One Step At a Time

By Idontknowwhattoname4

Arabelle Vine, a 22 year old photographer in Seattle Washington, is happy with her current life. She has frie... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1: Pain
Chapter 2: Training
Chapter 3: Guys Night Out
Chapter 4: Parents
Chapter 5: Him
Chapter 6: Girls Night Out
Chapter 7: Shower
Chapter 8: Eye Contact
Chapter 9: Mystery Girl
Chapter 10: Nacho Cheese
Chapter 11: Homecoming
Chapter 12: Text message
Chapter 13: Dog park
Chapter 14: Model
Chapter 15: Cooties
Chapter 16: Beautiful
Chapter 17: Skipping stones
Chapter 18: Pretty Boy
Chapter 19: Middle Names
Chapter 20: Paparazzi
Chapter 21: Kiss Me
Chapter 22: One Step At a Time
Chapter 23: Ideas
Chapter 24: Taste
Chapter 25: Cat Scratch
Chapter 26: Crazy Bitch
Chapter 27: My girl
Chapter 29: Things Happen
Chapter 30: You Were Always Mine
Chapter 31: Something is Wrong
Chapter 32: I need her
Chapter 33: I'm Sorry
Chapter 34: Surprise
Chapter 35: Promise Ring
Chapter 36: Good Vibrations
Chapter 37: Thanksgiving
Chapter 38: Mr.Darcy
Epilogue
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 28: Home

10.4K 195 10
By Idontknowwhattoname4

Song: Us by James Bay

I laugh under my breath as I watch Roman slowly get out of his uber. He goes around toward the trunk, glancing up at me standing on his doorstep.

A huge smile graces his lips as he looks at me, his eyes covered by dark sunglasses to block out the harsh light of the sun. He has a minor concussion, a slightly bruised rib that should be better in a few days. I notice the small white bandage that lays across his fractured nose.

He pulls his duffel bag out of the trunk, setting it on the ground. He closes the trunk and waves to the Uber driver. The Uber driver pulls away, but not without getting another glance at the famous Roman King.

"What are you staring at? Come help me women!" Roman playfully shouts.

"What? Can't do it yourself? I tease, "if I remember correctly you are the pro boxer?"

"Yes, but I am incredibly injured. Come on beautiful help a poor soul out."

I chuckle and make my way down the stairs. As soon as I'm within arms reach, Roman pulls me into a tight hug, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"I missed you, Beautiful." He sighs into my neck, running his hands through my hair.

"I missed you too, Ro."

I pull away slightly and take him in, "Dean really did a number on you." I brush my knuckle over a small bruise on his jaw.

"Yeah, but not as much as I did on him." His jaw clenches as he speaks.

"Yeah, what was that all about anyways?" I question, bringing my hand up to his hair. "What got you so angry?"

"Let's go inside first." He pulls away from the hug, and reaches for his bag.

But before he can have a firm grip on the handle of his duffel bag, I pull it out of his grasp.

"Wha-"

"Did you, or did you not ask me to help you with your bag?"

"I was kid-"

"Hush, you poor soul." I tease, making my way up the front steps.

Before I can grasp the doorknob, Roman is one step ahead of me. He turns the knob, his chest right against my back. The smell of his cologne instantly relaxing me. He swings the door open, nudging me inside his warm and cozy home.

His hands firmly grip my waist, flipping me around so my back is against the front door. "God, I missed you so much." He mutters against my lip. "Been dying to kiss these lips, and taste you again."

"Yeah?" I breathe out.

"It's all I've been able to think about."

"Then why don't you do it?"

He wastes no time in crushing his lips against mine. The kiss is slow and passionate as I run my hands up his chest and wrap them around his neck. I pull him closer, his one hand firmly grips my hip, the other cups my cheek.

He lightly bites my lower lip causing me to gasp. He takes the moment and slips his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues clash together, fighting for dominance, as the kiss becomes more heated.

