League Of The Broken Hearts II

By heartruiner

They're bad. And they're back. More

Eighty - Everything Alters
Eighty Two - Negotiations (+ Announcement)
Eighty Three - Four Seasons
Eighty Four: Petty Fights
Eighty Five - Things Unresolved
Eighty Six - Strikes Ni Tadhana
Eighty Seven - Confrontations
Eighty Eight - A Kiss On The Bench
Eighty Nine - Trouble Stirred
Ninety - Face Off Overrdue
Ninety One - The Birth of Another Jerk
Ninety Two - More More More Trouble!
Ninety Three - Singapore Negotiations
Ninety Four - His Favorite Place
Ninety Five - Baby Baby Baby Oooh!
Ninety Six - Rescue Operation: JCLJ Style
Ninety Seven - Ang Mahabang Hair ni Jiagh, Bow
Ninety Eight - A Little Bit of the Truth

Eighty One - Shocking Encounters

1.8K 49 25
By heartruiner

Magpopromote na muna ako. LOL. May bago rin po akong novels sa kabilang account ko. Syempre SPG yun mehehehe. I promise it is not a disappoint. Kahit ako eh naiyak habang ginagawa ko yun. So yeah, check out The Innocent and The Damned. Nasa external link po siya. :)

And also, sa mga mahilig sa fantasy, check out Dreasiana lalo na sa mga naintriga sa Colony sa Black Blood.

Yun lang. Thankies! Enjoyyyy!

-HR

***

Eighty One

Shocking Encounters

(Trace/Kent’s POV)

            This is not good. So not goooood.

            Well in my vantage point it is. I will see Lhia everyday, if not everyday edi every another day. Basta makikita ko pa rin siya. How bad did I wanted that to happen. To see her, hear her voice, hold her, touch her… I want that so bad that I’ll do anything to be able to do that again.

            Ngayon nasa harapan ko na ulit siya. How lucky am I.

            Kaya lang sa mukha nila ngayon, mukhang hindi ito ang tamang araw para mag-celebrate. Their faces are murderous. It’s not intended to me pero sa tingin ko kapag nagsalita ako eh sa akin mababaling ang galit na ‘yon. Jesus. Ano ba namang klaseng timing ‘to? Ang sama.

                 “So we can’t fix the contract right now but it will be done tomorrow, you have to come back tomorrow to be able to sign this.” Sabi ni Jhem na may hawak ng ballpen at ng clipboard, ready to take note. “May gusto ba kayong i-ammend sa contracts n’yo? Like your own clauses?”

            Umiling lang sila. I don’t really know about contracts, I just sign the heck of them so I shook my head no.

                 “May different contract ka, Kent.” Cris spoke, her voice restrained but it has something more to it. Disappointment? Anger? Contempt. It’s contempt. Towards me? “You will sign two different contracts. One is tomorrow via Jhem, your contract inside the package of the ROF and the second one is in Lhia’s care which will be your contract for a solo career as we are told.”

            Tumango lang ako, not being able to say anything under their pressuring gazes. Pakiramdam ko they are expecting something from me. Something that will make them tick off. Oh no. Oh hell no.

                 “Ilang talents ang meron kayo, Hunter?” Jiagh began to ask, taking notes as well.

                 “We have thirty fighters at our disposal. But some of them aren’t used most of the time in airing while a few are just waiting for a push or a debut.”

                 “So how many fighters do you have that will sign contracts tomorrow?”

                 “There’s a summation of fifteen if you’re talking about the regulars.”

            Napapitlag ako ng tahimik sa upuan ko nang mag-angat ng tingin si Lhia na nagtataka ang tingin. “Fifteen? And you have thirty? Half of your talents are dallied?”

            Hunter shrugged and shot Lhia a knowing look. “You know business, little trouble. There’s some that makes it, there’s a lot who don’t.”

                 “But it’s a waste of time and fees.” Jhem this time na parehong nagtataka rin. “And according to the notes, at least twenty of your regulars are newbies. I’m sorry I don’t watch the ROF but how… how many of you guys have remained from the same spotlight and not been replaced by new talents?”

            I lowered my head upon hearing them. I was always the main guy before. But I guess time pass, I am not the only one now. Sabi nga nila may fallback ako kung magre-retire ako sa street fighting. But it has been my life, I can’t leave it. I’m even certain na kahit hindi na nila ako kailangan eh nasa ROF pa rin ako kahit walang ginagawa.

            I can’t pass the torch. Damn I can’t let go.

