Eternal Harmony - Luka Couffa...

By thatoneyasmin

"They hate each other," "No, they don't. Not really," Luka is a teenage boy who is really calm and patient, y... More

CH 1: Bittersweet Day
CH 3: Small Change
CH 4: Hooked
CH 5: Game Plan
CH 6: Unexpected Visit
CH 7: His Eyes
CH 8: The Camp
CH 9: New Friend
CH 10: Boyfriend Material
CH 11: Her Smile
CH 12: The Camp Pt. 2
CH 13: Deja Vu
CH 14: Drama Queen
CH 15: Hello, New York!
CH 16: Memories
CH 17: Gossips
CH 18: Daddy
CH 19: Strangeness
CH 20: Rumours
CH 21: Rough Days
CH 22: Lucky Villain
CH 23: Face Of Paris
CH 24: London Rush
CH 25: Eternal Harmony
EPILOGUE

CH 2: Starting Point

2K 66 37
By thatoneyasmin

It was the audition day! Jessica and I just arrived at the hotel, seeing many girls come to try their luck too. A wave of nervousness was slapped onto my face when I saw the Style Queen herself, Audrey Bourgeois.

"Good luck!" Jessica whispered at me. I just answered with a smile.

"I'll wait for you there, okay? See ya," she waved her hands at me before she went to take her seat at the audience section.

This is a public audition, meaning that everyone was watching us from the hotel hall. It was taken place at the same spot as Clara Nightingale's audition that she had for her music video cameo.

I lined up to register and get my audition number. I was at the back of the line, but someone suddenly came in to be the last person. It was a girl, obviously. She seemed a little younger than me. She looked so scared and nervous.

"Hi," I greeted her.

"Hi," she mumbled. I could barely hear her voice.

"What's your name?" I asked softly so I didn't scare her.

"Juleka," she answered.

That's... a beautiful name! Well, her name is actually meaning beautiful.

"Nice to meet you, Juleka. I'm (y/n)," I introduced myself to her. She finally did a little smile, stretching her hand to shake hands with me.

"You wanna go in front of me?" I asked.

"Really?" she was hesitant.

"Yeah, come," I brought her to line in front of me. She nodded with a smile. She then thanked me for doing so.

There was no reason for me to do so but I'm glad that she's happy.

30 minutes passed by and it was finally our turn. Juleka came upstage first, she was so terrified when her number was called.

"You can do it, trust me," I gave her support.

She smiled at me and walked upstage. She introduced herself and started to shine. I was amazed by her. She already looks pretty in the first place.

Right after her, it was my turn. I stepped onto the stage with a little nervousness. I started with a smile, confidently introduced myself.

"So, why do you want to be a model?" Audrey asked.

"I wanna be a model because I want to gain new experiences. Being a model will expose you to a lot of different skills, such as proper posture, communication skills and poise, that you can apply to other careers. Thus, I chose to model since it was my hobby since I was a kid," I passionately explained.

"What is your goal?" Audrey asked.

"My goal is to be the best model out there and be one of the successful models to advertise popular designs," I answered.

"Are you ready to expose yourself and break out of your shell?" oh, she really wanted the best for her brand.

"Yes," I said confidently.

"Okay, good. Based on the photos you provide us, you seemed to be naturally made for this," she shuffled the polaroid I brought for the audition.

"So, show us what you got other than these photos," she took off her sunglasses, making me nervous.

I nodded, stepping back a little to start my own fashion show. I saw Jessica in the distance was cheering for me.

I took a deep breath, waiting for the background track to play. All of the auditionees were required to do a short catwalk for about 30 seconds. I started walking confidently while eyeing the audience with a confident smile displayed on my lips.

Once I've done, people gave me a round of applause. I was so relieved that I did my best. I then walked down after the audition, waiting for the result to be announced.

The only supporter I had was Jessica and she was so nervous too. I'm really, really grateful to have such a bestie like her. The purple-haired girl I met just now was sitting with a middle-aged woman, probably her mother. She glanced at me, waving at me with a tiny smile. I returned it and wished her good luck.

"Who's that?" Jessica asked.

"I don't know, a random girl I talked to when we were lining up," I casually answered.

"Whoa, since when did you overcome your fear to talk to strangers like nothing?" Jessica was pretty impressed.

"I... didn't actually. It's just... she seemed too scared, so I helped her to gain confidence," I said.

"Okay, but why?" she asked.

"I don't know. It's like... my heart wanted to talk to her somehow,"

"Ooh, something is going on," Jessica smirked.

"What? No! She's so much younger than me!"

