Seven

By elletriestowrite

When Lily's university financial scholarship is revoked she explores a new avenue for income. A mutual frien... More

Info / Characters
Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94 (Bonus Chapter)

Chapter 19

2.1K 72 72
By elletriestowrite

It's so hot in the busy night club. My skin is blanketed with perspiration from Mesha and I dancing the last two hours. My feet are slightly killing me but it's easy to ignore thanks to the chemicals running through my system.

"I fucking love this song!" Mesha yells into my ear over the loud music. She's said this about almost every song the dj has played so far and every time I just laugh. Not because I find it humorous but because that seems to be the only response my body can master since Mesha and I split an ecstasy pill in the bathroom twenty minutes ago.

I've taken MDMA before but I've only ever taken it by snorting very tiny lines of it which makes it come on a lot faster. The pills effect has been a little more slow burning than I'm use to and now it seems to be taking effect finally.

The pulse of the music is vibrating through my entire body, it feels as if the pulsing methodically is echoing deep within my core, causing my body to respond in movements of dance. Because the dance floor is so packed I occasionally feel people brush against me as they move to the music. I'm overly conscious of the feeling of it due to the drug. I'm now hyper sensitive to the touch and when a guy in a denim jacket walks passed me, the feeling of the rough fabric sweeping across my upper arm and sets it in goosebumps. My body finding a new appreciation for the feeling of denim.

"Are you having fun?" Mesha asks smiling at me, her pupils are blown out and I wonder if mine are the same. She looks so incredibly beautiful under the multicoloured lights in here. My altered vision picking up on all the beauty and enhancing it with vivid colours.

"Yes!" I nod and try yell over the loud music to Mesha.

"I'm a bit hot though! Should we go get another drink?" I yell and Mesha nods.

I definitely don't need another drink, I need to pace myself or else I'll end up on the floor. Mesha's hand links with mine to lead me through the swaying bodies and off the dance floor. We're nearing the bar when Mesha stops dead in her tracks, causing me to bump into her back and I frown at her confused as to why she's suddenly stopped walking

"No way, is that..." Mesha says staring off at the bar and I follow her gaze to a blonde man in a navy blue suit sitting at the bar. The man takes his drink from the bartender before swivelling around on the bar stool to look out and observe the horde of bodies on the dance floor.

"Curby?" Mesha and I both say at the same time and almost as if he heard us Curby's eyes find us. His mouth moves into a mischievous grin as he winks at Mesha.

"What is he doing here?" I think out loud.

"Well I guess if the club is closed he has the night off." Mesha says, smiling back at Curby.

"Come on, let's go talk to him." She suggests and steps forward pulling me along with her again.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea." I counter but let Mesha continue to guide me over to the bar.

"What do you mean? It's Curby. He's harmless." I can't see Mesha's face as she walks in front of me but I can imagine her eyes rolling. Curby, harmless? If only she knew the reason behind his nickname alone. Someone who does that doesn't sound very harmless to me. But then again, Mesha doesn't know about how dangerous all of the men at the club are. Not just Seven.

Seven.

I wonder if he's here with Curby? I've never seen the two of them far from each other so it's plausible. I do a quick glance around the bar where Curby is sitting but don't spot the brown curly hair I'm looking for.

"Well well well. Fancy seeing you here Mesha." Curby smiles charmingly at her.

"You know I love a good dance Curby." Mesha rolls her eyes at him flirtatiously. There always seems to be some form of sexual tension between these two with the way they always seem to fall into a flirtatious banter when speaking to each other.

Curby's eyes roam Mesha's body with an approving observance before he glances at me.

"Lilianna? Shit I didn't recognise you for a second." Curby's eyes widen slightly in shock before he composes himself.

"Hi." I give him a small smile.

"I convinced her to come out and party with me tonight." Mesha beams and pulls me to stand to her side so I can't hide behind her.

"I can see that. You two are looking like a pair of owls with those eyes." Curby chuckles.

"You two want a drink?" Curby offers us.

