Entwined with love

By the_elysian_writer

Arinya Young is a 24 year old woman and one gem of a person. She is humble, extremely gorgeous and a remarkab... More

Author's Note
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58

Chapter-48

5.2K 173 2
By the_elysian_writer

Arinya's POV

How am I supposed to process what this man just did for me? How? HOW?
First the marriage proposal, which happens to be the greatest joy I've ever felt. Well, before I could recover from that, he ended up gifting me something that mattered most to the child in me who didn't go through a single day without craving for her parent's presence ever since she lost them.

My mind literally froze for a second after realising that I got my Dad's property back where he wanted to build a design school. It felt as if Ashton picked up a piece from my broken past and adjusted it in its right place. He made me feel a closer connection to my parents again.

The vision of bringing my father's dream to life kept me close to my parent's memories and when it was forcefully taken away from me, a part of me died inside. But, to breathe while knowing that I can now fulfill his dream felt such an overwhelmingly powerful thought and I felt alive again.

It all happened because of Ashton.
Ashton, what do I say about him. My dictionary has defeated to it's knees and is now unable to provide me anything that matches to the intensity of love he displays through his actions.

"Ashton." I mumbled, sniffing.

"Mm-hmm." He replied. We were still entangled in each other's embrace while sitting on the ground.

"We'll go and meet your parents tomorrow after office hours." I said.

He pulled apart from the hug a little and looked at me intently.

"We'll go." He softly answered.

"Don't inform them, we'll give a surprise." I said.

I personally wanted to thank his parents for agreeing to the marriage. Also, I feel a sense of homely comfort around them. Call it my selfish motive but I really want to soak in all their love. I realise the importance of having parents around and now that I have them as parental figures, I don't want to miss any moment to express my gratitude and seek their blessings. Apart from that, it will also make Ashton feel good since he doesn't really get much quality time to spend with them.

"Cool." He kissed the side of my head.

We stayed like that for a few more minutes before I again called for his attention.
"Listen??"

"Yeah." He whispered.

"By any chance, is there anything you could possibly want?"
I asked a pretty silly question but worth a shot, right?

"Yes,.." My eyes lit up and I gaped at him.

"You." He answered and chuckled.

Heat crawled up my cheeks but I tried to cover it up.

"But you already have me. Anything else?" I whined like a kid.

"I'll let you know if there'd be something but nothing as of now." He answered.

Okay, so an element of surprise and a lot of brainstorming is what I've got to handle.

Well I don't mean to be equal on the aspect that he gifted me something so I'll have to do the same. But the way he treats me, he deserves to be treated the same way and more than that, he deserves to be made an effort for. I'd give up anything just to see him genuinely happy and smiling.

Suddenly, I remembered something I promised Aiden a few days ago. I guess, it's time for a fun sports day.

"Ashton." And for the third time I shamelessly bugged him.

"Yes." He replied calmly.

"Are you free day after as well?"
I asked, hoping that he has no meetings scheduled on a Sunday too.

"Depends on what's going on in that pretty little head of yours." He mumbled.

"Turns out I have a promise to fulfill and we've got friends to announce the big decision." I explained.

"What promise? And to whom?"
He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I made one to Aiden and for that I am supposed to organize a sports day."
I replied and he looked sort of amused.

"How about a little mischief then?" He asked.

"Care to explain." I said as I couldn't really gauge what he meant.

"Just play along when I hint you to."
He shrugged and I agreed.

I fished out my phone from my pocket and submerged myself in searching for sports complexes nearby.

"Um do you know any good sports complex around." I asked.

He took my phone, locked it and slid in my pocket again.

"You need not worry about the arrangements, I'll handle it. It's been a long day for both of us so let's just call it a night and crash already."
He suggested and I agreed.

I entered my room and he retired to his after we shared a sweet good night kiss. Call it the caffeine's influence or my love sickeness towards Ashton, I just couldn't sleep. I admit, I was craving for his presence around me despite the fact that I just saw him 10 minutes before and he is literally in the room next to mine.

I tried to sleep for another twenty minutes, but all in vain. I kept tossing and turning like a restless creature. The notorious suit of mine could only resort to a thought that only mentioned of sneaking to his room quietly like a creep.

As desperate as the move seemed to my brain, I bluntly retaliated that thought and tip-toed my way to his room. For some reason, I was internally hoping that he was asleep by now.

I twisted the knob to his room noiselessly and saw him sleeping on his bed peacefully. The room was devoid of any light except the moonlight, seeping it's way through the undone blinds. Well, I must say that the night skyline view from his room looked exceptionally stupendous. The citylights seemed like a starry trail and it calmed my soul.

His back was turned towards the door and I managed to enter the room without disturbing his sleep. I decided to sit on the single sofa chair placed adjacent to the window panes.

