Without You I am Nothing...

Oleh Romonaufeyson

Lebih Banyak

Natasha
Steve:2 days after
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Authors Note
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Steve
Author's Note
Steve
Clint
Steve
Steve
Steve
Steve
Steve
Yelena
Steve
Natasha
Dottie
Steve
Natasha
Steve
Dottie
Steve
Steve
Yelena
Steve
Yelena
Natasha
Peggy
Jemma
Hunter
Natasha
Bucky
Steve
Clint:A Few Days Later...
Peggy
Steve
Steve
Author's note
Skye
Loki
Natasha
Author's Note

Steve

1.3K 30 0
Oleh Romonaufeyson

She's in surgery right now. It's supposed to fix some of the damage done to her back. I watch from the glass window,cutting me off from the actual room."She always hates surgery."

I turn to Clint who steps beside me."She's had it done before?"

"Course. This isn't her first time missing death,Steve. She's fought it it toe to toe before. And she hates surgery because she hates being down after it."

"She wasn't gonna be up before it."

He laughs lowly."True enough."

"Coulson want me?"

"Yup."

"I'm not leaving."

"I tried to tell him that. He wouln't listen."

"What does he want?"

"Some kid,Pietro Maximoff? Anyway,Bucky seems to trust him,but the kid's pretty shady."

"Why does Bucky trust him?"

"Well,that's the tricky part Cap'. He brought Natasha here in time enough to save her life."

I look down at him."What?"

"He got her here in time enough. He's a,"Clint shakes his head."He's brilliant. I've never seen anything like him before. And I've had a few bouts with mutants before."

"Mutants?"

"Look,all that matters is that the kid wants to join us,but his sister is not as eager to do so. And I fear that if we let this kid on,we're gonna have a hell of a time with his sister."

"I heard about her."

He shakes his head."When she comes out,Coulson wants to talk it over with her too. But,he wants your take first."

I lay my palm aginst the glass,watching for a few more seconds."Where are they?"

"Follow me."

I follow Clint down the silent corridors of the hospital,and down a long flight of steps. It's below the basement,and it's cold and damp,so damp that water droplets have begun to congregate on the concrete walls.

"What is this?"

"Old military bunker.  They built the hospital right on top of it. This is where we've been operating since we stepped through those doors."

"Isn't this wrong? It's a hospital-"

"Cap,until S.H.I.E.L.D is officially an orginization again,we're running operations from down here. Missions. Cleaning up Manhattan and Washington. Making sure the Hand is no longer a problem."

He leads me through the room where there are a handfull of Agents on computers,a large monitor hanging on the wall."Agent Barton,Captain Rogers."

"Agent May.Pleasure to have you back."

"Japan wasn't so bad. The only thing I regret is that I wasn't here to help out. How's Agent Romanoff?"

"In surgery."

"She better?"

"Awake."I say.

She nods."Follow me, Coulson sent me to collect you."

We follow Agent May to a small room far away from the front entrance."Agent Morse,they didn't tell us you recovered,"I say excitedly.

"I didn't want anyone to know. What about Natasha. How is she?"

"In surgery."

She nods."I'm glad she's okay. And I'm glad you're okay."

"Same to you."

Coulson and Peggy enter through the door at the far wall. There is a boy with them ,I assume is Pietro. His hair is white and is disheveled and unkempt. Bucky leans against the wall watching Pietro carefully.

He dissapears only to reappear in a chair beside Bobbi."Hello,Agent Morse,"He leans over the chair,smiling broadly.

"Back up,Kid. She's taken."

"She's not saying anything,now is she."

"I'm taken."

"Mm. Sucks."

He disapers only to re-appear in another chair farther away from Bobbi.

"Cap'." He calls.

"Who is this kid?"I ask angrily.

"Quicksilver. Dr. Banner explained to you,what was that Bruce,two days ago?"

"This kid? You want to recruit him-"

"Despite his,"Coulson looks down at Pietro."Personality,he is still a talented young man-"

"Talented? I'm sure you have a better adjective for me,Agent Coulson."

"Director."

"Oh whatever."

"What about his sister-"

"You'll watch how you talk about Wanda. But as far as I'm concerned she made her decision and I'm making mine."

"She's a much bigger threat to us than you are."

"I want in. I saved your girlfriend's life. The least you could do is give me a mission. See how I fit in with you guys."

"What about you're record. Arrested multiple times,worked for Magneto-"

"He was my dad,cut me some slack ok?"

"What about all that Pietro."