"Of course!" Mesha accepts the same time I decline.

"I'm good." I answer and Mesha looks at me.

"I'm feeling a bit too buzzed. I don't think I can do another drink." I confess.

"A shot for you then?" Curby suggests and Mesha agrees with him.

"No, no I shouldn't." I shake my head but Mesha is adamant.

"She'll take a shot." She nods to Curby who turns back to the bartender to order Mesha a drink and me a shot. I hope it's a weak one, I really don't think I'll be able to handle too much more.

Within a moment a shot is being shoved in my hand while Mesha and Curby talk, giving eyes at each other the entire time. I could swear these two want to fuck each other, it's so obvious to me now and I'll have to remember to bring it up to Mesha when I'm sober.

I down the shot, it tastes like cough syrup and I cough as it burns slowly down my oesophagus. Yuck. Definitely probably shouldn't of done that. By the time the burn hits my stomach I feel slightly ill.

"I'm just going to the bathroom." I tell Mesha.

"You want me to come?" She offers and I shake my head.

"I'll be right back. Just stay here yeah?" I ask and she nods.

I leave them at the bar and push my way through the figures congesting the floor space and make my way to the bathrooms. I can feel my body feeling slightly slower than usual as the intoxication begins to cloud my movement and mind. Taking that shot has pushed me over the edge and mixed with the ecstasy I feel slightly disassociated with what's happening. I can understand and comprehend everything that's going on but I feel like I'm watching myself waiting for a free bathroom cubical rather then being in my own body. It's a very weird feeling but also kind of fascinating and fun to experience.

I don't have to wait long till a couple exit the same cubical. They both hold their fingers up to their lips, asking me to keep their little secret and I laugh and give them a thumbs up knowing they were up to something in there together. I pee and wash my hands quickly.

The cold water feels so good on my hands and I imagine being small enough to fill the sink and dive in to it. Swimming would feel so nice right now. Instead of trying to swim in the sink though, I hold my arms under the faucet and let the cold water wash off the slight sticky perspiration built up from dancing. The water feels really nice and it makes me feel a lot better. I feel less lucid then when I was before I got in here, the cold water has helped ground me during the peak of my high. I use a bit of the tissue paper and create a makeshift wet wipe, using it to freshen up my underarms. I feel a lot better after my cool down session in the bathroom. I check over my hair and make up quickly and gasp when I notice my eyes. Curby was right, my pupils are huge, I look a lot more high then I actually feel to be honest. I smooth over my hair before laughing at my fucking huge eyes again and then leave the bathroom.

The heat in the club is a lot easier to deal with now that I feel refreshed and of a normal body temperature again. The music pulses through my body, vibrating in my chest and I ignore the temptation to start dancing again and focus on getting back to the bar where I left Mesha and Curby talking. I'm stepping my way through the jammed area where the dance floor opens out to the area where people wait for their friends in the bathroom when I feel a hand circle around my waist.

My eyes shoot up to a random guy on the edge of the dance floor area as he pulls me into him to dance. I shake my head at him and lean away.

"Oh, no sorry I'm trying to find my friend." I yell over the loud music and he smiles at me.

"Find them after this song." He says and I shake my head and push against his shoulders so he'll drop his arm from around me.

"No thanks." I give him a small smile so he doesn't react weirdly to my rejection but he doesn't drop his arm and stays smiling back at me.

"Come on, just dance with me." He insists and I shake my head again.

"No, I'm okay. I really need to find my friend." I reiterate and look over to the bar to see if I can spot Mesha from where I am but I can't see over the crowd.

"I'll be your friend." The guy asserts and his hand falls from my waist to grope my bum. My hand automatically falls to try pull his off me, my nails scratching at his hand.

"Don't touch me! Let me go." I spit, but he still refuses to let go of the hold he has on my backside. I'm a second from slapping him when I feel the guys arm being ripped away from around me.

Within seconds a new set of hands are around my waist and I'm being lifted slightly out the way as a familiar tall frame steps in front of me. Blocking the stranger from touching me again.

