Ashes

By Nickey0398

•~BOOK THREE•~ Sequel to Bastard Child and Phoenix Mackinzy McCall and her friends thought life couldn't get... More

Ashes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Six
Voting for Book Four

Chapter Forty Five

416 6 0
By Nickey0398

Chapter Forty Five

Mac's POV

"It's Mason?" I asked Braden and Malia. We were standing in the hallway near Scott's room. Kira and Stiles had just helped my injured brother to bed. He thought it was a good idea to go up against The Beast alone. Though he got his ass kicked, he was able to get its scent. That led Liam and Scott to Mason's car.

"Yeah." Malia sighed. I was shocked. Mason must not have known he was The Beast. He's been trying to help us find and stop it. Help us stop himself. After Scott and Liam realized who it was, Corey escaped with Mason. Now we were left wondering where they went and what to do.

Stiles walked up to the three of us and we exchanged a look. Malia and Braden updated me on the Desert Wolf situation. It seemed like Stiles might be her next target.

"What? What? What did I do?" Stiles asked reading our expressions. Braden and I looked at Malia.

"Tell him," Braden said. Malia sighed. 

"You know how my mother wants to kill me?" Malia asked and Stiles nodded. "I think she might want to kill you too."

"Okay, uh, that's disconcerting," Stiles replied and looked at me. "I should probably have a gun."

"Don't look at me. Noah takes away every gun I get." I said with a shrug. We all looked to Braden.

"I'm not giving you a gun," Braden said.

"You have a gun. Mac has a gun. The Desert Wolf who is trying to kill me has a gun. I think I should probably have a gun." Stiles argued. Braden took a handgun out of her hip holster and removed the clip. She tossed the gun to Stiles who immediately fumbled and dropped it to the ground. "I probably shouldn't have a gun."

"Yeah, you think?" I said, shaking my head.

~

The next morning the pack, minus Scott, was in his kitchen. We were trying to come up with a plan to find Mason. There has been no trace of him since last night. "My dad's got an APB out," Stiles informed us.

"For a 5'8" 16-year-old?" Kira asked.

"I recommended a nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf," Stiles replied sarcastically.

"It still might not be him," Liam said and we just gave him a sympathetic look. Mason was his best friend so I'm sure this is hard for him. "But, Hayden's at the school looking."

"We can keep checking the woods," Malia said, motioning to Isaac and me. The two of us quickly agreed.

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county," Scott said, walking into the kitchen. We all turned to look at him. "We can find him."

"What happens then?" Liam asked.

"We figure out a way to save him," Scott confirmed what we were all thinking he'd say.

"Okay. Where else could we look?" Lydia asked.

"Let's ask Corey," Scott said and reached behind him, pulling the chimera out of his camouflage. 

"Wait. Wait. It's not my fault." Corey pleaded. "They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him-"

"Who?" Scott asked, cutting him off.

"The Dread Doctors." Corey said.

~

"Still nothing from Scott, Issac and Liam." Stiles said walking back into Noah's office. Lydia had joined us at the Sherrif's Department.

"Are we really sure this is a good idea?" Lydia asked.

"Uh, no. No one thinks this is a good idea." Stiles responded.

"But you're trusting Theo, anyway?" Noah asked.

"We're not trusting him. We're using him." Stiles pointed out.

"What if he's using us?" Lydia asked.

"That's probably a given." I added.

"But, look, we're just trying to cover every place Mason could show up." Stiles said.

"Malia and Braeden are at Scott's house." I said.

"Melissa's got the hospital." Noah informed us.

"Hayden and Corey are at the school." Lydia added.

"Somebody's got to find him." Noah sighed out.

"Let's hope they find Mason, and not the Beast." Lydia said.

~

It had been hours with no word from Scott, Liam, or Issac. I was hoping their search for Mason was going okay. Malia and Braden where locked in Scott's place with a Mountain Ash barrier to keep her mother out. She wasn't too happy about it. Lydia was currently on the phone with her. Melissa was on the phone with Noah, giving updates to anyone who came in that might've been Mason. No luck yet.