            Just like I wasn’t able to let Lhia go.

                 “It’s us, the ones who remained including CJ. She’s sick so we left her to the hotel.” Narinig kong sagot ni Hunter. “Some time in the near future we’ll be backing down and stepping aside to make way for the new potentials ROF has. I mean we had our time, it’ll be over soon. But we’re still here, aren’t we? And that will all be that matters today I think.”

            Nakita ko lang na malungkot na tumango si Jhem, must be sympathizing. “I’m sorry. It’s how the industry goes.”

                 “I know and we understand that.”

                 “Twenty contracts.” Biglang announce ni Jiagh na pumutol sa iba pang sasabihin ni Jhem. “The other ten talents that are left will be packaged along the contract that ROF signed with the board members. Give us names, they all have to be present tomorrow. The other ten will have their option whether to come or not since sabi n’yo naman hindi sila gano’ng ka-importanteng mga talent hindi ba?”

            Hookay. They surely means business and not just speaks business. Goodness, what on earth happened to the girls I know four years ago?

            Tumayo si Lhia at kinuha ang folder na nasa harapan niya. Ngumiti si Jhem sa gawi nina Hunter at Cody. “Contracts will be ready for you freshly baked at eleven sharp tomorrow morning. Cris will ammend your company contract too.”

                 “Thank you.”

                 “Ah one more thing.” Pigil ni Jiagh na parang may biglang naalala. “Hindi ako sigurado but ready yourself just in case some medias are going to cover the official contract signing. Y’all know nosy heads. They probably think this is big because your franchise came from the States and you’re going to settle for District Eight to be your main quarters. So yeah, just saying.”

                 “So we’ll see you guys tomorrow morning at eleven.” Then Jhem shook our hands. I think siya lang ang madaling kausap sa kanilang apat sa ngayon. Well it’s the Jhem I know. The soft one. “Kent, you’ll go with Lhia to discuss your solo contract. She’ll take care of you.”

            Napangiti ako. I like the ‘taking care of me’ part.

            Speak of Lhia, she went around the conference table smiling at Hunter and Sean. When she reached them agad na yumakap si Hunter sa kanya. I saw her eyes widened in fear and her shoulder tensed but she didn’t back away. Mga ilang segundo lang ang itinagal ng reaksyon niya when she blank out anything from her face but I could still see the tense angle in her shoulders. Yumakap rin si Sean at Cody sa kanya. Then I saw her foot stepped back when JayGee moved to hug her.

            What on earth is going on?

                 “Well we’ll see you tomorrow?” nakangiti nang sabi ni Hunter na tinanguan ni Lhia.

                 “I’ll see you tomorrow, kuya. Goodbye.” Then she eyed me like commanding me to follow her so I scurried to get up from the comfort of the swivel chair at sinundan siya palabas ng conference room.

            Malayo na siya nang datnan ko. She’s walking too fast na parang iniiwasan ako. Sweet Lord. If she’s that eager to get away from me I don’t think I’ll be having an easy time with her.

                 “Lhia! May elevator!” sigaw ko sa kanya nang buksan niya ang entrance para sa hagdanan.

                 “I prefer stairs, it’s a good way of exercising.” Huh? Exercise? While she’s in a business suit she’s talking about exercising? Nasisiraan na ba siya ng ulo?

            Pagkatapos ng milyong hagdang inakyat namin (I’m exaggerating.) humantong kami sa sixth floor ng building. This company is indeed huge. Tall and huge. I wonder how many floors they have.

            Lhia slowed down pagkaliko namin sa isang corner. May babaeng nakaupo sa desk na biglang tumayo nang makita siya. “Ma’am.”

                 “April. Any calls?”

                 “Si Sir Heidi, Ma’am. Pinasa ko na po kay Ma’am Jiagh gaya ng sabi n’yo. Tapos Ma’am dumaan po si Sir Yuri habang nasa meeting kayo. Wala pong iniwang message pero ibinilin niya pong kumain daw kayo ng lunch sa tamang oras.”

            Yuri? Yuri the ex? Yung Yuri na parehong Yuri na playboy? How the hell did it happen na alam niyang andito si Lhia tapos ako—AKO na naghahanap sa kung saan-saan at nagtanong sa kung kani-kanino simula nang dumating ako ng Pinas—eh walang kaalam-alam kung saan sila lumipat! That’s freaking unfair.

                 “Mr. Cross, do you want anything?” I frowned at that formal tone she used. She never called me that.

                 “Water.”