"She said no." Seven's voice is low but loud enough to hear the venom in his tone over the  music. His back is to me but one of his arms is still reaching behind him to encircle me protectively.

"Sorry man, didn't know she had a boyfriend." The guy lifts up his palms in defence and backs off right away.

"Doesn't matter. You should've stopped as soon as she said no." Seven retaliates and steps forward when the guy steps back. Seven's free hand is already clenched in a fist ready to swing.

I grab a handul of the black material of Seven's dress shirt to stop him moving closer to the guy. I know what he's like by now, to be honest I'm surprised he hasn't tackled the guy to the floor already.

"Seven that's enough now. He's stopped." I say from behind him. I'm relieved when he lets the random guy melt into the crowd of people on the dance floor without an injury. When he's gone Seven turns around to me.

His face is etched in clear irritation but his green eyes are soft as he regards me. Their colour is so vibrant even in the dim lighting of the club.

"You okay?" He leans forward to speak into my ear. Something about the tone of his voice that hits deep into my ear drum sends a pleased bolt down my spine. I think it's probably the drugs that are causing the physical reaction to it.

Seven pulls back to gage my reaction and I simply nod. He's looking over my face before his eyes drop to take in my sparkly red dress. The frown between his eyes deepens as he does and it catches me off guard. Does he not like my dress?

"What?" I question him and his eyes shoot back to my face.

"What?" He mimics me.

"Why are you scowling at my dress? Do you not like it?" I look down at it myself. The sparkles are very hypnotic in my inebriated state, I look like a red disco ball when the lights hit me. The thought makes me giggle.

"What's so funny?" Seven questions.

"I'm like a red disco ball." I shimmy my hips to make the reflective light dance around off my dress. Making me laugh again but Seven's face stays in a neutral frown.

"You don't like disco balls huh?" I ask and Seven shakes his head.

"The dress is fine. I like the dress." He hums into my ear.

"Then what's your problem?" I lift an eyebrow at him.

"My problem is that literally every other male in the room also likes your dress." Seven admits and I roll my eyes as him.

"You don't need to worry yourself about other males my friend." I pat his strong shoulder and Seven blinks at me. His eyes catch mine again in hard eye contact and I look away to look for Mesha but his hand grabs my chin gently to turn my attention back on him.

His face is close now, his eyes dart between mine as he inspects them and another frown pulls at his brows.

"Are you on something?" Seven asks and I reach up to his wrist to pull his hand off my face. Ignoring how nice the contact on my skin feels.

"Maybe." I shrug and turn away from him to start making my way back to Mesha at the bar. Seven follows close behind me just like I knew he would.

"Lilianna." He calls from behind me and I feel his warm hand wrap around my wrist to bring my attention back to him. I'm too conscious of the way his touch on me is making the surface of the skin he's connecting with literally feel like it's vibrating. My sensitivity is awol due to the ecstasy.

"What?" I ask, letting him turn me around to face him again.

"What did you take?" He asks me, stepping closer so his face is hovering over mine as he studies my dilated pupils.

"Mesha and I halved a pill." I shrug.

"I'm fine." I roll my eyes at his weird over protective behaviour. His hand doesn't drop from around my wrist and I don't pull it free as I turn back around and walk to the bar. Seven continues to follow, his hand still grasping my wrist gently, almost as if we're holding hands as I lead us to Mesha and Curby still sat at the same place by the bar.

Curby notices us approach first, his eyes immediately zoning in on Seven's hand around my wrist causing Seven to drop his hold instantly. I guess he's not allowed to touch me even out of work. Suppose that's a good thing we're just friends now. Friends don't need to touch each other at all. Perfectly good old fashioned friends.

"Should've bet that you two would find each other in here." Curby comments as we get to the bar.

"Fuck up Curby." Seven suggests and Mesha looks at me with a quizzical raised brow. I shake my head at her, and she nods simply understanding we'll talk about it later.