I took a few steps forward and just when I thought I would silently sit and admire the man along with the beauty around me, something had to go wrong.
I accidentally bumped my knee to the side of his bed and my feet got tangled to the rug. Hence, I landed on the floor with a low thud sound.

What is with me and stubbing my toe to the first thing in sight possible?

"Ouch." I winced in pain, rubbing my elbow.

Ashton woke up and turned on the nightstand lamp. He rubbed his eyes, adjusting to the light.

"Arinya." His confused voice echoed in the silent room when he saw me lying on the floor.

He threw the comforter off his body and rushed towards me. He held out a hand for me and I stood up with his help.

"What are you doing here?" You need anything?" He asked sincerely.

"No..no. I--" I stuttered.

Yes, go on. Let him know that you were lurking around in here to stalk that pretty face.
My mind shot a mocking remark at me.

"Yes?" He questioned emphasizingly.

"I couldn't sleep for some reason and just felt like being around you..." I answered truthfully.

I sighed and continued my blabbering.
"I know I acted stupidly and I am genuinely sorry for disturbing your sleep at such an odd hour."

His smile widened in amusement.

"I terribly missed you would have been more appropriate, isn't it? "
He stated sarcastically and chuckled.

"Have fun at my expense all you want but it is what it is." I pouted like a child.

"First off, you needn't be sorry for it ever. I rather like it."
He smiled and I returned the same.

"You must go back to sleep now. I'll take my leave."
I whispered when the dominating yet sane part of my existence screamed that he needs to rest.

"Stay." He said looking into my eyes.

I couldn't help but say yes because let's just face it, that was exactly why I came to his room in the first place.

I nodded my head and stepped backwards, to go and sit on the sofa chair.

"No, I mean the bed." He said.

"Huh?" I voiced.

"Ah I meant, sit beside me on the bed until you feel sleepy and if it's comfortable with you then you can doze off here only. I'll maintain my distance if you'll need that. No pressure at all though."
He hesitantly whispered, scratching the back of his neck. I could sense an underlying affectionate sentiment behind his words.

"I would never want you to have any sort of distance from me."
I genuinely meant the words.

I occupied the left side of the bed and he took his previously occupied spot on the right. He covered both of us with comforter till our chins and turned off the lights.

"Night Ari!" He greeted and kissed my temple.

"Good Night." I replied. I snuggled more on to his side and laid my head over his arm.

He slept peacefully while our entwined hands rested peacefully over his torso. I would be the biggest liar of the century if I don't admit I've never felt this tranquility ever in my life. I kept staring at his face until sleep engulfed me too.

Next morning, I woke up in his embrace along with the widest grin plastered on my face. Just the thought of waking up everyday like this post-wedding made the zoo of butterflies in my stomach go all haywire on my senses. I moved in his hold and he groaned.

"What's the rush?" He mumbled in his sleepy husky voice.

"Good Morning to you too." I replied cheerfully.

"Good Morning." He greeted sheepishly.

"Now if you'll allow me out of your hold, I need to shower."
I said and instead of removing his arm from over my body, he held me more tightly.

"Yeah go." His eyes were still closed but a hint of amusing smile was playing on his lips.

I remained in the same position for a few minutes until I started fake-coughing. He opened his eyes and got up in a whim. I too sat upright while he poured a glass of water and handed it to me. I took a few sips and kept the glass back on the night stand.

"How do you always fall for it?"
I laughed and immediately got up from the bed. His face clearly depicted that he just got played.

"I am getting my payback for this."
He commented mischievously while I took off to my room.

I quickly got ready in formal clothes and headed downstairs for breakfast. Ashton was ready and already waiting for me at the dining table. We ate and left for the work.

"You must go inside first." I told Ashton.

"No, you are coming along." He retaliated.

When we stepped inside the office alongside each other, I got a lot of suspicious glares from other employees until we set foot into the elevator. I knew the office gossip will start now but surprisingly it hardly mattered to me today.

"Are you alright?" He asked, obviously the stares didn't go unnoticed by him either.

"Absolutely." I stated confidently.

The whole day went by being submerged in work. I was physically exhausted when the office hours got over but mentally I was super excited and charged up to meet Ashton's parents yet again. I came back home with Elle and instantly dived right into the getting ready process.

Moreover, Elle being the fairy of my life, helped me with dress, accessories and other stuff for the umpteenth time. I felt guilty of not telling her about the marriage proposal but Ashton had some mischief going on in his mind to break the news in some extraordinary way.

Ashton showed up at the doorstep just in time and we drove off to the King's Mansion.

"You look stunning." He complimented.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"On another note, your sport's day arrangements have been made. You may invite your friends now." He informed.

"That's great!" I exclaimed.

We reached our destination and entered inside quietly. Ashton gestured the house-helps to not inform his parents about our arrival.

"Where is Mom?" He asked one of them.

"She's in the back lawn Sir."
The house-help replied politely. Ashton took my hand and led me towards the back lawn.