                 “Water and coffee, April. Thank you.” sabay pasok niya sa pintuan na may nakalagay na signboard that says ‘Chief Creative Officer’ in bold black fonts.

            Pumasok ako kasunod niya. I was in awe pagkakita ko sa loob ng opisina. It was huge. Yung supposed wall sa likuran ng desk at ng swivel chair niya ay isang malaking transparent window that overlooks the District. The sun shines from there kaya sobrang liwanag sa loob but not compromising the cool aircondition the office had. Then on the right side is a coffee table surrounded with couches and plush pillows. And everywhere is just about anything that an office have. Desks, pots with flower, cabinets, computers, printers, etcetera…

            What I’d give to have an office like this. But surprisingly, contrary to what I expected, neat at organized ang desk niya. Lhia was never the organized one. She likes her things scattered everywhere because she said it gives her the impression that her life is interesting just like that and not boring when it’s organized.

            Sino ‘tong Lhia na nasa harapan ko? Sa’n niya dinala ang Lhia na kilala ko?

                 “Sit down.”

            Naupo ako sa isa sa mga silya na nasa tapat ng desk niya. She’s scrolling through her computer. Occasionally I’ll see her scowl then shakes her head. And then her eyes widened and she turned to me. “YOU DIVORCED?”

            Holy crap! Oh no. There’s no way in hell I can get away with this. “Lhia, I—”

                 “Do you know how a nasty divorce can get to your name, Cross? Not only did you filed for divorce but the whole process and situation leaked to TMZ! Bakit hindi ka nag-iingat? Do you know how huge the damage this thing did to you? Majority of your fan base are women. How in the hell would they understand that you did no infidelity or any indiscretion with the marriage when you yourself filed a divorce?”

            I lower my gaze. Hindi ako makasagot. Merely because alam kong tama si Lhia. I’m not a saint, never one. I feel like one when I am with her. I feel all good things when I’m with her. Pero nung mga panahong ‘yan wala na akong ibang choice. I need to get out while I’m sane. I need to get away, iyon lang ang alam ko.

                 “I’m sorry.” Is the only thing I can manage to say. I am sorry for everything. Sorry for myself, sorry that I’m unworthy for her, sorry that it gets to this point, sorry for everything that I have done. “I’m sorry, Lhia…”

            May narinig akong shuffling. Nag-angat ako ng paningin at nadatnan si Lhia na may kino-kontak sa wireless phone na nasa tabi ng desk niya. I’ll guess that the phone is on speaker mode or something like that dahil nadidinig ko ang nasa kabilang linya. “Hello? Office of the chairman, how may I help you?”

                 “Hoy, malanding babae, asa’n ‘yang amo mo?”

            I heard someone snickered, must be the girl. “Oh it’s you, Miss Quinn. Sorry, wala po siya at this time. He’s at a meeting.”

                 “Katatapos lang ng meeting namin may meeting na naman siya? Lord help me kung pinalalabas mong in demand ‘yang boss mo. Produce a Rutherford now or I’ll drag him out of his poor excuse of an office myself!”

            Buntong hininga lang ang huling narinig ko bago may pamilyar na boses ng lalaki ang sumagot sa phone. “Quinn. What do you need, you’re disturbing the peace.”

                 “Peace my ass. Bakit hindi mo sinabing may pinagdaanang divorce si Cross? Alam mo kung anong ginagawa ng nasty separations sa mga celebrities lalo na sa mga lalaki! This is damaged! Real damaged! Rumors about him and his infidelity escapades are still going on around the net even after the divorce took place several months ago!”

                 “You can salvage the remains, Quinn. Don’t you see the picture? Trace Cross is a whole lot of potential. The face, the charisma, the talent, the body, just about EVERYTHING! What he needs is a push. Yang mga bali-balita na yan matatabunan rin yan. Magpasabog ka ng malaking bomba, makakalimutan nila ang issue sa divorce ni Trace at pagtutuunan nila ng pansin ang bago. Gano’n naman dito hindi ba? Isa pa, lahat ng nandito alam na kahit ang isang pulubi at drug addict ay kaya mong pasikatin at paakyatin sa tuktok despite the fact that they are worthless to the eyes of many. You figure that out, Madame CCO. Have a good time, goodbye.” And he hungs up.

                 “Bullsht.” I heard Lhia hissed bago pumasok ang assistant niya dala ang tubig at coffee na ni-request ni Lhia kanina. “Thank you, April.”

            The assistant gave her a curt nod before leaving. I took a gulp of the water before turning to her. “Is it really that bad, hershey? Nothing we can do?”

