In Debt To The Devil

Da ElysianHer

"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million... Altro

Author's Note
Playlist
Prologue:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
SEQUEL
Part two

Chapter 16

1.4K 35 0
Da ElysianHer

The next morning I woke up I was tired and my eyes hurt. I walked into the bathroom and saw the dark circles as well as the really puffy eyes. I had a shower and got dressed. I sat in my room and thought about the night before. I wanted to talk to my Dad. I picked up I phone as I took my bag and headed downstairs.

"Hello sweetie. Is everything alright? It has been such a long time since I have talked to you." He said. I knew that we had texted from time to time but, our phone calls were limited and I had done that purposely so that he couldn't catch to any possible sadness that I felt.

"Hey Dad. Everything is fine." I said with my voice sounding hoarse.

"You don't seem fine." He said worriedly, "Did something happen? If it did then I will make sure we bring you back really quickly. We will make sure Stefan can't you back either."

"I am fine Dad the weather just makes my voice sound a little bad is all. I just missed you and everyone and I wanted to ask as to much of the debt had been compensated?" I said.

"Well, we have officially given him 13 million pounds back." He said with relief. Great I thought just 23 million to go.

"That is real progress this way I will be able to come back in no time and be free from the devil." I said.

"I really wish you weren't there sweetie." Dad said sadly.

"Yeah me too." I said softly.

"Diana?" My dad asked.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"If I asked you a couple of questions would answer them truthfully for my sake?" he asked.

"I would never lie to you dad." I said as I put the phone on speaker and sat on the stairs.

"Are you happy there?" he asked.

"Not all the time." I answered.

"Is he not treating you nicely one bit?" he asked his voice laced with such softness. I whimpered.

"No dad. I-I- I have seen him with such a cold demeanour and we don't even have a proper conversation. There is just darkness and I want to come back home to the light after we are able to pay the money back to him." I said as I sobbed.

"He doesn't physically hurt you does he?" he asked as he hesitated. It must have really pained to ask me that one.

"No dad." I answered.

"How about I get Damon to visit our London offices to let you out of the house and away from Stefan. You will at least have a break for a while. That is all I can offer as of now." He said soflty.

"That would be wonderful." I said as I sniffed and wiped my tears.

"I will get Damon on a flight to you as soon as I can." He said.

"Thank you Dad. That would help a lot with all the loneliness." I said.

"Diana, you I love you right?" Dad asked, "I know sometimes you used to wish that your Mom and I could have worked out our differences and see how some of the ways we used act in the presence of others could be fixed and you wouldn't have been able to make your company very rich but, at least you wouldn't have to be a business deal. You would have been happy with your family around you and I know that." He said.

"It is true and Dad I love you for everything you have done and I am okay with the way things turned out before the marriage. He really cornered and bullied us and there was nothing that we could have done. I know we fought and that it matters. But, you are right I would be happy around my family." I said.

I wiped my eyes and got went down to the kitchen. Maria furrowed her eyebrows when she saw me.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she rubbed my back after putting the sandwich in front of me.

"Yeah." I said.

"Mr. Black." Maria said as Mr. Black came down and sat next to me. I took a deep breath in and tried to scoot a little away from him. His hand came out and pulled the stool closer to him.

"Maria please leave us." Stefan said. I looked down at my lap.

Stefan's hand came around my waist and pulled me against him. I put my hand on chest but, I didn't look at him.

"You look like shit." he said.

I didn't say anything but, continued looking at his tie in front of me.

"Why are you not talking?" he asked. I kept quiet.

"You need to talk or else--" he said.

"Or else what you will put me on house arrest and let that lead to my death I am pretty sure you will be happy won't you?" I said as I cringed at my hoarse voice.

"What is wrong with your voice? Are you unwell?" he asked as he checked my forehead for a temperature.

"Nothing's wrong. Can you just let me go?" I asked as I struggled against his grip trying to get away from him. His grip was tighter now.

"Your voice is hoarse, your eyes are puffy, your nose is red and you have dark circles under your eyes. Don't tell me everything is alright!" He said.

"It is. It is just the weather. I went out for the first time and it was colder here for me than it was in New York is all." I lied.

