Journey: Harry Potter

By Buckpowe12

"Who the bloody hell are you?!" "The gingerbread man!" "Oh we're screwed" ... More

Cast
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.

27.

523 40 2
By Buckpowe12

Mya walked down the stairs, her slip on vans waiting at the bottom on the designated rack her father had to make sure dirt didn't get in the house. He was a neat freak, it was a part of the charm of being a Military family. And while Mya's appearance may not always be tidy, her room always was. Her bed made perfectly every day. 

Slipping on her shoes, she wrapped her hair up into a ponytail to keep it out of her face.

"Honey is that you?" Sophia walked out of the office, her reading glasses on her face. "Where are you going?"

"Just across the street to Lea's," She jumped a bit as she put on her shoes. "I wanted to check on her. She wasn't in class on Friday, again."

"She needs to be more careful," Sophia shook her head. "Her mother's been calling me, she's worried about what Lea is going through. But, of course, Lea's not telling her anything."

"So her mother knows," Mya hummed. "Well, this is getting out of hand. She's obsessing now to a very unhealthy point."

"Just be kind when you talk to her," Sophia gave her daughter a look. 

"I will," Mya smiled as she pulled open the front door. "I'll be back by eleven."

Mya walked out of her house and to the sideway on her street. Looking both ways to make sure no cars were coming, she crossed over to the yellow painted house. 

They didn't live on the base of the army, but it was close. Which meant a lot of the high ranking officers lived in this neighborhood. Many of whom were enjoying their Sunday off, she could even smell a barbeque that was probably happening at the Winston's house down the street.

Her knuckles tapped on the front door before she took a step back, waiting for someone to answer it.

The door was pulled open as Mya smiled down at the little boy with bright blonde hair. "Hi, Tanner. I thought your mom said not to open the door anymore."

"I looked through the window first," Tanner defended himself. "I saw it was you. Mommy said it was okay if it was you."

"Tanner, who are you talking to?" Lea's mother, Kim, walked over to the door, smiling upon seeing Mya. "Hi darling, what brings you over?"

"I wanted to check in on Lea," Mya told her. "See if I can get her out of the house, maybe take her to the movies."

"I would very much appreciate that," Kim let her in. When Mya walked inside, she shut the door. "She just stays trapped in there most the time, in her room. Doesn't even come down to eat dinner with us anymore."

"Yeah, I heard," Mya felt guilty she could not tell her why her daughter was acting so out of her normal behavior. 

"Mya, do you want to see my new toys!" Tanner jumped up and down. 

"Maybe after I talk to your sister," Mya giggled at the excited little boy. 

Mya walked over to the stairs before walking up them. Making her way down the hall, she passed the other bedrooms, and the bathroom, before reaching the last door at the end of the hall.

Knocking on it she waited a minute, and when she got no response, she tried to open the door but it was locked. "Lea, it's me, open up."

She heard some shuffling before the door was cracked open a bit. Lea pocked her head out. She had dark circles under her eyes and her hair looked messy and untamed. "What?"

"What?" Mya scoffed. "Don't give me attitude. Let me in loser."

Lea rolled her eyes before opening the door up more, allowing Mya in.

"Wow, you've..." Mya's eyes scanned the room. "Redecorated."

On the wall that used to hold posters of famous people, was what now looked like a true crime wall. But this one was converted with different things and information containing to Harry Potter, with strings connecting to different things. Her bed was messy and there were wrappers of food on it. A pile of clothing told her that Lea hadn't been doing laundry for a while. And on her desk sat Lea's laptop were sticky notes all around it, the screen looked to have some sort of fan website pulled up.

"Missed you at tryouts," Mya told her.

"I-I was busy," Lea tried to brush her hair out with her fingers. 

"I can see that," Mya pushed one of the wrappers away before sitting on the bed. "Care to explain with what?"

"I'm so close," Lea looked like one of those conspiracy theory people. 

"To what?" Mya asked.

