The Headmaster's Errand Boy (...

By NoOneToRemember123

As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to b... More

Character Introduction
Prologue: Meeting for the First Time
Ch 1: Reunion
Ch 2: Getting Situated
Ch 3: The Coming Storm
Ch 4: Echoes of the Past
Ch 5: Recovering
Ch 6: No Rest for the Weary
Ch 7: Peace for Now
Ch 8: Training for the Festival
Ch 9: Immature Adults
Ch 10: End of the Tournament
Ch 11: Field Trip
Ch 12: Calm Before the Storm
Ch 13: Battle of Beacon 1
Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2
Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1
Ch 14.5: Cleanup 2
Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3
Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath
Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out
Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal
Ch 18: Return
Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone
Ch 20: Finishing Cleanup
Ch 21: Holidays Off
Ch 22: The Game Resumes
Ch 23: Cowards are Never Trustworthy
Ch 24: Summer Vacation
Ch 25: Power
Ch 26: New War Brewing
Ch 27: Faces New and Old
Ch 28: Heartwarming Family Reunion
Ch 29: Back to Class
Ch 30: Downtime
Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score
Ch 32: Might Makes Right
Ch 33: Retaliation
Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed
Ch 35: Chasing the Bird
Ch 36: Tying Up Loose Ends
Ch 37: Final Preparations
Ch 38: Last Goodbyes
Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem
Ch 40: Dark Mirror
Ch 42: Peace at Last
Epilogue: Happy Family
Author's Note
Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture
Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday
Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy
Dark Mirror Ch 3.5: The Final Confrontation
Dark Mirror Ending 1
Dark Mirror Ending 2

Ch 41: Broken Promises

1K 14 7
By NoOneToRemember123

Y/N's Pov

I woke up, unsure how long I had been out. My eyes were filled with tears, probably from what I had seen. A doctor came in and told me it had been months that I had been out. She also said that Yang had been here every day, and that she was coming later. I was scared to see her. I didn't expect she would be too happy with me.

Timeskip

I was right. She came in and I was already sitting up.

Y/N: "Yang, I know you're angry at me, but-" She ran to my bedside. Her eyes were red.

Yang: "You said you would never leave! That you wouldn't throw your life away!"

Y/N: "We didn't have a choice!"

Yang: "YOU think you didn't have a choice."

Y/N: "You all had to survive. I wasn't needed to stop her, but I could give you time."

Yang: "What about afterward? Did you ever think about that?" I froze.

Y/N: "I... I... I never did. I guess I always assumed I wouldn't ever live to see Salem stopped. Even after we found a way to kill her, I always just assumed that would be where it ended from me."

Yang: "Well, here you are. Your girlfriend is angry at you for almost dying on her." She seemed to have calmed down a little. I sighed.

Y/N: "I'm sorry."

Yang: "You have to promise me you'll never do that again."

Y/N: "I don't think I'll ever get the chance."

Yang: "Still. Promise me you'll never throw it all away like that ever again." I paused. I didn't know what to say.

Y/N: "I... I... I don't know if I can."

Yang: "Promise me."

Y/N: "I... I won't do that again."

Yang: "What was that?" She stepped closer.

Y/N: "I said I won't do that again." She stared at me for a few seconds. I had no idea what she was thinking. She smirked.

Yang: "Good boy."

Y/N: "Seriously?"

Yang: "You left me alone for months. I get to tease you as much as I want." Her anger seemed to be completely gone, and she was acting as dumb and happy as always.

Y/N: "Seriously, I'm sorry."

Yang: "I know you are. I'm still mad though. Oh, there's a few things I have to show you."

Y/N: "Oh, boy. What?"

Yang: "Just follow me." She pulled on my hand and led me out to the parking lot. The doctors had already cleared me to leave and I had just been waiting for her to pick me up. 

I was only wearing my t-shirt and shorts because Yang apparently took my coat when they had to take it off me to check for wounds. I could tell she had cleaned it wrong because it looked like it was smaller.

Y/N: "What did you do to my coat?"

Yang: "Nothing." She smiled cheekily. "I just washed it."

Y/N: "Did you dry clean it?"

Yang: "Noooo." She grinned. She knew what she was doing. "What? It'll be a little tighter. Is that so bad?" I put it on. It wasn't slightly tighter, it was completely skin-tight. Any muscle I had was clearly visible. I looked at her, and she just giggled and kissed me. "If you didn't want me doing that, you shouldn't have been asleep for 3 months."

Y/N: "You're such a perv."

Yang: "Well, it's even now. You always get to see me like this, but I only get to see you in the dark."

Y/N: "I do not stare that much."

Yang: "Yeah. But I just wanted to see this all the time." She ran her hand over my stomach. I blushed and just got on the bike.

Y/N: "Just get to it. You said you have something else."

