How to Seduce an Earl

By SinfullyIndulgent

To escape the clutches of a forced political marriage, Lady Annabeth decides to find a husband of her own cho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (M)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 9

2.4K 84 41
By SinfullyIndulgent

Even in the past, Annabeth and Piper enjoyed attending the Imperial sword practices. Usually, they would use Jason's influence to pressure the poor sword master into teaching them sword skills. Usually that meant bribing Luke with food and showing him their best puppy eye looks (or rather Piper did it, because when Annabeth did her puppy eye look, she looked like she was about to strangle her target).

Today was another mission in mind. The Earl from Atlantis was attending the practices. There were always quite a few women who attended the practices, sometimes to sneak a peek of men in their sweaty glory states or perhaps to snag a marriage partner, or even sometimes to marvel at the one female knight Lady Reyna, who was just a pure badass at the spear. With the Crown Prince and the dashing General Luke now engaged, many women focused their attention on the enchanting unmarried Earl.

Annabeth and Piper settled in their seats situated above the training ground. She spotted Percy in just a few moments, laughing and talking to Jason. Her cousin's face lit up as he spotted them.

Piper leaned down as Jason kissed her lovingly on the cheek unabashedly in front of his men and all the other spectators. A soft sigh of mixed adoration and jealousy rippled through the spectators. The couple was quickly becoming a popular model of the ideal marriage. Even the commoners had quickly taken note of their future rulers and were enthused.

Annabeth motioned Percy to come closer. As he did, she handed him a blueberry scone.

"What's this?" He popped it immediately in his mouth as Annabeth fed Jason one.

"Annabeth and I made them. You should have seen our first batch. Burnt to a crisp," Piper laughed.

"I thought the cook was going to have a fit when he saw what we did to his poor oven. Good thing Leo came by and helped us." Annabeth took a bit of the fragrant pastry herself. Hmm, delicious. Almost as yummy as the sight of Percy's biceps peeking out out from his armor.

"Leo? Oh man, he was such a great cook on the battlefields. I swear, he could turn anything into a fantastic meal. Morale was kept up because of him. If he hadn't found his calling as an inventor, he would be an excellent royal chef," Jason said.

General Luke blew his whistle and the soldiers began to gather. Jason blew Piper one last kiss, and Percy winked at Annabeth before both fell in order. Annabeth ignored the hushed whispering and gossip of other ladies. A message had been sent out to the ladies and men. Earl Percy and Lady Annabeth were paired.

The men soon started with some warm up drills. Annabeth's eyes stayed on only Percy.

She could tell how the man was revered in so many ways on the battlefield. Jason had been a leading figure on the field, with only Luke (and Thalia, although that was a secret) as the main competitor. Percy was right up there with them. It was hard to tell who was better at the sword.

A few spectators squealed with delight as they watched Luke easily thrash his second-in command. But Annabeth was far more interested in Percy's and Jason's duel. A glistening sweat drop slowly made its way down Percy's cheek, but he was far too concentrated to notice.

Jason feinted and Percy took the bait. But the Earl caught the back swing of Jason's swipe easily and forced the Crown Prince back one step. Both men seemed to be dancing around each other, light on their feet but steady in their blocks.

Annabeth's sharp eyes started breaking down their fighting techniques. Jason was trained in the Imperial royal style of fighting in fast and accurate stabs with his sword, aimed with precision to maim and disarm. Percy seemed to have learned both the commoner and Atlantis royal style of fighting, displaying his background as both an illegitimate child of the throne and his commoner status. He was like a whirlwind, using slashes at the feet and other unguarded areas of the body. Their duel was like a deadly choreographed swirl of gold and bronze metal, where one false step could mean bloodshed.

She was keen on seeing more, but after a while, Luke called the duel to a stop. Both the Earl and Prince's fight was a draw.

"Huh, why'd he stop them?" Piper wondered.

Annabeth looked around. All the other duels had stopped, and practically everyone had stopped to watch the duel.

"Practice is over," Luke called.

That was probably a good idea. Percy and Jason were evenly matched, so the scales could easily tip in the other's favor. But there were dangerous political consequences should either win. The Atlantis Empire might consider it an insult or a declaration of war if Jason won over the Earl, but the Olympian Kingdom would deem it equally humiliating if their Crown Prince lost in battle to a foreign Earl.

Soon the crowds began clearing out, discussing the exciting fight of the day.

"You go on first," Annabeth said to Piper.

Piper grinned and waved her goodbye. Annabeth dawdled in the arena until all the soldiers and spectators drifted out of the training arena.

"Waiting for someone?" Percy grinned as he popped up behind her.

Annabeth felt herself being lifted up from her seat as he carried her in his arms bridal style. She had to laugh as he twirled her in circles.

"You're all sweaty," she complained. Still, she wrapped her arms around his neck and nestled herself in his arms. Sweat or not, there was a alluring scent about him. Seaside beaches, as though a fresh breeze had wafted the scent right off the shores.

"Are you sure you don't mind the sweat?" His adam's apple bobbed as she nuzzled his neck.