"To getting us back," Lea looked at the wall, studying it. "I think I've figured it out. It's taken me months, but I've been studying patterns and things."

"Wait, wait, wait a minute," Mya waved her hand. "You mean back, back? Back to Harry Potter land?"

"Yeah," Lea smiled turning around. "I would have told you sooner, but I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Lea," Mya looked at her like she was crazy. "This is insane. We're here now. We have no magic here. Dumbledore is the only one who can even do that type of magic."

"No, he's not," Mya's face dropped, her jaw clenching. "We can do it ourselves, I know we can."

"Why do you even want to go back," Mya stood up. "Your family is here. Our friends are here. Our lives are here. We saved Sirius. We may have not done everything we wanted to do, but we saved him."

"We didn't do enough," Lea snaped. "We could have done more, but we didn't. We have to go back there Mya. Screw this world, everything here is a lie! Stop playing pretend."

"I'm not playing pretend," Mya was starting to get annoyed. "I'm trying to live my life and not obsess with one another one we can not live. Lea this is unhealthy."

"You don't understand," Lea turned back to look at the wall.

Mya sighed as she walked over to her, "Then explain it to me. Please, Lea, everyone is worried about you. You're not acting like yourself anymore."

"Well maybe I've changed," Lea whispered. "I just... I need to get back there."

"Explain it to me, please," Mya said. "If anyone can understand, it's me."

Lea looked over at her, tears prickling in her eyes. "H-He's all alone there. You know what they are going to do to him... he needs someone there, with him, helping. I-I need to be there with him so he knows he doesn't have to do it."

"Is this... are you talking about Draco?" Mya raised a brow. "Lea, he'll be fine. Yeah, this year will give him trauma, but he still ends up alive in the end."

"But he doesn't have to be alone," Lea sniffled. "I can help him. I need to help him."

"Lea," Mya placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's going to be okay. I-I'll help you."

"You will?" Lea's face lit up a bit as she wiped under her eyes.

"Yeah," Mya smiled back. "Well, after you shower because you kinda stink."

Lea let out a little laugh. "Yeah."

"So go take a shower, I'll look over all this stuff," Mya looked back at the wall, she didn't even know where to start with any of this. 

Lea walked out of her bedroom and down the hall to take a shower.

Mya felt kinda guilty because even though she said she would help, she knew they would not succeed in any of this. Once again, they didn't have magic here. Sirius couldn't even transform into a dog while he was here. 

There was no way back, everyone knew that but Lea.

So, Mya busied herself with cleaning up the room while Lea was showering. It wasn't in her nature to allow a room to be so messy. Lea's either, they were raised the same. And she was pretty sure there was mold on one of the old plates under the bed. 

Lea walked back into the room as Mya finished making the bed, she had even lit a candle and opened the window to try and elevate the smell. 

Lea was now in a pair of jeans and a long green shirt. She was drying her hair with a towel and furrowed her brows. "Whatcha doing?"

"Your room was a mess and it bothered me," Mya shrugged. "Did you enjoy your shower?"

"Yeah, felt nice," Lea placed the towel in her hamper. "So, did you look over everything?"

"Um..." Mya trailed off. "Well, I remember most of those spells on the wall."

"Thats it?" Lea pointed at the wall. "I got a year's worth of research on there."

"Yes, well, your room stunk and I couldn't concentrate with that," Mya rolled her eyes. "So, just walk me through it."

The two girls walked over to the wall as Lea pointed at the paper in the center. "This is the day we left here. I found out at the same time that there was a hurricane that came off the coast of Texas."

"Yeah, but we're not in Texas," Mya reminded her.

"Thats not all," Lea pointed at another paper. "There were massive tornadoes in Oklahoma. And even in Arizona, it was snowing in September of all months. It's normally in the 90's there that month."

"Okay, so, freak natural disasters," Mya nodded her head. "What does that mean for us?"

"Here, come look at this," Lea walked over to the laptop, Mya following after her as she pulled up a new tab. "Look, tonight's supposed to hit with those same exact things."

