he didn't scold you did he?" I asked afraid Stefan might have threatened him with something.

"Not at all Miss. He gave me a raise this morning and smiled at me for the very first time I must add at how I was truthful. I know I got you in trouble though." He said sadly. I leaned forward and put my hand on his shoulder. He stiffened in surprise.

"It is quite alright. I don't know what I would have done if I wasn't in such responsible and honest hands. I am sorry I put you in that position. In that fear. I was angry at him and I put you at risk too. Besides, I can handle Stefan." I said and he smiled.

I could not handle Stefan. I felt angry at him when he was not around and I heard his name. When he was around and had his hands on me in hurting manner it made me lose all thought. His eyes on me having this intensity of an emotion I didn't quite know it made me feel different. It was as if he sucked out all the air in my lungs I forget how to breathe yet I am still alive next to him. Like he would protect me no matter what.

"How are your grandchildren?" I asked to make him return to old Alan. He told me that his grandson had got a really good interest football and he wanted to pursue that in high school. Football was the soccer in America that he was talking about. One of his granddaughter's was a very avid reader and the other one was a really good artist. At the moment she loved shading only with the pencil. I took note of that.

We reached the office soon and I walked in the lobby. I noticed so many people were looking at me. I walked over to Iris.

"Is something wrong today?" I asked as I looked at the people around me staring.

"It is your pretty outfit." She said as she gawked as well.

"Well, I felt like a power badass boss vibe today and went with that." I said with a shy smile.

"Well, it is working out for you. I am sure that Dove is going to be pissed." Iris said as she giggled.

"Do I pay you to chat with my employees or get ready for the big day today Miss Martin." I heard the devil's voice from behind me. I rolled my eyes at Iris and she bit her lip to hide her smile.

"I apologise Mr. Black. I will be right on my way up." I said without looking at him and went into the lift. I looked at his figure approaching from behind me in my direction trying to get in the lift but, instead I closed the doors and he was not able to get in. I smiled to myself. As soon as I reached the top floor I grabbed a few things from my office and went down to 30th floor where I was greeted my hustle bustle and Dove in a very tiny dress. It had thin straps and a low cut to show off her cleavage.

As soon as she found me she pushed everyone from her way and marched her way through to me. "Our photographer is running late and our male model is sick and all the backups already have got shoots. What are we going to do?" She asked me frantic and wide eyed.

"Step one: Calm down. Step two: Relax. Deal with Mr. Black and this model who you said needs to be put in her place. Step three: Give me the plans and stuff. I will go over them and make sure that everything is going to be fine." I said as I patted her back and made her sit down. I clicked my fingers and called one of the younger staffs and asked her to get a coffee for Dove. I reassured that I will get everything ready and Mr. Black would be pleased.

I walked off and called the photographer. He said his train was late and he was at least an hour away if his train wouldn't get there on time. I called Alan and made sure that he picked him up. He would be fifteen minutes late but, we had time. I made sure that I called all the model agencies in our contact and reconfirm for any models who could be free. Unfortunately they were all booked. I had an idea but, I had to wait for the model, the photographer and Mr. Black to come.

I took idea two and decided to look for any male model worthy employees. As I was looking through the file I bumped into someone and I looked up to find Hayden. I looked down at my file and then back at him.

"Are you okay? Sorry for bumping into you. I was looking for Mr. Black. All I found is a really tense Dove who was muttering something I didn't understand." He said as he helped me pick up my file and his as well.

I smirked and he furrowed his eyebrows in visible confusion.

"Okay, I am here thank you for sending that driver. Really joyful lad." The photographer Dean said. Dean was Korean and he was smiling in the most sweet manner.

"Marlee will help you set up and make adjustments to the shoot, lighting whatever you need. Even if you want coffee she will be at your beck and call. Have you seen our model?" I asked.

"Yes, really pretty." He said.

"Now, what do you think of him." I said as I pulled Hayden next to me using his wrist. He narrowed his eyes at Hayden and looked up and down. Hayden looked utterly confused.

"Splendid." Dylan said.

"Great. I have to ask Mr. Black something and then everyone can join you." I said.

Dylan was taken away by Marlee.

"What are doing? What is happening?" Hayden asked.

I was about to answer when I heard dead silence. No one was talking and everyone was looking at lift entrance. I looked in that direction and saw Stefan enter with model herself. She looked extremely beautiful. As I looked at them I saw how closely they were walking. His hand on her low back and she cozing up in at his side. I furrowed my eyebrows. Were they close? I asked myself. The model was wearing a really red bralette and a low waisted skirt with slits on both sides starting high. The outfit was definitely skimpy. Stefan then caught my gaze and looked down. I looked down and noticed he was looking at my hand that was holding Hayden's wrist. I looked back in his eyes and they were hard, cold and filled with anger. The model and he approached us.

