Day after day | Jaeyong

By V4MPYUTA

After losing his parents in a plane crash, Taeyong is left to take care of his little brother all by himself... More

prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 2

105 5 0
By V4MPYUTA

"Sungchan what's wrong?" Taeyong asks as he watches his brother stares at his book with a small pout.

"Mark said that deer no be his favorite because he no see one." Aeri says as she shakes her head softly.

"It true!" Mark shouts and is met with a fist to the head.

"Idiot, that means that lions can't be your favorite animal because you've never seen one." Jaehyun says as and Mark pouts as he rubs his head.

"Shut up Jaehyun! You hate me!" Mark says as he turns around with his arms crossed.

"Where did you get that from? I don't particularly like or dislike you." He says making both Taeyong and Mark gasp as tears fill up in the toddlers eyes as he burst into tears and runs to Johnny.

"Jaehyun! Why would you say that!?" Taeyong whisper shouts as he gives the younger a glare.

"What? Brothers relationships go farther that like or dislike." He says and Taeyong sighs.

"I don't think he would be able to comprehend that." Taeyong says as he shakes his head.

"Why should I care? Anyways, I'm going to class, see you later!" Jaehyun says as he gives the older a wave before walking out.

Taeyong sighs and shakes his head again as he turns back to his little brother and picks him up. "How about we go to the zoo this weekend? I've got enough saved up for the two of us I think." He says with a small smile as Sungchan looks up at him with sparkles in his eyes as he nods.

"Taeyong, I want to go to the zoo too! I want to see pudu." Donghyuck says as he tugs on Taeyongs pant leg and the rest of the kids nod in agreement.

"Oh- b-but you guys should really spend your weekends with your parents."

"Now now Taeyong, just because he's your brother doesn't mean you get to pick favorites." Johnny says as he shakes his head and walks over to Taeyong.

"Kids how would you like it if Taeyong took you to the zoo!" Johnny says as he wraps his arm around Taeyong's shoulder and the kids cheer as his eyes go wide.

"A school trip you say?" Ms. Kim says as they all sit in the dinning room table.

"Yes, all the parents will be attending." Taeyong says as he continues to eat his food.

"Very well then." She says and leaves them in a comfortable silence.

"Also, Johnny wants to know if he can get paid for working over time."

"Are you serious?! That selfish- no! I will not be paying him overtime." She said with a scoff as she stabs her chicken with a fork and Taeyong nods with a gulp.

"I know you want to ask me another question, so go ahead and ask it." She says, never looking up at the boys.

"Well I just wanted to ask, if you would like to come with us?" He says with a bright smile and she slams her her hand on the table.

"You think that was an invitation from me for you to invite me!? Nonsense! I wouldn't be caught dead in a place like that!" She shouts and Taeyong's head drops.

"I see..."

The next morning

"Here, this is from Ms. Kim." Baekhyun says as he gives Taeyong a large basket full of food making his eyes widen.

"And this. She said she wants a full report on what you've spent." He says as he hands Taeyong an envelope full of money.

"Oh, uh.. Thank you! Tell her I'll spend it wisely." He says as he takes the envelope and places it in his pocket.

"Sungchan?" He calls as he looks around but chuckles once he finds him already standing in front of the door.

"You ready?" He asks and and Sungchan nods with a small hum as they open the door and head out only to find Jaehyun already waiting for them.

"Oh? I thought we were gonna meet at the school?"

"Yeah but I wanted to walk with you." Jaehyun says with a small smile.

"Hey Sungchan!" He greets and kneels down to give him a high five as the toddler just looks at him before waddling foreword and slapping his hand softly on Jaehyun's making his brother smile.

"Where's Mark?"

"My mom's gonna meet us there with him since he's still mad at me." He says as the three start their walk to the school with Sungchan in the middle, holding Taeyong's hand.

"You still haven't apologized?"

