Miscellany Of Desi Tadka

By Desi_Tadka

The stars shine here✨⭐ The moon blinks here🌙 The sun doesn't forget to peek here☀️ Cause here is the Miscell... More

Introduction
A/N
✨Iqraar✨
✨2✨
✨3✨
❤Pasban-e-Marasim❤
❤2❤
❤3❤
❤4❤
❤5❤
❤6❤
🤍Yearning for Paradise🤍
🤍1🤍
🤍2🤍
🤍3🤍
🤍4🤍
🤍5🤍
🤍6🤍
🤍7🤍
Sabr-The story of patience
1❣️
2❣️
3❣️
4❣️
5❣️
6❣️
7❣️
Petrichor💞
1💞
2💞
3💞
4💞
5💞
Epilogue💞
💕Almost Sold💕
1💕
3💕
4💕
5💕
6💕
7💕
8💕
9💕
First Fast
Caim🖤
Chapter 1🖤
Chapter 2🖤
Chapter 3🖤
Chapter 4🖤
Chapter 5🖤
Chapter 6🖤
Chapter 7🖤
Perfect Storm
1💝
2💝
3💝
4💝
5💝
6💝
Epilogue💝

2💕

5.7K 459 48
By Desi_Tadka

The old walls of the big Haweli were witnessing hustle-bustle since morning, servants were dusting and polishing the family heirlooms which were present in the form of the antique brass vases and vintage silver decorative articles.

Two swords were hanging on the wall along with a well-etched authentic shield to give a loud power display.

"Chodhri Sahab, wo darzi aaya hai aapse milne, keh raha hai karz chukane ke liye thodi mohlat mil jaye to achha rehta" One of the most loyal and trusted men of Chodhri Mateen; Shera informed him and he hummed.

(Sir, the tailor has arrived, he's asking for some time to pay off his debts)

"Bulao use andar" Chodhri Mateen ordered his right hand and Shera nodded, soon the poor tailor of the village was standing in front of the landlord, holding his hands together and bowing his head down like very next moment he will place his head in Chodhri's foot.

(Call him in)

"Maalik ek saal ka waqt de dijiye, Badi beti ki shadi ke liye karz liya tha, aapke pese jama kar hi liye the ki chhoti beti ki shadi ka waqt aa gaya. Main aap ka ek ek paisa chuka dunga bas, ek saal ki mohlat de dijiye... Aap Ki meharbani hogi." The poor man begged

(Sir, please give me one year for payment, I'll pay you every single penny but for now, I have to marry off my younger daughter.)

"Shera ise yaad dila de jis waade par karz liya hai usi waade par pura paisa chuka de, warna byaaj (interest) doguna ho jayega.'' Instead of replying to the poor man, Chodhri Mateen ordered his right hand and he hummed while holding the big rifle in another hand.

(Shera make him remember about his deal to return the money, otherwise, the Interest amount will be double)

The poor man was terrified by the warning and he left after taking the time of two weeks to pay off the debt.

"Chodhri Mateen Zan, Zar, aur Zameen ke liye koi samjhauta nahi karta." With an evil smirk on his face, Chodhri Mateen announced proudly

(Chhodri Mateen never compromise with money, woman and land)

On the other hand, his wife was standing on the doorway of his bedroom, tears were rolling down from her eyes. Her son Waasiq stood at a good distance looking dejected due to her mother's condition. And his forbearance gave up.

"Abba kuch to sharam karo, tum is umar me shadi karoge?" After looking towards the flowing eyes of his mother, Chodri Waasiq Mateen yelled at his father.

(Shame on you Dad, will you marry at this age?)

"Mujhe sabaq na de..., beta hai beta ban kar reh" Chodhri Mateen said in his deep voice while glaring at his only son, and again puffing on the half-smoked Cigar.

(Don't teach me, you're my son, so behave like one.)

"Abba tumhari do biwiyan aur 4 bachhe hain... Jis umar me betiyon ki shadi karni chahiye us umar me tum Apni shadi karne jaa rahe ho... Kuch apni umar ka hi lihaaz kar lo" Waasiq again shouted and this time his father Chodhri Mateen put the Cigar in Ashtray.

(Abba you have two wives and 4 children... You should think about your daughters' marriage, but you're doing yours! At least think about your age)

"Mard ki Shadi karne ki koi umar nahi hoti... Tujhe bhi koi ladki pasand aa jaye to tu bhi apna ghar basa.." Waasiq huffed and turned to go out of his home but then his gaze went to his mother who was standing near the door of her bedroom and wiping her tears.

(Man has no age limit to get married, even if you like any girl, you should also settle down after getting married)

Waasiq was deeply hurt due to his father's decision. Chodhri Mateen was ordering his wives and daughter to prepare new clothes for themselves to attend his third marriage. Even he ordered Waasiq to take his three sisters to Hareem's home along with bridal attire and jewellery.

Though Waasiq did not want to take that jewellery and dresses to Hareem's home along with his one real sister and two step-sisters, he gets ready to do that task just because of his mother. Waasiq knew if he went against his father then the cruel man would beat his mother to make his demand fulfilled.