Yang: "Oh boy do I have something else." She got on the bike in front of me and I held onto her. She drove the bike way out to a forest with only a dirt path connecting it to civilization.

Y/N: "Where are we going? This isn't the way to your house."

Yang: "Well... You'll see." We came to a clearing with a house in the middle.

Y/N: "What is going on?"

Yang: "Ozpin built a pretty sweet wallet over all his lives. When he died for real, Ironwood and Qrow decided you were the closest to a... What do you call it when someone is the one who's supposed to inherit stuff?"

Y/N: "Next of kin?"

Yang: "Yeah, that. So anyway, it all went to you. But since you were still out, I had to decide what to do with it. So I found this nice place out in the middle of nowhere."

Y/N: "Don't you still have school?"

Yang: "Yeah, but... After we killed Salem, they just gave us our huntsmen licenses. They said you already had one. We're finishing the year just to keep from arousing suspicion."

Y/N: "So... You got this with it?"

Yang: "This was barely a drop in the bucket. I don't know if you'd ever have to work again."

Y/N: "So I assume your team got some too?"

Yang: "Yeah. But you got the biggest share. I spent some of mine on this."

Y/N: "Wow." I went inside. I noticed it had several bedrooms.

Yang: "So, wanna go break in the bed? It's getting late."

Y/N: "Um, later. I need to get something to eat."

Yang: "Oh yeah. The fridge is this way." She dragged me to a kitchen and we ate as she told me everything that happened in the time after we beat Salem. 

The Grimm didn't go away, but that was probably for the best. Oscar finally confessed to Ruby afterward. Blake and Ssun also got into a relationship during the next Vityl festival, which I missed. Some Atlas student won this one. Summer and Taiyang, along with Ruby and Yang were reunited for the first time in years.

Y/N: "I'm happy for all of you. It seems like we did the right thing." I remembered the alternate timeline I saw where at this time I was leading the Grimm into battle against all the people I ever cared about. I guess it showed.

Yang: "Something wrong?"

Y/N: "I saw firsthand what happened in the future where we brought the gods back. It's even worse than what you heard about." 

I told her the entire story. She just looked shocked.

Yang: "Oh. Good thing we stopped that from happening."

Y/N: "Yeah."

Yang: "Oh! I have something to cheer you up. Come on!" We went outside. It was already dark.

Y/N: "What's out here?" She got on a knee and pulled out a little box. She opened it and I saw two gold rings inside. I just gasped and hugged her, hoping she wouldn't notice my tears of joy.

Yang: "Uh, is that a yes then?"

Y/N: "Of course it is." She kissed me and pulled me back inside.

Yang: "Why don't we... Make it official?"

Y/N: "S-sure." I knew what she wanted. She dragged me into our new bed.

Timeskip

The school year wasn't over yet and there was an end of year dance, so of course Yang dragged me to it. I was in a suit that let my tail stick out the back while she was in a dress that was much more flashy than the one she wore last year. She was calling me her "Pretty Kitty" and other stupid pet names. 

It wasn't as embarrassing as she could have made it, but she still definitely was showing me off. Especially to some of the girls at Beacon. I guess unlike me her definition of staying unnoticed was making friends with everyone. She even told some people we were engaged just to watch me blush.

After the school year ended we got married. She carried me down the aisle because I'm not actually strong enough to lift her. I took her last name since mine was made up at the orphanage anyway, making me Y/N Xiao Long. Afterward she dragged me to bed.

Yang: "Oh, wait. I forgot to use protection. You wanna risk it?"

Y/N: "I don't know." I rolled over. "I don't think I'd be a good parent."

Yang: "Oh, don't even start. You'd be great."

Y/N: "I don't want to pass all of my problems onto them."

Yang: "You won't! Stop beating yourself up."

Y/N: "You... Really think I wouldn't be that bad?"

Yang: "No, you wouldn't. You're sweet and caring. You just don't know how to show it."

Y/N: "I..."

Yang: "If you don't want to, we won't. But I don't want that to be your reason."

Y/N: "No, I want to. I just..."

Yang: "Then let's do it. You really want to?"

Y/N: "Y-yes. I do. If you think I can." She grabbed me and kissed me on the lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.7K 378 20
There was once a boy who who watched his mother die in front of him only to determine him into fighting...on his own He grew up into a good fighter a...
1.1K 20 28
Freyer Drakkon a young man left in the slums upon his birth gains the first ever full scholarship to the prestigious Beacon Academy. As he grows clos...
33.5K 440 16
At Beacon Academy, young Huntsmen and Huntresses are taught and trained to protect the people and maintain the peace for all of Remnant's inhabitants...
54.2K 1.1K 14
The second semester at Beacon begins and Y/n's past has already begun to catch up with him, will his secrets disrupt his school life or will he come...