"Anything on your end?" Lydia asked Malia.

"Not a thing. And I'm gonna lose my mind if I don't get out of this supernatural cage." Malia responded in frustration.

"The Mountain Ash is there to keep you safe." I reminded her.

"I should be keeping Stiles safe." Malia said.

"What am I, chopped liver?" I asked her. Stiles just then walked directly into the wall. I shook my head at him.

"He'll be fine." Lydia stated, rolling her eyes at him. "Call me if anything changes." Then hung up the phone.

"She knows the point of staying in the Sheriff's office is to keep Stiles safe from her crazy ass mother, right?" I asked Lydia who just sighed.

"Hey, Mac?" Lydia asked. I looked over at her in question. "You doing okay?"

"Yeah?" I said, confused.

"Stiles told me about what happened the night Theo attacked me." Lydia said. I plopped down in a nearby chair with a sigh.

"Yeah that was not a fun experience." I said with a humorless chuckle. "What about you? How are you doing Post-Eichen?"

"A lot better now that I'm not there." Lydia said with a sigh.

"I remember when I thought my most traumatic experience was gonna be my mother." I muttered.

"And when I thought mine was making sure my makeup didn't smear after making out with Jackson." She added. We looked at each other and both laughed. Oh, how crazy our lives had gotten.

~

The sun has set and the three of us were still hanging at the Sheriff's office. Lydia and I walked into Noah's office to see Stiles knocked out on the couch. Lydia poked on the forehead, making him jump up.

"Hmm? What? What happened? Who's dead?" Stiles asked quickly, whipping his head around to look at the two of us.

"No one." Lydia said, rolling her eyes and sitting down.

"Well, at least not yet." I added and sat of the other side of Stiles. Lydia pulled out her phone to see if anyone has sent any updates. Stiles and I both looked at ours too. Unfortunately none of us have anything. Stiles let out a big sigh, stuffing his phone back in his pocket.

"You okay?" Lydia asked him.

"Yeah, I'm still thinking. Still trying to figure out why Mason? I mean, he wasn't even on the Genetic Chimera list." Stiles said.

"He is now." Melissa said walking in the room with a phone in her hand. She went over and placed it on the desk. We walked over to look at the file. "Mason was born with twin embolization syndrome." Twin what?

"You mean fetal resorption?" Lydia asked. Fetal what?

"Mmm-hmm." Melissa agreed. Stiles looked at me confused and I shrugged. I was just as confused as he was.

"He had a vanishing twin in utero?" Lydia asked in disbelief.

"Which accounts for two sets of DNA." Melissa confirmed.

"Can someone please say it with words that have less than three syllables?" Stiles asked.

"He ate his twin." Melissa explained.

"Oh, God." Stiles whispered.

"But did it help?" Lydia asked.

"I don't know. But it's just bizarre enough to sound like it might be important, right?" Melissa said.

"It has to help. There has to be something." Lydia responded. Melissa flipped a page in the file that showed an ultrasound. It was Mason's ultrasound with one baby 10 times smaller than another. They looked sorta fused together. This has to be something.

——————————————

One more chapter until the end of the season!

1339 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 16.4K 59
in which it was first all a bet to him or in which she learns vulnerability
1M 22.9K 32
-WINNER OF BEST KLAUS MIKAELSON FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) & BEST FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) IN THE TVD FAN-FICTION AWARDS 2016 -WINNER OF BEST COMPLETED F...
1.2M 30.3K 45
'"Okay..." I trailed off awkwardly, shoving my hands in my pockets. He groaned in frustration and I shot him a look. "What are you uhhh-ing about?" I...
505K 10.2K 34
Aria Kane. Amity born. Now Dauntless. Talk about a U turn! But Aria always knew Amity wasn't for her. Now she must face the wrath if Dauntless traini...