Property Of Vittore Martinell...

By NVMelissa13

When she was 14, Dalia was sold to Matteo Martinelli, the former leader of the largest Italian mafia. Flash f... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Author's Note
OPERATION: SIREN
The Code To A Don's Heart

Epilogue 2

186K 6.4K 4.7K
By NVMelissa13

Dalia's POV

"I'm so fucking nervous," I said lowly, scratching the back of my neck.

"If you want we can do this another time," Vittore said, reaching out over the table to hold my hand.

The soft clatter of plates in the restaurant, la Lanterne Bouillante was getting to my nerves. I wasn't even able to drink any of the wine that was in the flute beside me.

I run my sweaty palms over the deep red evening gown I was in, my thigh peeking through the slit at the side.

Why did I think this was a good idea?

"No I have to do this. I have to. It only seems right," I said and looked at him, my eyes going over his dark suit with a deep red undershirt that matched my dress and the necklace I'd got him hanging from his neck, front and centre. I was so dragging him to the bedroom when we got home.

We'd been at it like bunnies for the last half year and a lot had changed. I had turned 20 and he 24. We still hadn't gotten married yet but the mafia had accepted me with wide arms. We'd managed without Alexa's help, that fucking hypocrite and her girlfriend were pulling their gang higher in the criminal world. I didn't like that. I still wanted to punch her.

But there was still much I had to do like talk to my siblings again.

I'd been thinking about it a lot these past weeks and when I told Vittore he was on board with it all. We'd tracked them down, they always had breakfast at this restaurant on Sunday mornings.

I could see them now. my sister was dressed in a deep blue off the shoulder evening gown and my brother was in a maroon suit that looked dashing against his dark skin.

They both looked so different now. My sister was much taller and so beautiful, my brother still large and broad shouldered but there was a delicate manner in how he talked and held things.

They both smiled at each other and I felt bad like maybe I was going to ruin that happiness for them.

"Don't fucking do that."

"Do what?" I asked Vittore, not turning to them.

"Think you don't deserve to talk to them. They are your siblings tesoro."

"I know that but... what if they don't want to... see me or it's better if they think I'm still dead."

"Do you really want to do that to them?" Vittore asked. "Don't you want them to attend our wedding? I know you haven't said anything about it but its why you're holding back isn't it?"

"Yeah," I breathed. "I'm just so nervous."

"I get that tesoro but go on up there. I believe in you amore," Vittore said and lifted my hand, kissing my palm. His tattooed hand was a stark difference against mine and another unwanted thought popped in my mind.

Oh fuck. What would they think of him?

"Go," Vittore urged and I let out a breath, standing up. I can do this.

I walked past Vittore and he lightly tapped my ass. That was weird thinking back to how hard he usually hit. My Italian was a little kinky and had a bondage kink. I was fine with it. It worked out a lot. I liked pain, a little degradation and he delivered it. A lot.

The closer I went to my siblings, the more my legs seemed to want to give out just so I could turn back.

No.

Go to them.

My brother's eyes rose to meet mine over my sisters shoulders.

Fuck I can't turn back now.

I moved closer and Kay turned to face me too and said something low to Logan.

Just keep swimming.

Just keep swimming swimming swimming.

I stood by the side of their table as they looked up at me and I scratched the back of my neck.

"Uh... Logan and Kay Gates?" I said, my voice now having more of Italian in it seeing as I spoke it so much and being around Vittore so much was influential.

"Yes... can we help you?" my brother's deep British accent sounded.

"Yeah actually I...." I looked back at Vittore who motioned me to go on. I held my hands in front of me and wrung them.

"I just wanted to tell you about an off the grid and illegal operation that used to function. It was called operation SIREN and children, young girls between the age of 10 and 14 were sold to the people who headed it to become trained assassins. The best fo the best."

My throat was closing up as I talked and I hated the awkward looks my siblings gave me.

