The Makeover

By Spg041

Ugly. That's what she was. And then a year later, she's stunningly beautiful. Beautiful is an understatement... More

The Makeover
Planning
Oh gosh
What NOT to Wear
Stupid Quiz
Hair and Makeup
Workout
Dieting
The comebacks
Use the force
Seductiveness
Partayy
I don't have a chapter name
First Day
Getting Nowhere
Sneakin Out
New Guy
Brusters and B*tches
A date with James
How interesting...
Baby pictures? I don't think so mother.
Accepted Amber? NO
SUPRISE!
Birthday
Hiking?
The great outdoors
Strolling
Descisions, Descisions
My lovey:)
Harsh Relations
Tryouts
The Truth Comes Out
Macaroni like yeah
Confrontation
And the lightbulb goes off...
NoT so predictable after all
Reaction
Call the Cops!
You Only Live Once
Lake
Lake Part 2
NEW UPDATE COOL CATS
L-O-V-E
The name caller
Milkshakes
Stolen Away
Trapped
Eye openings
help me
The End
Epilogue
NEW STORY
Spin-Off Teaser
Not So Innocent
New story
A/N (Read if you want idk haha)

Morals

100K 1.4K 290
By Spg041

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE PLEASE PLEASE READ IF YOU WANT AN UPDATE

NEW COVER THANK YOU SOSTEPHH

^^^follow her and read her book Staggered Heart, it's amazing.

So, I wrote two chapters in my book, Can the player play the player? (CPPP) and if I get fifty votes on that chapter, I will update this story, the Makeover, because I already have the next update for this story written and trust me, it's the best part of the Makeover. Without further adue, :

"Children, children, the bus is boarding now. Please say your last goodbyes to your parents and siblings and then file into the bus in an orderly fashion. Please, no more than two to a seat. There is enough room for almost everybody to have one to themselves, anyways," Mrs. Baxter says in her shrilly, high-pitched voice.

I watch as the children hug their moms and dads goodbye as I carry my luggage to the back of the bus to store it away.

"Those look heavy, what do you have in there?" Noah asks, eyeing my suitcase and I shrug.

"Toiletries, makeup, clothing, a pillow, stuffed animals, candy, beer-"

"Beer?' Noah asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"I want to get wasted!" I say and a few parents turn to glare at my outburst, thinking about what a good rolemodel I am for children. Move along, nothing to see here. Suck my dick...

"We're on a mission trip, Addison. That's not appropriate and you're not even old enough to drink anyways," Noah lectures me. Is he serious? Because I sure am!

"Glad to know you think so highly of me, I was joking, you dummy," I say, ruffling his long hair and he glares at my actions. He puts his suitcase down for a second to smooth out his hair and fix it.

"Hey, Addie! Man-whore!" James says, greeting Noah and I. Apparently, he hasn't forgotten about what happened after he kissed me and Noah saw.

Noah clenches his teeth in frustration and I give him a look to remind him to be nice. I told him to act civilized towards James just for these few days and he promised he would try, but I'm not sure how that is going to work.

"Nice to see you, too, Jamie," Noah says through his gritted teeth and I laugh at this.

"Jamie? That's the best you can come up with?" James says, clearly annoyed even at the amateur nickname.

"You're just so feminine," Noah says, earning him another glare from "Jamie".

"Here, Addie, I'll take that heavy suitcase of yours," James says, clearly to annoy Noah.

Noah's eyes widen as he realizes that as my boyfriend, he can't let that happen. "No, no, I was just about to offer that, thank you very much, but it's good to know an animal like you has manners," Noah says, aggressively yanking my suitcase out of my grip and putting into the bus' trunk.

"Guys, come on! Please don't be like this the whole trip!" I say with a sigh, running my hand through my hair.

"Sorry, he must be PMSing," James says as we walk back to the front of the bus.

"I'm not PMSing, you're the one who woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Noah says.

"It's the crack of dawn! We can't all be like fucking Edward Cullen and have the ability to wake up really early without being tired," James shouts at him.

"Mr. James! Language check!" Mrs. Baxter says, as she passes by us and James just rolls his eyes at her.

"Edward Cullen doesn't need sleep because he's a vampire," I correct him and he gives me a look as to show that he could care less.