I run my fingers through his hair, twirling a piece between my fingers. Roman whimpers softly as I tug on his hair.

I do it again just to hear that wonderful sound. I smirk into the kiss. He gives up fighting for dominance, letting me control the kiss.

I pull away slightly, running my tongue over his bottom lip, nipping the soft skin.

A loud bark breaks the moment. I glance down to see Willow sitting at our feet, waiting patiently. Her tail wags rapidly back and forth.

"Hi Baby." Roman kneels down slowly, being cautious of his bruised rib. The faster it heals, the faster he gets back to training.

"How are you?" He talks to her like a baby as he rubs her stomach. I leave them be, bringing his bag up to his room.

"Hey baby!" Roman calls from downstairs.

"Yeah?"

"Can you grab my medication from the side of my bag and bring it down here please."

I unzip the side pocket, pulling out two pill bottles. I quickly pull the out of my line of vision, clenching my hand around the bottles. I've been slowly working on my fear of pills, but it's going to take awhile before I'm okay.

I walk down the stairs, hearing the tv playing. I place the bottles in the kitchen, and make my way into the living room.

Roman isn't in there, so I make myself comfortable and scroll through the channels, waiting for him.

Strong arms wrap around me, and a head is buried in my neck. I turn my head slightly, kissing his temple.

"Turn off the lights baby." I whisper in his ear.

He turns off the lights, and makes his way over to me. He stands there looking at me, waiting for me to tell him what I want him to do.

I pat my lap, gesturing for him to lay his head on my lap. I'm situated on the corner of the L shaped couch, my legs spread for Roman to lay in between.

Roman lays on his stomach in between my legs, his head resting on my chest. I turn off the tv, and pull off his sunglasses.

I pull the blanket that's thrown over the back of the couch, and wrap it around the two of us. Willow joins us, laying down next to me. She stares at her owner as he lays with his eyes closed.

"Does laying like this hurt your rib?"

He shakes his head, snuggling closer to me. I close my eyes, running my finger through his hair. Willow nudges my arm with her nose to get my attention, I open one eye, glancing down at her. I bring my other hand up and run it up and down her fur.

Romans breathing evens out as he falls asleep, and Willow snores softly as she joins him.

I glance at the two of them, and I instantly feel at home.

This is the man I want to be with for the rest of my life.

••••••

I wake up to the feeling of gentle kisses being peppered across my face and chest.

My eyes flutter open to see Roman staring up at me as he begins to suck on the skin just above my breast.

I whine at the feeling, I glance over at the spot Willow slept in to see her no longer there.

Good. She does not need to see this.

"I could get used to this." I smile.

"Yeah?" Roman smirks against me. He makes his way up my neck, nipping and sucking at my skin.

He licks the shell of my ear, "you know how I told you I've been dying to kiss you, and taste you?"

"Mhm." I hum.

"Well, I've already kissed you, but now I want to taste you." He whispers in my ear.

I shudder at his words, "would you like that baby?"

I nod urgently.

"Words Arabelle. I need words."

"Yes. Yes please."

"As you wish."

I watch as he moves back so his head is right in between my thighs. I move my hands down to slide my leggings off but Roman stops me.

"Uh, uh." He murmurs, cocking his head. His icy blue eyes stare at me, daring me to not listen to him. "That's my job."

I remove my hands, and he slips his fingers under the top of my leggings. He props himself up on his knees and pulls my leggings down slowly.

He tosses them onto the floor, and hooks his fingers underneath my underwear.

"Did you wear these for me?"

I look down at my light purple, lace underwear. I blush when my eyes meet his again.

"Don't be shy." He smirks, "I love them."

He pulls them down, and puts them on the floor with my pants. He kisses up my thighs, his hands spreading them out.

He kisses the inside of both of my thighs, but he never kissed where I need him most.

"Please." I whine.

"Be patient, my love." He chuckles deeply, and brings his lips back to the inside of my right thigh. He sucks roughly, leaving multiple hickeys.

