To Know More

By _kiarawrites_

❝He was an unassailable vault of secrets. She wanted to pick the lock.❞ If there was one thing Noah Carter wa... More

𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
01 | the night before chaos
02 | a bold albeit stupid move
03 | wobbly legs and a warning
04 | something more to come
05 | all the rumours are true
06 | job's done
07 | monster
08 | a very interesting morning
09 | new (old) appearances
10 | burning bridges
11 | unnamed dangers
12 | dance with me
13 | proximity and control
15 | and so the milk spills
16 | twisted loyalty
17 | vanilla and coconuts
18 | brutal brawls
19 | panties
20 | unlikely, illicit alliance
21 | the predicament
22 | scream
23 | tangled strings
24 | crime and punishment
25 | sine anima
26 | not so 'potential' trouble
27 | the snitch
28 | the deal
29 | the punishment
30 | trusting the asshole
31 | someone like me
32 | he's trouble
33 | toleration
34 | gushing red
35 | i'm sorry
36 | dance with me, again

14 | father dear

3.3K 89 15
By _kiarawrites_

[ This chapter is dedicated to @TaniaTurner8 for the wonderful comments and support! I appreciate it so much<3 ]

| Amelia |

"What's happening here, son?"

The tone of command and authority present in the interrupting voice managed to halt the murmurs of the guests that had surrounded the scene - even though a considerable part of it was filled with puzzlement at our current position. 

An anticipating silence now filled the large space, the only sound I could hear being that of my own heart.

Faintly recognising the voice in my mind, I told myself to get away from Noah's hold right that instant, but I found that I was frozen in my spot, unable to move. So frozen and stuck, in fact, that I couldn't even find it in myself to avert my eyes from the dark forest green ones I was currently staring into. 

With his hand tangling itself in my hair, pulling my body backward, and the other pinning both of my wrists behind my back, there was hardly any way I could get out of his binding hold. 

Something in Noah seemed to shift as he heard his father's voice, enough to make him dismiss his irritation with me for the night. I saw the already deep hue of his eyes darken as he took it in, making his jaw tick so much I thought it would break.

Slowly, he loosened his grip on my strands. 

My gaze remained fixed on him - analysing his actions - as I felt his lock on my wrists slip away as well, making me shiver slightly at the sudden rush of cold air that met my body. 

"Just go along with it, 'kay?" He whispered irritably in the still tiny space between us, but before I could even contemplate what he had said, he turned around to stand beside me while casually encircling a hand around my hip.

Oh my god. 

If it wasn't for his father standing right there in front of us, I would've let out a squeak at his sudden action; he did it so casually, as if it didn't affect him in the least. Meanwhile, my mind was reeling with the sheer amount of times Noah had managed to churn my stomach today, all as a result of his seemingly off-handed gestures. 

I jerked upward just a bit at his ministrations, but - thankfully - Mr. Carter didn't notice, probably still puzzled by our previous position. 

"Is everything okay?" He asked again, raising his brow, gaze switching between Noah and I.  

"Everything's perfectly okay." Noah answered from beside me while tugging me slightly closer, something in his voice suddenly changing; I didn't know what it was, but his teeth seemed gritted and his words, forced.

My brows furrowed at the clear rudeness in his tone as he addressed his father. 

Mr. Carter was unconvinced. He cocked his head to the side by a degree - interestingly, a spitting image of what I had seen Noah do whenever he was up for an argument or faced with a challenge - while coming closer to us, his curiosity peaked. 

"Are you sure? Things seemed...tense."

"Everything's fine." Noah's anger increased, his eyes narrowing at the edges to stare at his father in hostility. 

Why? 

Meanwhile, the surrounding guests watched the scene unfolding before them, some whispering within themselves, but most silently waiting for what Mr. Carter would do next. 

Surprisingly, a chuckle left Mr Carter's lips as he glanced at the crowd briefly before inching closer to Noah, whispering discreetly in the space between them. 

"Another one of your whores, huh?"

My eyes widened in shock as the words escaped him, calm yet menacing, his face now suddenly sporting a malicious, mocking smirk.

What the hell?

While my face contorted into bewilderment as I stared at the both of them, completely puzzled by Mr. Carter's sudden change in demeanour, Noah simply let out a dry scoff, almost unaffected save the firm clench in his jaw.

