TAINTED HEART | D.HALE

By haleshoe

and for you i keep my legs apart, and forget about my tainted heart TEENWOLF SEASON 3b-4 DEREK HALE x OC (no... More

TAINTED HEART
SYNOPSIS
ACT I
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
ACT II
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO

CHAPTER FIVE

7.1K 212 112
By haleshoe

chapter five
(illuminated)

Sofia wasn't sure how long she stayed locked in that bathroom. All she knew was that she never wanted to leave. She had attempted to attack Peter without even realizing it. What was she supposed to do now? Walk back out there and say "Hey! Sorry for trying to shoot you, it was an accident oops."

Sofia eventually left the comforts of the bathroom and moved into her unfamiliar room. It was a pretty basic set up. A full size bed rested in the middle, donned in all grey. There was a square mirror that rested on the floor against the wall. But that was it. The rest of the room was completely empty.

The girl sat down on the bed and looked around the brick walls. How had her life changed so drastically within a day?

Sleep had soon taken over the exhausted female. Sofia lay on top of the covers, still in her clothes from earlier.

Derek wasn't sure what had come over him. But he found himself wandering towards the hunters room. He knocked but there was no answer. He pushed the door back slightly and peered into the dark room.

Looking carefully, he could make out a body on the bed. Derek didn't trust this girl one bit. He observed Sofia's sleeping form for a second too long before swiftly exiting the room.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

The next day had arrived and Sofia eventually forced herself to leave the room. She would have to face the wolves sometime.

Upon exiting the room, she was met with complete emptiness. Not one body or sound occupied the loft. She wandered around the loft looking for any clue or sign as to where Derek and Peter might be.

After a whole lot of nothing, Sofia shrugged and returned to bed. As the girl started to fade, she didn't notice the small wave of energy forming in her palm.

A nightmare soon filled Sofia's mind as she drifted off. It consisted of the usual, her mother and grandmother.

Sofia watched mentally as her mom said goodbye to her younger self only to never return. She watched as her grandmother broke the news to the youngling.

Her emotions began to overwhelm the girl. Sofia twitched in her sleep, trying to run from the horrors. The complete mess of her mind had caused her to release the small energy wave without realizing.

Sofia sat up as a loud crash sounded through the room. She looked over and noticed the mirror was now shattered. Confused and worried, Sofia looked around for the cause of it.

She quickly got up and locked her bedroom door. The 24-year-old ran to the bed and grabbed a pillow. She rushed into the bathroom and locked that as well.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia assumed she had dozed off again. A loud shout broke her slumber. She slowly stood up from the bathroom wall and gently opened the door. Her room was pitch black so she gently used the wall to help her find the bedroom door.

As soon as she exited the room, she was filled with instant regret. The entire loft was covered in colorful black lights and teenagers running to the exit. She looked around in confusion. How had she missed a literal party happening outside her door?

The more she looked around, the more she noticed. As the room started to clear, Sofia noticed a couple people dressed in all black with weird masks on. She saw Derek standing in the middle of the room and a couple teenagers off to the side.

Sofia stepped further into the room at the same time three more teenagers came hurdling in the room carrying a boy.

What the fuck was happening.

After all the glowing teenagers had scrambled away, except for the few she saw come in, the men in the dark clothing turned towards the boy standing alone. He was covered in green paint and looked concerned.

"Guys, they're all looking at me," he called out.

The dark figures took a step closer. "Why are they all looking at me?"

The cloaked things continued to move even closer with each word said. Suddenly, Derek and another teenage boy lunged for the beings.

Sofia was too stunned to move. She watched in horror as the two men entered a battle with the dark figures.

Derek snapped one of their necks only for it to twist back in place. The creature threw Derek back and he landed on his stomach.

Sofia rushed to his side and crouched down, "Dude, are you okay?"

Derek slowly pushed himself up and glared at the woman. They both turned and watched the other teenager fall prey to the figures as well.

Once again, they all turned to the boy in green paint. Suddenly, a boy with dark blonde hair and a blue shirt marched up to them.

Sofia was too busy helping Derek sit up to watch what happened next. When she finally turned back to the situation, the creatures seemed to be swept away by the sun.

Derek hobbled over to the fallen boy while Sofia stayed rooted to the ground in silence.

"What the hell were those things?" The dark-haired teen asked.

"Your dad's 24 hours are up," the blonde-haired one said.

The group fell into silence again. Sofia wasn't sure the last couple minutes had really happened.

"Well," she started causing all the teens to turn to the stranger in confusion, "happy halloween."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Derek had sent the teenagers away soon after the incident. Scott, as Sofia had learned, tried to ask questions about the older woman but Derek had shooed him away before he got the chance.

