ᴇᴘʜᴇᴍᴇʀᴀʟ | Harry Potter X Re...

By padfootsQuill

After Y/N Black's mother was murdered along with the Potter's and her father was wrongfully sent to Azkaban... More

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ
00- 𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔢
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔡 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-ʏᴜʟᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇꜱꜱ-
- 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯 -
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯-
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

46

13.4K 482 1.2K
By padfootsQuill

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

"Frederick Gideon Weasley," Y/N said slowly, taking a step towards him.

Fred raised an eyebrow and snorted. "Am I supposed to be scared? I could pick you up and throw you." He grinned.

Though profusely panicked at the photo Fred held in his hand, Harry was unable to suppress a small laugh, resulting in a glare from Y/N.

"Interesting photo isn't it Freddie?" George said before Y/N could get a single word out.

"Very" Fred said grinning widely, "Who knew our innocent little Y/N knew how to snog—"

Y/N cleared her throat loudly, cutting him off.

Hermione raised an eyebrow.

"Touchy subject?" George asked, walking over behind Harry, "so silent scar boy? Y/N isn't the only one-"

"What photo?" Hermione asked, standing up in an attempt to see. Fred pulled the photo closer to him, blocking her view.

"Now now Granger, no peeking" Fred said, "this is for our eyes only— oh and Y/N, these are for you" he added, tossing a small pouch of mini chocolates with a small note.

Don't hate me, it was Sirius' idea, he hid my collection of chocolates and refuses to give it back until I send this, sorry but I can't function without them.

love you lots!

-Remus

Y/N rolled her eyes at the letter, this was pure betrayal.

"Look Fred. just give me the photo so we can be done with thi—"

"Bloody hell stop it!" Ron said, standing up, (very annoyed) and yanked the photo out of his hands.

Fred stood, flabbergasted.

"Ron-" George said, he and Fred not intending to actually show anyone.

"Thank you!" Y/N said, quickly pulling it and tossing it into the common room fire.

"OI! i didn't get to see it!" Ron huffed. Hermione stayed silent, she'd simply ask Y/N about it later.

Y/N smirked at Fred and George who didn't have an ounce of disappointment on their faces.

"I've got 5 stacks safely secured in the castle, don't bother looking, they're well hidden" George grinned as he and Fred walked off, very satisfied at the look of mild panic on Harry and Y/N's face.

"Care to explain?" Ron tried, Y/N chucked a chocolate at him, this being her way of shutting him up.

It worked.

"We should be going now, we hardly get Hogsmeade visits" Y/N said as she stood up. Hermione looked very concerned as she watched Harry also stand up.

"What?" Harry asked, confused at the look on her face.

"I just thought you'd want to take advantage of the common room being quiet," she said. "Really get to work on that egg."

"Oh I — I reckon I've got a pretty good idea what it's about now," Harry said. Y/N raised an eyebrow, knowing that he had no clue about the egg.

"Have you really?" said Hermione, looking very impressed. "Well done!" she smiled and put on her coat.

The four of them walked out of the common room together, Y/N and Harry shared a short glance before walking out, a silent agreement to ignore the photo situation.

Y/N could still see the slight fading blush that lingered on Harry's cheeks from the photo being simply mentioned, it was amusing to her how easily he'd get flustered. It was rather cute actually. Not that she'd ever admit it.

The four of them walked out of the castle and set off through the cold, wet grounds. They decided on the three broomsticks, hopeful to maybe find Hagrid there.

The pub was crowded like usual, they glanced around, not seeing him, although mildly disappointed, they sat down, Harry walking over to order four butterbeers.

"Doesn't he ever go into the office?" Hermione whispered. "Look" she pointed to Ludo Bagman, sitting in a shadowy corner with a bunch of goblins. He was talking quickly in a low voice to the goblins, all of whom had their arms crossed.

Within a couple seconds of noticing him, Bagman glanced over at their table right as Harry showed up with a tray of butterbeers and a small woven bowl of bread rolls.

"In a moment, in a moment!" Y/N heard him say quickly to the goblins, he hurried through the pub toward Harry. "Harry!" he said. "How are you? Been hoping to run into you! Everything going all right?"

