My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 31

26.4K 750 114
By ElaheKarami

"Tada!" said Bella as she applied the last bit of makeup. She put a hand on her hip and stared at Alison's reflection in the mirror "Goodness, I'm great."

Alison chuckled. She looked beautiful indeed. Bella had curled her hair. She had secured the front strands of her hair behind her head and let the others fall around her in soft waves. She also had done light make-up.

"Thanks." said Alison and hugged Bella tightly. She then applied nude lipstick and went to put on her dress. It was already half past five. Alex was going to be there any moments. She put on the pink dress. The silk fabric hugged her body perfectly. She put on her black heels and whirled around. "How do I look like?" she asked.

Bella smiled softly and kissed her cheek. "Beautiful." she said. "Now let's go down."

Alison nodded and grabbed her clutch. She remembered something and walked to her bag and brought out the gun that Xander had given her.

"Oh my god." screeched Bella with wide eyes. "Is this real?"

"It is." answered Alison and took out her phone and sent a message to Xander, ignoring Bella's panicked ramble. Should I take my gun to the date?

She didn't wait for long before a reply came. You are going out with fucking West. As much as I hate to admit it but he knows how to protect you. No need for it.

Alison sighed relieved and put the gun in her drawer. "Don't look at me like I'm a murderer," she rolled her eyes as she felt Bella's stare. "It's only for safty problems."

Bella raised her hands in surrender and they walked to the door together. Alison opened the door and jumped a bit and stared at what she saw startled. Damien, Xander and Hunter were in front of her room, leaning on the wall or sitting on the ground. They looked up at her and immediatly frowned.

"No fucking way!"

"No way in hell!"

"Alison, go and change." said Damien and pushed her gently in. "You won't go out like this." he said before closing the door leaving shocked Bella and annoyed Alison alone.

"When did they arrived?" asked Alison pissed.

"When you were taking a bath." answered Bella. "I met them then."

Alison huffed and walked to her bed and grabbed the black dress. "Those gits." she mumbled before changing to the black dress with the help of Bella. But their reactions were not better than the last. "It's too short." growled Xander and the others nodded. 

"Guys come on. This is my last option." whined Alison. "Alex going to be here any minute."

"The fucker can wait." grunted Damien and pushed her in. "Change." he said before closing the door again.

Alison turned to Bella pleadingly. "Please, Bella." said Alison and grabbed Bella's hands. "I don't have any other good dress."

"I might have one." said Bella. "Wait a sec." she said and then ran out of the room only to return a minute later with a white dress in her hand. She closed the door and held it in front of Alison. "I bought it for a birthday party. I think It's your size too."

It was an off-shoulder knee-length white dress that looked light blue where shadows would fall on it. The top part of it was covered with lace which came a little on the flowing skirt and it has thin lacy sleeves.

"It's beautiful." gushed Alison and grabbed the dress and quickly stripped off the black dress and put on the white one. The dress fitted her perfectly. "You are great. I owe you one." she hugged Bella and ran to the door but stopped with her three annoying stepbrothers again.

"Are you kidding me?" scoffed Hunter. 

"It shows too much skin on your chest." growled Xander.

"Guys," said Bella. "Why don't you go and find a proper dress in her closet yourself that matches your standards?"

"That's what we should have done sooner." said Xander who stood and dusted off his pants and walked inside of Alison's room with the other two boys.

Alison wanted to protest but Bella squeezed her hand and discreetly shook her head. Once the boys walked inside of the closet, Bella ushered Alison out of the room and closed the door silently. "Go before they find out." she chuckled. 

Alison giggled, now knowing Bella's plan. "Thanks." she said and then ran down the stairs. 

When she reached the bottom, Marisa saw her. "You look gorgeous." squealed Marisa excitedly and kissed Alison's cheek. "Your date just arrived and is waiting for you outside. He is handsome I might add." she said while nudging Alison playfully. 

Alison thanked Marisa and took a deep breath before elegantly walking toward the door. Her plan of being elegant was thrown out of the window once she heard the boys' angry yells upstairs and she ran to the door and actually jumped out of it and closed it behind her. She whirled around and her breath hitched in her throat.

Alex had leaned on his black Porsche. He had worn a black dress shirt and had rolled up his sleeves to his elbows, showing the muscles of his arms. Both of his hands were in the pockets of his black jeans. He looked handsome for sure. He looked up and his eyes widened a bit and then shone as he saw Alison. He ditched himself from his car and grinned as Alison ran down the stairs and into his waiting arms. He hugged her tightly and pecked her lips. "Hello, gorgeous." he said with a husky voice which sent shivers down Alison's spine. "You look stunning."

"Hi, and thank you." answered Alison while blushing adorably. "You look handsome yourself."

Alex opened his mouth to say something but at the same time they heard the sound of cars coming there and the front door slammed opened and Damien, Xander, and Hunter ran out. "Alison, you better come here now." growled Xander with a clenched jaw.

Alex tightened his hold on Alison's waist and glared at Xander. "Get over it, you kid." he said coldly. "She will come with me. Your adults have already approved. So shut the fuck up."

Just as Xander was about to come down, a row of cars pulled in front of the house, and Albert stepped out of one of them. 

Alex nodded to him politely, not daring to disrespect the powerful Don of the American mafia. "Sir!" he greeted.

Albert looked at the two for a moment before sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Just make sure to bring her before 10." he said. "And of course no funny business and don't get away too much from your guards."

"Yes, sir." said Alex, feeling relieved that Albert didn't change his mind.