Sofia spent the next half hour listening to Derek explain who and what each of those teenagers were. She learned about the sacrifices, the kanima, and all the fallen teenagers.

Somehow during the day, Sofia ended up at Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. She walked up the front desk and smiled at the lady in the green scrubs.

"Hi, I'm looking for Melissa McCall."

The lady smiled back with a slight tint of concern, "That would be me."

Sofia was confused for a second but covered it up. When Derek told her Scott's mom worked at the hospital, she had expected someone a little older. Melissa looked to be in her early 30's.

"Is there somewhere private we could speak?" Sofia looked around.

Melissa, knowing nothing about the young woman, carried a skeptical look, "May I ask what this is about?"

Sofia leaned a little closer to the desk, "I'm currently staying with Derek Hale." Sofia hoped Melissa would understand what she was insinuating.

Melissa quickly changed her facial expression to one of surprise. She had heard her son mention a girl he didn't know at Derek's loft, "Oh, it's one of those issues."

She stood up and motioned for Sofia to follow. They ended up in an empty infirmary room.

"Is this a werewolf situation that needs to be discussed?" Melissa asked.

Sofia quickly shook her head, "No, no! I'm human but, uh, something weird has started happening to me."

Melissa nodded for her to continue, "I don't know exactly when it started but not too long ago," Sofia held her shaking hand out. "It feels like there's something moving through my hand."

"Moving like an insect?" Melissa examined the girls hand.

"No. Moving like energy."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"Why can't I go with you?" Sofia pleaded. She had returned from the hospital to find Derek leaving. Melissa wasn't too much help and told her to return the next time it happened but she didn't expect any explanations from her.

Derek huffed, "These are my people and my problems. This is none of your business or concern."

"You can't tell me what to do, I'm coming," Sofia attempted to reach for her gun but Derek threw it across the loft.

"No. Just do us all a favor and stay out of the way," Derek stormed out of the loft before Sofia could say anything else.

"Should've left him chained up in Mexico," Sofia angrily mumbled.

She grabbed a different gun from her room and made her way out the door. Derek was an idiot if he really thought she would stay put just because he told her to.

Soon enough, Sofia had made her way to the McCall house. She watched Derek break through the front door.

Sofia hurried up the street and followed into the house. Derek and Scott were engaged in a fight with the dark figures. She noticed Melissa scrambling to look for something.

Suddenly one of the oni appeared behind the scared-looking girl. Sofia quickly aimed her silver pistol at the being and fired three shots. The oni she had attempted to harm turned in her direction slowly. It looked at her for a minute, almost like it was examining her.

The arrival of the girl had caused Derek and Scott to break focus momentarily. Unexpectedly, the glass window to Sofia's right shattered instantaneously as two people jumped through it.

Sofia looked over and noticed the twin wolves crouched down. They stood and growled, bearing their sharp teeth.

Before she could stop herself, Sofia fired a shot at the twins. Lucky for them, they had lunged into the fight before the bullet could hit them.

Sofia wasn't sure why she did it but immediately snapped out of her distracted trance and rushed to the frightened girl cowering behind a table.

"I got you okay?" The girl nodded and focused back on the fight. Sofia stood beside the girl protectively.

"Mom, now! Do it now!" Scott yelled to his mother after throwing one of the creatures out the window.

Sofia watched as Melissa ran to the front door and smashed a jar full of mountain ash. The dark figures stood outside the door, staring in.

Sofia walked into a different room to take a moment to herself. She steadied her breathing and wiped her palms.

Eventually Sofia walked back into what was left of the living room. She overheard Derek and Scott talking.

"All of the baseboards are ash wood?"

Scott answered, still out of breath, "Uh, yeah. It was Deaton's idea." The boy paused for a second, "And where the hell did you come from?"

"I've been following you," Derek answered like it was obvious.

"For how long?" Confusion washed over Scott's face.

"All day," Derek walked towards Sofia once he noticed her standing there.

"And what do you think you're doing here?"

Sofia ignored his question, "You are such a hypocrite. You told me not to follow you yet here you are."

"There's a difference. We are not friends," Derek spat.

Sofia scoffed, "Okay jackass, next time I'll just let an innocent girl get hurt."

"Wouldn't be the first time."

Scott stepped in as he noticed the heated glares. "Guys we've got bigger problems," Scott looked at Sofia for a second, "I don't even know who you are?"

"Sofia Calavera, pleasure," she gave a fake smile.

"Calavera? As in, the Calavera's?" Scott seemed taken aback momentarily.

Sofia's fake smile turned into a real one, "So you've heard of me then."

Scott looked to Derek for answers, "Deaton said the Calaveras are a family of hunters based in Mexico."

Derek sighed, "It's a long story and I'll explain it all later, but right now let's focus on the situation at hand."