"Oh my god!" Mesha exclaims excitedly, clapping her hands and jumping off the stool next to Curby.

"I love this song! Lily come dance with me!" She begs and grabs my hand. I glance up at Seven as Mesha drags me off into the dance floor. Curby and Seven watch us closely as we take a place on the edge of the crowded dance floor, the multitude of bodies already swaying to the heavy thumping song. Surprisingly I know the tune, Siren by Shygirl. It's one Mesha has played a lot in her car while driving us around.

Mesha grabs my hips and I slink my arms over her shoulders as we begin to move our bodies together with the music.

"He's watching you." Mesha says into my ear and my head turns to the bar to see Seven sitting on the stool next to Curby staring at us dancing.

"He said he just wants to be friends, remember?" I remind Mesha and she smirks.

"So let's give your new friend something to stare at. We'll see how much of a friend he wants to be then." Mesha plans mischievously and I can't lie, I kind of like the petty thinking she's suggesting right now.

We share a smirk and pick up our pace of dancing. Mesha's hands run over my body and we begin to dance against each other, grinding our hips into each others. I throw my head back and laugh at how ridiculous we must look but it's incredibly fun.

"Oh my god look at him!" Mesha giggles in my ear and I steal a glance at Seven again. His eyes are hooded while he watches us and his bottom lip is tucked into his mouth as he chews on it. If I'm not mistaken he looks...turned on?

"I fucking knew he'd get all hot and bothered." Mesha cackles and I laugh again as we continue to move against each other seductively.

Although the purpose of us dancing like this is solely for Seven's attention, it seems as though we've managed to grab the attention of practically every male within a ten metre radius of us. A lot of eyes are on us right now.

I'm aware of the guy who has approached us behind me. He hasn't touched me but is dancing closely next to both Mesha and I.

"I dare you to dance on him." Mesha says to me, nodding to the guy next to us.

"What? No." I shake my head and she nods.

"He's still watching you. That guys hot, it'll make Seven jealous." Mesha encourages me. I don't think it would make him jealous. Probably more like make him pissed off just like he gets when people touch me without my permission, so I am kind of curious to see how he'd react to me choosing to dance with someone.

I glance at the guy dancing next to Mesha and I. She's right, he is hot. Tall, dark hair and dark eyes. He smiles knowingly at me, showing off his perfect teeth. When I smile back Mesha let's go of my body and I turn my attention to the tall, handsome stranger. His hands find my hips and I turn in his arms so my back is pressed to his front. My hand lifts up to hold the back of his neck and the other lays over his grip on my hip as we move our bodies together to the music. The stranger dips his head into my neck, I can hear him talking but I can't catch what he's saying over the music.

I look back over to the bar to see Seven still watching me. His eyes burning into mine and I can see the red anger flickering behind his brilliant green orbs. His jaw is tight and I can see it flexing even from here as he clenches his teeth. Curby's face is darting from me dancing with the unknown man and then back to Seven's furious face. He says something to Seven but he doesn't even acknowledge Curby. I can imagine it's some kind of warning, telling Seven to just ignore me or something. Good luck ignoring this Seven.

I feel slightly evil for playing this petty game and using this innocent guy I'm dancing on to make Seven jealous. But I want to make a point to him about how this friendship of ours isn't exactly going to work out. Not with this tension between us. I know seeing me with someone else is driving him insane, just as it would drive me insane seeing him with another girl.

I keep steady eye contact with Seven as I push myself further against the guy behind me and he responds by gripping my hips harder and burying his face into my neck.

"He looks pissed." Mesha stands in front of me grinning and I smirk at her.

I lift the guys arms off from around my waist and he steps back as I turn around it him. Not wanting to tempt Seven into attacking the guy like I've seen him do so many times before.

"Thanks for the dance!" I yell over the music and the tall man nods.

"What's your name?" He asks me.

"None of your business." A voice interjects and I turn to see Seven now hovering behind me. My heart leaps into my throat when I feel Seven's hand hold my hip before sliding around to rest on my stomach. Encircling my body with his arm.

