AGAINST ALL ODDS | BNHA X AC

By FUJI_SEN

This is a BNHA and Assassination Classroom crossover Fanfic. Nagito Serin wanted to change the world, wanted... More

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙[BEFORE READING THIS STORY] ! ˊˎ
✒ ACT 1; ❝ START OF SOMETHING NEW ❞
╰┈✎ 00; ❝ GRADUATION ❞
╰┈✎ 01; ❝ ENTRANCE EXAMS ❞
╰┈✎ 02; ❝ QUIRK ASSESSMENT ❞
╰┈✎ 03; ❝ ACADEMICS ❞
╰┈✎ 04; ❝ COMBAT TRAINING ❞
╰┈✎ 05; ❝ CAT LOVERS ❞
╰┈✎ 06; ❝ TURN OF EVENTS ❞
╰┈✎ 07; ❝ SEEDS OF DOUBT ❞
╰┈✎ 09; ❝ ISOLATED ❞

╰┈✎ 08; ❝ PREPARATIONS ❞

847 61 5
By FUJI_SEN

Due to the incident YUUEI had decided to temporarily close the school to be able to properly investigate and to give the students, specifically those who were directly involved to be given a chance to rest.

Well for Serin it was more of a troublesome thing. She couldn't leave her apartment due to Karasuma directly telling her to ('more like ordering me too' she'd grumble) and to rest due to her injuries.

Serin was the type of person to feel uncomfortable if she wasn't doing anything, having been used to being productive and always doing something.

In other words she's not used to taking breaks longer than an hour or so. But it wasn't as unbearable with Karma and a few others visiting (more like barging into her house) her since apparently calls weren't enough to check up on her.

Itona on the other hand didn't mind the break as he worked at his own place which he had said that it didn't have any classmates who'd cause their 'babies' to explode.

'There isn't much to do' Serin would always think as she lay down on her bed feeling restless. She had planned her tutoring session with Shinso and done all her homework. She couldn't go outside for a walk (or else Ritsu would notify Karasuma who told her to.)

'I wonder what my classmates are doing. .' She had few conversations with Asui over the phone and sometimes kaminari and maybe even Mineta would send her memes or vines or help with homework.

"Aren't you being too idle? You weren't brought here to just stand and loaf around."

She opened her eyes as her fists clenched at the voice so familiar. Her teeth grit at the tiny voice in her that continued to get louder.

"There's no time to rest unless you want to be taught what happens if you're lazy again." His eyes would look down on her shaking form that tried to breathe, her body ached with the gruesome training that clearly pushed her body over the limits.

"I'm sorry. . I'm sorry I'll do better and work harder. ." She'd always reply.

'I shouldn't be lazy' she'd think as she sat up her forehead was sweating with her bangs sticking to her face in such an annoying what but she could only hug her knees closer to her in silence.

Memories of him would come and go, she just needed to block them out. She felt utterly pathetic that he still had control over her.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

School started once again with the media surprisingly not hounding the school or the students at the front gate.

'probably because they passively threatened them to bring the police' she hummed walking in.

Her classmates were also early probably thinking if it would be better to arrive early when there were less people.

"Hey Nagito who do you think will substitute for Aizawa-sensei?" Mineta had asked looking over pass Momo to ask the silver haired girl.

Serin had scooted to the side so the boy wouldn't have to turn his head too far as she replied "I don't think there will be a substitute."

"Kero? But his wounds were serious kero. Surely he wouldn't force himself to come here." Asui had said to which Serin shrugged.

It was quickly proven that Aizawa was a boss as he came in with bandages around his face as if mummified with both of his arms were in a cast.

"You're back too soon!" The class said worried about his health. "You're too much of a pro!" Kaminari stuttered as Iida's hand shot through the air "So you're all right Aizawa-sensei?"

"Can you really call that alright?"

"My well-being doesn't matter." He said reaching his desk "More importantly the fight isn't over yet."

"What if they attack again or something?"

"Apparently, they think of it's as the school showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event." Aizawa informed the class.

"Security will also be strengthened to five times that of the previous years. Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled just because of a few villains."

Serin straightened her posture as she finally regained composure, a skeptical look was on her face at Aizawa's announcement. 'Even so we'll be using our quirks that will be broadcasted wouldn't the villains use it as an opportunity to gain information?' serin knew different ways to gather information or how to deal with people, it was part of her past so she could put her mind in a villain's shoes and anticipate or atleast understand what they may do.