"Tonight," Mya's eyes widened. "Y-you want us to leave tonight?"

"It's our moment, Mya," Lea told her. "If Dumbledore can get to us, like I think he's going to try and do, then tonight is our only opportunity."

"Lea..." Mya was at a loss for words. 

"Mya, I know we can do this," Lea gave her a look of determination. "We can get back, we can still save people. I know we can. We just have to be in the right spot at the right moment."

"When? Where?" Mya asked. "Lea we don't even-"

"Your house, in..." Lea looked at her clock. "In ten minutes. Shit, we need to go soon."

"Lea," Mya tried to get her to stop as she watched her friend run over to put on her shoes. "Lea, stop."

"What?" Lea snapped her head over to her. "What Mya? We need to get going, we don't have time for this."

"Lea, just take a moment, please," Mya pleaded. "Are you prepared to give up everything again, your life, your family? Your moms down there worried sick about you."

"She's not my mom," Lea huffed as she laced up her shoes. 

"She's the woman who raised you," Mya didn't even know who Lea was anymore. "She loves you."

"Yeah, well," Lea stood up. "I can't think about that. I need to get us back."

"Lea," Mya shook her head. "I don't-"

"Think about Fred," Lea told her.

"Thats low," Mya gave her a dirty look. "You don't know how incredibly guilty I feel about leaving him behind."

"But you don't have to," Lea smiled. "Thats the beauty of it. We get to go back, we can save him."

"He's better without me," Mya shook her head. 

"He's not," Lea told her. "He loves you Mya, we all knew that but you. Don't you want a chance at happiness with him?"

"You know I do," Mya whispered in a low voice. "But I can't."

"You can," Lea placed a hand on her shoulder. "We can go back. You can be with him again. You just have to trust me."

And against all better judgment she had, Mya said. "Yes."

Lea grinned. "Great, let's go. We don't have much time left."

Lea took Mya's arm as she pulled her out of the room, the two girls hurrying down the stairs. Walking over to the door.

"Hey, where are you going missy?" They turned around to see Kim standing there, with her arms crossed over her chest. 

"Um, just over to Mya's to watch a movie," Lea pointed a thumb over her shoulder.

"Okay, be back by midnight," Kim had a smile on her face. And they both knew it was only because she thought Lea was now getting out of her room and hanging out with her friends again.

"Y-Yeah," Lea smiled back. "Bye, mom."

They left the house without saying anything more, running across the street as they heard music coming from the barbeque Mya smelt earlier. 

Making their way inside, they ran over to the living room. Sirius was sprawled out on the couch, a bag of chips laying on his stomach.

Mya ran over to him, snatching the remote out of his hand.

"Hey," Sirius pouted. "I was watching the Great British Bake Off."

"Yeah, well, get ready to watch Harry Potter," Mya started to flip to her DVD player while Lea searched through the piles to find the right one.

"What?" Sirius stood up quickly, the chips falling all over the floor. "You said I wasn't allowed to watch those."

"Yeah, well, Lea has a crazy theory and we need to see if it stick," Mya told him.

"Here it is!" Lea pulled the DVD out of the box before shoving it into the player.

The screen turned on, and instead of the opening scenes, they were graced with that of Harry walking into the great hall with blood trickling down his shirt.

"Okay now I understand why you said I couldn't watch these," Sirius's eyes widened. "Thats fucking weird. Harry's in the telly."

"Yeah, well, it's about to get even weirder," Lea took a step back.

They started to flash colors as Mya and Lea held hands together. They didn't scream or get scared this time when it started to happen, when they felt the wind rushing around them. 

They let it happen, and got sucked back into the world they both loved so much. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 9.7K 121
What if in the fall of 1991 another student had been sorted into Gryffindor? What if that student had immediately become best friends with Harry, Ron...
153 9 7
Hermione was born with abilities inherited from an ancient bloodline, or two. Her eleventh birthday passes without the owl meant to deliver her Hogwa...
228K 4.9K 70
𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃...
51.9K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...