The guy simply nods and smiles at Seven before turning to dance on another girl not far from us. I glance to Mesha and she winks at me before retreating quietly back to the bar, leaving me caught within Seven's firm arm.

"You know it's not very nice of you to cock block your friends." I lean my head back against Seven's chest and his head dips so he can hear me.

"Come on. Let's go back to the bar." Seven frowns as his arm retracts from around me and falls to grab my wrist again. Leading me off the dance floor and back to the bar with Mesha and Curby.

"No one got murdered then." Curby jokes as we approach the bar, causing Mesha and I to smirk at each other.

"How much have you had to drink?" Seven asks Curby.

"Chill, just the one and then I bumped into these lovely ladies." Curby motions to Mesha and I.

"Good, I don't need you drunk. I need you good for the job tonight." Seven snaps at Curby.

"You guys are working tonight?" Mesha asks innocently and Curby quickly answers Mesha making up some bullshit story about checking out the club for inspiration on a renovation of Club Venus. There is no renovation, I know that for sure. Seven awkwardly glances down at me while Curby talks, his expression giving me confirmation that what Curby's saying is a complete lie.

I want to ask Seven why they're really here and why the club was shut tonight but I know I can't ask this around Mesha. I need to get him alone again but I don't know exactly how. I don't want to ask him outright to go somewhere privately with me but I have a suspicion that if I walked off on my own Seven would follow.

Curby and Mesha are back to engrossing each other in a flirtatious conversation and I lean in to whisper into Mesha's ear.

"I'm just gonna get some fresh air, okay?" I ask her and she nods.

If my plan works, I'll head outside and Seven will follow me out so I can then ask him about what's really going on tonight.
I leave them at the bar and make my way to the outside area where people from the night club are able to smoke without having to leave the venue.

I get out into the outside area, the cold night air blankets my exposed skin, spreading goosebumps over it instantly. There aren't too many people out here and when I glance over my shoulder Seven's tall frame is entering the outside area. Just as I had planned, he just can't help himself. I hide the pleased smirk taunting my lips before turning around to him.

"So are you going to tell me what this job you're doing tonight is?" I ask him as I settle into a quiet corner and Seven stands close next to me, his back to the rest of the area - creating a small private space between us.

"No." Seven answers with a small lift at the corners of his mouth and I roll my eyes at his answer.

"Why not?" I push causing Seven to sigh at my persistence.

"You just don't need to know about these kind of things." His face is set in a serious manner as those bright eyes watch me.

"Will you tell me why you closed the club tonight?" I try again, leaning my back against the brick wall of the building.

"No." Seven repeats, shoving his hands inside his trouser pockets. He always wears such formal clothes. I wonder what he's look like in a casual t-shirt or sweatpants. I wonder if he even owns any causal clothes.

"Some friendship this is cracking out to be." I huff sarcastically.

"If you needed to know I would tell you. But you don't, so I won't." Seven assures me.

"Mmm." I roll my eyes at him.

"Are you going to tell me what you took tonight?" He asks.

"If you needed to know I would tell you." I use his own words against him with an audacious smile causing Seven to sigh again.

"It's dangerous for you to be out on your own in this state." He scolds me and I stop myself from rolling my eyes at him again.

"I'm not on my own I'm with Mesha." I point out.

"The two of you are both high and drunk, it's not safe. There's too many dickheads around like both those guys back inside who were touching you." Seven moves to lean his shoulder against the brick wall. I can't help the weird excitement that buzzes through me at how close he is right now. His chest brushes against my shoulder slightly.

"Oh please we were just dancing. Plus I can handle myself. So can Mesha." I defend us.

"Lilianna—" Seven begins to argue but I interrupt him.

"Do you always wear button ups and slacks?" I change the subject.

"What?" Seven is caught off guard and confused by my random question.

"Your clothes. You always dress so formal." My hand reaches out involuntarily and plays with one of the buttons on the middle his black shirt. Seven's eyes drop to my hand on the fabric but he doesn't move it away.

