My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 21

34.6K 1K 178
By ElaheKarami

It was an hour after the incident in the living room. Xander had laid on his bed groaning in pain. His head was pounding badly. But it was something else that was bothering him more. For the first time in his life, he was feeling embarrassed.

He was feeling so bad about saying those words to Eva. He trusted what Susan had told him, so why was he feeling so bad??

Suddenly there was a knock on his door. "Go away." He growled and put his pillow on his face.
The door opened and he peeked from under his pillow only to see Eva walking in with a tray in her hands.

"What are you doing here??" He asked angrily and sat up.

"You must've had a bad headache." Said Eva without looking at him and put the tray on his desk and picked a glass and two pills and held them for Xander.

"I don't need your pitty." Said Xander and looked away.

Eva rolled her eyes. "Don't be such a child." She said. "You know I'm a nurse. I'm patient."

Xander sighed in annoyance and accepted the pills and swallow them with water. Eva sat on the foot of his bed. "My first husband and Alison's father died when Alison was eight." She said.

Xander frowned. "Did I say I love to hear your sorry life story??" He asked frustrated.

"He died one night because of overdose." Said Eva and Xander stared at her slightly shocked.
Eva looked at him. Her eyes were so sad that Xander was shocked. "He was a great father and husband. But then he began to smoke. First, it was just for fun as he would say, but then it increased and he couldn't stop it. Before he knew he had become addicted." She said. 

Xander was silently watching her. 

"You don't know how much it's hard to see someone you love fall like that. How much it hurts to look and not be able to do anything. After a while, he couldn't even work or think properly. He even hit Alison and Bella, even me. He then died and left us with so much debt that he had caused."

Xander was now clenching his fists. He didn't know why but he was angry with that man for daring to hit Eva and his daughters. 

Eva stood. "I once lost a loved one because of drugs. I don't want to lose another. And this time I will do anything to stop it." She then looked at Xander. "Don't do this to your loved ones. To your brothers and father who love you dearly. Don't let them lose you. Don't make them go through the same pain I went through. Don't do it for me. Do it for your family. If I'm the problem, I will go out of your life. I have made a mistake and that was marrying your father."

Xander frowned. "What?" He whispered confused.

"I selfishly did as my heart told me and unconsciously hurt people. My daughter has practically run away from this house because something bad has happened for her here and she refuses to tell me. You too are suffering and so are your brothers for seeing you like this. I will divorce your father. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow."

"What are you going to tell him?" Asked Xander feeling like throwing up.

Eva smiled at him sadly. "Don't be worried." She said softly. "I won't tell him a word about you. I told you. It is my fault."

She then turned on her heels and left the room. Little did she know his worry was not for telling his father about him.

Xander hid his face in his hands. "Fuck!" He whispered.

A moment later Damien walked in and leaned on the wall with his hands in his pockets. He had heard everything.

"Fuck off, Damien." Growled Xander.

"I wish you are happy now." Said Damien completely ignoring him. "For fuck's sake, Xander. Have you not seen how much she had affected the people of this house for the better? How much James and Jordan had gotten attached to her since they have seen her? The number of their nightmares has decreased. Have you not seen how much dad, Rich, and Hunter are happier? Fuck! Even Mason smiles now. Didn't you see how he calmed down that night when he heard Alison's lullaby? Even I had become attached to them." He paused for a second and let his words sink. "Susan is a liar, Xander. Everyone knows this. Eva and Alison are great women. Just open your eyes and see."

He then walked to the door and stopped in the doorway with his back to Xander. " I wish you do as it's best for the family." He said and then walked out and left Xander with his thoughts.

***************

Meanwhile, King mafia's main warehouse ...

Albert leaned back on his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose. He was so tired. After a long trip back home, he had directly come to the warehouse to get updated on everything. He was getting old for this. It was time for Mason to take over the position of the Capo completely and become the Don of America's mafia.

"Since the Gray wolves are helping us to protect the shipments, we are able to focus on Volkov more." said Mason to the group of their trusted people in the office they were currently in. Tony, Ben's father, and Albert's right hand was there along with Ben, Rich, Gino, and a few of the men from their inner circle. "We should keep open eyes on the other mafia families under our care to make sure they won't betray us, especially those who are not so friendly and loyal."