"Why are you telling us this?" my sister asked, her eyes narrowing at me as her eyes travelled up and down my body.

"Because the girls sold, some were children of millionaires who needed a little more cash. Millionaires like your father."

I gulped after saying this and Kay and Logan turned to each other before my bother begun to stand up.

"If you're some kind of reporter, we have no interest in-"

"No wait Logan-" I called desperately.

"It's Mr. Gates to you," he said with a glare my way. "Kay lets go."

"Fuck," I cursed and stepped in front of the two before they could fully stand up. "It's me. Dalia,"

Logan was in front of me, glaring down angrily. "You aren't allowed to mention my sister's name like it's nothing."

"No no no. Wolverine, it's me," At the old nickname I used to call him, Logan stepped back in shock.

After we'd watched X-Men and I found out Wolverine was called Logan, I'd called him that and nothing else for about a month or two.

"How do you... how do you..." Kay mumbled, looking me up and down, her hands shaking in the slightest.

"Kaykay," I called her. "Its me. Can't you see it? Your dad, he sold me to some mafia and I went for that operation I told you about. It was the day after my fourteenth. You and Logan wanted to come with me but your dad said no."

"Everyone knows that," Kay snapped.

"But does everyone know you dated the son of the mansion's head maid?" I asked lowly looking right in her eyes. "He was called Axle and he had blonde hair and green eyes. I caught the two of you making out behind the pool stairs and you threatened that if i ever told anyone, you'd take away my hidden stash of Halloween candy."

Kay held a hand to her mouth as tears gathered in her eyes and she shook her head. I swallowed the lump in my throat and held my arms together in front of me.

"Wait, you said our dad. Not yours?" Logan pointed out.

"You and Kay are Andre's kids. Mom had an affair with Uncle Antonio. He's my father. That's why-"

"That's why mum and dad didn't like you much. Oh Dalia," Kay cried and flung herself in my arms. Her shoulders shook as she started crying and I looked around at the people who were watching on. With a nod to Vittore, he called some of our men to clear them out.

When we were alone, I let my own tears fall.

"B-but you were dead. Dad said you'd gotten away from him at the carnival and... oh God."

I looked up at Logan, his image blurry because of the tears in my eyes.

"Logan," I called and he shook his head, a tear going down his cheek. One he quickly wiped away. "Wolverine, it's me. Come on."

"No. You're dead. I... I... you're dead."

I stepped away from Kay and went to him. "I'm not. I was just taken away but I'm back now. Please. I missed you guys so much. Please don't push me away again."

I didn't want to do this for that reason. They'd push me away and I knew they'd only want to be with me to reduce the guilt they had.

"Oh Dalia," Logan chocked out and reached forward, pulling me to his chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry we were such bad siblings. God we were awful," he cried.

"You were. You really were," I confessed. "I wanted to hate you for it but I couldn't because if mum and dad hated me and you at least tolerated me, I was going to take what I got. I just wanted to be close with you guys. I just wanted you to love me."

"Oh fuck Dalia we did. We loved you so much," Logan said.

"Yeah but you only realised that when I supposedly died. You two were the worst," I said shaking my head as they pulled back.

Just because I wanted to see my siblings didn't mean I was going to sugarcoat the truth. I was giving it to them. Hard.

"We are so sorry Dalia. I'm so sorry. I wish I could take it all back," Kay said from behind me and I faced the two.

"You can't," I said and a sob slipped past my lips. "You can't take it all back."

"I know I know," Kay cooed, wiping the tears off her brown skin and smudging her makeup. "But I want to try this again. God we missed you so much. Each and everyday broke us thinking about it all."

"What really happened to you that night?" Logan asked and I took a deep breath, wiping my tears.

"Dad took me to this warehouse outside town and sold me to a man named Matteo Martinelli. The old head of the Italian mafia, the Martinelli familia. I went for five million."

"That money dad suddenly had after the funeral. Do you remember Logan?" Kay spoke up and Logan shook his head.