His parents were enjoying their tea-time fondly. Ashton's father noticed our presence but Ashton motioned him to not say anything by putting a finger on his lips and he sweetly obliged.

Ashton looked at me and motioned me to step ahead.

"Go on." He mouthed.

We silently stepped ahead and I covered his mother's eyes from behind. She got a little startled at my touch but recovered immediately. She touched my hands in order to recognize me and a broad smile broke on her lips.

"My darling." She whispered and stood up from her chair.

I retracted my hands and she engulfed me in a warm hug.

"How are you Mrs. King?" I asked.

"Start calling me mom now because you're going to be junior Mrs. King soon."
She chuckled and I felt giddy.

Mr. King too came ahead and hugged me side-ways.
"Welcome to the family sweetheart, finally I'll have a daughter to side with me. Oh and call me Dad."

My heart melted at their tender words. I happily obliged their wish of calling them Mom & Dad. It much rather felt nice to me.

"Okay, so no love left for me."
Ashton complained like a child. I scrunched my nose to tease him more.

"C'mon, don't be jealous now. You know we love you."
Dad laughed and the mother-son duo hugged.

"Ahm Mom, Dad...I wanted to thank you both for agreeing to the marriage. It means the world to me." I voiced.

"No need to thank us Arinya, I just can't wait for both of you to tie the knot already."
Mom mentioned enthusiastically.

"We will." Ashton stated casually whilst wiggling his eyebrows at me and my face flushed with a red tint.

"By the way, have you guys told Aiden yet?"
He asked.

"As much as your mother wanted to do so, we decided for you to tell him yourself." Dad answered.

"We've planned to announce it to Aiden and our friends tomorrow."
He replied.

After a lot of talks, Mom went inside to make arrangements for dinner and Dad too followed. Ashton decided to show me his room until then.

We entered his room and after looking around for a bit, I sat on the bed.

"Someone's being too feisty today."
Suddenly, Ashton trapped me by putting both his arms on either sides of me.

"Who?" I asked oh-so-innocently.

"Well you'll tell me that." He announced.

He craned his neck sideways and came a little forwards. His lips touched my jawbone and I felt a burning sensation. He gave a slight nudge to my upper body and my back fully touched the mattress. He hovered over me while nuzzling in my neck.

We heard a knock on the door and mom's voice followed.
"Arinya?"

I looked at him with wide-eyes and he was blatantly smiling at me.

"Yes mom." I shouted.

"Dinner's almost ready dear. You guys can come now." She informed.

"We'll be there in five." I replied.
I heard her stifled giggle from the other end.

"Ashton let's go downstairs."
I whispered but he had no intention to leave me just yet.

"I believe, you hadn't answered the WHO part?" He mocked.

"Fine, that was me." I replied.

"So what about the payback then?" He said notoriously.

"Can't we do this later?" I proposed.

"No." He bluntly replied.

"But they're waiting downstairs for us. This doesn't look nice, no?" I said.

"Work your charm on me a little, then I'll think about it." He replied gleefully.

I kissed his cheek and looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Try a little harder Ari, where's my dedicated girl at today?"
He spoke nonchalantly.

I huffed and pecked his lips for a brief second when I found no other option.

"I loved it but something on the spicier side might work." He commented.

"Ashton it's not right to keep them hanging at the dinner table." I said.

"Oh the way mom left laughing from out there, she knows it's going to take a little longer than just five minutes."
He laughed and I looked at him in disbelief.

"You're really shameless." I gave him a narrow-eyed look.

"I'd gladly take that as a compliment. Now come on we don't want them to wait more, do we?"
He playfully muttered.

I fisted his shirt collars and pulled him forwards with a jerk, leaving no space in between our bodies. A normal chaste peck escalated to an intense kiss within a few seconds. My hands encircled his neck and his palms busied themselves in my exploring my upper body.

"I hope the charm worked." I whispered once we broke the kiss.

"It worked the first time when you kissed me on the cheek, all of it was an added bonus."
He guffawed and winked at me.

After our mini-banter, we went downstairs and filled our stomachs with the yummiest dinner. Mom had a knowing teasing look lingering on her face which didn't go unnoticed by me.

But at the end of the day, it all felt as if God and my own parents blessed me with something that I've been yearning for the past few years.
After all, wait was worthwhile.

___________________________________________

Thank you so much for sparing your precious few minutes every time I post a new update, despite of my irregular uploading patterns.
Lots of love your way.
Stay happy & safe.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459 54 14
She didn't know losing her bracelet on the street was the answer to all her prayers. Asena Parker a 24-year-old has been working 2 jobs to make ends...
3.3M 93.2K 67
"Stay away from me I'm not the man for you understand" how did this change to this "I can't live without her", read to figure out this one of a kind...
248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...
1.6M 46K 35
One childhood promise; Two people falling in love; Three forbidden words. Annabeth Chandler and Colton Zaccarelli made a childhood promise to each...