"No, girl, not that way. I feel like there's something about her that attracts you to talk to her, but not because of her," she said.

"I don't get what the hell you just said, but okay," I sighed, scrolling through my phone. Jessica just rolled her eyes.

Soon after, all of the contestants were called to come onto the stage. The top five were chosen. Only three will be hired as Audrey's models.

I stood on the stage nervously, waiting for the result. I closed my eyes neatly. I felt someone touch my hand, so I glanced in shock. It was Juleka, she felt nervous too, so she held my hand. I just passed her a little smile, whispering, "It's okay, we'll make it together,"

"No, there's only one spot left," she mumbled.

I pouted when I realised so.

"And the last lucky girl is..."

I detected the grip of Juleka's hand was getting tighter.

"It's you, trust me," she said to me.

I just looked at her in guilt.

"... (y/n) (l/n)!"

My feet froze. Is this... for real?

I gazed at Juleka again, she was clapping her hands while smiling proudly at me.

"Told you so," she muttered.

I was gaping. I saw Jessica was cheering like a freak in the crowd while people around her just stared at her weirdly. Her action made me defrost, laughing like a maniac on the stage.

"Congratulation," Juleka smiled, embracing me without hesitation.

"Thank you," I returned the hug to her.

"We are sorry for the unchosen ones, better luck next time! We kindly ask to step downstage," the emcee announced.

Juleka waved her hand for the last time at me while walking down.

Audrey grabbed a microphone, ready to say something to us.

"Congrats to all of you. Remember, I didn't choose you just because of your visuals, but your charisma and confidence. Beauty is universal, it is a combination of qualities. And I see that in each of you," she spoke like the queen she is.

We were asked to meet her again next weekend at the same exact location at 11 am. We walked away together after the ceremony ended.

"Olivia Hutton," a slender tall olive-skinned girl introduced herself to me.

I smiled, shaking my hands with her. "(y/n) (l/n),"

"And you?" Olivia asked the other girl next to me. She seemed a little older than us.

She just looked at us from head to toe.

"Isabelle Miller," she said arrogantly.

Miller, huh? Why is that so familiar?

"Nice to meet you!" Olivia is really friendly to everyone she meets.

Isabelle just rolled her eyes, walking away.

"Whoa, that was... unexpected," Olivia spoke.

"Anyways, how old are you?" she changed the topic.

"I'm 17. You?"

"Same!"

We got to know each other further, but damn. She's freaking talkative. It's like she never breathes in between her sentences. My reticent side just screaming for help from the inside, but I tried to be patient.

We changed numbers and eventually became friends. She waved her hands passionately when she saw her parents were waiting for her in the distance. I waved back meekly with a goodbye.

Phew, the conversation is over! I couldn't stand it anymore, she's too chatty!

I walked around to look for Jessica, but she ended up being the one to startle me from my back instead. I hit her on the arm, making her laugh out loud. It's not Jessica Wilson without a giggle escaping her mouth even for a small reason.

"I knew you gonna make it!" she said in her high-pitched voice, making her voice echo in the huge lobby.

I just chuckled to see my bestie is overhyping than my non-existing parents. They probably don't even know I was here for the audition. They barely read my texts from a few days ago.

"Let's go eat some ice cream to celebrate the queen!" she jumped in excitement, pulling my hand out of the hotel.

We walked to an ice cream shop, having a nice cold dessert in the middle of a sunny day.

"Oh my god, I can already imagine your face all over Paris," Jessica put her hopes up.

"Just wait. I will one day," the enthusiasm in me just burnt when she said so.

"That's my best friend," she said excitedly, pulling out her phone to see her gallery. She took some of my photos when we were auditioning, posting them on her Instagram story, tagging me.

I watched the city scenery with a relaxed mind, feeling relieved and satisfied with the audition result. My hands casually worked to feed myself the scoops of ice cream.

Today is the start of my journey. Mark it down on your calendar.

-----

"Dismiss," Miss Nelson dismissed the class.

I let out a heavy breath, bringing my books with me to walk to the locker room. I'm not embarrassed to see Luka ever again, because I know he will be nothing after I start my career.

I bumped into Jake on my way, dropping my books on the floor.

"Watch it!" he shouted.

I just ignored him, picking up my stuff. He was shocked to see me being the person he ran into.

"Oh, I- I'm sorry," he said hesitantly, crouching to help me pick my books up.

I chinned up to see his face, raising my left eyebrow. "Well, that's nice," I was being sarcastic.

He just sighed, looking at me like he was about to swallow me. He passed me the books back, apologising again.