"Guards?" asked Alison confused as Alex opened the passenger door for her and helped her to get in.

"I will explain later." said Alex and closed her door, while uncomfortably walking round his car under death glares of the King family and getting in himself. When they were on the road, they both sighed in content. 

"That was intense." said Alex and looked at Alison with a smile. He leaned toward her and captured her lips for a second before returning to his driving. "but it worth it for sure."

Alison giggled. "But they should get away with the fact that you are my boyfriend now and I will go out more with you." she said. "The lack of having women in their household is showing itself in their unnecessary overprotectiveness." She then looked at Alex and frowned when she saw him smirking. "What?"

"Nothing." he said. "I just liked the fact that you called me your boyfriend. It's good you know who you belong to."

"Oh don't get so full of yourself." Alison rolled her eyes but smiled as she felt butterflies in her stomach.

They reached the gates and Alison saw four SUVs parking there. The cars began to follow them once they set on the road, bringing dreadful memories with itself. "Alex!" she said a bit scared.

Alex grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. "It's alright, love." he said. "They are our guards. They are here only to ensure our security. They will stay far and out of our sight, so try to ignore them."

Alison nodded. Now that she was thinking, it was better to have security with them with everything that was going on recently. "Where are we going?" she asked as she tried to relax.

Alex scratched the back of his head. "Well, with the current problems, we had a bit of limitation for the places we could go." he explained nervously. He chuckled inwardly at how Alison was causing him to be nervous recently without trying. "I have prepared a surprise for you. I wish you like it."

Alison smiled warmly at him. She leaned and kissed his cheek tenderly and felt him shudder a bit. His hold on the steering wheel tightened. "If you don't want to get us in a crash then I suggest you don't do this until we stop. You are distracting me. I'm the driver." he growled under his breath. 

Alison chuckled and sat on her seat again and stared outside of the window. They didn't drive for long before they went a bit out of the city. No other cars were on the road and there was no house around as well. Alex stopped the car by a hill. He went out of the car and opened the door for a confused Alison and helped her out.

Alison looked around. She couldn't see the guards anymore. The full moon was shining brightly. The hill was covered with grass which was looking gray under the light of the moon. A soft breeze was blowing, bringing the fresh scent of grass and wet soil. Alison breathed in the fragrant air and smiled at Alex. He was looking down at her softly. He looked relaxed like never before. "We should climb a bit to see my surprise." he said. "You are wearing heels so forgive me." he said and then gently picked Alison in his arms who squeaked surprised. 

Alex climbed the hill with no difficulties. Alison leaned her head on his chest, enjoying his warmth. Once up the hill, Alex put her down gently and turned her so her back was to him. Her breath hitched again as she lost herself in the sight in front of her. The whole city was under her feet, shining like a pile of jewels. A blanket had been spread on the ground with a picnic basket next to it. They have lit there up with a few lanterns. The only sound was the song of crickets and the faint buzz of the city.

"Alex!" whispered Alison speechless and turned to him.

"I could have taken you to a fancy resturant." said Alex and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "But I thought you would like a little bit of peace after one and a half chaotic week."

Alison didn't answer. Instead, she put her hands around his neck and pulled him down to a soft and deep kiss. Alex's arms quickly snaked around her waist and pulled her to his chest, leaving no space between them and kissed her passionately. She tasted great, heavenly. The kiss was slow and peaceful, yet full of love.

"It's fantastic." she whispered after they finally pulled away. "Do we have chicken sandwiches too?"

Alex laughed under his breath and kissed her forehead. "Sorry to disappoint you, babe." he said and grabbed Alison's hand and pulled her towards the blanket. "But no, we have ham. But I have brought my mother's blueberry pie. It's fantastic."

They took off their shoes and sat there and Alex wrapped Alison with a blanket. It was a little party. Alex's mother who had prepared the basket had made sure they have everything they needed.

They talked and laughed during their dinner. Alex never had felt like that before. He felt so carefree, so happy and free. He didn't need to pretend to be tough and strict in her presence. His eyes were shining brightly as he stared at the beauty in front of him. He just wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go of her. He wanted to make her feel like him, happy and free and even more.

He suddenly stood and offered her his hand. Alison took his hand confused and let him bring her to her feet. Alex pulled out his phone and played one of Ed Sheeran's songs named Perfect. Alison's eyes shone and she grinned widely as Alex dragged her out of the blanket and on the grass. He took off his socks and threw them aside. Now both were standing barefoot on the soft and cool grass. He then put a hand on Alison's waist and laced their other hands and they both began to sway with the soft melody.

"I'm not a good dancer." she whispered shyly and dropped her head.

Alex put a finger under her chin and lifted her face. "So am I." he confessed. "So don't hide your beautiful face of me. We just go on with the song."

And so they did. Lost in each other's eyes while smiling warmly at each other, they dance on the grass as the song played softly.

I found a love for me
Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

"You look perfect tonight." whispered Alex next to Alison's ear and then kissed her lips gently. He then looked down at her with so many emotions in his eyes. "Thank you for coming into my life and becoming its light, Alison Harris."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 59 19
Emily is 17 year old who left school and has a babysitting business with her bestie but Emily has to live her step mother who has been abusing her fo...
54.4K 901 42
'Who do you belong to?' he asked as he breathed down on my neck. He had me pinned to the wall. I watched him as his hand slowly moved from above me t...
28.1K 960 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
895 27 23
Bella's parents left her and her little brother Elijah with their grandma when Elijah was born. All of her cousins parents did the same thing each ti...