She could feel his grip on her tighten just a fraction. "Not at all," Annabeth purred like a satisfied cat who had found a new sleeping spot. It was truly comfortable as he carried her.

Percy's chest rumbled with laughter. "I don't think that it's fair that I'm all sweaty while my lady remains fresh and pure."

"Well, what would you suggest I do about it?" Annabeth whispered into his ear. Gods, if anyone had seen them, the scandal! Besides, she loved seeing him get flustered.

Percy set her on the ground gently. He stalked away a couple of steps before tossing her a sword. "I heard some rumors here and there about your fighting skills. If I'm going to be sweaty, so should you."

Her lips curled up. Well. That was one way to get hot and sweaty.

*************************

Annabeth returned to the arena with her helmet tucked under her arm, now dressed in pants and armor more suitable for sword fighting. Years ago, it had taken her weeks of pestering Luke to let her take lessons under his tutelage and to store an outfit in the knights' quarters.

Percy raised an eyebrow at her outfit. "Nice armor," he commented on the chest piece.

"Same to you," she appreciated. The Atlantis Empire truly had a beautiful design, with a trident engraved in the bronze and leather armor. "Don't go easy on me now," Annabeth warned.

He chuckled. "Of course not, I'd doubt you would go easy on me. I've heard what you can do from Luke and Jason."

Indeed, the last time a lord had mansplained how to hold a sword, despite the fact that the lord had never held a sword in his life while she had been practicing since the age of seven. She had no qualms of sending the lord packing back to his castle with his tail tucked between his legs. Rumor has it that the lord deliberately declined all marriage offers from blondes after that.

A small idea popped into her head. "You know what? Let's make this duel a little more...exciting."

"Exciting?" Percy grinned. "What could be eve more exciting than a duel with the lovely Lady Annabeth?"

"Let's make this into a bet," she declared.

"That's exhilarating. What would the winner get as a reward for winning this bet?"

Annabeth picked up her drakon-bone sword, passed down by her mother, and pointed it at Percy. "The loser has to do something for the winner. How about it?"

Percy lowered his sword in position. "Deal."

"Then I hope you're prepared to lose, Seaweed Brain."

The metal notes of bronze clashing against drakon bone ran out in the air like a song woven from sword. Annabeth was trained in the Imperial style of fighting, which she was sure Percy was familiar with after dueling with Jason. But she had also been observing Percy's style as he fought. Every style of sword fighting had its weaknesses.

The Atlantis Empire was a ring of islands surrounded by miles of sea. Much of warfare was fought on ships, so the sword style was taught to accommodate for the swaying of ships. Meanwhile, the Olympian Kingdom was a large mass of land, where soldiers were trained to fight on rocky mountains. Here in this arena, where those very soldiers were trained, Annabeth had an advantage.

Annabeth stabbed at Percy's feet to try to get his balance off. He stepped back at the assault and she lunged forward in an attack.

Clang! Percy caught the blade between his shield and sword. "Not bad, Lady Annabeth." He threw his weight and flung her sword easily away.

Annabeth twirled around in steps as light as a feather in their deadly dance, not at all flustered by his counterattack. She deflected the blade as he swung towards her. "Same to you. But why do I get the feeling that you're not trying hard enough?"

"Maybe it's because I'm used to fighting sea monsters and other deadly creatures. Although," his lips curled up in that handsome smile. "Perhaps the deadliest enemy I've fought is right in front of me."

"Are you calling me a monster, Your Grace?" She parleyed at his strike and used the momentum to swing at an opening.

"Not at all. By deadly, I do mean you just take my breath away."

Her blade glanced off his before he performed a move that she had never encountered. His blade smacked her hilt and knocked it out of her hand with a strength she didn't realize was hidden inside him. Damn him and his unexpected compliments. Mother Athena had always said words were just as good weapons as blades and spears.

Sensing danger, Annabeth reached into hidden pocket and slid out a hidden dagger. She rushed forward with her shield in front. Taken by surprise, Percy stepped back, only to be tripped by a well aimed kick at his ankles.

"Oof!"

Percy froze with his back on the ground as Annabeth straddled him. The point of her knife was held right at the center of his throat. Any movement and he would be pierced at the point where his flesh was the softest. A very precarious situation as she held the knife steady. After all, she didn't want to actually hurt him.

"I thought this was a duel for using just swords."

"In war, you have to be prepared with anything." She could see herself in the reflection of his green eyes.

"That's true. Every part of the environment counts as a weapon."

"So I win," she declared triumphantly.

"Not quite," he said carefully, still watching the knife warily.

Annabeth was suddenly made aware of the thin blade of metal just barely grazing the side of her neck. It was only then she realized how much control he had over his blade. He was trying not to injure her but still gave off the threat that had he wanted to, he could easily have hacked her head off. The Monster of the Seas did not get his name from nothing.

"So a draw." Disappointment was evident in her tone. Well, he had been a soldier for years and had years of more practical experience. For a noblewoman who practiced when she could, she did the best she could. She knew she would want to duel again soon, perhaps after she took a few more lessons. Maybe some private lessons from the Earl underneath her?