"No, I don't need to. He's a brat that always gets his way." He says with a huff and Taeyong just pouts.

"Stop pouting or I'll have to kiss you." Jaehyun says making Taeyong flush red.

"Will you stop!" Taeyong says as he looks away, trying to hide the obvious blush on his face.

"Bad Jaehyun." Sungchan says as he stops in his tracks and punches Jaehyun in the leg, giving him his best glare that came off more as adorable then scary.

"I'll show you a bad Jaehyun." He says as he scoops the toddler up and holds him in the air as he starts running making the toddler scream as Taeyong runs after them panicked, but his expression softens as he sees the toddler laughing.

"Bad Jaehyun bad!" Sungchan shouts as Jaehyun stops and throws him in the air making him laugh and scream as he catches him and continues to run as both Sungchan and Jaehyun's laugh ring through Taeyong's ears making him smile as he tries to keep up.

"Bad Jaehyun?" Jaehyun asks as he stops to catch his breath and Sungchan shakes his head.

"No bad Jaehyun. Fun Jaehyun." Sungchan says as he lays his head on Jaehyun's chest, exhausted from all the screaming and laughing as Jaehyun's smile goes wide as he pats the toddler's hair.

"H-how, do you... run for, so long?" Taeyong says as he finally catches up with them and places his hands on his knees as he tries to catch his breath making Jaehyun laugh.

"I'm on the baseball team, remember?" He says as Sungchan makes grabby hands towards his brother who takes him with a small smile.

"Looks like we already made it to the school." Jaehyun says as he looks up and the three of them walk onto the campus to wait for the rest of the parents to come.

"Hey Johnny! Sorry I couldn't convince Mrs. Kim to pay you for this." Taeyong says and Johnny shakes his head.

"No worries! I brought a camera to sell pictures of the kids to the parents that couldn't come." Johnny says with a smirk as he raises the camera and both Taeyong and Jaehyun roll their eyes.

"Good afternoon boys!" They hear as they turn around to see Mrs. Son as she walks in with Aeri holding her hand, followed by Mr. Ji and the twins.

"Great! Now we're only waiting for Mr. Zhang and Mrs. Jung." Taeyong says and soon after the male in question walks through the school gates with Yizhou in hand.

"Sorry I'm a little late! But I guess we're still waiting on someone else." He says and Taeyong nods.

Soon after Mrs. Jung walks in with Mark holding her hand and he huffs and turns away as he looks at Jaehyun but all Taeyong could do was gape at how gorgeous Jaehyun's mother was.

'Now I know that visuals run in the family.'

"Sorry I'm late!" She says as she pushes up her specs and walks towards the group.

"Oh! I don't think we've formally met! You're Taeyong right?" Mrs. Jung asks and Taeyong nods.

"My my! I've heard a lot about you from Jaehyun! You're just as pretty, or actually more then he says you are!" She says and Jaehyun flushes red and glares at his mom as they have a silent argument as a small smile spreads across Taeyong's face and a light blush settles on his cheeks.

"Anyways! I'm Jung Nayeon. Jaehyun and Mark's mom. It was so nice to meet you but something came up so I must get going! Jaehyun, Mark, behave." She says and they both look away from her with a nod and she rolls her eyes before saying her goodbyes and heading out.

"Now everyone stick together!" Taeyong says as they walk through the gates of the zoo and the kids eyes sparkle with wonder.

"Monkey's let's go see the Monkey's!" Donghyuck shouts and runs to the enclosure with the other kids trailing behind him.

They went to a few enclosures close by, like the flamingos and birds. But now it was time for the one Sungchan had been waiting for.

The deers.

"You like it Sungchan?" Taeyong asks and Sungchan's eyes sparkle as he watches the animals run around.

"He kinda looks like one, doesn't he?" Jaehyun comments and Taeyong looks at his younger brother before bursting out laughing.

"Oh my god, he does."