"Hayden, Miss Martin. Please meet Kylie Ross. Our model." He said my name through gritted teeth.

"Our male model cancelled and I think Hayden would be a splendid replacement." I said.

"Fine by m-" he was cut off my Dylan who was not at our side.

"Gorgeous." Dylan said as he looked between Stefan and Kylie. Her name sounded familiar.

"I beg your pardon?" Dove asked. She also got here.

"Perfect pair for the shoot." Dylan smiled as he looked at them.

"Oh, no. Mr. Black isn't going to be the model..." Dove said as she looked at me.

"The male model perfect for the job is Hayden." I said as I patted his chest to show Dylan who I was talking about. I ignored the heated angry glare I felt on me.

"The pictures would gain as much attention as this pair would." Dylan said, "Miss Ross and Mr. Black. Their names itself together would cause a stir." He said.

"That is not the plan." Dove said.

"Well, think about it. If Mr. Black poses for the pictures it will show how dedicated he is to the new project. The marketing team would really be happy I think." Dylan said.

"That definitely would work." I heard Garret say from behind Dylan. I furrowed my eyebrows, when did he get here?

"But, I don't think they look like a great couple." Dove said as she glared at Garret who spoke for Dylan's idea.

"Trust me it will look beautiful. Like just see these two would also grab the attention and look beautiful." Dylan said as he pointed between Hayden and I. I looked at him completely taken aback.

"I do agree with you. Our looks would look good." Hayden said as he put his hand on my back.

"Ow!" Kylie said as she held her hand as if it was in pain.

"Sorry." Stefan apologised to her and then looked at Hayden and I with a really hard glare. His look on Hayden was way more deadly. Hayden would be six feet under.

"What was that for honey?" Kylie asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. How well did they know that for her to call him that?

"I am sorry. I was just not understanding the delay as to why we can't start the shoot. I mean our photographer as already deemed us to be great." Stefan said as he smiled at Kylie and then kissed her neck and then looked directly at me and smirked. I glared and narrowed my eyes at him.

"I think Dylan you do have a great eye. I also suggest that the couple made for each other's pictures be taken. So that we get done with launch and some of us can do actual stuff that requires brains and not orders from others. Mr. Black I do think you will make a really great model taking orders from Dylan without having to use your brain today. Must need a break from all the problems regarding assets and what not in your life. Plus I believe you will really enjoy the company." I said as I gave him a fake sweet smile and then walked away. Dove followed me.

"The dig at Mr. Black and Kylie was great. The dig of her doing a job where she had to use no brains and the fact that Mr. Black enjoying the company. The way you said with pure disgust was so dignified and great." Dove grinned at me.

"Hey, I was rude in a very indirect manner. But, in the end all your efforts to make the visions our art directors come to life will make Mr. Black appreciate you. Since you wanted this to be a success." I said. Dove was clearly shocked at my kind words. To be honest so was I. But, it was true even though she was doing this to plaese Mr. Black. She got things done. Every detail down. She reminded me of Mia was when we worked together. How many shoots we organised. How many magazines we launched. How many fashion shows we covered. How many boutiques we helped with design ideas. I sighed as I missed it all of things I would done with my best friends.

"Miss Martin. Mr. Black said he needed some help. He is in his dressing room. Miss Kepler the photographers wants to discuss some of the arrangements." Marlee said from behind us.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Dove, why don't you go and help Mr. Black. I will make sure to help Dylan." I said as I nodded my head in an understanding manner. To convey she can be close to Stefan.

"Right." She said as she smiled and walked off.

I breathed out and walked over to Dylan. He was complimenting the flower combinations and the colours and was wondering if a few extra pearls could be added to the flower arrangement and create a little bit of a curtain with pearls and the extra different coloured glass balls. I made sure the arrangement team would create it in time for the picture.

"Diana." I heard Dove looking sad and almost in tears. I furrowed my eyebrows at her sad face.

"What happened?" I asked worried.

"He- he wants to discuss something with you and when I was talking about the shoot was turning out he was acting so dismissive and I felt all this effort would go to waste if he couldn't even appreciate it. I worked myself over this for so much time and I thought it really looked pretty and now- now he doesn't even care." She said as she looked so defeated.

"Hey everything is really pretty and all this effort is going to make sure of it. Dylan also came up with a wonderful idea for the plain background we couldn't figure what to do with. Why don't you go check that out and I will go see what Mr. Black wants." I asked her.