Y/N, Ron, and Hermione each raised their glasses, taking a sip of butterbeer.

"Fine, thanks," said Harry, not wanting to talk to him.

"Wonder if I could have a quick, private word, Harry?" said Bagman eagerly. "You couldn't give us a moment, you three, could you?"

"Of course, shoo shoo" said Y/N, waving him and Harry off. Bagman shot her a look of annoyance, having expected Y/N, Ron and Hermione to walk away for a bit.

"right then." he said, motioning for Harry (who was looking at his warm butterbeer longingly) to follow him.

"So," Y/N said with a small grin. "Tell me about how you prevented Hermione from going on her date." Ron put his glass down, glancing at Hermione.

"it was just a friendly brunch." Hermione said shortly.

"yeah yeah, with lots of snogging i'm sure." Ron retorted. Hermione shot him a glare.

"For your information, Ronald. I have not kissed Viktor, not that it's any of your business." Hermione shot back.

"not any of my business! you're having relations with an adult!"

"That's not true!"

"I'm writing your mother!"

"No. you. won't."

Hermione and Ron glared at each other in silence for a couple of seconds before Y/N sat up a bit straighter, grinning to herself.

"Your flirting is awful, both of you" Y/N said. Making them both flush and turn to glare at her.

Then Harry returned, looking mildly annoyed, he glanced at their faces and turned to Y/N, "what did you say?"

"oh nothing" she leaned back in her chair, sipping her butterbeer. 

"What did he want?" Ron said when Harry had sat down.

"He offered to help me with the golden egg," said Harry, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"He shouldn't be doing that!" said Hermione, looking horrified. "He's one of the judges! And anyway, you've already worked it out — haven't you?"

"Uh . . . nearly," said Harry. Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Well, I don't think Dumbledore would like it if he knew Bagman was trying to persuade you to cheat!" said Hermione, still looking deeply disapproving. "I hope he's trying to help Cedric as much!"

Y/N rolled her eyes again. Surely he was getting plenty of help from Cho.

"He's not, I asked," said Harry, internally hoping that Cedric was struggling as much as him.

"Those goblins didn't look very friendly," said Hermione. "What were they doing here?"

"Looking for Crouch, according to Bagman," said Harry. "He's still ill. Hasn't been into work."

"Maybe Percy's poisoning him," said Ron. "Probably thinks if Crouch snuffs it he'll be made head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation.

"Percy? doing anything to hurt the man he worships?" Y/N said, letting out a short laugh.

Hermione sighed, not finding the joke about Crouch's death funny."Goblins looking for Mr. Crouch. . . . They'd normally deal with the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures."

"Worrying about poor 'ickle goblins, now, are you?" Ron asked Hermione. "Thinking of starting up S.P.U.G. or something? Society for the Protection of Ugly Goblins?"

"Ha. ha. ha." said Hermione sarcastically. "Goblins don't need protection. Haven't you been listening to what Professor Binns has been telling us about goblin rebellions?"

"No," Ron, Y/N and Harry said at the same time.

"Well, they're quite capable of dealing with wizards," said Hermione, taking a sip of butterbeer. "They're very clever. They're not like house-elves, who never stick up for themselves—"

Ron let out a groan, staring at the door. Rita Skeeter had just entered. She bought drinks, and she and the photographer made their way through the crowds to a table nearby, Harry, Ron, and Hermione glaring at her as she approached. She was talking fast and looking very satisfied about something.

Y/N glared at the back of her head.

". . . didn't seem very keen to talk to us, did he, Bozo? Now, why would that be, do you think? And what's he doing with a pack of goblins in tow anyway? Showing them the sights . . . what non- sense . . . he was always a bad liar. Reckon something's up? Think we should do a bit of digging? 'Disgraced Ex-Head of Magical Games and Sports, Ludo Bagman . . .' Snappy start to a sentence, Bozo — we just need to find a story to fit it —"

"Trying to ruin someone else's life?" said Harry loudly.

Rita Skeeter's eyes widened when she saw who had spoken.

"Harry!" she said, beaming. "How lovely! Why don't you come and join — ?"