            Nagpatuloy siya sa pags-scroll sa computer. Ilang sandali pa ay bumuntong hininga siya bago sumandal sa swivel chair at ipikit ang mga mata. “Hate to admit it but the prick is right. There’s a lot you haven’t done. Yung iba takot kunin ka as a solo talent dahil sa nakabuntot sa’yong issue. Couldn’t blame them, you scared the heck out of me when I saw that article earlier.” She said with a sigh pagkatapos ay ininom ang kape niya.

                 “The issues, some of them are not true, Lhia.” tumingin siya sa akin na parang nagtatanong kung anong sinasabi ko. “May iba, like having girls while we’re married, that isn’t true. Hindi ko alam kung saan nanggaling ‘yon, I was told by some people that it was Cerah circulating things to get to me.”

            Nakita kong nag-drop ang jaws ni Lhia and her eyes widened at me. “She stoop that low?”

                 “You haven’t heard of low yet.”

                 “There’s more? God, I hate surprises, tell me everything I have to know.”

            Lumunok ako. I’m sure na pagkatapos neto malamang ipapasa niya na ako kay Jiagh o kaya kay Cris. Kung may awa pa siya sa’kin baka pwedeng kay Jhem ako bumagsak. “Before the marriage I made her signed a pre-nuptial. When the divorce came I paid her along with the pre-nuptial agreement to not make a noise. I’ve always known that Cerah indulges with my money, when things got sour it was the only thing that’s keeping her in that marriage. But after that divorce she comes anywhere, pops out everywhere and blackmails me so she’ll get another load of amount from me.”

                 “Warning ba ‘to?”

                 “Konti?”

            Bumuntong hininga siya. Just then bumukas ang pintuan. Dire-diretso sa pasok ang isang lalaki na sa palagay ko eh mga nasa eighteen or nineteen years old na naka-uniform at sukbit ang bag niya. “Hi, Ate. May pagkain ka?”

                 “Mukha bang restaurant ‘tong opisina ko?”

                 “Hindi pero mukhang pagkain ang may-ari ng opisinang ‘to.” magre-react sana si Lhia pero biglang kuha ng kape yung lalaki na tumawag sa kanyang Ate which is strange because the last time I check dalawa lang silang magkapatid ni Keith at siya ang bunso. “Uy anong flavor ‘to, Ate? Mukhang masarap. Akin na lang. Sure kang wala kang pagkain? Nagugutom na’ko eh. Kahit ano d’yan wala?”

                 “Hindi ka ba nag-lunch?”

                  “Nag-lunch. Eh syempre bumyahe ako papunta dito tapos naglakad ako tapos sumakay ng elevator tapos naglakad ulit kaya na-digest na yung kinain ko. Gutom na ako ulit.”

                 “Lumayas ka na nga sa harapan ko, umupo ka du’n.” sabay turo niya sa direksyon ng mga couches sa may kanan.

                 “Hmph! Sunget!”

                 “Eh kung pinapatay na kaya kita? Ngayon na?”

                  “Joke lang.”

            I tried so hard to fight the urge to laugh. The guy was very Lhia-ish in words and actions. At least the old Lhia that I know, not this Lhia. Ngayon tahimik na lang siyang nagta-type sa computer. Ten minutes later, she got up and went to the other desk where the printer was and retrieved four pieces of paper that came out from there.

            Bumalik siya sa desk, kumuha ng stapler, stapled the papers, gathered them in a folder then gave it to me. “The contract. Read then sign.”

            Kinuha ko ‘yon pati ang ballpen at inaabot niya. Tempted ako ng sobra na hawakan ang kamay niya but she’s too eager to get her skin away from me. At gaya nga ng sabi ko, wala akong kaalam-alam sa mga kontrata kaya pipirmahan ko na lang sana nang pigilan niya ako. “Woah! I said read then sign! Trace Cross, you can’t do that everytime. Do you do that? Sign agad?” tumango ako habang nakatingin sa kanya na nalilito. “Sabi ko basahin mo. You don’t sign anything without reading it. A simple word can complicate a clause and bring you huge of troubles. Next time na pipirma ka hindi mo pwedeng gawin ‘yang ganyan. Now, take your time and read the contract before signing it.”

            Sinubukan kong itago ang ngiti ko sa pagyuko but I think I’m failing miserably. Crap, I love her! Oh yeah I think I’m loving her impossibly more than I did before. She might hate me but it doesn’t change what I feel about her.  She might change into whatever way she wants to but I still love her. So much.

