The Delta-Simps//Deltarune Fa...

By edensloveletters

[GN! READER INSERT] "I'm the comic relief character!" "You're annoying." "Oh." ====== With the cool and quiet... More

Three Friends(?) Chilling In a Closet
B-Boned?!
Ooh Honey Honeypie!!
Barney Looks Different Here
Dreading On A School Night
And We Call Ourselves, The Squad
PRESIDENTIAL ALERT: The Girls Are Fighting!!!
Ralsei's Guide To Friendship
Puzzles and Getting Baked!
*funny name for an unfunny chapter*
Happy (late) Valentines!
Can We Make Out- I Mean Make Up?
harem time
WORLDSTAR WORLDSTARRR-
Would You Date A Clone Of Yourself?

Dark Realm? More Like Please Get Me Out

1.9K 50 48
By edensloveletters

YOUR POV:

You woke up with a splitting headache ache forming in the back of your skull. Above you was pitch darkness, but your eyes had strangely adjusted already. You pull yourself up onto your elbows and attempt to figure out what just happened. Looking down at yourself, your eyes widened. Your clothes were switched out with some that reminded you of the powerful royal characters you would see in an anime. But you still have your rings! It took a moment to get used to, but it was decently comfortable. The grayish-purple stone beneath you, on the other hand, was not.

Standing up slowly, you look around. There was a stone path leading forward and anywhere else simply led to a edge into the void. The darkness made you avert your eyes in unease. You followed the path, slowly as to not hurt your head even more. Walking and walking, there was not a change of scenery.

"Susie? Kris?" You call out.

But nobody came.

The only response you got was your own voice, from an echo. You continued walking, sometimes stepping funnily so the echos of the footsteps would come back the same way. Skipping along the path as the headache began to lift, you found herself at a dead end. Peering over the edge, a black liquid poured from the side and down to another large platform of stone.

You look around, seeing nothing but void around. Biting the inside of your cheek, you resisted the urge to groan in disgust. Sitting down, you slid down the black goop. You had your arms raised and your legs twisted in an odd way so you wouldn't have to touch it. The feeling of foreign substances on your skin always made you cringe.

Making it to the end, you made it with minimal ass pain. A win, in your opinion. You stood up and went to wipe whatever excess slime got on you. But conveniently, none of it got on you. A shiver went down your spin when you realized how dangerous that stunt you pulled was. What if that was acid? You'd have your whole backside out in the middle of some strange place! That was not on the bucket list.

As you made your way further down, stone walls formed around you, turning into some sort of weird tunnel/enclosure. The walls leaked the same black goo. You had the uneasy feeling of being watched. Maybe it was because of the eye shaped carvings in the wall? Who knew?

"Oi!" Susie's voice shot through the air. "Sloth!"

You spin around, ready to quip back in sarcasm. "Who you calling sloth, barney bi- Oh!"

In front of you, Susie stood cross-armed. Her casual clothes were switched out for something much more... Fantasy like. She had a black and purple outfit with spikes adorning her arms and wrists. Her skin was a more vibrant purple and her dark magenta hair was brighter as well.

"You look awesome!" You begin to grin, looking her over with fascination. You step closer to her and try not to get too happy. It wasn't just that you finally found company, you were always a sucker for a nice character design.

"Wha... Focus! That's not what you should be thinking of right now!" Susie poked your forehead and pushed you back a step. She looked around and grabbed your shoulders before shaking you back and forth. "WHERE ARE WE?!"

Your head begins to spin and you attempt to push her hands off, but she's much stronger and doesn't let go. You give up and allow yourself to be thrashed around.

"S-Stop shakin' me!" I don't have a c-clue!" Your voice comes out shakily. "St-stop shaking m-me!"

She continued to shake you for a moment, for what you assumed was spite, before stopping. Susie didn't let go and held your arm while pulling you down the path.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know."