"Okay. Thank you." She said and walked off. I looked back at her and found myself getting angry at Stefan. Dove had really worked hard to please him with his splendid arrangement and he couldn't even appreciate her. I mean usually the wife will not like the husbands affairs and here I was angry at Stefan. Guess I prefer feminism over the normal married couple things. I laughed at myself married couple. We aren't a married couple we are a business deal. I huffed as I stormed into his dressing room. I opened the room and saw him standing in front of the mirror trying to get his bow tie right. I narrowed my eyes at him. I slammed the door shut getting his attention. He looked a little shocked but, recovered quickly.

"You are nothing but, mean, cruel and heartless. You couldn't even appreciate Dove could you? She worked herself to the bone to please you. She clearly likes you and wanted to make sure that you are pleased with the organization on this entire shoot and you couldn't even tell her it was a job well done when you knew that it was a job done with the highest standards. I mean you just had to be heartless. I mean I wouldn't have expected any less from you." I scoffed at him.

"I needed to see you and that dumb girl before just sent Dove instead of you." He shrugged.

"She delivered the message to the right person. The person didn't want to be near you. I sent Dove to help because I can't stand you, your attitude and your constant tricks. I despise you so planned to stay away." I said as I crossed my arms in front of me and looked away from him.

"Why don't you come and say that a little closer. Because the distance you have between us surely makes me think you are actually scared of me." He said as he smirked at me.

"I am not scared of you. I just want to breath properly. You suck the air near yourself so much that a person within a few inches from you will have no oxygen to breath in. You are that selfish. You take more oxygen than required. Guess the extra oxygen makes your head big as well." I told him.

"Still scared I see." He said, "I mean only a few people can really come up and close to me. Like my friends, dumb enemies, floozies, Dove and especially Kylie. Today she just has the power badass boss vibe to her." I looked back as he repeated the words I had told Iris this morning. I narrowed my eyes at him and he continued, "Shows what a coward you are for someone who likes to talk big, act big, dress big." That was it. That was my last straw. I stalked up to him and stood right in his face squaring him.

"I am not a coward." I smirked at him.

"No, you are not but, an idiot is definitely something you are." Stefan said as he smirked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I noticed his hands moving forward. I gasped and tried to run away but, his hands enclosed my waist and pulled me up and made me sit on the dressing counter in front of him. He stood in between my legs as one of his hand was on my waist while the other one right to my thigh. My breath hitched and I felt a shiver as he pulled me flush against him. I put my hands on his shoulders to make myself have some support.

"Now you are at my mercy." He said.

"I was always at your mercy. The devil's mercy." I said softly.

"Good thing you know your place then." He said.

"What do you want from me?" I asked. I ignored the heat and the electricity jolts that were zipping through my entire body and especially between my legs where Stefan was standing. Stefan's thigh was quite hard and his muscles poked me a little.

"Your obedience. You really were looking close to Hayden out there. You also seemed quite confident that you could take a dig at me in front of everybody." He said leaned forward. I looked down at his white shirt.

"I really despise you. I don't fear you. You are full of shit and waste of human existence." I said. He pulled me closer as he pressed into my body. His hand other resting next to me behind my neck and held tightly to it.

"I wouldn't say that if I were you sweetheart." He said as I felt his lips next to my ear and his warm breath on my neck. I felt my breath hitch and my whole body shiver as he let his hand from my waist wander from the nape of my neck to my tailbone using a finger slowly dragging it beneath my blazer. It felt torturous. I heard myself whimper softly.

"You also shouldn't wear the clothes that ask people to come onto you. Especially this top. It will make any man lose his mind." He said.

"Then you must be mental by now." I said.

"I was within the first three seconds." He said into my ear.

"That is impossible." I said.

"The first second I was in shock of you. The second I was angry that the entire male population near you would want to put theirs hands on you or rake their eyes across your figure." He said.

"Let me tell you a secret every man has already done that without you around. And I could see them enjoy it." I whispered in his ear. His grip on my neck was tighter.

"Don't tell me such stuff. It will make me into a serial killer." He said.

"How do you plan on killing them with your words that will cause them to become bored. Your face or your voice?" I asked.

"With my bare hands. I will tear apart their limbs and break their bones." He said.

"You can't do that." I said.

"You don't know me." He said.

"I know you enough. You are the devil." I said.

"I had really good thought in my third second. Guess you will never know will you?" he whispered and moved away. Taking all contact from us away. I felt cold like I did the night a few days back. I breathed in deeply not knowing I had been holding my breath for so long. Stefan went back to trying to get his bow tie right. I walked in front of him and took it from his hands. It caused our fingers to touch I felt a shock go through them. I recovered from the shock that spread throughout my body and tied the bow tie for him.

As I finished and adjusted it. I looked at his entire look from bottom to top and then my eyes settled on his which staring at me with great intensity. Was he staring at me this entire time? Why would I care? I broke contact first as I began walking out the door. His hand reached out and pulled me back. My back was to his front. He circled his arms around my waist and I felt his breath near my ear.