He keeps his left hand on my left thigh, making sure it stays open, the other come over and brushes against my clit.

"Roman, please I need you."

"You need me?" He teases, stopping all his movements. "Why didn't you just say that?"

I barely have time to register his words before his mouth is on me. He licks a long stripe from my core to my clit.

He takes the sensitive nub into his mouth, sucking on it. He brings two of his fingers down to my dripping core, and roughly inserts them. The feeling of his cold rings against me, causes me to jump.

Romans eyes snap up to mine, silently telling me to stay still.

I throw my head back as he continues to move his finger quickly in and out of me. He flicks his tongue against my clit.

"Oh my god." I cry out, my hands fisting the couch cushions. He spreads his finger out, stretching me out.

I feel the knot begin to form in me as I desperately move my hips against his fingers. He withdraws his fingers, and stops his assault on my clit.

"No, please." I sit up on my elbows and glare at him.

"Don't look at me like that." He growls, and shoved three fingers into me at once.

"To much." I moan, my eyes closing as I fall onto my back.

"You can take it." He breathes against my clit, "if you can't handle this then I don't know how you'll ever be able to take me."

"Don't stop." He continues to pump his fingers in and out as I get closer and closer to the edge. "I'm close."

"I know baby. Let go."

He moves his mouth away, to watch me come undone. His thumb reaching up to rub circles on my clit. The knot becomes tighter, and tighter.

I see spots as I am pushed over the edge. "Oh, Oh God."

"That's it baby." He helps me ride out my orgasm, never once taking his eyes off of me.

My legs still shake, as he pulls his fingers out. He brings them to his mouth, sucking on them.

"Jesus." I close my eyes, sinking into the comfortable couch. He rubs his hands up and down my thighs, comforting me.

He kisses up my stomach, placing one last kiss on my lips.

"Let's get you cleaned up." He brushes my hair away from my forehead, "that sound good, beautiful?"

I nod my head. He picks me up bridal stile, "don't forget your sunglasses." I remind, "they help with light sensitivity."

He smiles down at me and puts on the sunglasses the doctor gave him. He carries me up the stairs, some of the dark wood steps creaking underneath of him.

He places me on the counter, and turns on the bathtub. He grabs a small blue washcloth from the small closet in the bathroom.

"Let's get this cleaned up nice and good before we take a relaxing bath." He pushes my legs apart and runs the washcloth up and down my thighs before gently cleaning me.

I jump when he brushes the washcloth over my over sensitive clit. "Sorry, baby." He quickly apologizes, pressing a gentle kiss to my thigh.

When the bath is half full he pours some bubble bath under the faucet. The large bath continues to fill up as we strip out of the rest of our clothes.

Roman gets in first, and I climb in after. Settling myself between his legs and resting my back against his chest.

Roman fills a small cup kept in the bathroom with water and pours it onto my head. He makes sure to block my eyes from the water as he gets my hair wet.

He lathers the shampoo and conditioner into my hair, and gently cleans my body.

I turn in his lap so that I'm facing him, and repeat the same process. When I'm done I lay my head against his chest, kissing him every now and then.

He runs his hands up and down my back and thighs, practically putting me to sleep.

"I'm glad your home." I sleepily say to him as we lay in bed together later that night.

"Me too, Beautiful." He pecks me on the lips softly, "and I'm glad I got to come home to you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WORD COUNT: 2121

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 1.6K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
400K 9K 44
sequel to 'hating you from the beginning.' READ BOOK 1 FIRST! ~ "I know I know." I rub my face. "Why am I at your house?" I ask. "I wasn't going to...
994K 43.3K 47
C O M P L E T E D ☙❦❧ "Who would ever love Medusa?" "The blind," he whispered. ...
1.3M 44.6K 70
Reillyn Cole had experienced it all. Grief. Pain. Heartbreak. And yet, still, the cruel world continued to throw hurdles in her unendingly winding...