The Christmas Gift

Per DukeofArgynthos

Chris, Peter and Ava - the famous Johnson siblings who have been orphaned after a tragic incident, stay with... Més

It's a New Day - I hope!
Wait...what!?
United we stand...maybe?
What's going on...?
Hold up...!
The Gift Arrives!
Merry CHRIS-tmas!
Main Characters

So this happened...

45 17 9
Per DukeofArgynthos

Sebastian came over to the edge of the bed; Curious. His eyes all shimmering from inquisitiveness, totally ready for whatever Chris had to say.

"When I heard the news, in the car; If you remember", Chris turned around resting his arms on the table and rubbing his fingers on a silver pendant which was hanging around his neck, "I assume you took my reaction as 'shock' didn't you?", He asked, looking at Sebastian in a creepy look.

"Uh uhm y-yeah? would you stop that look of yours?", Sebastian demanded with a nervous voice, "Anyone would call it shock man, y-your parents...they...they died!", Sebastian said in a sorry voice, thinking Chris was not able to handle the trauma right now.

"Oh it seems you're sorry Seb", Chris tilted his head, "Don't be." He said sharply and turned around again.

The sudden change of Chris' behavior had startled Sebastian, he'd never seen a phsyco Chris ever before. 

"Chris, what the hell! care to explain?", Sebastian asked as he now realized Chris was in his senses, but Chris remained silent, "Chris!", Sebastian loudly said as if telling Chris to snap out of it.

"Christopher!", Chris shouted, "That was the last voice I heard of my father, before he sent me out of town", his voice now lowered.

"A simple mistake Sebastian! A simple one...", Chris said as if he was sobbing.

Sebastian was now getting the hang of things, "Wh-what... happened?", he then asked to understand more.

To this, Chris broke down; He sat on the bed after taking out a beer from the refrigerator, next to Seb.

"Well, I was sixteen..." Chris sniffled.

"This is going somewhere...", Sebastian thought to himself.

"...And life was shit", Chris continued.

"Something bad occurred?", Sebastian asked. Worriedly. 

"I-I don't quite remember...", Chris answered. 

"Oh", Sebastian replied; With a loss of words.

Seeing the true emotion of worry on Sebastian's face, Chris then said. Trusting him. 

"It was Mom..." Chris then wiped off one single tear.

Sebastian was confused, Mary (Chris' mother) looked pretty healthy to him, he shrugged.

To which Chris said, noticing his shrug, "Mary's step".

Sebastian gave a shocking expression now, unaware of everything, and got the meaning of 'it was mom...'

"I'm so sorry Christy, y-you never told me that in hostel", Sebastian quickly said, "Although sometimes I did find you a bit tensed always, but I just thought it was homesickness you know, I'm pretty silly I guess; And I should've picked up the hint when you once told me that...that your mom would've scolded you if she found out about drugs in the hostel, emphasizing on 'would've', like that's past tense so... oh I'm really sorry", Sebastian spoke hastily.

"That was all in one breath you know", Chris slightly widened his eyes.

Sebastian gulped, hating on himself for not letting him speak.

"You were saying...?", Sebastian tried to cover up.

"My mom and I were strolling through the park one day, and-and suddenly there was a... you know...a bullet shot, I only heard it - but couldn't figure out where did it actually go you know..", Chris said with a frown, "Both of us then started to run towards a bench but... where-wherever we went - people were screaming at us!" He whimpered.

"I noticed Mom wasn't able to run around as fast...", Chris said as if gulping down something big in his throat, "And- and then I turn around to...her stomach was filled with blood, she was shot!", he bawled, "She was shot the whole time...I-I kept wondering...and she was..", Chris then stopped mid-sentence as he couldn't speak anymore.

"I ran towards her, her blood flowed out like a stream, and-and she was lying in my arms. Still breathing", he said while laying out his arms as if, his mom was still lying in his hands, "Her breath was trembling and her eyes didn't open but let tears flow out, then... then she was trying to speak something but- but I couldn't make out what!?", he yelled.

"I took my ears near her mouth and heard her say...", Chris looked in Sebastian's teary eyes and said, "She said, 'Son...don't worry, he'll take care of it', and then she just kissed my forehead and gave me this...", Chris shakingly showed Sebastian the silver pendant.

"She gave me this upon her last breaths...", Chris said while crying and kissing the pendant

                                                                              Sebastian's POV

I've never seen Christy so...sad. Like he literally went from phsyco Christopher to little Christy in no time.

He's still crying, should I just hug him? it'll comfort him - but then he'll think I... maybe a pat on the back would do? what do I do to comfort him? Ok Sebastian go with your instincts... I'll just move my fingers though his hair and I guess that'll do. 

But, should I ask him about the pendant though? if it has done anything till now? and like, who was that person his mom mentioned; who'd take care of everything? 