"That's a wise move." said Tony and crushed his cigarette on the ashtray. "They can become a great threat for us."

"But let lose some small and weak ones like Trestons and secretly warn the others." said Albert and looked at Mason who quickly get what he meant and nodded.

"Why?" asked Ben confused.

"Because they will certainly try to join Volkov and can lead us to him." explained Mason and everyone nodded. "Buxton, Shawn, you are responsible for the deal with the Italians tonight. Use the plan we have to deceive Volkov and go along with Gray wolves. They proved to be a good ally. You may leave now. Make no mistake."

The two men nodded and left the room. Mason signaled for his other men to leave, so only the family members remained. He looked at his father. He looked so tired. "Dad, You and Tony can go home now. You look exhausted. I, Rich, and Ben will take care of things." he said. "But before you leave, did you think about what I told you about talking with Eva and Alison? It's so important that they know what really goes on. I was informed that Alison has a sleepover in one of her friends' houses. Although I had put guards around the house, still it's dangerous and we can't ban her from leaving the house without a reason. Also, it's better that we bring Arabella, Eva's other daughter to the States as well. She can continue her studies in one of the universities we sponsor."

Albert closed his eyes and rubbed his face tiredly and didn't say anything. "I know you are worried that she get scared and leave you," said Mason softly. "But if she truly loves you, which I am sure she does, I'm sure she won't leave you and stay by your side. Trust me, it's necessary that they know, otherwise I wouldn't ask you."

Albert sighed and nodded. "I will talk to her first thing in the morning." he said.

Mason nodded satisfied. "I and Rich will be there to support you." he reassured him. "Now please go and rest. You must be tired."

Albert nodded and stood so did Tony. Albert turned to Mason. "There is one thing I wanted to tell you, son." he said and Mason frowned. "Soon there will be the mafia gathering event. All the important families from all over the world will be there. I'm going to officially introduce you as the Capo then." 

"Fucking finally. I'm really tired," grunted Tony under his breath, and Rich and Ben chuckled. 

"He is right. We are too old for this shit and you are the one who is practically running the mafia and you have done great, even better than me. I want you to take over completely." Said Albert and put a hand on Mason's shoulder. "I know it's hard and great responsibility, but you have Ben and Rich by your side and you can still use my consult if you want an old man's advice."

Mason nodded firmly. "I will do my best." he said firmly. Albert nodded and then left the office, dreading tomorrow's talk with Eva.

****************

It was one AM, but sleep simply wouldn't come to Alison's eyes. She was staring at the ceiling of Ashley's room. A silent tear would run on her face from time to time as she remembered Alex with that slut on his lap. Her talk with Ashley repeated in her mind.

Ashley and Alison were preparing to sleep in Ashley's room. Alison was drowned in her thoughts while preparing her temporary mattress and blanket. "Alie!" called Ashley and Alison turned to see her sitting on her bed and watching her with worry. "Are you fine? It was emotionally a hard day for you." asked Ashley softly.

Alison sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. "I would lie if I say yes. I'm not fine, Ash." laughed Alison bitterly as tears welled up in her eyes. 

Ashley sat beside her and took her hand. "The boy in the ring was Alex, wasn't he?" she asked already knowing the answer. She sighed as Alison nodded. 

"I was a fool to trust him." said Alison as a tear dropped from her eye. "But after he came to meet Mason and Rich, I thought that he is really trying to make things right between him and my stepbrothers. I thought that he was doing it for me. But It seems It was only business for him and I was only a game, a fool."

"I'm sorry." said Ashley and hugged Alison and let her cry on her shoulder. "It's going to be alright."

"Why, Ash?" sobbed Alison quietly so the boys won't hear her. "First Fred and now Alex. Why should  it be like this all the time?"

Ashley rubbed Alison's back. "What happened for Fred was not your fault. You were not responsible for his changing." said Ashley. "And about Alex, well, I have nothing to say, only thank God that your relationship wasn't intense. Just forget him and take it for a few months until the school ends and you won't be forced to see him anymore." 