            Anyway nagbabasa nga pala ako ng contract. She’s good, damn. She created this in ten minutes? “This sounds good to me.”

                 “Enough? Wala ka nang gustong idagdag?”

                 “Wala na. Okay na ‘to.”

                 “Wala na? Uy ah, ikaw ang kauna-unahang tao na nakuntento sa kontrata ni Ate.” Sabad bigla nung lalaking nakaupo sa couch habang nakataas ang dalawang paa sa mesa. “Sigurado ka? Hindi ka magde-demand sa kanya ng privilege sa private jet ng kompanya o kaya ng sarili mong van o kaya naman ng sarili mong hairdresser? O kaya ng customized wardrobe?”

            I sighed before signing the four pages of paper and handing it back to Lhia. “No, I won’t. She’s offering to salvage the remains of my worthless career. This is too much. In fact… I would like to know if I can get you something, Lhia.”

                 “No, I’m fine.”

                 “Anything?” please, I really don’t wanna leave yet…

                 “I said I’m fine.” then she sighed, probably because I’m still standing and watching her work. “Kent, seriously, go away. I’m working.”

                 “I have to get you something. Lunch?”

                 “Fine, coffee. Just coffee.”

(Jiagh’s POV)

            Tanghali na nang dumating ako sa opisina. Sa lobby palang may mga nakita na akong pakalat-kalat na media. I’m sure this has something to do with the contract signing later. I wonder kung kailangan pa ako do’n. Usually si Jhem ang nagha-handle no’n since siya ang talent manager at chief communications officer ng kompanya.

            On the way inside the office, nakita ko na si Ned na nasa desk niya. Tumayo siya at nakangiting sinalubong ako. “Hi, Ma’am, good morning. May pumunta pala dito kanina na naghahanap sa inyo.”

                 “Sino raw?”

                 “Uh… someone named Clyde Gonzales, Ma’am. Importante daw.”

            Napakunot ako ng noo at napahinto. The name sounds so bloody familliar but I can’t seem to place a finger on it. “May iniwan ba siyang mensahe o calling card? Did he made an appointment?”

                 “Hindi, Ma’am eh. Wala siyang sinabing kahit na ano. Weird nga eh. Pero, Ma’am, ang gwapo! Kahit medyo may kasungitan ang dating ang gwapo!”

            Malandi ka lang sadya.

                 “Osya, balik na sa trabaho. Saka ka na lumandi.”

            I quietly sat on my office and focused on working. May hinarang akong project na ire-release dapat kahapon kaya medyo magulo ‘tong hina-handle kong mga papeles ngayon. I don’t even think kung mare-resolba ko ‘to ng maayos. Hindi ko naman pwedeng ipasa. Kunsensya ko naman ‘yon, lahat sila may mga problema na sa pagdating ng mga taga-ROF tapos magpapasa pa ako ng problema sa kanila.

            Chege na nga, ako na mabait.

            *SLAM!*

            HOLY HELL!

                 “Sir! Wala po kayong appointment kay Ma’am!” narinig kong sigaw ni Ned pero tuloy-tuloy sa pagpasok yung lalaking nagbalibag ng mahiwaga kong pintuan. “Ma’am, pasensya na po. Nagpumilit siya eh.”

                 “Okay lang, Ned. Pwede mo na kaming iwan.”

            Sumarado ang pintuan pero nakita ko ang hesitant eyeing na ipinukol ni Ned sa’kin bago siya umalis. Bumaling ako sa lalaki. I saw him yesterday. Yung pretty boy na nakabangga ko, yung naka-suit. Strange. Para talaga siyang pamilyar sa akin.

            His eyes looks exhausted though. And he’s got that one heck of a frown in his face. “Elaejiagh. Would you mind a second?”

                 “You barged in my door, trespass to my office and now you’re asking for a second? In any case, retarded ka ba?”

                 “No but you can call me Clyde.” Sabay lakad niya papunta sa desk ko with matching a menacing stare na parang binabalaan niya ako. “And I have a proposition for you, Elaejiagh.”

                 “Proposition? Seryoso? May proposition ka tapos sa’kin ka pumunta? Oh c’mon! Do I need to tell you why that’s a stupid idea?”

                 “No you don’t but you have to listen to me carefully.” I watched in wry amusement as he placed his palms firm on my desk then lean forwards to level with me. Napalunok ako sa intense ng tingin niya. May something sa mga mata niya na parang gustong hagilapin ang laman ng utak ko at humila ng upuan tapos mag-kape do’n. It’s deep, searching, longing… for what I don’t know. “I’m not going to beat around the bush so I’ll tell you this straight. I need a convenient wife and that would be you.”