"I spent those days in my room," he croaked and wiped yet another tear. "But its not about that. Dalia go on."

"Well... they took me to this place, the safe house and taught me how to fight, how to kill, how to handle pain... God it was awful. They'd put us in chairs and electrocute us until we couldn't handle it and those were the good days," Kay chocked on her tears. "The leader was Jordan Scott Martinelli, Matteo's first son and that fucker was a pedophile."

"But how did you get out and these men..."

"I was given to someone else," I said answering Logan's question. "Vittore Martinelli, another of Matteo's sons but also," I held up my left hand. "My fiancé."

"What?" Kay breathed, looking from my ring to my face. "They forced you into marriage?"

"What? God no," I said shaking my head. "I was given to Vittore a year ago. He helped me through a lot and I even managed to kill Matteo and Jordan."

"He's the head of the Italian mafia is he not?" Logan asked.

"He is."

"How did he feel when you killed his father and brother?" Logan asked.

"Fucking stocked if you ask me. They were just the worst but it was his mother-"

"His mother? What did she do?" Kay asked reaching out for me but I stepped back, not entirely comfortable yet. Her hand dropped to her side.

"Faye did nothing. She was the first woman to genuinely love me for fuck's sake and... she's gone. Uncle Antonio.... well I guess my dad killed her."

"Oh fuck," Logan said running a hand down his tear stained face. "How did this even bloody happen? Where's Antonio now?"

"I killed him," I said easily and their eyes turned worried.

"What about the police-"

"Law doesn't matter. Only justice. They have done so much evil, you can't even begin to comprehend everything. They deserved to die and I was happy I was the one to kill them."

"Did you kill mum and dad too? Because of what they did?" Kay asked.

"No. Vittore was the one who killed them. Good fucking riddance if you ask me."

"How could you even say that," Kay whispered.

"They sold me if you weren't paying attention and they hated me," I snapped.

"But murder... what have you become?" Logan voiced and I stepped back. I knew it. This was a mistake.

"I don't even know who you are anymore," Kay breathed and I glared at her.

"You never knew me. Neither of you did. You don't know what I've been through."

"Have you been through so much to kill in cold blood and not feel a thing?" Logan asked me.

"I didn't kill innocents. I killed the motherfuckers who ruined my life and the life of others. You don't know what you're talking about."

I shook my head. How could they?

"No wait Dalia. Let's talk about this a little more ok? You can come to our mansion with us," Kay suggested and I nodded.

"I'll just go get Vittore-"

"Not him," Kay cut me off. "Just us. Siblings."

"Vittore's closer to me than any of you will ever be so he comes," I stated and Kay shook her head.

"You can't go back to him. He's the leader of a mafia. What if he just sells you out? What if he doesn't even love you like you love him?"

"Vittore loves me. I've been with him long enough to know that."

"But he can never give you the safe life you want. We have enough money to keep you hidden-"

"I don't want to hide from Vittore I-"

"-we can protect you-"

"I can protect myself just fine Kay. I don't need the two of you-"

"I don't want you going back to him. He's dangerous," Logan suddenly chimed in.

"You don't get to play big brother now Logan!" I snapped. "You had your shot, you failed. I'm grown now. I make my own decisions and Vittore's one of them."

"But he'll change you-"

"I changed the day your dad sold me off you moron or weren't you listening!" I snapped at my brother.

I stepped back. This was a bad idea. I shouldn't have come to them. I was only making things worse. So much for them attending my wedding.

"No Dalia wait. We're sorry. We are just in shock from seeing you. Why don't we sit down and discuss this better?" Kay suggested.

Vittore took that time to appear. His form was imposing. Much taller than my brother, built like a tank, covered in tattoos and eyes as dark as coal. The necklace I gave him swung slow as he walked and put an arm around my waist.