Ashley was right. But did Alison want to forget Alex? She had some feelings for him, It hurt so bad that he had played with her. She felt safe and happy when he was around her. She wanted to give him a chance and try a relationship with him the next time he would ask her. She wanted to forget all about Fred with Alex's help, but it seemed that she was wrong about him. She sighed and sat up. 

Ashley was soundly asleep. Alison got up and went out of the room and to the kitchen. She was thirsty. She tip-toed to the living room where the boys were sleeping but to her surprise, Ed's mattress was empty. 

She drank some water and then looked for him. She saw the ladder that was going to the attic, was down from the attic hole. She went up and saw Ed sitting on the roof through the window. She walked to the window and softly called him. "Ed!"

Ed turned and was shocked. "Alie!" he said. "Why are you awake? Go back in. It's cold here and you are only in your T-shirt." he said the last part as he saw Alison climbed on the roof as well and sat beside him. 

He quickly took off his sweatshirt and wrapped it around Alison ignoring her protests. He smiled when he saw the sweatshirt swallowed her petite body. "You are so tiny." he chuckled and kissed her cheek when she pouted.

"I'm not. It's you who is a giant." she huffed and shivered as a cold breeze blow. "You are going to catch a cold, Ed. Take your jacket."

Ed shook his head and secured the sweatshirt around her again and then pulled her to his side. "I'm fine." he whispered and looked at the sky again not bothered by the cold. They watched silently as the clouds were running in front of the almost full moon and would turn to light gray shapes with silver edges. Few stars were shining in the lakes between the clouds and were creating a peaceful masterpiece.

"The boy that was in the ring the last before we leave," said Ed. "I had seen him the day I picked you up from the school. He is your lover, isn't he?"

Alison looked down at her hands sadly. "I don't think he was a lover in the first place." said Alison sadly.

Ed squeezed her arm gently. "I'm sorry that you should go through that pain again." he said. "I wish I could have protected you from it."

"Don't be worry." smiled Alison as she glanced at him. "Why are you up by the way? Thinking about your father?"

Ed sighed. "I have stopped thinking about him a while ago. It's waste of time." he spat angrily. "He is only the sperm donor. He never was my father. He doesn't deserve the title."

"I'm sorry, Ed." said Alison as she grabbed his hand with both hands and gave it a squeeze. 

Ed smiled bitterly. "I think both of our lives are fucked up." he said.

"Most people's life is fucked up." said Alison. "It just has different levels and severities throughout the course of the time. Yours and mine are so bad at this span of our lives. But We will surely pass it and see better days. I'm sure because we have each other."

Ed smiled and looked at the moon again. "I have thought a lot about my future, recently." he said after a moment. Alison glanced back at him and smiled when she saw a light of excitement shining in his eyes. "I want to become a lawyer and have a good life. I want to make enough money to leave the neighborhood and resident somewhere better. Maybe you don't believe it But I'm studying harder. One day I will marry and I want my kids to have a good life. I want to be a good father for them."

Alison's smile grew. She kissed his cheek and hugged him sideways. "And I'm sure that you will become a great lawyer, husband and father. I'm sure that your dream will come true." she said.

"I'm sure things will get better for you too, Al." said Ed reassuringly. "Just carry on with your life for a few more months till you can move out. Ignore those imbeciles for a few more months. As you said, we will see better days for sure."

Alison nodded and leaned her head on his shoulder and snuggled closer to his side. His hold tightened around her and he leaned his head on hers. They sat there for some time, enjoying the silence, and for the first time in a few days, Alison felt at peace in the secure hold of Ed and felt better by hearing his words that helped hope bloom in her heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
4.3K 1.3K 50
*~~~~~~~° When Mia discovers her father's suitcase full of illegal drugs, she's plunged into a dangerous world of deceit and cartels. As she delves d...
895 27 23
Bella's parents left her and her little brother Elijah with their grandma when Elijah was born. All of her cousins parents did the same thing each ti...
147 3 31
THE BAD BOY Before I met Gianna, I'd thought I was living life to the fullest, wild and carefree. Now that I had her in my life I understood what it...