You expected her to expand on that but you were met with silence. You allowed yourself to be dragged along. Not like there were any better ideas than exploring. This whole thing would've been much more exciting if you actually had an idea of where you were. This was also not on the bucket list of places to travel. Asia would've been better in your opinion.

The two of you walked in silence, Susie pulling you through the twists and turns of the stone place.

"Where do you think Kris is?" you asked. Your eyes go to the white puffs of dust on the cliff.

"Probably died on the way down."

You roll your eyes. You should've expected that. Opening your mouth, you went to fire back but a scream left you instead. Susie had jumped down the cliff and unto another path, giving you no warning when she pulled you down with her.

"SUSIE!" You were close to toppling over forward, but she still had your arm. You scowl at her, looking over when you regain your balance. Your shock didn't allow you to hear the loud footsteps that came from above you. "You can't just do that!"

"Shh... You hear that?" Susie went to put her hand over your mouth but you dodged before she could. Being as aggressive as she was, it wasn't a suprise she was so physical. But you'd prefer to have your limbs attached to your body by the time you left this place.

"No?" You go quiet after that, trying to listen to what she had mentioned. There was tapping of footsteps, the pace slow and heavy. You frown, wondering if it sounded familiar. Before you could connect any dots, Susie pulled your forward and into the white dusty puff clouds.

Your yelp of suprise of muffled when she forced your own hands over your mouth. There was silence for a moment. You guessed Susie was holding her breath too. The footsteps came back and you tensed up. Susie dragged you out and into the next puff of white.

The sound came closer and closer. Whatever or whoever it was, had punched the last thing you were residing in. Susie gasped as the footsteps approached. She swiftly pulled you along from one puff to another. Each one was destroyed soon after you left it.

Before you knew it, the last one vanished, and all that stood before you was a short figure. Susie's arm went from over your mouth to your waist, and she quickly shoved you behind her. You fall back on your butt from the sudden movements and nearly hit your head on the stone. Peaking around from behind her, you attempt to look at whatever or whoever was in front of you.

"H-hey ! B...Back off! Come any closer and I'll...!" Her threats were cut off when she recognized the teen. They were much... Bluer, than before but it was still them.

You stood up too quickly, nearly falling over again when you did. You move from behind Susie and to in front of where they were. Sighing in relief, your eyes scanned their new armour and unfamiliar color scheme. "Kris? Oh my gosh, thank goodness it's just you."

They removed their gaze from Susie and diverted it to you. Kris nodded slightly with a slight smile on their lips.

"Don't scare me like that, dumbass! Unless you WANT to get clocked in the face." Frustration was painted over her face as she crossed her arms. She grabbed your arm as she looked around at the darkness surrounding everyone. "Anyway, enough screwing around. We have to find outta here."

You pat her hand with your free arm reassuringly as you glanced around as well. "Where is 'here'? Looks like... Remember that horror movie we watched?"

Susie looked at you in disbelief. She let go of your arm, but not before hitting it. She cleared her throat and a glare formed in her eyes.

"Dude!... Why would you say that? " Her voice was low as she thickly swallowed.

A loud laugh left your lips and you failed to see the amused smile that grew on Kris. You quickly dodged her hand before she could hit you again while you laughed.

"Shut up, man. Kris!" She pointed at the third teenager as she moved on, embarrassed by the topic. "You got us into this mess, so you can get us out."

They stared for a moment, smile gone before nodding. They sighed softly and looked to where they would be heading.

"Well? Lead the way, Kris!" Susie shoved him forward into the path ahead of them.

"How do you expect them to lead the way in a place that none of us are familiar in."

"Shut up, sloth."

When the two of you look back to Kris, they barely made it down the pathway. You raised a brow. Maybe they were just a slow walker? Very very very slow. Very. Walking behind Susie, you found yourself waiting a few seconds between steps so you could remain your regular strides.

"Oh my god. Nevermind, you walk WAY too slow." With that, Susie's patience ran to zero before it could even recharge. She quickly walked away. Or maybe Kris' pace just made it seem like she did.