"I wouldn't come near you with a ten-foot broomstick," said Harry furiously. "What did you do that to Hagrid for, eh?"

Rita Skeeter raised her eyebrows."Our readers have a right to the truth, Harry. I am merely doing my —"

Y/N stood up angrily, "No one cares if he's a half-giant!" She said, completely fed up.

"There's nothing wrong with Hagrid!" Harry added, he too now standing.

Rita's smile faded slightly, not expecting to be yelled at. Though it came back within a second; she snapped open her handbag, pulled out her Quick-Quotes Quill, and said, "How about giving me an interview about the Hagrid you know, The man behind the muscles? Your unlikely friendship and the reasons behind it. Would you call him a father substitute?"

Harry clenched his jaw.

"I'll give you a story." Y/N said, grabbing the basket of bread rolls and taking one into her hand. "you can call it, 'the day I was brutally attacked at a pub' " Y/N said furiously, about to throw the bread roll right at her head. Harry grabbed her wrist, knowing that Rita would indeed make a story about this.

Hermione stood up very abruptly, her butterbeer clutched in her hand ."You horrible woman," she said, "you don't care, do you, anything for a story, and anyone will do, won't they? Even Ludo Bagman —"

"Sit down, you silly little girl, and don't talk about things you don't understand," said Rita Skeeter coldly, her eyes hardening as they fell on Hermione. "I know things about Ludo Bagman that would make your hair curl . . . not that it needs it —" she added, eyeing Hermione's puffy hair.

"Oh— you've done it now." Y/N glared. Pulling away from Harry's grip and chucking the bread rolls at Rita with all of her strength.

Strangled gasps came from Rita as she struggled to block them.

Harry though hating Rita with his entire being, tried his best to stop Y/N, he wrapped his arms around her from behind to keep her arms from moving and pulled her out of the pub as she shouted several profanities at Rita.

Hermione didn't even bother to try and stop her. She actually seemed pleased with Y/N. Once Y/N finally calmed down, Harry pulled his arms away. Y/N huffed and crossed her arms, still annoyed.

"'Silly little girl', am I?" Hermione said furiously. "I'll get her back for this. First Harry, Y/N then Hagrid . . ."

"You don't want to go upsetting Rita Skeeter.." said Ron nervously. "I'm serious, Hermione, she'll dig up something on you —"

"My parents don't read the Daily Prophet. She can't scare me into hiding!" said Hermione, now walking quickly down the streets. "And Hagrid isn't hiding anymore! He should never have let that excuse for a human being upset him! Come on!"

Glancing back at the three of them, Hermione let out a breath and broke into a run, leading them back towards the castle and to Hagrid's cabin.

When they finally made it, the curtains were still drawn, and they could hear Fang barking as they approached.

"Hagrid!" Hermione shouted, pounding on his front door. "Hagrid, that's enough! We know you're in there! Nobody cares if your mum was a giantess, Hagrid! You can't let that foul Skeeter woman do this to you! Hagrid, get out here, you're just being —"

The door opened.

Hermione stopped now being face-to-face with Dumbledore.

"Good afternoon," he said pleasantly, smiling down at them, Y/N, Ron and Harry stood behind Hermione, watching as her confidence sank.

"We — uh — we wanted to see Hagrid," said Hermione quietly.

"Yes, I surmised as much," said Dumbledore, smiling. "Why don't you come in?"

"Oh . . . um—," said Hermione.

"we'd love to" Y/N said, pushing her way through past Dumbledore and into the cabin.

Hagrid was sitting at his table, where there were two large mugs of tea. He looked terrible. His face was blotchy, his eyes swollen, and his hair tangled to a point where it seemed to be unfixable.

"Hi, Hagrid," said Harry, stepping in behind Y/N.

Hagrid looked up." 'Lo," he said in a very quietly.

"More tea, I think," said Dumbledore, closing the door behind Y/N, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, drawing out his wand, a tea tray appeared along with a plate of cakes.

They all say and there was a slight pause, and then Dumbledore said, "Did you by any chance hear what Miss Granger was shouting, Hagrid?"

Hermione seemed embarrassed, Dumbledore smiled at her and continued, "Hermione, Y/N, Harry, and Ron still seem to want to know you, judging by the way they were attempting to break down the door."