"Try to hide your jealousy wifey." He said as he let go and walked in front of me. Just as he was about to open the door I spoke up, "I would rather die than have feelings for you husband." He seemed to stiffen at my comment but, maybe it was just him stopping to hear what I had to say. He opened the door was outside pretty fast.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I touched my neck and chest where I could hear my eyes beat fast. My eyes seemed dilated. I hugged my blazer as I tightened it around me because I was feeling cold. It was just like that night. I rubbed my arms and hugged myself to feel warm.

"Hey, are you coming to see the shots Dylan is taking some of the poses with the jewellery is really looking beautiful." Garret asked. I nodded my head and followed him.

Garret was right some of the shots were coming out beautifully. The set and the jewellery were really looking great together. The last few shots were closeups.

"Don't they look so much in love?" I heard Hayden ask. I looked at him standing beside me.

"I mean if they dated before you can always see the love." Marlee said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"They dated?" I asked.

"Yes, it was quite serious some said he was going to propose. It was like they were soulmates. He had this look in his eyes. The twinkle when he looked at her or the mention of her name." Marlee said.

"I mean he has been looking like that recently too. Always lost in thought." Hayden said.

"Recently?" I asked.

"Yeah he has been looking that for the past seven months. When he had his constant trips to New York. Some say Kylie was in the States and he was seeing her in New York." Marlee said.

I was in New York. For the five months we have been married and the first two before the marriage he used to come to New York. He was coming to see her. He is still is seeing her. He is still cheating on her with his floozies if he is so serious about her. Why does it hurt to think about the two of them together? She was the one the girl's in the bathroom during our engagement announcement. It was her who made her happy all this while. She liked him and he liked her equally back. I never liked him from day one. He looks good, he has saved me from a man coming onto me twice but, why do I still feel like I was hoping he would like me? I shook my head of his thoughts.

"Okay this is going to be the last shot we will take. Make it intimate. This jewellery piece has ruby showing fire, love, passion. He kissing on the neck was a good shot but, something really good I need." Dylan said.

Stefan looked straight at me and smirked. "I have just the perfect one." He pulled Kylie close and held onto her neck as she put her hand on his cheek. He pulled her forward and they kissed. Just like that. Everything was dark. Everything hurt. He was sitting there making out in front of me and the entire staff. I heard gasps and heard Garret tell Dylan to take the shot.

"He is so in love with her. Don't you think Diana?" Garret asked.

"S-S-sure. Would you excuse me I need to call someone." I said as I rushed out from the room.

I ran and opened the door to the small balcony at the end of the floor. I breathed in and out deeply. I was trying to get enough oxygen as I could. I felt like rock on my chest was immovable. I rubbed my chest. I felt like my head was going to explode, my body shiver. I couldn't control the shivering. I whimpered out in discomfort. I felt my vision get blurry with tears but I pushed them back. I looked up at the calming sky to help me calm down. I closed my eyes. I felt an arm wrap around me and pull me in close. I didn't open my eyes. I just put my head on their hard chest as I got my breathing back to normal. I finally sighed when I calmed. That is when my nose started to work and I breathed in their scent. It was peppermint, wood and spices. He was here. Why? He hurt me over and over again. Why was he here holding me in his arms when clearly he likes her. I looked up at him and saw his gaze on me. His gaze for the first time to me felt warm and comforting even though it was dark. I felt at peace. I realised I was staring at him for too long. In his presence for too long. I pulled away and ran to my office. I didn't see anyone or anything in my way. I ran and called Alan to come pick me up. I was going to leave an hour later than I usually do at 7. But, I needed to get away. Too many things were happening today. I was rushing through the corridor when suddenly it began to spin. I blinked my eyes to adjust but the light seemed to bright. I decided I need to sit down but, my legs gave out quicker than I thought and fell to knees. I was trying to breath. My head felt light and my eyes wanted to close. I crawled to the wall and sat up against it. I put my head on it and tried to close my eyes to gain a little control or the dizziness. Why I sleepy and exhausted. I thought I was getting enough rest.

"Diana?" A voice called. I looked to my left and saw a blurry figure in a grey suit walking towards me. I blinked again. The light felt too much.

"Diana?" It called out again. I couldn't keep my eyes open so I closed them.

"Diana? Diana! Diana! Wake up! Diana don't fool around I am not in the fucking mood! Diana?" the voice kept on calling but, I was in too deep in the comforting pitch black darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 5.6K 51
Mafia is Dangerous; Love is Most Dangerous. You never know what your life pushing you into; until it's too late or Beginning. Ares Azriel King The wo...
8.3M 197K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
285K 9.7K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
309K 8K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...