"Fine! Lie all you want!" he said as he let go off me by pushing me away and walking off. I lost my balance on the stool as he pushed me causing me fall flat on my butt. I huffed and got up. As I looked at the watch, I saw that it 7: 30 and I needed to get to work. Leaving my untouched sandwich, I walked out bidding Maria bye and made my way to the car. Stefan was already gone and Alan was waiting for me. He was happily telling me about how his grandchildren did really well in a spelling bee of theirs. I gave him a small soft smile as he looked back at me in the mirror. The way he held me close shot electric jolts through my body but, his voice seemed to be laced with concern, worry and a hint of affection. It seemed surreal the way his actions seemed like he cared that I was unwell, that I looked like shit. I wanted someone to care for me but, the mixed signals he sent by seeming like he cared was replaced with anger because of his impatience. A person who fancies you or cares even a little bit wouldn't drop you to the floor instead they would work on you until you finally broke and they could hold you in their arms and let them help you. They break your walls and then they become a part of you and build the walls of Troy around you to keep you safe from the misery you feel and face. Unfortunately, my misery was Stefan yet the way he asked about me for that split moment started this small flame of hope thinking he would be the one you would build the walls of Troy for me. Too bad he was Greece. I felt sad that he was Greece at the moment the wind blew out the flame when he got angry. Why did that flame hope that he would break my walls and build a strong one for me. Why did I feel like his arms would be the one I would be safe in? He could never save me. I might put the strongest front but, I know that I never dealt with my nightmare and the black, ink stain under my carpet of emotions. I never dealt with my monsters but, I know that they are there. With the right words and the effort of using the hammer to break my walls they would come spiralling out.

As soon as we reached the building I thanked Alan and walked into the lobby. I saw Iris and Garret there talking among themselves. I smiled as I approached them.

"Good morning!" I said.

"Good morning!" Garret said.

"Are you okay?" Iris asked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why won't I be?" I asked.

"Well, you have puffy eyes and dark circles under them." Iris stated.

"Yeah, I just moved here so I was feeling a little homesick is all." I said.

"Your voice also doesn't sound that good." Garret said as he looked at me worriedly.

"It is quiet alright. I am fine it is the cold weather that is new. New York wasn't really this cold." I said. I lied.

"Well, if you ever feel sick and can't make into work make sure to call us and we can help you out." Iris gave me a small smile.

I nodded my head and walked off. As I was going up the elevator I thought as to how Cami, Mia and Kira would also fawn over me if I looked or sounded sick. They would worry and make sure I work less that day so that I don't actually become sick. I smiled at the memories. I missed them so I texted it to them on our group chat. Almost immediately they texted back. They said the work was quiet atmosphere because I wouldn't sing and listening to music while doing work wasn't the same. Existing without seeing them was as difficult I felt like telling them; because I have to be in presence of the devil every single place that I go to. I sighed and got off on my floor. I went to look for Dove to give me some work but, she was not in her cabin. I paced around in my office before I walked towards the devil's office. I took a deep breath and hesitantly knocked on the door. There was no answer so I did it again. There was silence. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the door. My eyes widened at the sight of what I saw in front of me.

Stefan had his suit jacket thrown to the floor and Dove was in her skirt and bra as her blouse had been thrown to the floor. I felt like a rock had just come and hit me hard on the chest. I was having shortage of breaths. They were making out. As I was watching them Stefan's gaze moved onto mine just when Dove began sucking on his neck. I looked down and ran out of the room. I ran and went down to the bathroom on the 22 second floor to avoid Stefan or Dove possibly coming to see me in the bathroom. I closed the seat on the toilet and took deep breaths. I tried to calm myself. I didn't know why I was feeling hurt? I mean I always knew what I was going to be to Stefan so why did I feel suffocated being in the same room as him and Dove making out. Why did my chest feel like the hard rock was thrown on it. Why? Why did I think like an idiot that he would care about my well-being just because he pulled me in his arms and asked me if I was okay. Why did I hope?

The bathroom door opened and I heard footsteps.

"I heard from Dove that the new assistant of Stefan who had come in yesterday was a complete slut. I mean she said that she was throwing herself on him whenever she could." One voice said and the other laughed.

"She might be just another one of his floozies pretending to be an assistant just so that she is on his beck and call to hook up whenever Mr. Black calls." Another voice said.

"Anyways I heard that he got married." A third voice said.

"Married? Please! If he was married he would wear his ring on his finger to work." The first voice said.

"Maybe she is so pathetic he doesn't want to be seen as he was married to him." The second voice said.

"What if he got married to Kylie? She was a better fit." The third voice said. That was the second time I heard someone mention her name.

"Yeah. A model. She looked pretty. She could offer him so much more wealth that whatever rumoured bitch of wife he has." The first voice said.

"I mean it doesn't matter to us does it. We will still get our turn to be with him. Once he figures out what Dove does. We must keep up our plans to get with him." The third voice said.

"I can't wait for him to touch me and make my skin shiver. He is so pretty. I was think he would be pretty everywhere. If you know what I mean." The second voice said as she giggled.

"True." The first voice said.

