Get You the Moon Δ One Tree H...

By maybankwalker

[ one tree hill -- seasons 1-9 ] I DO NOT own One Tree Hill, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ON... More

cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
cast, vol. two
chapter fifteen

chapter twelve

1.2K 39 3
By maybankwalker

Megan is at the cafe while Haley is working. She's in a highchair behind the counter and has some food and a box of juice. Deb is at the counter when a customer walks up. Haley is by Megan, dealing with stuff.

"Excuse me?" The woman calls.

"Yeah?" Deb asks.

"No one's waited on our table in about 15 minutes. I ordered the Reuben, not the tuna salad." The woman informs.

"Oh, gosh, I'm sorry." Deb says as Haley takes the plate. "But, um, judging from the size of your ass maybe you should try the tuna salad and consider it a favor." Haley backtracks, looking at Deb with shock. The woman glares at Deb, walking to her table. "To go then?"

"Let's go. "The woman tells the people she's eating with. Deb takes a bite of the tuna salad.

"Too bad. The tuna salad's delicious." Deb says with her mouth full as the people walk out. "Come again, fat ass!" Deb takes the plate, walking back into the kitchen.

+++

Haley walks over to Deb who is at the counter, going through her purse, and she's next to Megan's highchair.

"Look, Deb, I don't know if--" Haley's cut off by something falling out of Deb's purse and a gun going off. Some people scream and everybody ducks. The bullet goes through one of the windows. Haley instantly goes to Megan's high chair, hiding her behind her body, cradling the girl's head to her chest.

Megan starts sobbing at the loud noise, not really even sure what it was. Haley pulls away, looking at Deb in shock.

"Oops." Deb mumbles, smiling a little. Haley gives her an incredulous look, taking the sobbing toddler out of her highchair and attempting to comfort her.

"It's okay, sweetie." Haley comfortingly whispers, stroking the girl's hair. "You're okay. We're okay, honey."

+++

Haley gets back to the apartment and is holding Megan. She walks to the bedroom, leaning against the doorway, looking at Nathan who is on the bed and putting shoes on.

"You think your mom's a spy?" Haley asks. "Or a pimp, maybe?"

"What?" Nathan asks, laughing.

"She's got a gun." Haley states making Nathan look at her. "Yeah. She's packing heat."

"What are you talking about?" Nathan asks.

"Your mom brought a gun into the cafe today." Haley states. Megan starts squirming in her grasp and Haley lets her down after she almost falls. Megan waddles to Nathan and puts her arms up and he picks her up, putting her on his lap.

"Oh, and it went off." Haley says.

"What? Was anybody hurt?" Nathan asks, looking down at Megan for any injuries.

"No, thank God." Haley says. Nathan kisses Megan on the head.

"Unbelievable." Nathan says.

"I know. I'll talk to her." Nathan says.

"Now?" Haley asks.

"No." Nathan answers.

"Okay, but she's acting really weird and she's strapped with a nine." Haley says.

"I get it, Hales, but the playoffs are next week and my mom's an adult. Both my parents are, supposedly." Nathan says.

"Well, where are you going then?" Haley asks.

"The river court." Nathan answers. He kisses Megan's head before putting her on the bed and standing up.

"Nathan, your knee's all-- your mom is totally freaking out!" Haley says.

"I'm the kid, Hales, and I'm sick of dealing with my parents' problems." Nathan says. "If it's not my dad with a restraining order, it's my mom with a Glock. They're unbelievable. My one saving grace, my one way out is that if I play halfway decent in these playoffs I can get a scholarship and get the hell away from both of these lunatics."

"Should my mom have a gun? No. But am I gonna let her stupidity or anything else stand in the way of my dreams? Not a chance." Nathan says. He kisses Haley on the forehead. "See ya."

"Bye." Haley whispers.

+++

They're at Deb's house with Karen, Dan, and a woman Megan doesn't recognize. Nathan and Haley are sitting on the couch and Megan is standing between Nathan's legs, playing with his fingers. Karen is stood behind the couch, Dan by the TV, and the woman by the side table. Megan is only there because Nathan and Haley didn't have enough time to drop her off at daycare or Olivia's prior to this.

Deb walks out in her pajamas, stopping at the sight of everybody.

"Who the hell are you?" Deb asks the woman.

"This is an intervention." The woman states and Deb scoffs.

"You have a problem, Deb, and we want you to go back to rehab." Karen states.

"Yeah, Deb." Dan says, walking into her line of view. "We're only here because we care."

"You invited Dan to my intervention?" Deb questions.

"Everyone important in your life must be here united against your addiction." the woman states.

