Eighty Nine - Trouble Stirred

Last update before I leave Manila! Yayyy! Hahahaha. Here you go, guys. I hope you'll enjoy. I want to hear from you. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

P.S.

New book covers when I come back, promise!

***

Eighty Nine

Trouble Stirred

'Trace Cross drunk and high in the latest episode of Ring On Fire this last Monday. Staged or the real deal?'

(Lhia's POV)

Pagdating ko sa carpark ng venue ng ROF, nakita ko kaagad ang hilera ng mga medias na pinipigilan ng mga guards na lumampas sa line na ibinigay nila. I frowned with those camera flashes blinding my sight and then shook my head as I entered the building. It's impossible that one of them or more knows who I am right?

Pinakita ko sa guard na nakabantay sa pintuan ang company ID ko. He nodded at pinapasok ako. Naiirita ako ng konti sa bawat click ng heels ko. Sa sobrang pagmamadali ko kasi hindi ko na napalitan ang office attire ko. This is awkward. Hindi ako sanay na lumalabas ng naka-office attire. Jeeeeeez.

Thank you, Lord, dahil pinadali ng signage sa bawat pintuan ang buhay ko. Nadaanan ko nga yung locker room ni JayGee bago ko mahanap yung opisina ng COO nila which would be... wait for it... "Kuya."

"God, little trouble, I'm so sorry with this freakin' issues, I swear we don't have anything to do with this."

Bumuntong hininga ako bago naupo sa silya katapat ng desk niya. "I guess I just wanted to know that. Can I see the tape? I didn't have time to watch it earlier, I was running the moment they pestered me about it."

"Yes yes, of course. Here." Tumayo siya at iniharap sa akin ang computer niya. He maneuvered the scroll with the folder that says 'Monday ROF' then played the video na nasa unahan ng list.

Kent's match wasn't exactly in the beginning kaya pina-fast forward ko siya. Nakailang pindot pa ako bago ko makita ang pagmumukha ni Kent sa battle arena. I sat back and watched. He does seem a little bit... weird.

Then it all happened. Ray—which is his opponent that time—grasped the steel chair na nasa tabi tapos tumama sa mukha ni Kent. He's bleeding when he fell down. And instantly, the match ended, leaving Ray in victory.

"He's supposed to avoid the blow and win the match." Isplika ni kuya Hunter nang matapos ang video. "But that happened. I don't know, thinking about it he really seems a bit weird that night."

"If he's taking something or even drinking bakit walang nakapansin? Ang dami n'yo dito ah."

He sighed then sunk back to his swivel. "Lhia, you should know. Kent... well he closed his door for everyone since... since then. Four years ago I mean, when we came back to States from here. He avoided everyone, even us. He doesn't speak to anyone unless it's to rehearse lines or talk about the match. Kent's locker room is like a dragon lair or something like that to us. No one dares to enter that damn door, not even the technicals or any of the corporate persons."

"Aba vhaket? Kakainin kayo?"

"No it's just..." then he sighed and met my eyes. "He's pretty much disgusted with himself when he married Cerah before that he simply chose to keep to himself than take the risk of being ridiculed and hang out with us again. Though we really won't do that you know. He's a friend. But it's him, his decision, we can't utter a word against it, could we?"