"Just tell me what you fucking want," he gritted out, tightening his hold on my hip in anger without even realising that he was doing it. 

Heat sizzled under my skin almost immediately, but the absolute confusion at what was happening overpowered it.

Mr. Carter's mouth curved into a thin line as he, too, gritted his teeth, a sudden fiery anger burning in his eyes.

"If you want to fuck another one of your playthings, might I suggest doing it out of the sight of our guests?"

"I'm not a plaything, and I'm definitely not a whore."

The words escaped my lips before I could sensibly put a hold on them. I instantly widened my eyes, staring dumbstruck at Noah and his father, who had now anchored their gaze onto me. 

Mr. Carter's expression changed into one of surprise before he chuckled, straightening himself up. Noah raised his brow, not having expected me to speak up. 

"Well," his father consequently said in a suddenly casual, normal voice, backing away from Noah and I, "That's what they all say, isn't it?"

I couldn't help the tight clench in my jaw at what he was implying, utter disbelief and anger now coursing through me helplessly. But before I could say anything, he took a few steps back and smiled assuringly at the crowd, once again the sweet, chirpy man I'd encountered at the entry. 

His back faced us as he gave a last glance to Noah before tending to some guests, as if nothing had occurred.

What in the world just happened?

My chain of thought was broken by the sensation of a burning clutch at my skin, making me turn my head to find Noah glaring dangerously at his father who stood afar.

It was then that I realised that I was still in his embrace, his fingers placed at the curve of my hip.

Without a thought, I cleared my throat and pushed away, raising my eyes to meet his somber ones as he assessed my actions.

Before either of us could break the growing silence, or before I could question him, my arm was suddenly grabbed and I began being dragged backwards. Turning my head, I saw Leila in front of me, gripping my hand and leading me somewhere, a furious look on her face. 

Confusion clouded my features as I tried to get some words out, saving a last glance at Noah who eyed us in confusion and then shrugged nonchalantly.

The ground moved steadily under my feet as I spoke, still being carelessly dragged away, "Leila, what the hell? Is everything-"

"We're leaving. Right now."

"What? Why?"

She only huffed in response, and continued to tug onto me until we reached the large gate through which we had entered.

The chill air of the night greeted my heated body, providing some relief to what had been a gut-churning night. 

Embracing the feeling, I fixed my attention onto Leila who was pacing back and forth in the night, running a frustrated hand through her locks. 

"Leila?" 

Her feet halted in their steps when I spoke, but her state of distress remained. 

My brows furrowed as I walked near her, her back facing mine, and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Leila, what happened?"

I almost jumped out of my skin when she turned around swiftly and engulfed me in a tight embrace.

An audible gasp left my throat, my eyes widening as I finally realised the gravity of the situation she must be in. It was very unlike and rare of Leila to, well, display her affection physically.

As much as I wanted to know what the cause of this was, I said nothing while wrapping my arms around her back, rubbing it reassuringly. Knowing Leila, me talking during the hug would've just made her feel awkward, which was something I definitely didn't want. 

A few minutes passed before I decided to speak in a low tone, "Is everything-"

"I never, ever, want to speak to you again!"

The loud voice interrupted my words as Leila and I both froze in our places, instantly recognising who it belonged to. We separated from each other, questioning looks on our faces, before turning around to face the entry door. 

Zoey stood at the entrance; wild, unbridled tears ran down her face as she began descending the stairs hurriedly.

My eyes widened as I stared at her pained face, confusion once again being the dominant emotion occupying my brain. 

We definitely shouldn't have come to this party.

-

Phew. That was a heavy chapter to write. So much drama. 

But do tell me what you think of it. Did you expect Noah's father to act like that? What's up with Leila? What caused Zoey to cry at the end? 

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you're enjoying the story! I would really love to know what you guys think is going to happen next<3 

Until next time, 

Kiara❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...
3.5K 58 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
35.1K 665 38
Aurora Lopez had the intentions and goals of starting new, and having a normal life. She was met with difficulties along the way, and one of those di...
871 155 46
"He seemed like a puzzle to me, and I really liked solving puzzles. But somehow, I don't think that I would ever be able to solve this one." Amelia H...