"I uh, well yeah this is just how we dress." He shrugs, eyes still focused on my fingers touching his button.

"We as in your gang?" I question.

"Yes." He clarifies and clears his throat.

"Do you own any normal clothes? That aren't like this?" I ask and stop fiddling with the button to press my hand flat against his stomach. I feel the hard muscles tense under my touch.

"Uh, yeah." Seven looks up at me again.

"I think I'd like to see you in casual clothes." I think out loud with a pleased smile and drop my hand from his torso. His skin felt surprisingly warm even over the material. I bet it would feel nice to hug him, to feel his warmth capsulise my body.

"Why?" Seven's face is blank but his eyes roam my face, intrigue by my intoxicated ramblings.

"I just think you'd look cute." I shrug.

"Cute?" Seven frowns.

"Don't get me wrong, the suits are hot and all but I think you in a hoodie or something would be so adorable." My mouth blurts and I want to physically shove the words back in as soon as they're out. Did I seriously just call Seven cute, hot and adorable within five seconds. Oh god I'm so fucked.

He stares at me, slightly bewildered by my comment and I feel the sting of embarrassment on my cheeks. I avoid his gaze and focus on the few drunk people smoking out here.

"Well I don't think I've ever been called cute or adorable before." Seven finally speaks.

"There's a first for everything." I purse my lips, trying to will the deep flush on my face to burn out.

"You look beautiful tonight, by the way." Seven says quietly and I snap my head over to look at him. His eyes watch me carefully, I can't pick up on the emotion behind them. He's always so hard to read. I turn on my back off the wall to my side like he is so I can face him. We're even closer this way and I feel bold by the additives in my system and by the fact I've already embarrassed myself by complimenting him so I may as well keep going. At least I have the alcohol and ecstasy to blame this on once I'm sober.

"If we didn't work together, and we met out on a night like tonight...would you have taken me home and fucked me?" I ask Seven, delighted by his startled expression. Catching him off guard seems to be the only moments I'm able to actually read him.

"Um." Seven's voice comes out higher and strained, he clears his throat quickly.

"I don't know." He cops out of answering and I roll my eyes.

"Come on just answer, yes or no." I push.

"I'd probably assume you had a boyfriend and not have approached you." He says as another cop out.

"Oh my god, it's just a yes or no Seven. Pretend that it was obvious I was single, would you fuck me or not?" I'm beginning to get irritated by his carful answers. Seven leans slightly closer to me and I watch him carefully for his answer. Hoping it's the one I want.

"Well it's not just up to me. But if we met out like this and if you wanted me too then yes. I would take you home and fuck you." He finally answers and my heart begins to pick up. Hearing him say the words makes my stomach tingle and I want to smile but I don't. I don't want him to know how much it pleases me to know he wants me that way. I watch his eyes glance to my mouth.

"How come you never kissed me? When we were in the dressing room you never kissed me..." I ask quietly, I didn't realise how close we'd gotten to each other. Like magnets we keep gravitating closer and closer as we speak.

"I don't know. I'm not meant to be touching you so I think the thought of kissing you was a bit much to push for." Seven answers lowly, his eyes burning into mine as we talk.

"So it's not because you didn't want to?" I question and he shakes his head. My stomach is in knots, so many knots even the knots have knots. I'm saying knots a lot. Oh god I feel extra tipsy around Seven. I wonder if it's because he makes my heart beat faster and it's pushing the substances further through my bloodstream or if I'm just experiencing a secondary high from him alone.

The way he's looking at me would make any girl melt on the spot.

"I wish you would have kissed me before you decided you just wanted to be friends." I admit, glancing at his plump pink lips, his tongue swipes over his bottom lip as I do. I bet they'd feel so nice to kiss.

"Why?" Seven's voice is slightly strained.

"Because then I'd just know what it feels like. I wouldn't always be wondering." I say to his lips, and notice the way his Adam's Apple in his throat bobs at my words as Seven swallows hard before he speaks.