"Come on bambi, let's go to the next animal." Taeyong jokes as they head over to the next exhibit.

"Finally! Lions!" Mark shouts as he grabs Johnny's hand and runs into the enclosure.

The five toddlers run into the den and freeze as they're met face to face with a lion who decides to roar directly in their faces. They all scramble to their parents and Mark almost runs to Jaehyun but remembers he's still mad at him and runs to Johnny instead as Sungchan stands there, not moving away from the lion.

"Doesn't scare you huh?" Taeyong asks but starts bursting out laughing at Sungchan's horrified face as he stares at the lion.

"There there, you're okay." Taeyong says as he lifts Sungchan up and gives him a kiss on the forehead as the toddler hides his face into his brother's chest and Jaehyun rubs his back soothingly.

"Hey, don't they look like a little family?" Kun says as he nudges Johnny and points to their direction and they both give each other knowing looks as Johnny holds up his camera before snapping a photo of the three.

"We'll use this to tease them in the future." Johnny says and the parents giggle as they continue to stare at the three.

"Come on love birds, lunch time!"

Taeyong grabs the basket of food from the locker and as he grabs the bag he notices Jaehyun staring at Mark who was playing with the other kids.

"You need to apologize." Taeyong says and Jaehyun sighs.

"I know, I just don't want to give into him either." He says and Taeyong places a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's eat, we can talk about it more after." He says and the taller nods as they walk to the picnic table and ate before getting up and walking to the gift shop.

"Get ready, this is the real challenge." Mina whispers to the other parents as the kids gape at all the stuffed animals on the shelves and run to their parents begging them to buy them something.

"Sungchan, do you want to buy something for Mrs. Kim?" Taeyong asks and Sungchan nods as he points to an owl stuffed animal and Taeyong nods as he grabs it, but not without taking a deer stuffed animal as well. He feels Sungchan pull on his pant leg.

"Baekie." He says as he points at a puppy stuffed animal.

"Okay, we'll get this one for Baekhyun. " He says with a chuckle as something catches his eye.

"Cute." He whispers to himself as he looks at a wolf stuffed animal and pets it softly before turning back to Sungchan, not noticing that someone was watching.

"Hey Johnny, I'm gonna go buy these real quick, I'll be back." Taeyong says as he walks into the gift shop and heads to the cashier.

"Johnny I'm going to the bathroom, watch Mark for me." Jaehyun says and Johnny nods as he looks at the stuffed animals Mark was looking at as Jaehyun walked away.

"Don't you want to get one? Maybe give it to Jaehyun." Johnny says and Mark huffs.

"That big jerk doesn't get nothing from me!" He shouts as he crosses his arms and turns away as Johnny shrugs.

"You two need to make up, even if Jaehyun doesn't show it he wants to hang out with you too." Johnny says and Mark starts to think.

"Brothers need to stick together- Mark?" Johnny starts but immediately starts to panic as he looks around for the little boy, who was no where to be seen.

"Johnny- where's Mark?" Taeyong asks as Johnny starts to frantically look around for the boy.

"MARK!"

"Jaehyun wait! I sorry!" Mark shouts as he chases after the man and stops in his tracks when he notices it's not his older brother.

"Jaehyun?" He calls.

'The zoo is now closing, please leave through the front entrance. Thank you and we hope you enjoyed your day, come again!'

Mark's eyes start to fill with tears as he looks around frantically.

"Jaehyun?!"

"MARK!" Jaehyun shouts as he runs around the zoo frantically.

"It's all my fault, I should have apologized. We wouldn't be in this mess if I wasn't such a big asshole." Jaehyun says and Taeyong pulls him back and frowns as he sees the tears pooling in Jaehyun's eyes.

"Jaehyun it's not your fault. We'll find him okay?" Taeyong says as he wipes the males tears with his thumbs as he cups his face and Jaehyun nods.

"Let's keep looking."

"Jaehyun please! Me scared!" Mark cries as he looks around.