<><><><><><><>

"What's the benefit of having such a rich father? I would like to be the daughter of that poor tailor who is working all day and night to marry off his daughters." One of Chodhri Mateen's daughters shared with her elder sister and she nodded in agreement, Waasiq was listening to their conversation and feeling sad for them.

Waasiq wasn't like his father, he loved and respected his mothers and sisters very much. He holds a soft spot in his heart for his stepmother as well as his own mother because both the ladies were equal victims. And Waasiq hated his father for his wrong deeds.

"Waasiq bhai I don't want to take these gifts for my future stepmother" One of his step sisters uttered in half voice when Waasiq was driving to Hareem's village.

"As if I'm dying to meet that woman who is going to become my new stepmother" He muttered with anger and his sisters sighed, all four siblings were hating Hareem without knowing that she was also a scapegoat.

"What would be special about that lady that our father is willing to marry her?" The youngest Sister of Waasiq asked him and he shrugged. Pulling the handbrake in front of Hareem's home, Waasiq gives a sign to his sisters to hop out from the car.

Knocking the door they waited for some two minutes to open the gate. Soon Jameela Begum opened the gate and passed a small smile to guests "Come in" four of them entered, holding the jewellery and clothes in their hands.

"Abba has sent these gifts," One of Chodhry Mateen's daughters said with a rude tone and Jameela Begum nodded.

"Have a seat" Jameela Begum offered them a seat and looked here to find Hareem so that she could attend to the guests.

"For this woman, abba is ignoring his wives? What's special about her?" Waasiq whispered in his sister's ear. They all siblings were considering Jameela Begum as their future stepmother. "Bhai I'm thinking the same. What's special about this woman?"

They were busy in discussions, at the same time Hareem entered the room holding a tray of glasses filled with water. "Assalamualaikum" she muttered and placed the tray on the coffee table. Waasiq's heart skipped a beat after witnessing the innocent beauty of her face, he forgets to blink.

"She is Hareem" Jameela Begum introduced her, making those siblings shocked and left the room.

"What?" Waasiq exclaimed in a whisper. His sisters were shocked. "Is she Hareem?" Waasiq asked to his sister as if she knew

"She is so young... Even younger than me.. How can Abba marry her?" The elder daughter to Chodhri Mateen asked Waasiq who was busy watching Hareem without blinking, he lost his heart in a single glance of Hareem he couldn't imagine her as his stepmother.

"We have brought these gifts for you"

"Wh.. Who are you to Chodhri Mateen?" In almost no voice Hareem asked Waasiq and his sisters. They all exchange their looks before replying "His children.'' Hareem's heart skipped two beats with the thought that she was going to get married to a man whose children were older than her. For a good moment, she keeps watching Waasiq's sisters who were older than her and a tear slipped down from her eye which she wiped in a hurry.

"Tum ye shadi apni marzi se kar rhi ho?" Waasiq asked and Hareem stayed silent. (Are you doing this marriage by choice?)

"Oo Hareem Kaha mar gayi? Mene kaha tha mere liye chai bana de" A very loud call made Hareem startled

(Hareem make me tea)

"Coming" She yelled back in reply and looked at Waasiq before passing a weak smile. "Hum jese logo ki koi marzi nahi hoti" mumbling that She turned to go and wiped her tears

(People like us doesn't have any choice)

"It seems she is not the culprit but the victim" Waasiq nodded in his sister's comment. Unknowingly Waasiq falls for Hareem and he decides in his heart that he won't let his father marry Hareem. After a while, Hareem re-entered the room with some snacks and drinks to serve the guests who were still beyond shock

"Why are you marrying our father? You're very young you can get a better one" Hareem looked up to the girl who was equal to her age, but she didn't have an answer so stayed quiet and passed the glass of beverage to her.

"Why are your parents marrying you with Abba? Is there any kind of pressure on your parents?" Waasiq asked and Hareem looked towards him, then lowered her gaze.

"My parents are no more, I'm an orphan" She replied meekly. "But this is your family! why is your family doing this marriage?" Waasiq's sister asked and Hareem smiled sadly

"They're not my family, but I'm a maid of this family" After replying in whispered Hareem stood up and fixing her eyes on the floor she made her way out from the room, but before going away she glanced at the guests. Her heart flutters when noticed Waasiq's eyes fixed on her.

<><><><><><><>

Only two days were left in marriage, on one hand, Chodhri Mateen was on the ninth cloud due to the excitement of getting a very young wife but on the other hand, Hareem was dying from inside.

Spreading the prayer mat she offered isha namaz and after that, she raised her hands making a cup of them.

"Allah paak at least listen to me this time" She muttered helplessly "I don't want to do this marriage, I'm not asking for anything impossible but just give me death... Please. My life can't be worse than this... why you don't listen to me?" She muttered in between her hiccups and closed her eyes, letting the tears fall like pure and fresh raindrops of water.

Her tongue was silent but her heart was putting her pains in front of the almighty. And indeed he listens and eases the pain of his servants.

After a long supplication, she folded the prayer mat and her gaze went to the boxes loaded with expensive clothes and jewellery, which she had received from Chodhri Mateen. All the

Female members of the family were deriding her and instructing her to be grateful in front of them, otherwise, a girl like Hareem doesn't deserve such expensive items.