When we walk up the stairs to the bus, the only seats left are in the front. There's two of them. Looks like those greedy children wanted them all to themselves, so they could have a bunch of leg room. Well, my legs are longer than theirs. I've gone through puberty. I have more of a right to my own seat.

"Sit with me, Addie," James says, sitting in the seat to the left. Noah glares at him, grabs my hand and pulls me down to the seat on the right. I shoot James an apolegetic look and he rolls his eyes as Mrs. Baxter sits next to him. The bus doors close and we are on our two-hour ride.

"Here, I brought you some gummy bears. I know you love them," James says, reaching across Mrs. Baxter with a handfull of gummy bears after he gets over his initial pouty mood.

"Thanks, James," I say taking the bears and smiling. I offer a few to Noah who shakes his head, declining the offer.

"No thanks, they're probably poisoned and I brought my own food," Noah says pulling out gummy worms.

Ecxitedly, in an un-ladylike fashion I shove the rest of the gummy bears into my mouth and start to rip open the package of gummy worms, which are even better than gummy bears.

Bears are mean and worms are nice. Well, most of the time. One time, when I was five or so, I went searching for insects with a kit I recieved and I accidentaly picked up a poisonous slug, so I had to go the hospital. Slugs and worms are different animals, though, so I really can't hate on the lookalike species.

Sour slugs. That sounds gross.

A finger pokes me and I turn to see a large, overweight boy pointing at the gummy worms in my hand.

"Bruce, if you would like a worm, can you please use your manners?" Mrs. Baxter asks the boy.

I look at him, expectantly, and when he grunts, I take that as a "pretty please with a cherry on top" and hand over a few worms. He doesn't seem much like a talker.

"Hey! No fair! I want one, too!" shouts a blonde girl with pigtails. Seriously, these kids are in middle school and they act like they're six. Was I like this?

"I'm sorry, they're all gone," I say, shoving ten in my mouth and sneakily handing the rest of the bag to Noah. The girl gives me a glare and Mrs. Baxter looks at me in a discouraging way.

There's not an unlimited gummy worm supply. Why should I sacrifice for some greedy child?

"I'll remember that," the girl says in a threatening tone, and Noah and I can't help but start to crack up. Her eyes squint even more at me and I gasp for breath after laughing because I almost choked on all of those gummy worms.

"You could do so much better than her," blondie says to Noah and now it's my turn to glare at her and stick my tongue out.

"Addie, face forward," Mrs. Baxter reprimands me and I blush, embarassed at my childlike behavior when I'm supposed to be setting a good example.

Alexx is sitting a few rows behind and she mouths to me, "Give her the finger, that little prick,". Okay, so at least there are some worse rolemodels here than myself.

For two hours, Noah and I continue to sneak gummy worms into our mouths, tell each other cheesy pick up lines, and end up playing 20 questions before the bus arrives at our destination.

The door opens, and being in the front of the bus, I am the first one out.

"Freedom!" I shout as I do a little dance and Noah laughs at me, cracking his back. Those bus seats aren't exactly the most comftorable and they really do hurt my butt.

After all of the volunteers and kids file out of the bus, Mrs. Baxter reads our group names off the list," There will be two volunteers to each group, so that means three groups," she says and then reads off the groups.

"In group number one, there will be Louis, Daniella, Gabby, Carson, and Larry, who will be lead by Mr. Noah and yours truly," she says and I frown. I wanted to lead a group with Noah!

Group one gathers and then they walk away to start unpacking their bags. Girls and boys were seperated into four, large, different cabins because there wasn't enough room in just one cabin for all the girls and same for the boys.

"In the second group, there will be Kacie, Molly, Brad, Jackie, and Carl. The group leaders are Miss Alexx and Miss Jane," she says and I notice Alexx turn to look at the chirpy ginger next to her with obvious distaste. The blonde girl with the pigtails goes to her group and I breathe a sigh of relief that she isn't with Noah or me.

When our eyes meet, I give her a sorry look. Wait, if Alexx and Noah and-

"Miss Addie and Mr. James will be in the third group with Bruce, Tommy, Melissa, Bryan, and Luke," she says and a short brunette girl starts to whine.

"But I don't want to be the only girl!" she shouts even though must girls my age would be thrilled to be in her shoes, ecspecially when Tommy and Luke sure were cuties.

"It's fine, you have me," I say smiling down at her and she visibly relaxes a little bit.