"Va tutto bene amore mio? Ho sentito urlare (Is everything alright my love? I heard screaming)," Vittore said lowly as my siblings looked up at him uneasily.

"Va tutto bene, ma penso che sia stata una cattiva idea. C'è qualche possibilità che tu possa cancellare i loro ricordi di me? Sarebbe semplicemente meraviglioso (It's okay, but I think it was a bad idea. Is there any chance you can erase their memories of me? It would be just wonderful)," I mumbled.

"Posso vestirmi di nero amore mio ma non faccio parte del MIB (I can wear black my love but I am not part of the MIB)," Vittore said, his eyes amused but to anyone else (cough cough my siblings) his expression was stone cold.

I sighed and Kay coughed, breaking the moment.

"What language was that?" Logan asked and I stepped closer to Vittore.

"Italian. It was among the few I was taught," I answered.

"So this is your fiancé?" Kay asked and I saw her bite the corner of her lip.

What the fuck?

"Vittore Martinelli. Nice to meet you," Vittore said lying through his teeth.

"Oh so that's where you get the accent from Dalia," Kay said and let out a fake light laugh. "I'm Kay Gates and this is Logan, my brother."

Logan nodded, sizing Vittore up. He wouldn't win if they fought. Vittore would have him on his ass in five seconds or less.

"How about we meet some other time... maybe once every two months, to talk and make sure we are ok," I suggested and Kay nodded, her eyes still on my Italian.

"Wait no!" she shouted as if realizing what she'd agreed to. "Why don't we get back to Gates manor and talk there?"

"Can't," Vittore butted in for me. "We have a flight in a few minutes so we have to get going?"

"A flight?" Kay asked, her eyes going to Vittore. "Where are the two of you headed."

"Nowhere important," I cut in, stepping forward to hide my Italian. I didn't like the gleam in my sister's eye. "Just a few places here and there."

"Like?" Kay insisted and I sighed. "France, Russia, Germany, Italy and in so specific order."

It wasn't completely a lie. Nikolai, the Don of the Russian Bratva wanted us to go see him. It wasn't going to be the first place we'd travelled to. We'd been in Mexico for a good while, transporting a load of drugs and we didn't trust anyone but us to take them.

Vittore's phone rung and he sighed, picking it up. He said a few words and hung up.

"The jet's ready to leave amore. We'd better get there now or we'll get to our destination late," Vittore said and I sighed.

"I haven't found a gown or anything yet," I complained.

"I'll buy you one when we get there or do you want me to call Hannah?" Vittore asked and I leaned over his shoulder as he sent her a text.

Hanna was Lily's replacement, a girl who knew more about fashion than I did about the rain cycle.

"She's not allowed to bring me any Givenchy or Calvin Klein dresses," I stated and Vittore added that to the text.

Hannah had a habit of going all out with these things. We honestly just needed something simple.

"She's asking if she can bring something by Dior," Vittore grumbled.

"Yeah whatever but I want it to be short like-"

"No," Vittore cut me off. I sighed and hoped she brought me a short dress anyways. Vittore put his phone away.

"The pilot's waiting so we go now," Vittore said lowly, planting a kiss on my lips before walking away.

I turned to see my siblings once more, Logan with his jaw clenched and Kay staring after my fiancé.

"Once every three months, we'll meet here on the first Sunday. I guess I'll see you around."

With that, I left. I knew trying to find them was a bad idea. On my way out, I paused, my stomach turning. I quickly run to the ladies room and puked out all the food I'd eaten.

Even meeting them made me sick.

I placed my hand on my stomach and breathed deeply as more bile rose from my throat.

Sweet baby Jesus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 838 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
27.1K 2.5K 77
"Would you have killed that young boy!? Over a fucking purse!?"I shot back. It was a stupid temerity but I was willing to take the risk. "I would do...
9.7K 223 26
The strong pull to her. The desire to have something you never thought you would want again. A glance turned into an obsession. And he would stop at...
269K 9.2K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...