"I'm going to push her off the cliff." You rolled your eyes at her. Patting Kris' shoulder as you passed, you rushed to catch up with the purple-skinned girl.

As much as you preferred to not let anyone go alone, Susie was bound to get herself into trouble by herself. She could handle herself in a strange place but she did it a little too well. Kris seemed responsible enough. Hopefully they weren't the chaotic types who just didn't speak much...

You followed the path and was tempted to turn back around when you saw the familiar black sludge slide. One awkward sitting position later and a few moments of walking, you caught up to Susie. Kris apparently picked up the pace as well and was on your tail.

"Susie, I'm pushing you off the cliff." You declared as if it was a fact as you went to her side.

"Eh?! Shut up, the hell are you on about?" She looked away from the tall pillar and to both you and the silent one. She rolled her eyes at you, just like you did earlier. Susie nudged her head upwards as she spoke. "Guys, look, there's someone up there. I think they're waving at us. Any idea of what they want?"

You look up and squint, a short silhouette in an odd shape stood at the top. Tilting your head to the side, you frowned. Before you can say or ask anything, a flash of white flies past you, nearly touching your arm if you were any slower in dodging. Your wide eyes were plastered to the white spades wedged in the ground where you once stood.

"Run!"

Susie didn't have to tell you or drag you this time. As the three of you took off, a pump of adrenaline shot through your veins. By the time you took your fourth step, white spades began to rain from above. You begged your feet to move faster as you wove them, trying not to get stabbed. If you had a choice in the matter, you would prefer to not be stabbed.

"Down here!" Susie called out before jumping down the waterfall of black.

An angry curse left your mouth. There was no time to awkwardly sit down at the edge and hype yourself up. You yelp, the thought of jumping down their not seeming as bed when your misstep nearly lands you into a spade.

The confused flailing didn't end when running. As you went down the cliff, spades shot out from the side of the waterfall. You flailed confusedly on the goop, attempting to figure out how to avoid being hit while sliding down. Thankfully, somehow, you made it. When you made it to the bottom, it hurt like hell, but at least you weren't stabbed, right?

You groaned and slowly rose from your stomach position.That had to be the last time. Next time, you'd turn Susie into your sled or something, anything but looking like a fish trying to swim in jello.

Getting up and dusting your clothes you began to take the path forward in hopes to find one of them. Two of them would be better but it wouldn't suprise you if she killed them by now.

The two of them weren't far ahead, and you jogged over. You noticed the black walls with blue fire-lit candles. Kris turned their head at the sound of footsteps and was the first to see you. They nodded in acknowledgment/greeting. They tapped Susie's shoulder as she was staring forward before pointing to you.

She opened her mouth, surely to tell them off, but saw you. A grin grew on her lips. "Sweet, neither of you dumbasses are dead."

You look to where she was staring and a look of suprise crossed your face. Up ahead, a town in the harsh shades of blue and black sat. Buildings looked rather sharp and bent over. It reminded you of drawings that you would see younger kids made. You probably drew something like this when you were younger.

"Any idea of what this place is?" You ask, glancing between the two.

Kris shook their head and took a few steps forward into the town.

"Me neither." Susie mumbled as she follows Kris.

Eh. You should've expected as much for an answer. You walk along, going over to one of the houses. All was too silent when you knocked on the door. Nothing. You looked across the road and saw Kris doing the same. They turned their head to you and shrugged, seemingly not getting an answer either.

"What's that?" Susie asks getting both of your attentions. She was looking to the large building- Well... Castle. It took you a moment to realize that it was. The black and shadowy geyser that shot into the sky was a little distracting.

The three of you began to head up to the castle.

You and Susie keep walking, unaware of Kris, who stayed behind for a moment. They brushed their fingers against a silver glow on the ground. It didn't take them long to get back before they noticed they had fallen back.

"A castle...?" Susie frowns as she climbed up the stairs. "Why the hell is there a castle inside a supply closet...?"

"You still think we're in a closet?" You snicker lightheartedly and elbow her. "I'm in a different type of closet."