            For a second there muntik akong mawalan ng hininga. Pero syempre sino namang tangang maniniwala do’n? So I did what normal people does. “PFFFT! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah go on ahead, susunod ako.”

                 “Laugh all you want, Elaejiagh. I am not joking around. I’m serious.”

            Napatigil ako mula sa pagtawa. I studied his expression. Okay he does looks like he’s serious. “No shit.”

                 “Yes shit. Many many more shit. So I’ll offer you to do this the easy way or the hard way.”

                 “What the heck are you up to? Ni hindi nga kita kilala eh! And what the hell do I care whether you need a convenient wife or whatever you said you needed? Why should it be me?”

            Hinampas niya ng dalawa niyang kamay ang lamesa ko kaya napapitlag ako. His eyes grew more menacing. But oddly enough it doesn’t scare me. Dafuq? “Because I want you and I want you bad. You don’t have a say, Elaejiagh.”

                 “Baliw ka na ba? I don’t have a say? Kailan pa napalitan ang presidente ng Pilipinas at nawala ang freedom of speech? I have a say. I have a fvckin’ say and I say GET LOST!”

            Wala siyang ginawa kung hindi ipikit lang ang mga mata niya ng mariin. Pagdilat niya nando’n na ang coldness no’n na nag-blank out ng mga emosyong nakita ko kanina pati na yung pagod. It’s just cold, chilling. Nothing more.

            Nilapit niya ang mukha niya sa akin and my instinct says back away pero parang na-froze ako sa posisyon ko. His face is only an inch away that I could smell his minty breath. Breath? Lips? Holy… his lips… they’re red and luscious… and I think they are also soft…

            Nooooo…

            I should not be seduced!

            And then those lips formed into a grin. “Have you heard about Lord Sanders lately, Elaejiagh? I think they are having trouble finding her a bride.”

            Lord Sanders? Crap si Blaire! “Oh pake mo?”

                 “I just thought it makes sense. Because you’re Lord Sanders’ apple of the eye, and they won’t accept you because you’re from another country and not from theirs.”

                 “That’s racist!”

                 “Yes, Elaejiagh. Racist.” He whispered bago siya nag-chuckle. “And if the press knows about your relationship with Lord Sanders, it will go worldwide and to his own country and God knows what will happen to him, to his title and to his pretty little inheritance.”

            Nanlaki ang mata ko sa gulat. “Relationship? Wala kaming relasyon! Magkaibigan kami ni Blaire! Baliw ka na ba?”

                 “Oh really? Color me thrilled then.”

            Nag-gasp ako, everything dawning on me now. Agad akong tumayo and sauntered to him pushing him in his chest. “Wait a heck of a minute! Bina-blackmail mo ba ako?”

            Nag-smirk siya. Why do I have the strange feeling that the smirk is too familliar to me? “Bina-blackmail nga ba kita? Oh no, sweetheart, I will never do that. Let’s just say na nakikipag-trade ako sa’yo. My uh… my silence in exchange of a favor. Be my wife.”

            Great. He has a sweet mouth! Pati ang word na blackmail eh pinatatamis niya! “No. You can’t do that.”

            Napapikit ako nung inangat niya ang kamay niya. But then I felt a hand in both my cheeks kaya napadilat ako ng mata. I was so flustered when I saw his face descending on mine. And then it landed…

            …on my cheek?

            Huh?

                 “I can, Elaejiagh. You know I can, my love. Think about it, I’ll give you time.” And then his face landed on my shoulder. Little did I realize he’s nuzzling my neck. Huh?

            I stood there frozen wondering what’s wrong with me. This felt soothing, like I’m so used to it, so comfortable. In a strange way it felt home. Why does it feels this way?

                 “I have to go now.” His voice was hoarse when he pulled away. Nawala na ang coldness sa mga mata niya, it went soft. I saw a lot of emotions in there. A lot of them unexplainable. There’s worry, concern, sadness, happiness, relief and one more thing… Was that love I’m seeing? “I’ll leave a calling card with your assistant. If you’re ready just call me.”

            And just like that he’s gone. What the…

            What on green earth is going on?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 32.8K 56
Cyra Lim has been secretly in love with Eli Dasilva for as long as they've been best friends. One problem: Eli is a playboy, and Cyra has resigned he...