"Come on let us go before someone says we are slacking." The third voice says. The footsteps recede and the bathroom door shuts. I feel something wet on my pants and I look down to find a few droplets of water. As I touch my face that was feeling slightly weird, I realise it was wet and that tears had been falling without me realising. I sniff and get up. I walk out as I look at myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffier and my nose was also red. I sniffed again. I squared my shoulders and made myself slightly presentable as I wiped some of the mascara under my eyes. I looked terrible but, there was nothing I could do about. It was only Tuesday and my second day at work and I was crying already. I sighed as I walked out of the door and went back up. I sat on my desk and saw a bunch of files there. It had a note on top that read 'Work on these files- Dove.' I sighed as I began working. I had already called Iris and had informed her that I would not be joining them for lunch I had a lot of work. My door opened and Dove walked in.

"Get your files and follow me. We have to go to a stakeholder meeting to get some notes." Dove said curtly. I nodded and my head as I got the files and my laptop before following her out. I had only seen the lobby, the 45th floor and the 22nd floor bathroom. I would have to ask Iris or Tris to tell me about the other rooms that were there in the building.

As we entered the 17th floor Dove walked out to the left and I followed her until we reached a conference room. I put my stuff at the end of the table whereas Dove had put hers right next to the head of the table next to Stefan's chair I assume. I set up the table of the other people that would come as Dove was scrolling through her phone. Soon everyone other stakeholder had arrived and were talking among themselves. I sat at the back. We were all waiting for Stefan. He came in ten minutes late to the meeting. As he came my eyes met his; he was angry and glaring at me. I broke away the eye contact and looked at my laptop screen.

The meeting began.

"So the kitchen appliances division is not doing that well. There are some design problems. No one is able to figure out where the problem is. We have specialists that we have called in but, they have hit a few dead ends." Mr. Ron the head of the kitchen appliances division said.

"I will personally get a man whose family is quite well known for the kitchen appliances. We are close and he will help out." Stefan answered. I just wrote down the notes regarding the problems and dead ends that were being explained.

"I am sorry to interrupt Mr. Black but, I don't see your assistant writing down anything we are saying." Mr. Kendrick the head of nanochip division said.

"The notes are being taken down by Miss. Martin." Dove said as she rolled his eyes at him.

"Who is Miss. Martin?" Some one asked.

"That girl." Dove said as she pointed at me. I smiled at everyone who was staring. As I looked around the room I also saw Hayden sitting next to Mr. Kendrick. He was his second in command as to what I had heard.

"Ah. You are new. Are you also Mr. Black's assistant?" Mr. Kendrick asked.

"She just joined." Hayden spoke as he smiled in my direction. I gave him a small smile back.

"You are really beautiful. Mr. Black surely knows to pick his female employees." A man smirked at me. I shifted in my seat.

"I am sure he does." I muttered under my breath.

"I am Mr. Ledger." The man said as he smirked at me. I nodded my head and gave him a polite smile.

"Aren't you going to tell us your name beautiful?" he asked. I took in a deep breath.

"I--" I was cut off.

"Adam. You do really need to have the constant need to flirt and throw yourself at every women in the office?" Stefan asked with a dark tone.

Everyone laughed. Adam rolled his eyes.

"If it okay I would like to carry on with the meeting. There is no need for any introductions. She is nobody." He said. I had not looked at him the entire meeting. I kept my head down.

The meeting ended soon after discussing a small success in the sales of the nanochips division. As soon as the meeting was over I rushed out with my stuff and went to the 9th floor with the library of business and a few law books. I sat there and completed my work. It was late in the evening by the time I had finished my work. I sighed as I walked back to my office. I finished a few more files there that Dove had left and got ready to leave. I had called Alan and made sure that he must pick me without Stefan in the car. He asked if as a couple we were fighting and I just went with it. I rushed out as I bid a quick farewell to Iris and ran to the car. The journey was peaceful as I stared at the beautiful city lights. It had begun to rain. I rushed inside the house as soon as we reached. I told Maria I didn't want dinner as I had already had. Which was a lie and I think she suspected it but, let me off the hook. I turned in bed early. I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard a grumbling sound. I realised it was my stomach so I decided to walk down to the kitchen. I went downstairs and was about to walk in to the kitchen when I heard moaning. I turned to my left and saw Stefan stumbling in with a blonde girl in a red dress. They were walking into his study as ate each other's face off. I shook my head and walked in my room. I slammed the door shut and walked into bed. I hugged Pua and decided to go to sleep.

I was feeling nothing but, dread and sadness but I couldn't help it and I knew that.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

96.2K 2.9K 17
#3 in short story! 3/29/2019 #34 on Royals! 8/20/2019 #8 on heartfelt! I was walking to the grocery store when I thought some one was following me ...
Runaway Bride Da Erica

Storie d'amore

462K 12.8K 74
I ... I didn't even knew I was going to marry him till yesterday. I have no way to go now. I can't be stuck in loveless marriage, I can never marry...
178K 6K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
7.6K 120 6
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...