"So you got four people, including my sociopath ex-husband and a 2 year old who doesn't even know what an addiction is. Oh, yeah. I have a problem, alright." Deb laughs. She opens a box before looking on the armchair.

"Mom, we searched the house and, um, I found your pills." Nathan says, holding up his backpack with his free hand. "it's over."

"No, Nathan. My life was over the day you left me and decided to marry her." Deb states.

"It's not their fault." Karen says.

"Shut up, Karen. This was all part of your big plan. You've never forgiven me for sleeping with Keith." Deb says making Haley look at Karen in shock.

"No, it's me who hasn't forgiven you. The guy you tried to light on fire." Dan says. Haley looks at her husband, silently questioning how he could've failed to mention any of this.

"Okay, listen. The first step is to admit that you have a problem." The woman says.

"Oh, shove it up your ass. I know I'm an addict. Spend a week with these people, you will be, too." Deb says. Deb grabs her keys and leaves.

"I think we're making progress." Dan says.

+++

Nathan is eating breakfast with Megan when his phone rings and he answers it.

"Hello." "Yes, sir." Nathan starts chuckling. "A full scholarship." "Yes, sir. "I, uh, tell Coach K. I won't let him down." "Thank you." He hangs up. "Yes." He gets up. "Haley!"

"What?" Haley asks, walking out of the bathroom.

"I'm goin' to Duke." Nathan grins.

"I'm pregnant." Haley says. "It's not Brooke. It's me."

"What? Well, how long have you known?" Nathan asks.

"A few weeks."

"A few weeks?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how to tell you."

"Oh." Nathan sighs, sitting at the counter and Haley stands in front of him.

"Can you talk to me? Can you tell me what you're thinking?" Haley asks.

"Do you still want to go to Stanford?"

"What?"

"Stanford, for college."

"Um, yeah, I mean, of course I do, but I don't--" She's cut off by Nathan's phone ringing.

"I have to go."

"What do you-- N-Nathan. Nathan!" Haley calls and Nathan turns back to her. "I'm pregnant. We're pregnant. At least just tell me how you feel about that."

"I feel like you should have told me a few weeks ago. That's how I feel." Nathan leaves.

Haley sighs, frowning, and turns back to the toddler still eating her breakfast.

"Well... you want a baby sibling?" Haley asks. Megan grins, stuffing a banana slice in her mouth. Haley lightly chuckles. "I'm just gonna take that as a yes and not you just not really understanding me."

+++

Nathan gets to Rachel's and walks to her room.

"Hey." He greets.

"Hi." Rachel smiles.

"Well, you said to just come in, so I did." Nathan says.

"Thanks for coming. I know we should be at school, but, um... I really wanted to talk to you." Rachel says. "About the accident." She pats the spot on her bed next to her. Nathan sits next to her.

"I feel like we're connected somehow, Nathan. Like we're the only two people on the planet. You know, trying to understand this. And, well, maybe we can help each other through it." Rachel says, sitting closer to Nathan.

"Haley's pregnant."

"You mean Brooke."

"No. The rumors were wrong. It's Haley. You know, 10 minutes ago I was this close to my dream." Nathan holds his pointer finger and thumb about an inch apart. "For a moment, I-I actually knew exactly who I was gonna be. And now..." Nathan scoffs.

"I didn't see Keith." Rachel admits. "I'm sorry." Rachel gets up and blows the candles out while buttoning her shirt up. "I heard you talking to Peyton at the party, and I just... I, uh, I'm an idiot."

"That figures." Nathan mutters, walking to the door.

"Nathan." Rachel calls and he turns to her. "You're gonna be okay."

"Sure. I owe thousands of dollars in hospital bills, my wife is pregnant, I already have one kid I can barely afford, and I think my dead uncle saved my life." Nathan says.

"Your parents have money. Your baby's gonna be beautiful. Just like Megan is and you're taking good care of her. And maybe your dead uncle saved your life because you were destined for greatness." Rachel says.

Nathan smiles and starts to leave.

"Nathan." She calls and he turns back. "If Haley wasn't pregnant... did I have a shot?"

"Not for a second."

+++

Haley is trying to get a bin out of the closet when Nathan comes up and drags her out.

"Oh, come on." He groans.

"Oh, hey. I'm-I'm getting that." Haley says.

"You shouldn't be straining yourself. You can't risk falling and stuff." Nathan says, getting the bin.

"Relax. I'm pregnant, not elderly." Haley says and Nathan chuckles. "Oh. Anyway, I'm glad you're up."