We go grab our stuff and on our way to the bus, James slings his arm around me.

"'Sup groupmate?" he asks and before I can reply, his arm is being yanked off me by a rather angry Noah.

"Leave her alone, James," he says with a growl and replaces James arm with his own.

At first, their bickering was humorous and I enjoyed being fought over by two guys, but now it was just tiresome.

"No can do, Noah. Didn't you hear? We lead the same group," James taunts Noah, making a stare down I am uncomftorably stuck in the middle of.

"Guys, stop it. I'm going to go unpack," I say with a sigh, grabbing my bag and bringing it to a cabin Alexx and I will be sharing.

"I call top bunk," I say as Alexx and I pick our beds. I place my bag on the top, not bothering to unpack.

"Fine," she says, annoyed with her bottom bunk spot. You can't always get what you want.

Since it is around lunchtime, we walk out towards the canteen with our set of keys. We turn on the lights of the room and go back to the kitchen. Noah and James bring in some food we brought like sandwhiches, fruit, and frozen things like biscuits and chicken nuggets.

Alexx and I preheat the oven and Jane starts to clean off the tables and other parts of the kitchen with a soapy solution and a wash rag. After an hour, we have all of the food baked and the bell is rung to alert the loitering kids about the food we prepared.

The kids come in and make an orderly line, where they go down and grab whatever food they want.

"Bruce, you might want to leave some chicken nuggets for the other kids," Mrs. Baxter politely asks Bruce, but he just gives her another grunt.

After the kids are served, the volunteers grab our good and we sit down at a table of her own. Jane goes on babbling about how ecxited she is and everyone else just kind of nods their heads as if they're actually listening.

Suddenly, a chair is placed in between Noah and I, and blondie, Molly, sits down.

"This is a table for the adults, sorry, honey," I say, my tone dripping with annoyance.

Molly turns to me with an innocent look, "I know. I just wanted to drop by. I don't think that's so bad," she says and my eyes turn to suspicious slits.

"How nice, Molly! We're glad to have you" Mrs. Baxter says and her chair scoots closer to Noah's. Is this sixth grader seriously hitting on my boyfriend who was a little old for me and like a pedophile compared with her?

After lunch, which passed by slowly after Molly's unwelcome presence was at our table, Noah pulls me aside.

"That Molly, girl, she is just so-"

"Annoying, rude, stupid-"

"Awesome and if only she was a few years older," Noah continues and I stare at him, with my mouth dropped open in shock.

"Kidding, kidding, jealous much?" Noah says, raising his hands with a small laugh.

"She was all over you," I say in defense.

"She's a sixth grader! I don't have any romantic incline towards her, so you have nothing to worry about," he says, laughing some more and I sigh in defeat. Maybe I was overreacting a little bit.

"You're jealous, to," I say.

"Of who? Bruce? I can't believe you just gave him those gummy worms," Noah says, shaking his head in a teasing manner and I put my hands on my hips and give him a look.

"He's scary," I say in defeat.

"He might sit on you," Noah says and I smile at his comment.

"But seriously, James and I are just friends," I say, getting back to the more serious manner at hand. I wish Noah would stop being so protective when James really is a great friend.

"That's not how he acts," Noah says.

"He's joking and trying to get on your nerves," I say, with a sigh.

"Well, that annoying pest does get on my nerves and no, I see the way he looks at you. It's like I do, so no, he thinks of you as something different than a friend. Can't you just go back to ignoring him?" he asks.

"Chill, Noah. James and I are just friends and he knows that," I say, giving him a quick peck when I see no kids are around to watch.

"What was that?" Noah asks, referring to a rustling bush.

"Nothing, the wind," I say, grabbing his hand and pulling him back to the rest of the camp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 8.1K 35
Jamie is just trying to go through life as easily as he possibly can, but him being gay wasn't entirely helping him at his high school. He used to be...
551K 13.4K 25
Emery Scott was a shy quiet nerd who always got picked on but tried to stay out of everyone's way. She got picked on from 6th grade to sophomore year...
1.8K 3 9
[Book one] Riley Quinn, A 18 year old girl starts a new school in New York. Although she's never taken a fancy with the boys, one catches her eye. S...
73.9K 2.5K 27
Have you ever wanted to be the bad girl of the school? The girl who everyone fears, the girl who's hot yet freaking badass? Well so does Alex. It's...