Sofia followed Derek into the kitchen where Ethan and Aiden were taunting Kira.

"So what are you?" Aiden said.

"She's a kitsune, idiot," Derek said in his usual cheery attitude. "Use your eyes. You can see it all around her. The younger ones give off an aura, she just hasn't learned how to conceal it yet. She probably doesn't know what kind she is either."

Ethan and Aiden looked at Kira then back to Derek. Sofia leaned against the kitchen counter.

Aiden directed his attention to the older girl, "And what are you?"

She rolled her eyes, "Done with this conversation."

The three wolves watched Sofia grab Kira's arm and lead them out of the room.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia was enjoying a moment of peace on the staircase. She suddenly felt the house start to rumble. She looked up and noticed one of the creatures banging on the barrier.

"They just don't give up," Sofia huffed in exhaustion and walked back into the kitchen.

"What are they doing?" She heard Scott ask.

"Testing for weaknesses," one of the twins said.

The figures continued to hit the barrier and caused many things to fall over. Sofia watched as they started to reach through the mountain ash.

"Guys, we've got a problem," Aiden gained everyone's attention.

Sofia looked around for Kira and pulled the young girl behind her.

Scott hastily pulled his phone out and dialed someone. "Allison, please tell me that you have something. They're here. They're trying to get in and it looks like they're gonna be able to."

Sofia couldn't hear the other side of the conversation but tried to piece it together from Scott's side.

"A Nogitsune."

"Just, tell me what else."

Scott's face fell at whatever Allison said next. Kira turned to the boy, "I'm right, aren't I? They're looking for me."

"They're looking for a dark spirit. I know it's not you," Scott reassured.

"Scott, we're gonna have to do something," Derek yelled out. Unconsciously, Derek had gently shuffled Sofia behind him.

The barrier suddenly broke and the oni started to make their way in.

"Oh shit," Sofia whispered to herself.

"Don't do anything," Scott said calmly.

"Is he serious?" Aiden question aloud. The dark creatures started snarling at the group before them. Scott moved the slightest bit forward.

"I said don't do anything." Sofia looked down at Derek's shoes in front of her, needing a distraction. She could feel her heart racing.

She looked up as Scott and Kira were being checked by the oni. Aiden tried to move forward but Derek stopped him. The process seemed to last forever before the two were finally dropped.

While the wolves were distracted, they didn't notice the oni glance at Sofia. Once again, they seemed to be examining her. Sofia hadn't moved and stared right back at them. After a moment, they dispersed into thin air. Sofia let out a breath she wasn't aware she had held in.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Haleshoe is typing...

I think this is my longest chapter yet haha.
Do you guys prefer long chapters or short chapters?

Anywho, a lot went down. We're finally getting to see a little glimpse into the outcome of Sofia's experimentation, how fun!

Also i wanted to clear this up in case u were confused, the oni didn't check Sofia bc she's not completely supernatural yet!

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE —
so i don't remember if i mentioned this already but i'm gonna say it again if i did. some ppl might be like confused ab why she keeps going to the bathroom of all places and u might think it's just a redundant issue of mine.
in actuality — the bathroom kinda represents her safe place. if u remember, in mexico it was the one place she went where no one could see her breakdown or anything so it's a habit that she carried with her :)

Any suggestions, comments, or opinions on this chap? >>

hope you enjoyed! thanks for reading <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.6K 83
πš–πš˜πš˜πš—πšœπšπš›πšžπšŒπš” πšŠπšπš“. πšžπš—πšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πš˜πš› 𝚊𝚌𝚝 πš—πš˜πš›πš–πšŠπš•πš•πš’, πšŽπšœπš™πšŽπšŒπš’πšŠπš•πš•πš’ 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 πš›πšŽπšœπšžπš•πš 𝚘𝚏 πš‹πšŽπš’πš—πš πš’...
188K 4.3K 72
Derek Hale x OC Season 1-4 ©️ derekhalekolmlover
7.5K 289 8
"πΆπ‘Žπ‘™π‘™ 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑙𝑙 π‘…π‘’π‘ β„Ž 𝑂𝑒𝑑 𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑂𝑒𝑑 𝑂𝑓 π΅π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘β„Ž π‘π‘œπ‘€" ΰΌ„ΰΌ„ΰΌ„ "οΏ½...
17.9K 587 13
β₯ π’‚π’‡π’“π’‚π’Šπ’… π’Šπ’• 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒕, π’Š π’˜π’π’'𝒕 π’‡π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• π’šπ’π’– π’šπ’π’– π’”π’–π’„π’Œ, π’‚π’π’šπ’˜π’‚π’š teen wolf, s4-? liam dunbar x fem!oc Β©dunbarwp 20...