"How about both of us do something the other wants?" Percy suggested.

"Deal."

"What would you want me to do? I am but at your mercy." Percy waggled his eyebrows up and down.

Annabeth flushed, though she was glad the heat of exercise covered up the flames growing on her cheeks. Thank goodness the arena was empty because they were seriously in a compromising position with her straddling his thighs. She removed her knife from his throat and he dropped his sword.

"You're right, you are at my mercy. I wondered what should I do with this man in distress?" She said. Her hands slowly trailed on the broadness of his shoulders. Fingers deftly unlaced the straps of his armor until they fell away.

Percy flopped to the ground in dramatic fashion, shrugging off his chest piece in the armor. "Oh no. The evil witch has me in her grasp. Who will save this poor man?"

Annabeth laughed at his rendition of a princess being kidnapped. Princess Thalia would never let herself be kidnapped, let alone have someone else save her. "Perhaps the witch will let you go if you give her a kiss, as a reward from the bet," she flirted.

"Done and sealed."

Percy sat up and kissed her deeply. He brushed some curls out of her face before recapturing her lips.

Annabeth dropped the fighter's tension she had previously, just enjoying the warm sun on her back and the feel of the man gently teasing her lips. His hands reached up to undo her armor so the annoying obstacle was out of their way. Her shirt had ridden up from where she had tucked it into her pants, and he used the opportunity to ghost his fingers along her skin.

Annabeth leaned in for another kiss but Percy turned his head so she ended up pecking at his cheek instead of his lips.

"The witch only said to give her a kiss as a reward. Therefore my payment is due."

That rascal. "Not fair. Then the witch demands more kisses or you'll never be released."

"Well, since the witch is devastatingly beautiful, how can a man resist?" Percy tilted his head and licked at a tender spot on her neck. A shiver ran down her body as he nipped at the sensitive area. "Besides, what if I don't want to be released?"

"Not fair," she gasped out as one of his hand dipped dangerously underneath her shirt to skim the newly discovered skin. She had taken off her corset since the damn restricting underwear would only hinder her dueling. Her breasts had been bound down and Percy was tugging at the end of the cloth strips. Just a few more tugs at the knots and everything would be unraveled.

"You didn't say where I should kiss you," he murmured against her. "But I'd give you more than just a kiss if you'd like."

"What a rogue. But I like rogues better than well-behaved men." Annabeth trailed her hands up his chest, admiring the pectoral muscles that flexed as she touched. His white shirt fit perfectly on him, showing off his subtle build.

Her heart had already been beating fast from their duel, but was somehow able to pick up the pace as he pressed incessant kisses along her jawline. His hands pulled achingly downwards from her upper torso to cup at her derriere. Annabeth startled when he squeezed before pulling her hips just a few inches forward to show just how aroused he was. Immediately, a flame was set off in her lower belly.

All she had to do was just roll her hips forward on that bulge concealed by his pants. He closed his eyes as she touched him there experimentally. She had read books on how pleasurable men found when their members were touched, but it was the first time she had seen such an expression on Percy's face. Like she was a goddess next to him. Like he was looking at the face of a lover.

Percy seemed to have remarkable self-control as Annabeth gingerly touched him there again, but she could barely stop herself from tearing off his clothes and have her way with him. Perhaps she really was the deadliest foe to him. So she ended up just kissing him on the lips, trying to distract them both from the desire clearly building up. His tongue swiped at her bottom lip before sucking her breath away.

When Percy pulled back to smile at her, Annabeth could feel her soul being cleansed by that radiant smile.

Gods, she was falling for his man. Fast and hard, to the point of no return. She liked every part of him, from the roots of his inky black hair to the fingertips that were skimming along the exposed skin of her waist. The sarcastic quips that kept her on her toes, the kind albeit dense personality that shone through.

"What do you want as part of your bet?" She said, as she regained her breath.

"You'll do whatever I want to?"

"Within reason," Annabeth amended.

Percy looked at her seriously. Annabeth felt a nervous shudder run through her body as his arms slid around her waist. What did he want her to do that made him look so grave? He wasn't going to ask her to do something illegal, like kill the Crown Prince, was he?

"Marry me."

*************************

A/N: Now that I'm looking back on this versus my other more recent stories, I feel like my writing has become slightly more mature and better? Idk. Always room for more improvement. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 1.1K 39
[feat. highest ranking: 50 in #percabeth 06/28/19] [feat. highest ranking: 12 in #annabethchase 06/13/19] [feat. highest ranking: 22 in #sailing 05/0...
6.5K 190 34
When Annabeth and Percy meet, they instantly connect, but more than just a sea divides the two.
41K 906 27
Pirate AU. Annabeth Chase loves her betrothed but as her wedding day draws near, she realizes she's missing something in her life. After being captur...
35.5K 494 25
After Tartarus Percy and Annabeth decide (Sally STRONGLY suggests it) to go to therapy, for well, everything. Their therapist suggests the two breaku...