"I wonder that too." He admits and even though we're outside in the cold I can feel my skin heating up.

When I meet my eyes back with Seven's his pupils look just as dilated as my own. They're darting between my eyes and my lips as his face slowly inches forward. Is he going to kiss me? My heart begins to pound in my chest when his face stops only a breath from mine. He's so close I can taste his exhalation on my tongue from the rasped breaths tumbling from his agape lips.

His green eyes continue to flick from my own lips to my eyes. I can tell he wants to kiss me. I just know it and the thought sends that familiar spark twitching in my fingertips.

"Do...do you want to kiss me?" I whisper. Seven's brows pull into a concerned frown.

"Yes." He whispers back, swallowing hard again. The look on his face makes it seem as if the words are physically hurting him to admit.

"Then kiss me." I let the words flow out, not letting myself think about them too much. He leans forward a little more and I stop breathing. The air hitches in my throat as Seven's nose delicately brushes against mine in a soft gesture. He stops with his nose nudging mine, and I lift my chin to connect our mouths. His lips barely graze mine before he pulls back. Seven's eyes squeeze closed with a deeper frown etched between his eyes.

"Lilianna—" He shakes his head slowly.

"I can't kiss you." He opens his eyes again, the familiar burning gaze behind his stare.

"Why? You just said you wanted to. I won't tell anyone, your uncle won't find out." God why am I so desperate for this? I sound so pathetic.

Seven inhales sharply through his nose, a conflict swimming in his blazing eyes as I look between them. I don't understand him, if he wants to then why not? I'd understand if it were the fact that he didn't want to but he said he does so I don't understand why he won't.

"You know why I can't. Not to mention you're drunk and high." He pulls his face back from me to create a distance between us again.

"No. I don't understand why? Is this just fun to you? To play cat and mouse with me all the time? Touch me in the dressing room and then tell me you want to be friends? But yet you scare off every guy that comes near me. Saying that you want to kiss me but you can't? I don't get it. I don't get you." I shake my head at him and when he opens his mouth to answer I continue and cut him off.

"I get that you're scared of your uncle and his rules but how is this any different to the random girls you do kiss? We're not at work right now. You should be able to—"

"I'm not scared of my uncle. I'm scared of you." Seven interjects me quietly and my entire body stills. Did I just hear him correctly? I mustn't have.

"You're scared of me?" My face creases in complete confusion. That just doesn't make any sense. To my surprise Seven nods and closes his eyes again before rolling his head back as if this conversation is something he really didn't want to be having right now.

"Why?" That's just absurd, why would he be scared of me? I'm...well I'm me. This man is in a fucking gang for gods sakes and is scared of me?! Seven exhales a deep breath into the night sky dramatically.

"Because Lilianna." Seven opens his eyes and looks back down at me, his fingers grip the bridge of his nose as his face grimaces, clearly distressed by what's going through his mind and by what he's about to say.

"I'm scared of you because you have an influence over me no one has ever had before, not even Victor." Seven breathes and I stay silent, staring at him in shock. My silence causes him to continue.

"I-I don't fucking understand this obsession I have with you. It's freaking me out. This is literally everything I've been warned to stay away from my entire life but then you come along and I can't do it. I can't stay away from you." He runs a frustrated hand through his hair.

"You can't keep saying that kind of shit. Asking me to kiss you and that, you don't understand the orders I'm under. If Victor even knows I've touched you he'll retaliate. He's already threatened you and I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you. I won't let him touch you but to keep that promise I can't touch you either." Seven sounds angry, desperate and tortured all at once as he rushes the words that seem to pain him to say.

I don't really know what to say. I'm in shock, real silencing shock. My mouth is open and I want to say something but I can't get my voice to sound and I can't think of the words to say. His words both excite me and terrify me. What does he mean Victor has already threatened me? 

Seven stares at me waiting, his chests rising and falling quickly. I can imagine his heart rate is thudding like mine is right now. What he said was a lot and I'm not use to an open Seven. How do I even respond to this.

