45.

Mya couldn't help it, the way her eyes shifted over her naked body. Her hands running against her once clean stomach; images of how hard he had to dug into her skin to accomplish these three long scars made her sick. Her shoulders used to have little freckles on them from her days out in the sun, now they were barely noticeable. 

Her hand reached up to the one on her neck, feeling the thin line. It only went halfway up on her left side, but it made her feel oddly self-conscious. Something she would have never considered herself before with her large ego to believe only her opinion mattered about what her body looked like. 

The others could be covered up with clothing, this one could not. It was the target Remus had been warning her about all along. There was no hiding this target from public viewing.

Knocking on the door brought her out of her trace. "Mya, we have to leave for Saint Mungos in ten minutes."

"Alright, be right out mom," Mya pushed the hair back out of her face.

This wasn't the time to be worrying about what her body looked like. She needed to be preparing for her appointment. There was a very real probability that she would be back at Hogwarts by the end of the week. And thats where she needed to be, after all, helping and actually accomplishing something was the reason she was here in the first place.

She threw on a pair of loose jeans and a fluffy red sweater. Her scars may have been healed, but they were still very itchy. She'd need to ask for some kind of cream for that. 

"You ready?" Sophia asked when Mya came bouncing into the living room, trying to put her shoes on and walk at the same time.

"Yeah," Mya huffed, straightening out. "How are we getting there?"

"Floo network," Sophia picked up a small bag from on top of the fireplace. "I assume you know how to do this now."

"I'm actually great at apparating," Mya told her.

"Honey, I love you, but I was frightened to let you drive the car with your learner's permit," Sophia took a pinch of the powder into her hand. "I'll wait till you pass your apparition test before I travel with you that way."

"Yeah that's pretty fair," Mya nodded her head. 

***

There was a point in most people's lives, some might say it's when you are standing right on the ledge of a very large cliff. Your body half leaned over, and yet somehow, you are still trying to hold onto the land. To try and stay up and not tumble down to the ground. 

Your mind starts to play tricks on you, tests you on what you truly do remember about things. About your own life. While your brain is constantly running through scenarios, telling you how dangerous it is to even be at the point in your life where you're on this cliff; your heart is telling you to jump. To trust the air around you will be different than what you learned in science class. That it will catch you, hold you close, and make sure you make it safely down to the bottomless pit.