"Of course we still want to know you—" Harry said, staring at Hagrid.

"You don't think anything that Skeeter bitch —uh sorry, Professor," Y/N added quickly, looking at Dumbledore.

"I have gone temporarily deaf and haven't any idea what you said, Y/N," said Dumbledore, biting into a cake and staring at the ceiling.

"right.." said Y/N awkwardly.

"Hagrid— how could you think we'd care what that woman wrote about you?" Harry added, looking at Hagrid.

A few tears streamed down Hagrid's face. "Living proof of what I've been telling you, Hagrid," said Dumbledore, "I have shown you the letters from the countless parents who remember you from their own days here, telling me that if I sacked you, they would have something to say about it —"

"Not all of 'em," said Hagrid hoarsely. "Not all of 'em wan' me ter stay."

"Really, Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time," said Dumbledore. "Not a week has passed since I became headmaster of this school when I haven't had at least one owl complaining about the way I run it. But what should I do? Barricade myself in my study and refuse to talk to anybody?"

"Yeh — yeh're not half-giant!" said Hagrid.

"Hagrid, look what I've got for relatives!" Harry said. "Look at the Dursleys!"

"An excellent point," said Professor Dumbledore.

"Come back and teach, Hagrid," said Hermione quietly, "please come back, we really miss you."

Hagrid gulped. More tears leaked out down his cheeks.

"I refuse to accept your resignation, Hagrid, and I expect you back at work on Monday," he said. "You will join me for breakfast at eight-thirty in the Great Hall. No excuses. Good afternoon to you all."

Dumbledore left the cabin. When the door had shut behind him, Hagrid began to sob into his hands. Hagrid looked up, his eyes very red, "Great man, Dumbledore . . . great man . . ."

"Yeah, he is..." said Ron, eyeing the tray of cakes. "Can I have one of these, Hagrid?"

"Help yerself," said Hagrid, wiping his eyes.

"Ar, he's righ', o' course — yeh're all righ' . . . I bin stupid . . . 'Never be ashamed,' my ol' dad used ter say, 'there's some who'll hold it against you, but they're not worth botherin' with.' An' he was right. I've bin an idiot. I'm not botherin' with her no more, I promise yeh that. Big bones . . . I'll give her big bones."

The four of them glanced at each other, knowing the context behind the phrase 'big bones'

"Yeh know wha', Harry?" Hagrid said, "I'd love yeh ter win, I really would. It'd show 'em all . . . yeh don' have ter be pureblood ter do it. Yeh don' have ter be ashamed of what yeh are. It'd show 'em Dumbledore's the one who's got it righ', lettin' anyone in as long as they can do magic. How you doin' with that egg, Harry?"

"Great," said Harry. "Really great.."

Hagrid's broke into a wide smile."Tha's my boy . . . you show 'em, Harry, you show 'em. Beat'em all."

***

Y/N woke up startled, and invisible hand clasped over her mouth before she could make a single sound.

"Shush" Harry whispered, pulling the cloak off of his head. Y/N glared at him.

"You could've tapped me or something!" she whisper shouted, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

Harry grinned to himself, "but this was far more entertaining"

"ha. ha. ha." she said sarcastically, hiding her own amusement as she rolled her eyes. "any particular reason why you're here at.."

"4 in the morning"

Y/N gaped at him. "Harry, give me a good reason for you to have woken me before I strangle you."

"I need help with the egg.. and well- I have no idea what to do" He said, sounding very defeated.

Y/N sighed and quietly stood up, grabbing her coat, her wand, and a chocolate frog before lifting up the invisibility cloak and stepping under it.

"let's go then"

Though Harry felt bad for disturbing her sleep, he couldn't help but feel his heart warm at her willingness to help him.

It was freezing and icy. Regardless, they decided the castle grounds would be the best option to try the egg.

They made sure to walk very far, since they needed to open the very loud egg.

"this is what you get for lying" Y/N said, as she and Harry continued walking, bumping into each other with every step. "a heavy conscience and pressure"

Harry rolled his eyes. "Hermione would scold me for wasting time, and well- Hagrid was already upset.. i just wanted to cheer him up a bit"

Y/N stopped walking, taking the egg from Harry's hands and pulling the cloak off of them.