"But that's a good reason, isn't it? it's just a sports festival." Mineta said. "Mineta, you've never seen the sports festival?" Midoriya asked his fellow classmate.

"Of course I have! That's not what I  meant!" 

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past the Olympics were considered the festival of sports and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know with reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory."

"And now, for Japan what has taken the place of those Olympics, is the YUUEI Sports festival!"

"Of course all the top heroes around the country will be watching. For scouting purposes." Yaoyorozu said.

"I know that. ." Mineta said.

"After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick." Everybody chattered about the possibilities of being scouted and yet Serin didn't seem to care about such an important topic, Todoroki noticed, it was as if she was sure of something.

Todoroki was curious. Serin was a mysterious girl who's clearly hiding some thing or maybe some things. Yet he didn't bother to actively pry, it wasn't his business, besides he had better things to do like to train half of his quirk while neglecting the other.

His eyes trailed back to the front as class finally started.

'he's been staring at me here and there, is he suspicious?' Serin thought. She wasn't blind, she wasn't ignorant not to notice her classmate's sudden interest in her. 'It doesn't seem to be suspicions but more on curiosity, so I guess I don't have anything to worry about.'

Serin would later learn to regret letting her guard down.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Lunch came and our silver haired student found herself standing in line. She arrived later than usual due to helping Kaminari understand a topic he was stuck on.

She didn't mind even when the lines were long, as Kaminari apologized for having to make her stand in line due to taking up her time.

"It is quite alright Kaminari." She shook her head at him "There's no need to feel bad about being confused on a subject or taking a while to understand it." It was normal to not understand some thing as quickly as they learned it or hope to.

It was okay to ask for assistance or question yet why was he acting so guilty? "Kaminari" she sighed as Kaminari flinched wondering or better yet expecting her to call him stupid or dumb

"If you ever need help with academics, you can always ask me for help."

'ah' he was speechless for a moment and gvae a bright smile towards Serin "Then be prepared cause I need a lot of help!"

"I wouldn't have offered if I thought I couldn't be of help." She uttered as she turned back to the line.

Kaminari felt happier, he was always secretly sad when people called him stupid or got so frustrated and gave up on teaching him or helping him understand the lesson.

His teachers gave up on him, his friends jokes about his stupidity hurt sometimes too. His parents were even surprised that he managed to get in the hero course, although his quirk was strong and potentially destructive, everybody knew that YUUEI was also strict on the academic performance of students.

He felt someone bump into him and he turned around to find "eh bakugo!?"

"Stop screaming you dunce face" the male huffed focusing on the crowd as he waited in line. Kaminari had turned to face the front rather awkwardly.

The ash blond haired boy had felt someone stare at him, the corner of his eyes confirmed it to be Serin. Then again she wasn't exactly being discreet with the staring.

"What the hell are you looking at?" He grumbled.

"Hi."

Yeah Serin was just that awkward. Bakugo merely clicked his tongue and turned away. "Man you must be really socially awkward." kaminari laughed nervously.

"Eh? I don't think so. . Maybe we just haven't gotten to know each other that well."

"Then how about we hangout later!" Kaminari grinned at her. "I'm not free today after class, how about tomorrow?"

"That sounds cool! I'll invite the others so you can get to know them too!"

"Okay."

It seemed Serin was faced with a dilemma, finding her lethargic friend no where to be seen in the canteen area.

Was he absent? Busy? Questions rose in her mind as she felt awkward standing in the middle of a sea of students.

'I should find a seat first' she scanned the tables to find Asui but to her dismay her table was already full.

"Nagito!" Kaminari's voice made her turn, finding him and his friends at a table, his arm waving at her to join them.

It wasn't so bad.

Joining the Bakusquad that is.

Kirishima was welcoming, Bakugo didn't seem to mind her sitting with them and Kaminari made her feel welcome at the table.

His occasional jokes amused her as she chuckled at how dorky he was. It was nice,

While it lasted.

The day would have gone by smoothly if it weren't for crowds of students blocking the way when the day ended. Students from all courses were there as they stood at the doorway of their classroom completely surprised.

"What business do you have with Class A?" Iida asked.

"We can't get out! Why are you here anyway?!" Mineta yelled. It was a very good question. Before Serin could answer Bakugo had beaten her to it.

"Scouting out the enemy, small fry." Bakugo said, as he passed by them and slightly bumping shoulders with Serin who merely stared at the boy as he continued "We're the one who made it out of the villains' attack. There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way extras."

"Stop calling people extras just because you don't know their names!" Iida yelled trying to avoid any fights.