"I don't need expensive things, I just want a person who won't treat me like a burden... Nothing else." Ignoring the gifts, she laid down on her usual bed, which was just a sheet spread on the hard floor. The environment of the room was very hot, wiping the sweat with her dupatta. She turned to her side. Carrying countless complaints in her heart she rubbed away the new tears from her face. "Why do my prayers always stay unanswered? Why" mumbling that she shut her eyes but slumber was not ready to gulp her.

One the other hand....

In the silence and calmness of night when the cricket songs and fireflies shows were becoming the reason of disturbance; he climbed the wall like a robber.

Hiding behind the wall he examined the premises which were deserted. Taking long but silent steps he went to Hareem's room, but the door was locked from inside. Gently knocking on the door he hid behind the wall.

In no time Hareem opened the door, she was quite surprised because no one was present there. "My ears stopped working properly!" scolding herself she was going to shut the door when an intruder pushed her into the room making her fell on the floor and lock the room from inside

"Who..are you?" She tried to shout but only her lips moved. She was shocked to witness an unknown man in her room that too at midnight. Only his back was visible to Hareem.

"Phup..." Hareem tries to shoot while standing up but abruptly, "Shhhh..." Placing the first finger on his lips the intruder turns towards Hareem indicates her to stay quiet.

"Aap?" Hareem was out of her mind.

(You?)

"Yeah me... Chodhri Waasiq Mateen" Hareem was scared, she was shivering like a dry leaf.

"Answer my questions" The terrified Hareem gulped and took a step backwards, tracing her act Waasiq also stepped forward.

"Stay away from me" Hareem mumbled, still taking back steps and soon her back was touching the wall.

"Shhh" caging her against the wall Waasiq terrorized her by glaring at her with his overbearing eyes. Hareem was stunned, her lips twitched and her eyes dropped two tears.

"Tell me honestly, this is a forced marriage for you. Isn't it?" Hareem stayed silent on that question but Waasiq got his answer when she sobbed helplessly.

" Don't cry and tell me, do you want to save yourself from this marriage?" Waasiq asked and Hareem blinked twice but then nodded with flowing eyes.

"Yes, I want," she muttered.

"I'll help you to save you from my father"

"But why?" Hareem was unable to understand the reason behind his kindness

"I don't want to make you my stepmother and I can't tolerate tears in my mother's eyes, that's why," He explained and Hareem blinked blankly.

"Come on, run away with me, there isn't any other way to save you from this marriage" He ordered so smoothly like it's a piece of cake and Hareem was shocked.

"Ru.. Run away?" It was difficult for Hareem to only pronounce run away, how could she imagine to do so.

"There are only a few hours left in your marriage with my father. Right now you've a chance, come with me I promise you won't regret, I won't let you face any trouble'' Hareem was numb she was shivering with fear.

" Come with me" grabbing her wrist he begins to drag Hameer after himself but she stops in between.

"I can't," she muttered, making Waasiq surprised.

"Why?" He asked with furrowed brows. This is the first time when someone refuses to obey his order, that was enough to hurt his ego.

'The son is two steps ahead from father in cheapness, at least that man is marrying me but he may sell me or maybe something worse than selling' Hareem concluded and pulled her hand away from his grip.

''Go back, I'll marry your father but won't run away with you" She took a step back and Waasiq nodded.

"Okay, as you wish. '' Shrugging his shoulders he whispered, giving a sigh of relief to Hareem, but before she could understand anything a big hand pressed a hankey on her nose. Hareem wiggled, using her whole energy and courage she tried to shout and push Waasiq but her fragile frame was nothing in front of Waasiq's muscular one. And soon her eyes refused to stay open, her body started feeling heavy. Waasiq smirked while lifting her unconscious frame on his shoulder .

°°°°°°°

Kisi khair me shar chhupi hoti hai aur kisi shar me khair,

Yeh to sahi waqt aane par hi pata chalta hai ki hum kis chhoti mushkil me phas kar badi mushkil se nikal Gaye.

°°°°°°°

~Naaz

𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊..!𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙼𝚄𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙸𝙺𝚄𝙼 𝙱𝙴𝙷𝙽𝙾 𝙰𝚄𝚁 𝚄𝙽𝙺𝙴 𝙱𝙷𝙰𝙸𝚈𝙾....;)

𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚂𝙴 𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁𝚂 𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙳 𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙹𝙾𝚈 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚃𝙰𝙸𝙽𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝚃𝙾 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙶𝚄𝚈𝚂.
𝚂𝙾 𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝚂𝚄𝚁𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝚂𝙿𝙰𝙼 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙸𝙵𝙸𝙲𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚅𝙾𝚃𝙴𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚂. ~𝙽𝚄𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚃 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 15.5K 39
Short stories . Along with songs .
40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
453K 17.8K 57
#1 Muslims 13/01/2020 #2 Indianlovestories 13/01/2020 #3islamic fiction 13/01/2020 #4Collection of short stories13/01/2020 #6 historic 13/01/2020 #10...
3.1M 130K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...