"I..." I stutter out.

"You said Victor has already threatened me?" I choose to ask first and Seven nods.

"Does he know about us?"

"No. But he knew something was up with how I was reacting over you at the bar." Seven explains.

"But like I said I won't let anything happen to you." His warm hand impulsively cups my cheek in comfort. Shocking us both by his tender action. I can't help but lean my cheek into his palm, the same way I did in the car that first night he dropped me home.

Seven watches me, fascinated by the soft interaction between us. I get the feeling he hasn't touched many women in delicate, comforting ways like this. His thumb brushes over the top of my cheek as he holds it. His bottom lips folding into his mouth as he does.

"Do you trust me?" He asks quietly and I nod without hesitation. I don't know why but it's true. I do trust him. Maybe not with my feelings just yet but I do trust that he will try to keep me safe.

"Do you trust me?" I dare to ask him. I know Seven doesn't trust anyone, not even his uncle Victor. He's never trusted anyone in his life so I don't expect him to say yes.

Seven frowns deep in thought, his hand still on my cheek as he contemplates my question.

"I...I've never trusted anyone before. But I feel like maybe..." He carry's off.

"Lilianna, I—"

"Sev!" Curby's voice calls from behind Seven and he quickly drops his hand from my face, my cheek prickles at the loss of the warm contact.

"What?" Seven asks harshly, clearly annoyed by the interruption.

"It's time. Victor said they're ready for us to bring him." Curby says. What's time? Bring who? Where? I don't understand Curby but I'm guessing it's what their job is tonight. Mesha is just as confused as I am as she looks sideways at Curby.

Seven just nods and turns back to me.

"I have to go." His face is still set in a frown.

"Okay." I try my best to hide the disappointment in my tone.

"I uh, I won't be by the club for a bit. Got some shit to sort out." Seven says quietly to me.

"Oh." So he's leaving town? I glance around him to see Mesha and Curby talking to themselves, distracted with their own flirting.

"So I won't see you?" I ask Seven and reach out, brushing my fingers against his knuckles. I have a huge urge to just touch him, especially now that I know I won't be seeing him at work.

Seven's hand turns at the contact of my fingers and he hooks his index finger around mine in a small, inconspicuous gesture. It's almost like our fingers are holding hands.

"Not this week." He confirms, green eyes studying mine.

"Do you have your phone on you?" Seven asks me.

"Yes." I let his finger go to pull my phone out the side of my dress.

"Give it to me." Seven holds out his large hand and I place it in his palm without a second thought.

"I don't do texting. But if you need to call me you can." He says typing his number into my phone.

"Okay." I nod, ignoring the tensing in my stomach at him giving me his phone number. I couldn't imagine Seven texting, but the idea of talking on the phone with him excites me.

He hands my phone back just as Curby and Mesha come to stand next to us.

"We really should start heading off." Curby emphasises to Seven and he just waves him off, not breaking eye contact with me.

"You two have a ride back home?" He asks me, referring to both Mesha and I.

"Yeah I have an Uber coming to take us back to the hotel." Mesha answers.

"Good. We'll leave once they're in their ride." Seven confirms to Curby who immediately disagrees and insists they should be leaving promptly themselves. However Seven and the protective flare in him win over Curby's tardiness as they wait to watch Mesha and I get into our Uber.

——————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 1.3K 24
ეს არ უნდა გამეკეთებინა,არუნდა დამელია,ასე როგორ დავკარგე თავი? თეჰიონ: შენ რა ბავშვის მოშორებას აპირებ? ეს ხომ ჩემი შვილიცააა? ჯინ-ჰო:....
16K 476 25
Zeus's arrogance has finally tipped his eldest brother, Hades, over the edge as Zeus kills Hades youngest son Alex. Jason, Percy and Nico stand up to...
656K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
7.4K 68 11
Tighnaris heat season has started and he needs sexual intercourse to end his heat season And Collei doesn't know about the heat season