The two didn't seem to notice your joke, much to your disappointment. But to be honest, it wasn't everyday that people fall into a closet and nearly get stabbed with spades and find a castle. Y'know. It wasn't like a regular school day.

"W e l c o m e h e r o e s !" An echoey voice sounded from in front of them.

You immediately were put on guard. Apparently, Susie was too, but they ways you reacted to danger were quite different. While you took a step back and prepared to dash back down the stairs, she took a step forward with clenched fists.

"Who's there?!" Susie shouted back.

"D o n o t b e a l a r m e d . . . I a m n o t y o u r e n e m y ." The voice says, with a calm and collected tone. "P l e a s e c o m e f o r w a r d , a l l o f y o u . . ."

Kris walks up the stairs and the two of you hesitatingly follow. You swallow thickly, your heart beginning to beat a beat faster. It was embarrassing to be scared, but it wasn't like anyone could blame you.

Standing in front of you was a figure in a dark grey hood. You caught yourself before you could hold your breath. Nuh uh, you were not about to let out a breath you didn't know you were holding.

"Welcome. I am the Prince of this Kingdom. The kingdom of darkness." He introduced himself with a small bow of his head. "Trio... There is a legend in this land. A legend that one day, three heroes of light will arrive. And fulfill the ancient prophecy foretold by time and space.

"Please Heroes, listen to my tale."

You slowly nod, unsure and wary of where this was going. Kris had agreed with a firm nod, and Susie simply just stared.

"Once upon a time, a legend was whispered among shadows.

It was a legend of hope. It was a legend of dreams.

It was a legend of light. It was a legend of dark.

This is the legend of DELTARUNE.

For millennia, light and dark have lived in balance, bringing peace to the world.

But if this harmony were to shatter...

A terrible calamity would occur.

The sky will run black with terror and the land will crack with fear.

Then, her heart pounding... The earth will draw her final breath.

Only then, shining with hope...

Three heroes appear at worlds' edge.

A human, a monster, one from both worlds, and a prince from the dark.

Only they can seal the fountains and banish the angel's heaven.

Only then will balance be restored, and the world saved from destruction.

Today the fountain of darkness, the geyser that gives this land form, stands tall at the center of the kingdom.

But recently another fountain has appeared on the horizon...

And with it the balance of light and dark begins to shift...

"Trio, thank you for listening to my tale. I deeply believe you three are the heroes of the legend. That, despite whatever enemies you may face, you three may have the courage to save the world. Delta warriors! Please, won't you accept your destiny?"

A beat of silence went by. Being honest, you had a hard time keeping up. Especially since you didn't have any caffeine beforehand. The prince wants us to fix some leaky fountains... Or something along those lines.

"Uhhh. Nah." Susie was the first to speak. Her gruff voice was uninterested and bored. You suspected that she wasn't even paying attention that whole time.

"Wonderful! I- Errr... W-What?"

-----------------------------------------

Authors Note:

I shouldn't use the A/N to ramble about unnecessary things, but that's what I'm gonna do. To be honest, I didn't think I would write a second chapter due to how much I bounce around between projects, but here we are. Merging the video game aspect with a fanfic is a tad difficult, but eh, I'll manage. Hopefully, chapter three of the game doesn't destroy all of this LMAO

If theres grammar mistakes I'm sorry <//3 I write in between classes like the time management genius I am.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 678 36
You're new in Hometown from the city, and making new friends wasn't easy, especially since the school bully didn't like you. After an unusual adventu...
22.6K 667 7
Warning! This story Contains Lemons! Otherwise, known as Smut! Oh, and all Characters are or are over the age of 18. Just in case someone tried to pu...
6.2K 190 39
Practically r/I'm14andthisisdeep the book. Notes: You identify as they/them. So everyone can suffer while reading my book equally! Also sorry if I mi...
82.9K 3.2K 41
You wanted to help but it was too late... So, you left. Tears filled your eyes as you thought of the one person that needed you the most... They wer...