My tempting mistake ✔ || book...

بواسطة queensofsupreme

"TIME of death?" "2:38am" *********** Elijah Carson black the number ONE player! He doesn't care about love u... المزيد

Prologue
- Cast -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.

Chapter 70.

944 60 8
بواسطة queensofsupreme

Elijah POV.

I woke up early, took a shower, and made breakfast for myself and the two babies. It's sad to see them grow up so fast without their mother. I miss her so much and I know they do too.

My phone beeped and I looked at the message

Dad: Think about it, Elijah. It's been more than a year kiddo.

I read his message. I don't know why my family doesn't understand me. I don't want to go to Annette's will reading. I just want to forget her, her death, and everything about her. I already have the two babies that remind me of her, I don't need anything more. I don't need her money or things. I have enough!

Me: I have an important meeting today.

Dad: I will be attending the meeting so go to the will reading please.

My dad never takes a no.

Me: Okay I will, but only if you agree to stop asking me to go to parties or dates.

Dad: Fine!

Finally, I took my dad off my back, now I just have to find a way to get mom to leave my love life. 

I fed the kids and called Adrian to come to pick me up. I will just get this will thing out of my way so everyone can stop asking me about the will.

We dropped my kids off at my parent's place and then went straight to Annette's lawyer. 

"Hello, Mr. Carson, nice to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet you too Sir." I shook his hand and Adrian started coughing.

"Oh, Hello sir." He greeted him and Adrian.

"Thank you for seeing me." Adrian replied, sitting down. "Can we please do it quickly, before Elijah changes his mind."

"Well, there's not a lot Ms. Annette left so it won't take long." He said. "Here is a letter for you and the children." He handed me a letter. "Well, she owns two houses, one in LA and one here, in New York so she wants her current boyfriend, that is you, to inherit one of the houses and for her child or children to share the other house. She didn't specify if it's the firstborn but she left a million dollars for her child."

"I'll split it amongst them, thanks."

"Wait, how is Annette so rich?" Adrian asked.

"It's her savings and she got some of the stuff as a gift from her family just like you." I told him and he nod. "Bye Sir.

"Bye Mr. Carson and Mr. Knight." We both left his office.

"You know Annette only left me a letter, a letter bro." Adrian complained. "And she left you a mansion in LA. I swear she really loved you a lot."

"I don't want it. You can have the mansion, sell it, burn it or give it away I don't care about it if she's not here." Tears formed in my eyes.

"Sorry, buddy." He pats my back. "You will be fine." 

They said time heals everything but they lied, they really lied. Time just makes it worse especially when you have to see her children every day. How will I tell her where their mother is? 

"Bye." Adrian dropped me at my parent's house.

I opened the envelope and a necklace fell out. I quickly picked it up and started reading the letter inside the envelope. This is the reality, this was her final words to me. Heer children won't even get to hear her final words until they are old enough. 

Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I miss her, but she's gone and I accept that.

"Eli, you back already?" Dad said. "What happened? Why are you crying?"

"I have to take a cold shower, bye." I dropped the letter and ran upstairs. 

-   -  -   -   -

The next day, I took Ryker and Red with me to the office, and Uncle Marko ran to pick them up the second he saw them.

"Ah, I miss them so much." He kissed them. "Why don't you let them stay with us tonight."

"No uncle, I can't." I replied. "But I will be taking them to mom's house on the weekend so you can go see them."

"I will."

"Don't forget the condition."

"Don't ever allow Anna around my kids, and don't tell her where they are, because if I ever caught her touching my kids in your presence or anyone else's presence, you all won't see my kids ever again." He mimicked me. "Happy?"

"Yes." I smiled taking Ryker and Red from him. "Say bye to grandpa." They both waved. "What do you two want to do today while daddy works?" I went to my office. "You two can play on your side, and do whatever you want just don't distract me." I put them down at the little playground I built for them in my office. 