I started to step away, but his sudden statement stopped me.

"Well, that's not very nice,"

I turned around to face him. "What else do you want?"

He approached me, placing his hand on the wall behind me.

I just watched him carefully, ready to smack him in the face if he does something.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Why would I tell you?"

"I have to talk to your parents,"

I looked at him in shock. No, hell no.

"Because their daughter isn't learning manners," he continued. I was relieved to hear so. Nah, I won't fall for his playboy trap.

"Do you learn your manners?" he asked.

"Do you?" I spit back.

"I do, but don't compare me to a good girl like you," he answered.

"Good girl? Who?" I casually said.

"So you're a baddie, huh?" he smirked.

"I can be worse than what people see,"

He scoffed with a playful smile on his lips.

"But I'm sure a bad girl learns manners too," he spoke.

"Let's get this done, what do you want?" I crossed my arms.

"I helped you,"

"And?" I asked.

"What do you have to say?"

I rolled my eyes, sighing. "Thank you,"

"What? I can't hear it,"

"I said, THANK YOU, JAKE FREAKING JASON FOR HELPING MY HUMBLE SELF TO PICK UP MY STUPID BOOKS THAT WAS FALLEN ONTO THE GROUND WHEN I BUMPED INTO SUCH A KIND-HEARTED BOY LIKE YOU,"

My voice broke the loudness in the hallway, making everyone stare at us. Hisses and gossips started to escape people's mouths, but I ignored them all.

Jake chuckled. "Now, that's badass,"

He cupped my jaw, staring into my eyes.

What the f*ck, Jake?

"You're welcome," he whispered.

He let me go, casually walking away with his hands in his pockets like nothing happened. Oh, f you, JJ.

I rolled my eyes, heading to the destination I was planning to go to. Jessica was waiting for me in the locker room. She was scrolling through her phone next to her opened locker, displaying photos of her family and friends hung in it.

"Hey, where have you been?" she asked.

"Sorry, that dude messed up with me," I said.

"Which dude?" she was confused.

She covered her mouth. "Luka?"

"What? No! Slightly better," I complained.

"JJ?"

I sighed, nodding meekly. Sorry not sorry, Luka was no longer gained my respect. As Jess said, Jake could be much better than him.

"Slightly better, huh?" Jessica disturbed.

"At least, he learns his manners to be fair with people," I rolled my eyes.

Jessica stared at the ground. "Yeah, can agree,"

I took out my phone to see if anything going on. I received an email, saying that we would have modelling training this weekend.

"Do you know that Ladybug gave the heroes their Miraculous permanently?" Jessica cracked.

"No, and I don't care," I said. Like literally, I'm not interested in these skinny-suited heroes. Yes, they saved our lives, but I'm just not interested to know more about this topic.

All I know is I have to beat Adrien Agreste's success without having a famous family member to promote me.

"Come on, I know you're stressed because of those two besties, but look at this," Jessica comforted, showing her phone screen to me.

I gave up, looking down at her phone.

Ladyblog.

This week, Ladybug, the guardian herself announced her decision to give the heroes their Miraculous permanently...

"What do you think?" Jessica was excited.

"Is she stupid?"

Jessica didn't expect that to escape from my mouth.

"Like, what if any of them betray their promise and break her trust? What if they use the power wrongly for their own needs? What if Hawk Moth finds out their identities and forces them to pass the Miraculous to him?"

Jessica was being silent.

"At least, she doesn't have to announce it publicly," I said, turning my gaze back at my locker.

"I... didn't think of that," she said.

"Well, she's a child, of course, she does stupid stuff," she continued.

"It doesn't matter to do stupid stuff as long as it doesn't affect other people's safety," I answered.

"Plus, she's not even that young. She's still a grown-up teenager that can think properly,"

I finally found the book I needed for the next class. Slamming the locker door back, I left the room to go back to the class. Jessica quickly turned off her phone, chasing me from the back.

I wondered if Ladybug's action will cause anything to this city, or maybe affects the heroes themselves.

I won't be surprised if I heard any news about "mistakenly used power" in the future. It could be anything, either it's harming us or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 887 30
"An epidemic has broken out throughout half of Ireland! A viral infection that has drove people to attack each other! Everyone is advised to stay ind...
1M 55.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
35.5K 1K 34
' She's here...' I opened my eyes to see a very familiar girl wearing a blank white mask. "So this is what you choose in the end?" I ask staring at...
22.4K 710 36
Y/n was a new princess of Ninjago City. Because of earlier events with Harumi not everyone likes her family and they quickly gain enemies. When someo...