"Are you kidding me? The semifinal's tonight, I could barely sleep." Nathan says, getting the second bin down.

"I want to go to Duke with you." Haley says.

"What?" Nathan asks.

"I got my acceptance letter from Duke. And, um, it just made me think about what I want and what I want is to make you happy more than anything else so I want to go to Duke with you." She giggles, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Oh, Haley." Nathan fondly chuckles.

"You've been so supportive of me and my dream for music and I just wanna be supportive of you and your dream of playing at Duke. So I wanna do this for us, okay?"

"How did I get so lucky?"

"It helps that your hot." Haley says and Nathan laughs.

"Well, thank you. You're gonna be so happy there." Nathan says as they put the bins on the table. "Well, I got to go cause I'm meeting Skills and Lucas for an early workout. What's all this stuff for, anyway?"

"Babysitting." Haley states. "I thought the extra experience and money couldn't hurt. Besides, I just really don't want to be one of those moms that's, like, completely overwhelmed and unprepared and always screaming at her kids the way my mom used to be. Oh, it's crazy."

"Well, you're not like that with Megan." Nathan points out, looking at the said toddler playing in the living room.

"Yes, but she's only one kid. We're about to have two. Two's a lot harder than one. And besides, as much as I feel like her mom, I--"

"Hales, you're way more her mom than her actual mother. You didn't drop her at my parents' doorstep and then hit the road." Nathan says.

"I know, I just..." Haley sighs.

"She hasn't called you 'mom' yet, but she also doesn't call anyone else 'mom'. And she goes to you for comforting." Nathan points.

"Actually, her favorite comfort person is you." Haley counters.

"Yes, but that's cause she's a daddy's girl. You're her second favorite." Nathan says and Haley chuckles.

"Whatever. Anyway. Um, the kids are coming by after school. And, uh, you know, you should stop by and say hi." Haley says.

"Nah. I'll pass. I don't really like kids." Nathan says. He starts leaving, but realizes what he said. "Uh, I'll like our kid. And I really like our alive kid." He says, pointing to Megan.

"Yeah, get out of here, you bum." Haley says, throwing a small doll at him. He laughs before grabbing his stuff and leaving.

+++

The kids Haley's been babysitting have been here for awhile and are not fun to be around. Megan has been able to avoid them, but they continue to attack Haley.

Haley and Megan are currently sat behind the table she turned up as a shield while the two kids throw things in their direction. Haley gets the phone and calls their mom, keeping Megan on her lap, her hand on her head so nothing lands on it.

"Miss Dunbar?" "Hi." "Yeah, everything's great. I was just wondering when you might be able to come pick up the kids." "Well, it's just that I was expecting you-- oh." Haley flinches as something hits her right above her eye. "Over an hour ago." Haley starts crying. "Uh-huh." "Well. No, I can't because my husband's got... hello?"

Haley starts breathing heavily and glares at the table.

"Otay?" Megan asks, slightly concerned for the young woman.

"Hey!" Haley yells, standing up, leaving Megan on the ground. When she faces the kids, she calms down a little.  "Who wants to go for a ride?"

+++

Miss Dunbar is finally back to pick up her children after the basketball game. Nathan is holding Megan while Haley says bye to the family.

"Thank you. Goodbye." Haley tells them. The girl hugs Haley who hugs her back before leaving. "That was actually kind of sweet." Haley says, shutting the door. Megan giggles at the 'kick me' sign on Haley's back.

Nathan chuckles, taking the sign off and Haley turns to see it.

"Or not." Haley says and Nathan laughs.

"Oh. You still think you like kids?" Nathan asks. Haley looks around at the mess.

"I'll like our kid. I really like our alive kid." Haley says, tickling Megan who giggles.

"Wuv you, mommy." Megan grins and both teenagers freeze.

"Oh, my God." Haley whispers. She laughs in amazement. "Oh, my God."

"Well, would you look at that? Now you are officially her mom." Nathan says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.7K 699 26
Isabelle's friendship with Brooke is mending, Lucas seems to have moved away and her other two friends have gotten married. Isabelle is trying to mak...
210K 2.6K 30
[ one tree hill - seasons 1-4 ] I DO NOT own One Tree Hill, any of the show's characters or storylines, I ONLY own my OC(s) and their storylines.
28.8K 752 23
Allie Bazor is considered one of the it girls at Tree Hill High School, along with her two best friends, Brooke Davis and Peyton Swayer. When a new f...
49.9K 762 23
(DISCONTINUED) Allie James, Haley's twin sister, is co-captain of the Tree Hill Ravens cheerleaders along with Brooke Davis. When Tree Hill's very ow...