"Do you think this is far enough?" Harry asked, looking towards the castle which looked remarkably smaller from this distance.

"Harry, we walked at least a mile, we'll be fine" she said looking out at the giant lake that stood across from them, she casted a quick warming charm on herself and then Harry. "Let's start then."

Y/N and Harry found themselves outside on the snowy castle grounds trying to figure out the egg.

They'd done most of what Sirius had recommended, they buried it, made it float up in the air, threw water at it, and blasted cold air at it.

They were running out of ideas, it had been 2 hours of nonstop attempts, Y/N casted warming charms on the both of them every 5 minutes. They were both growing incredibly frustrated.

"How am I supposed to figure out this stupid thing--" Harry huffed, shaking the egg harshly and opening it again.

He shut it the moment he heard the loud screeching, "shit." he muttered under his breath, his ears abused by the sound. Y/N herself was beyond tired of hearing that same noise.

"Okay uh.. let's try this" Y/N said, pulling it from his hands and placing it on the ground.

"Incendio"

Harry watched, baffled as the egg caught on fire.

Y/N splashed water at it with the tip of her wand and stepped towards it reaching out and opening the egg.

She groaned in frustration as the egg screeched once again.

"Stupid fucking egg." she muttered, "have we tried throwing it yet? no? wonderful." she grabbed it and threw it across the grounds.

That moment of mild satisfaction quickly faded into panic as the egg slid open, screeching loudly and rolled down the small hill, falling right into the lake.

"No no no-" Y/N said as she and Harry sped over, watching the egg sink deeper and deeper, the screeching was muffled.

Harry and Y/N glanced at each other, Harry looking at the lake in mild horror as he quickly pulled off his coat, letting it fall to the ground.

"wha- you can't go in there" Y/N looked at him in disbelief. "It's freezing!"

"yeah-" he stepped out of his shoes. "-well someone's got to get the egg—" he pulled off his hoodie, leaving him in a t-shirt and sweatpants. "and i'm not letting you freeze to death" Harry said, he took a deep breath and before Y/N was able to protest, he jumped in.

Y/N stared in disbelief as Harry disappeared into the dark lake. She walked to the edge, trying to look through the dark frosty water, she grew mildy panicked when she couldn't see anything.

A few seconds passed before Harry rose back to the top, the egg in his hands under the water. He rubbed the water off of his face.

"here— get in" he said, looking like he was turning into a human popsicle.

"You're mental" Y/N said, reaching for his arm to help pull him out.

Harry rolled his eyes and yanked her into the lake with him.

Y/N gasped as she fell into the freezing cold water, glaring at Harry as she rose to the top. "Wha-"

Harry opened the egg under the water, watching as Y/N noticed the egg glowing a bright teal and yellow color, as it emitted a muffled sound.

Then they both dipped their heads under the water.

Come seek us where our voices sound

We cannot sing above the ground

And while you're searching ponder this

We've taken what you'll sorely miss

An hour long you'll have to look

And to recover what we took

But past an hour — the prospect's black, Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

Y/N stared at the egg as it sang, that was it.

That was the clue.

She and Harry raised their heads back over the water, they let out a breath of relief and smiled at each other, both extremely satisfied to have gotten the hint.

Y/N pulled Harry into a hug, letting out a small laugh of relief.

"You'll be fine now, we have the clue" she said, pulling back to see the blush that managed to surface on his face even though they were both icy and cold.

Harry smiled, his hand resting on the small of her back. He was glad that out of anyone, he was sharing this with Y/N.

He'd win, for Y/N

__________________

𝔈𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔩

________

"ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴀꜱᴛ"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 11.3K 132
#1 Hermionegranger (22/5/22) #1 Hermionexmalereader (20/5/22) #1 PennyHaywood (21/11/23) The third year of Y/N's time at Hogwarts and he is finally i...
759 65 38
❝𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝.❞ Jupiter Black has been isolated her entire life until the age of thirteen. During a due...
5.2K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
33.8K 877 81
❈ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ❈ 〖 Harry Potter x Fem!reader - Mas...