"Mark!" He hears and turns around frantically and sees Jaehyun running towards him.

"Jaehyun!" He shouts as he opens his arms out and Jaehyun scoops him up and wraps his arms around him as Mark wraps his arms around his neck.

"You idiot! Why did you run off! Don't scare me like that!" Jaehyun shouts as a tear rolls down his face as everyone catches up to them, relieved that they had finally found the boy.

"I'm sorry Jae! I no do it no more." Mark says as he pulls away and looks into Jaehyun's eyes.

"No, I'm sorry Mark. I love you, okay?" He says and Mark starts to wail as he wraps his arms around Jaehyun's neck once again.

"Today was an eventful day." Taeyong says as the two walk home, giving their brothers piggy back rides as they slowly fall asleep.

"Exhausting is more like it." Jaehyun says with a chuckle and feels the toddler start to shuffle on his back.

"Stupid big brother... I love you too..." He says as he shoves his face into the back of Jaehyun's neck making Taeyong coo.

"See? It's not all bad."

"Shut up, your brother is just way too in love with you." He says and Taeyong shrugs as he continues to walk home.

"Hey, I got you this." Jaehyun says as he hands Taeyong the wolf stuffed animal he was looking at earlier and he gasps.

"Jae! You shouldn't have!" He says as he admires the stuffed animal that the younger had given him.

"Jae?" He asks and a light blush creeps on Taeyong's cheeks.

"I-I heard Mark call you that, and I thought it was cute." He says making Jaehyun chuckle.

"I don't have to call you that if you don't want me too-"

"No it's fine, it's cute." He says while giving Taeyong a bright smile.

"Well I better get going, see you monday!" Jaehyun says and Taeyong gives him one last wave before he walks into his house.

"How was the zoo?"

"It was good, we got you something." Taeyong says as he nudges Sungchan and the younger climbs down from his back and goes into the bag Taeyong was holding.

"Here. For Baekie." Sungchan says with a yawn as he hands Baekhyun the stuffed puppy. He stares at it for as second before pulling out a handkerchief and places it against his eyes.

"Um... what are you doing?"

"My apologies, this sudden action of affection has moved me." He says and Taeyong chuckles.

"You weird." Sungchan says as he waddles over to the couch and hops on it before laying down and closing his eyes.

"Here, this is for Ms. Kim." Taeyong says as he hands Baekhyun the plushie and goes to take a seat next to Sungchan as he stares at the wolf stuffed animal in his lap.

"Did you buy that for yourself?" Baekhyun asks and Taeyong shakes his head.

"It was a gift." He says, not looking up from the toy as he pets it softly and Baekhyun gives him a knowing smile as he walks out of the room and into Ms. Kim's office.

"They got you this." Baekhyun says and Ms. Kim takes it as she tries her hardest not to smile.

"Also, I have reason to believe that Taeyong is growing feelings for someone." Baekhyun says with a small smile as Ms. Kim shrugs.

"As long as it's not getting in the way of his studies I don't care." She says as she places the owl plushie on her desk, fighting herself to not ask any further questions.

"Very well." He says as he walks out of the room.

"I hope who ever this person is will treat him right." She says as she looks at the stuffed animal on her desk.

"God, they make it so hard not to get attached to him."

🗓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 19.2K 198
simple instagram story about Jungkook, with some DM ans Snapchat convos TRIGGER WARNING; involves depression content PART 2 IS IN MY PROFILE FEEL FRE...
69.5K 3K 41
The time for change has come, and the human race is being threatened. The only way to stop the vampires is for the equally powerful werewolves to ste...
119K 4.7K 33
Jaehyun's bestfriend Johnny never shuts up about how cute his younger brother is, one day Jaehyun finally meets the boy and takes a liking to him imm...
16.1K 122 17
Just.. ehm.. teasing? And maybe some romance? ... English is not my first language, so, sorry?