"I came to see what the famous Class A was like." Serin turned away from Bakugo, hearing a familiar voice "But you seem pretty arrogant. Are all the students in the hero course like this?"

Shinso.

"Seeing something like makes me disillusioned." He made his way just infront of them. "There are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course, Did you know that?"

"The school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. And it seems they may also transfer people out. Scouting out the enemy? I, at least, came to say that even if you're in the hero course, if you get too carried away, I'll sweep your feet out from under you. I came with a declaration of war."

Then someone from class b joined in but nobody seemed to pay attention to him.

"Hey isn't that Nagito's friend?" Mina has muttered to Hagakure who nodded "ah isn't this kind of. . Awkward?"

The invisible girl was supposed correct but it seemed Serin didn't noticed the awkwardness.

"Hopefully it doesn't strain their friendship."

"Hey you didn't show up at lunch." She bluntly remarked. "Eh?"

'THAT'S WHAT SHE CARES ABOUT?!'  The class questioned. Well, to be fair, the proclamation of war was the least of her worries.

"I sent you a message." He said looking confused.

She blinked pulling out her phone before awkwardly looking at the boy "Oh.. it ran out of juice, sorry about that." She felt a bit embarrassed not checking.

He merely shrugged as the two started to walk away side by side, "ah Goodbye" she waved to her classmates as she turned to focus on Shinso all the while carefully pulling out extra notes "You can just chat me for questions." She informed the boy as he nodded "Thank you."

"I do hope you get transferred into the hero course, preferably 1-A, but you didn't hear that from me." She said when they arrived at the gates, "Say, I'm planning on visiting a cat cafe, want to come?" She asked,

"Sure." He hummed before flinching 'Is this a date-?!?'

"But I wanted to say like, I'm not going there just for fun."

"Not even for the cats?"

"Nope."

"I should be offended for the cats, but why else?" Shinso asked ignoring his cheeks that started to get red as he waved off the idea of it.

"Promise to keep it a secret."

"Yeah, sure."

Shinso had learned something surprising about Serin that day.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

'How. . Did it even end up like this?' she thought looking at the small bowl of strawberries pushed towards her. Oh she didn't have a problem with the strawberries, no she had a problem with the situation she was in.

Who'd even expect having dinner with the principal of their former school? Her eyes had move from the two Asano's. Gakushu and Gakuho to be exact if you haven't caught on by now.

Hours ago she had visited Gakushu to catch up on both him, the school and the education at Kunugigaoka.

Of course she was tired and sore from the training she did before that in preparation for the Sports Festival.

"So how is YUUEI for you?" The principal asked.

You'd think it was those drama scenes where the boyfriend introduces their partner to his parents.

"I'm quite curious on how competent the number 1 hero school actually is" he smiled making Serin avert her eyes, 'come to think of it in terms of Academic achievements Kunugigaoka is number 1 there. .'

"To be honest in terms of Academic studies they are behind if compared to Kunugigaoka." She answered.

Asano seemed quite pleased with a smug expression on his face 'ha and Nezu says his school is better'

Serin's face expressed confusion, turning to the person who sat beside her to ask "why does your father look so proud?" to which the principal's own son replied "He's just weird."

"Well atleast now I know where you get it from. ."

"Oi you're even weirder than me" he said under his breath.

╭┈────────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

╰┈➤ ❝ SECRETS FILES ❞        

┆ ❐ Serin is not used to being inactive, idle or
┆      not doing anything. She'll quickly feel
┆      restless if she can't do anything.

┆ ❐ Kaminari felt genuinely happy with that one
┆       interaction with Serin.

A/n:

Having seconds thoughts whether Asano should still be a love interest, what's your opinion on him as a love interest?

I feel like he didn't have much of an important role in the drafts that he could only do.

Also Nezu and Principal Asano rivalry, feel like it would happen 😅.

Also Kaminari and Serin friendship ( ╹▽╹ ), nobody asked but here it is.

Again sorry it took so long to upload! I do not want to make excuses, I just felt burnt out with BNHA (if that's a thing.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 2.1K 55
A crossover with two of the most popular animes! A lighthearted, comicidcal, fun, and maybe a dark little story I wanted to make. Set in the world o...
29.8K 704 17
What if Kaguya hadn't been sealed what if by the last minute she had saved black Zetsu and sent herself and Black Zetsu to the My Hero Academia world...
868K 17.7K 17
⌜ ❝ 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐘. ❞ ⌟ .・゜゜・  ・゜゜・. 〄...
23.9K 992 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...