"C'mon,those are excuses. These people here,aren't exactly saints,Coulson. The one upstairs is an assassin-"

"Not anymore-"

"Yeah,whatever. Once an assassin always an assassin. Never heard that before ,Cap?"

"You're really getting on my nerves."

"What about, Agennt Carter here? She helped a fugitive-"

"He was falsely convicted-"

"And so am I. People are just afraid of the things I'm capable of-"

"As they should be."

"What are you trying to say,Bruce?"

"You and your sister are unlike anything I've ever seen."

"Look,I just want in on this. Wanda isn't a problem-"

"Once she finds out you're here,Pietro you can't assure us she won't become a problem."

"She's my sister. I know my sister."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"So you won't let me in because you're scared of my sister."

"We aren't saying that."

"Well you sure are giving me a hell of a time here,Coulson."

"What makes you want to join us Pietro?"

"I want a chance to do something good in my life. I've been on the run most of it-"

"Shouldn't be too hard,"Hunter mutters.

"You're hilarious. Truth is Bobbi doesn't even want you because she's taller and more efficient than you,"He mouths 'I'm single' to Bobbi and winks.

Hunter looks down at Bobbi."That true?"

"No it's not. I don't like him."

"You love me."

"Get him out of here right now before I kill him-"

"Not gonna happen Hunter. I faster than a bullet. And you."

"Can we focus?"I ask.

"Right,right. I was at the part about wanting to be good right?"

"That's it,I can't do this anymore."Hunter throws up his hands."This kid's nothing but problems."

"Of the people in this room,who is A: not being evaluated,and b:has no powers. I do believe that's you,Mr. Hunter."

"Cap,what do you have to say about this?"

"The kid's got a talent,that's for sure-"

"I'm fast,that's not a talent-"

"No ,but your ability to drive someone crazy is."

"Sassy. I see."

"But he has a gift. Despite his infuriating personality,I think we could use him."

"I like him. Me and him will get along just fine-"

"Do you ever stop talking?"

"I did while you asked that stupid question."

Hunter clenches his teeth."I am completely against this."

"You're also not an Avenger. You're an add-on. So shut up."

"I'm gonna kill him."

"This guy,"Pietro says shaking his head."I just told you I'm faster than a bullet. You can't strangle me because I'm faster than you. And asphyxiation and stabbing are completely out of the question. I welcome you to fantasize about it,but you aren't gonna actually get the chance."

"And you're so confident?"

"I was born that way."

"Look Pietro."

"I know that tone."

"Right now, you do have a gift that could be useful to us at S.H.I.E.L.D, and to the Avengers-"

"You aren't seriously considering letting this guy in."

"Let him talk,Hunter."Pietro says.

"Once Natasha has recovered from surgery we'll talk it over with her."

"I hear she's a pain in the ass."

"Look who's talking."

"Hunter,Shut up. Thank you."

"She'll also be hopped up in drugs,if that's any consolation to you."

"Bobbi,don't help him."

"He could be useful. I like him as an assett. Not as a person."

"I like your assett-"

"Ok,that's enough. She and I are seeing eachother."

"I see you. What the hell is that supposed to mean."

"I can't do this."

"Still not an Avenger."

I stifle a laugh,and cover my mouth to hide the smile there.

"We have to talk it over with all members of the Avengers and members of the team. While you're evaluation is in the process we'll gladly allow you to stay here."

"You're kidding?"

"Nope,Hunter. I think he's serious. Maybe Bobbi and I can get to know eachother better."

"No,none of that,"Hunter hisses."There wull be none of that."

"Insecure because you know I have a better chance at getting Bobbi. It's okay. I know that I'm inresistanle,B. It's inevitable."

"Couslon-"

"It's done."

"No,he can't stay here."

"It's not your decision to make,Hunter. He isn't safe out there right now anyway. No one is."

"We didn't need that sudden and abrupt dark tone there,Couslon,we got it."

"I advise you to stop talking."

Pietro sighs."So,when do I get to finally meet this Natasha character?"

"Soon enough,"Clint says."And she's not as nice as the rest. of us."

"I'll ignore the insult there,because I am a decent person. But I've heard some tales of miss Romonova's. And I know how to behave around her."

"I hope she kills you."

"She might actually have a chance ,Hunter."Pietro says.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

819K 16K 200
You and the Avengers.
36.3K 276 39
Hope You Enjoy!
28.8K 924 12
Romanogers and other Avengers in secondary school. No longer updating.