17.

Mya was not her usual talkative happy self when they departed Grimmauld place for the start of the second term. It was much like when she arrived at the start of the holiday, internally freaking out to the point that she felt like she was going to be sick.

She didn't know what happened to Lea that night, other than the fact she snuck in very late that night with a smile on her rosy cheeks. No way Mya was going to tell her about what she believed was going on, because Lea had dealt with enough of her freakouts as it was, she didn't need to hear about this one.

Or maybe she did... Mya couldn't decide yet if she was going to tell her or not. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe it was just a weird coincidence that Remus's old girlfriend has the same name as her mom...

They waited outside of Dumbledore's office in the small room filled with lots of trinkets. Normally, Mya would be exploring just what was in this room, but she could not even bring herself to do that.

The door to his office opened up as Snape's eyes swept across the two girls.

"Miss Halliwell your last essay for my class was quite dismal," Snape's beady black eyes peered down at her. "I expect you to perform better or risk of failing the class altogether."

"Yes sir," Mya mumbled.

Snape took three long strides before he opened the second door and left.

Lea furrowed her brows, looking over at Mya. "Are you alright?"

"What?"

"Are you alright?" Lea asked again. "You just took Snape's crap and didn't even give him a sarcastic comment back. Thats not like you."

"I'm fine," Mya walked into Dumbledore's office, Lea following after her.

"Mya, Lea, what brings me the honor of seeing you two," Dumbledore took a seat behind his desk, gesturing to seats on the other side.

Mya took the left one and Lea took the right. Lea cast Mya another glance, expecting her to talk first as always, but when she didn't, Lea turned back to look at Dumbledore who was already looking at her. "Um, we were just wondering when- if you might know when we were going home..."

"Ah, yes, I was expecting you to ask that," Dumbledore said. "Being away from your family for so long, not knowing when you will return, takes a toll out on a person."

"Yeah it does," Lea sighed. "We love it here, don't get us wrong but I'm afraid of what my mother might be going through, and we miss our friends back home."

"It's perfectly normal," Dumbledore assured her. "I'm afraid to say though, I do not know when you are going back."

"What?" Mya finally spoke up. "What do you mean you don't know, you brought us here."

"I did," Dumbledore kept his normal calm demeanor. "The magic I used to pull you over is very hard and difficult magic that can only be performed in a place where powerful magic has been performed."