"I am glad you are here, I need you to sign some stuff for me." My dad said as he walked in. "Sometimes you need to leave the kids at your mother's place because this place isn't good for them."

"Yes dad, I will." I replied. "By the way, why don't you just sign it yourself?"

"Because you are the boss and you proved that you are capable of running everything without my help so sign these for me, I have to drop them at Jay's office." 

"Why can't you just ask someone else to drop them there." I said while signing the pages.

"I don't trust them." My father smiled. "You can drop them for me though, that's only if you want to."

"Sure." I put them in the file. "I also wanted to visit Uncle Jay so I will go see him now." I picked Ryker and Red up.

"No, no, no, Elijah." My dad took them from me. "You can't take the kids everywhere you go. I will look after them while you go drop the file at Jay's office."

"Okay, dad." I gave them all a kiss before leaving my office.

I went to uncle Jay's office and I moonwalk in.

"Your favorite grandson is here." I joked and he laughed.

"Elijah, I am your fucking uncle, I don't even like being an uncle but now everyone thinks I am old because you made me a grandfather." He got up. "I am happy to see you kid." He hugged me.

"How does it feel to be a grandfather?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Fucking old." He shook his head. "I swear I am younger than your dad but now it feels like I am no longer the playful Jay. I am getting old."

"Yes, you are, especially now that your children are going to college." I said. "Anyway, dad said I should give you this file."

"Thanks." He took the file from me. "How are you though? How do you feel?" 

"Great, awesome!" I smiled.

"Elijah I know those journalists just added salt to your wounds. I know you---."

"They also added some pepper." I goggled.

"Elijah, please be serious." He said.

"Listen, uncle Jay, I really am not mourning. Everyone thinks I cry and mourn for Annette every single day but I don't. I have my children with me, I have my other family with me and I am happy, genuine. I sometimes think how can one half live while the other half is dead but then I remember soulmates have nothing to do with death. She's my soulmate, not was my soulmate so inside, she's there and outside she's missing in action." I giggled. "It's just a matter of time before she dies inside me."

"Thee you go again, with the soulmates. Elijah---."

"Wait uncle, I know you are thinking I believe soulmates never die and Annette will raise from the dead blah blah blah but I don't. Now I will leave before we start arguing about me accepting Annette's death because I really do and I'd appreciate it if everyone just kept quiet and stop asking about Annette because you all know she's dead so stop it!"

"Okay kiddo, but if you ever need someone to talk to me, let me." 

"I love you uncle." I hugged him. "Bye." I left his office.

I was in the parking lot when someone put their hands over my eyes.

"Guess." She said and I smiled. She can't even change her accent.

"Scarlett." I said and she quickly removed her hands. 

"I miss you a lot, how is the CEO doing?" She smiled. 

"The CEO missed you a lot, kiddo." I replied and she rolled her eyes.

"You sound just like my dad, stop calling me kiddo." 

"I came from your dad right now, he was quite annoying so see you around kiddo, I have to go to the office." I got in my car. "Bye."

"Stay safe." She waved as I drove away.

I arrived at the office and my dad and children were both not there. I asked around and they said my dad took the kids to his house. I wish he could tell me before taking my kids with him. 

I went straight to my parent's place.

"Why are you not at work?" My dad asked as I entered the house.

"I will go back to work but only if Red and Ryk stay with me for the day." I told him. "I promise today is the last day." 

"I hope so." My father said. "Anyway, they are upstairs." 

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share please*

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

99.1K 3.4K 52
Aurora- Fun, Loving, Heart of Gold, Help's Anyone who needs it. She was all of those thing's and more until a man from her past had Deceived her. Da...
305K 9.3K 41
"You have lost your mind, what the hell do you think you're doing?" She yells at me. "Don't start with me." "I'm not starting shit, Elijah! This was...
95.6K 2.9K 59
❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥.❞ Living in a world...
523K 17.6K 69
"What?" I shouted dropping the phone as tears stream down my face. He can't be dead, no! The father of my child can't be dead. I cried switching the...