These questions! If I ask he'll think I don't care about his mom...I mean his REAL mom, but knowing it is necessary... it's not that I don't care, but... arghh! Ok Seb, just move it!                             --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sebastian, after gazing at the blank wall for a long period of time while Chris was drying his eyes out, patted on Chris' head and run his fingers through Chris' hair - to comfort him.

"It's alright Christy...", Sebastian softly said.

"It's not! It's not...it's not...", Chris then said, "You know what my father did right after she died!?", Chris widened his eyes at Sebastian.

Sebastian now regretted his sentence, cause he now thought that Chris would've gotten even more FURIOUS, maybe his father did do something wrong. Something terribly wrong.

"He married that bitch! My siblings and I were in the funeral and all the while he danced in his wedding! He didn't even attend the funeral Seb...", Chris who'd now wiped his tears after getting angry again said.

"What the...", Sebastian said out loud, maybe by mistake; He had planned not to speak anything till Chris totally finishes what he wants to say.

"Yeah, and he didn't even hesitate to bring her home...", Chris said, "And we...we clearly couldn't handle it Seb, I mean she'd sit where mom would sit just three days ago...".

Chris then stood up, walked in circles, "Ava was really small, she still thinks that Mary was her real mother", He said, "Peter was taken on a trip with Uncle Frank, so he kinda got through it...".

"What about you?", Seb said and then mentally slapped himself.

"Kind of a long story still, like...father wanted that pendant badly but I didn't give it to him", Chris said while examining his pendant, "I mean, it's silver right...Dad could buy thousands more and besides, I knew he wasn't taking it as a last memory of mom...cause - clearly, he didn't care." He said while shaking his shoulders.

"So I just kept it you know...to which that oldie told me that it's either : giving the pendant to him or get out of the house, and honestly I wanted to get out of there so...yeah I ended up in the hostel. Seemed like a win-win.", Chris said with a smirk.

"Yeah...but didn't you try to research on your pendant or something? like... why would he need it right?", Sebastian asked.

"I did, but it didn't make sense so... I left it.", Chris shrugged.

"Ya know, I'm getting those investigator vibes...we got a lot of questions you know and what if we solve all of them?", Sebastian's smile turned into a large grin.

"Questions? like what?", Chris asked.

"There are a lot Christy, I mean... to start of, I'll just write it down on this page here", Sebastian said while taking out a pen.

1. Why did 'x' shoot your mother ? Who were they/him/her?

2. Why'd your father want the pendant?

3. Who's the person who's gonna take care of everything? (referring your mom's words)

4. Why did your parents go to the pawnshop today?

5. Who the frick is O' Theo Shaw? What does he have so special?

6.  And umm... what cologne are you wearing? 

Sebastian wrote these questions on a paper and pinned it on the wall.

"Ok, wow...you're an observant dude huh? These are some pretty nice questions", Chris said while reading the questions.

"Cologne!", Chris laughingly said, "Yeah that's the only thing I do know actually"

Sebastian chuckled nervously, thinking Chris might've got the idea that he complimented.

Chris and Sebastian then went ahead to playing video games and having fun...

"Hey Christy, when do you wanna start? The investigation...", Sebastian asked while looking towards the screen.

And that's when Chris' mobile dinged, A notification...

                                       You have one new notification.

Unknown: Having fun Christy? You're an orphan now, aren't you? Who's gonna take care of everything now... so sad. 

You: Who's this?

Unknown: Someone, but my friends know me as Nightmare. A living one.

You: How do you know my name?

You: Who are you?!

Unknown: You'll know Christy... bye for now 

Unknown: XOXO :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Investigation right? Yeah... we start now.", Chris said after putting his controller down and rushing towards the car.

"Now? Like right now?", Sebastian asked trying to pace and keep up with the running Chris.

"Right now." Chris said while putting on his black sunglasses.

Hey there! this is the author speaking.. hope you liked this chapter! 

Comment below your favorite part and yes, do not forget to vote...

Predict and tell what do you think is gonna happen next! ;)

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Flipped Per ratatat444

Novel·la juvenil

1.5K 105 27
{FEATURED ON WATTPAD UNDISCOVERED LIST} Sometimes, things can happen in your life that change everything. Moving to a new town. Your parents going...
7.5K 882 38
Oliver Brown holds the gift of seeing spirits. After losing his grandmother, he neglected the purpose of his ability, and soon after, lived a ghostle...
5.3K 554 26
Following her brother's suicide, all Lilith Johnson wants is to be left alone. For three months, she's bounced from therapist to therapist, watching...
113 14 9
Four siblings Archie, Haley, Jolie and Hannah Johnson travel back to where they grew up. Revisiting trauma and surviving death by the skin of their...