Pieces Together

By xshivaniex

ᴛʜᴀɴᴛᴏᴘʜᴏʙɪᴀ: (ɴ.) ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʜᴏʙɪᴀ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ____________________ "Avery" I said sternly when I... More

Main Characters Aesthetics
Trigger Warnings/ Author's Note
Dedication
1|| Drug Dealer
2|| Caramel Latte
3|| Gang Meeting
4|| Family Reunion
5|| Mommy Issues
6|| A Sibling Bond
7|| Plips Gas Station
8|| Carissa
9|| Murder
10|| Trouble
11|| Babysitting
12|| I'm Bored
13|| The Reapers
14|| Enemies or Not?
15|| His Definition Of Fun
16|| Punishment
17|| Enemies With Benefits
18|| The Call
19|| Interrogation
20|| Mission: Abort Plan
21|| The Breakdown
22|| Favorite Cousin
23|| Secrets and Lies
24|| Drunk in Love
25|| The Snake
26|| One Rule
27|| Rock Bottom
28|| Another Secret
29|| A Tease
30|| The Red Dragon
31|| A Race to Remember
32|| Yes Sir
33|| Falling in Love?
34|| Beg
35|| Let Me Hold You
36|| I Lied
A/N
37|| Breathe
38|| Five Minutes
A/N
A/N

39|| Tears

55.6K 647 1.3K
By xshivaniex

"Ace" my mom whispered brushing away the tear that had fallen from my red eyes. My mother continued to brush her finger against my sisters cheek.

"Mom" I sobbed and she smiled sympathetically.

"I love you" she said and I let more tears run down my cheeks.

She's saying good bye.

More yelling sounded from downstairs and the next thing I heard footsteps approaching the room my mother had pulled me into.

Pushing myself up the wall, I buried my face in my hands.

"It's okay Ace, you will be safe" she assured and I kept my face buried in my hands.

"Mom!" I screamed out as I watched the door open.

Michael.

He gripped my mothers arm, pulling her back against his front. Taking his gun he pointed it right at her head.

Looking at me, he smiled and then turned his head to my sister who had tears streaming down her face.

"Please Michael I'll do anything, just don't hurt them" My mother pleaded. "Don't hurt me" she whispered, her voice cracking.

"Will you fucking shut up?" Michael questioned, gripping my mother's blonde hair tightly.

"Mom" I sobbed.

"Oh don't worry children, it's a deal made with the devil" he laughed and I didn't get time to process his words when a bullet sounded.

I watched as the bullet penetrated my mothers head and let out startled scream.

My mother dropped to the floor, bleeding to death as my sister and I watched.

My heart thumped against my rib-cage, I felt my air way closing in, the memory of that night still fresh on my mind. Shaking my head I tried to focus on the problem right now.

Five minutes, that's all I had to get Avery and all of my members out of here before the place went up in flames.

The Russians. I had no idea where they were. I don't think Silas realizes his own members are missing.

"Ace" Java said slowly and I ignored him. He can tell something is wrong, but at this moment the only thing I care about is getting my girl out of here.

Holding my gun I tucked it in my pocket and took shallow breaths trying to keep my heart rate steady that was beating ridiculously fast,

"For fucks sakes" I muttered when Kina's face appeared right in front of me.

"Idiot, you're supposed to be out of here already" she scolded and right now I could care less about what she has to say.

Rushing out the hallway I looked at burnt walls and then at the dead bodies lying on the floor. Blood painted the expensive tiled floor and I almost felt bad for Silas, his building is about to be in flames.

Aslanov enterprises. A business ran by Silas. He trades and buys buildings from other companies. His building is situated outside of the city, away from civilization. No one else is around. That's the building I'm currently in.

"Where is she?" I questioned looking at Marcus, he turned around looking at me with a look I hoped meant she's just hurt and not dead.

"I don't know" he answered and Java grabbed my arm pulling me away from everyone.

"Listen to me, we will find her but for now we need to get the fuck out of here" he said sternly and I looked back at everyone who all had distressed looks on their faces.

I'm keeping them back.

"Fuck, fine you all get out" I ordered raising my voice and they all rushed out the front of the building.

"Ace!" I heard someone scream and my turned my head in the direction of the voice that sounded awfully a lot like Av's.

I felt someone grab my arm and I whipped my head around staring at Java.

"Hurry" he muttered and I nodded my head pulling my hand out of his grip.

Running down the hall I stopped between five doors. Three on my left and two on my right.

"Avery!" I yelled.

"Ace help me!" she shouted and I looked at the last door on my left. Walking towards it I tried to turn the handle but it didn't open.

I heard a muffled scream and the sound of something or someone's head being banged against the wall.

Stepping back, I raised my foot and kicked the handle making the door fly open.

"Avery" I called out. She stood there, her hand trying to pry the man one who had his hand clasp around her mouth.

Looking at Avery, he raised a gun in the air and then pointed it at her head. Bringing the gun closer, he placed the gun against the side of her head.

I felt my heart rate spike and on instinct I aimed my gun at him.

"Put your gun down or I'll shoot her" he threatened and I looked at Avery, who wasn't crying, she looked mad. If looks could kill I can assure you that man would be dead on the floor.

"Don't" Avery mouthed and I tightened my hold on my gun.

"Now!" the man ordered and I smirked.

"Now baby" I mouthed to her and she leaned forward and kicked the man where the sun don't shine.

Groaning in pain he released Avery and she ran towards me. Grabbing her arm I pulled her behind me and then fired a bullet at the man making him drop dead.

"You okay?" I questioned and she smiled.

"Yeah I'm okay" she whispered and I released a breath.

"Let's go" I said and she nodded her and followed behind me as we rushed out the building.

Walking out from the building I heard footsteps behind me, meaning Avery is right behind me. Looking ahead, black cars pulled up and at the same time I heard the sound of the bombs going off. The sound of flames ignited filled the air and the cackling of the fire spreading echoed.

We were far enough from the building so we wouldn't get hurt.

Stepping out the vehicle was Viper and a bunch of men and women- without masks. They all kept emotionless and where he got so many people on his side is a question I want to remain unanswered.

I swallowed thickly as I scanned Viper's appearance. He stood around 5'9 just a couple inches below me. White man with bags under his eyes and tattoos covering his aging skin. Seeing him through a screen is a hell of a lot diffrent then seeing him in person.

Images of my mother begging for her life flashed to my head and I balled my hands into fists and clenched my jaw.

"Ace my boy how are you?" he questioned and I gave him a half grin.

"Good, how's Isabella?" I asked and he glared at me.

"Ace what the hell are you doing?" Java questioned and I ignored him. I don't know what I am doing but stalling him would be great.

"Cut the chit chat, where is she?" he asked, his tone demanding.

If he thinks I'm just going to tell him where Av is, he is solely mistaken.

"I'm right here" Avery announced pushing past some of my men.

"So sorry for being late I was getting kidnapped" she apologized, wiping her red stained hands on her pants.

She's so fucking beautiful.

"So what did I miss?" she smiled and I didn't miss the way Viper glared at her.

"Avery" Viper greeted and both Marcus and Marco stepped forward, standing right beside Av. They reached their hands out, holding it out right in front of Avery protectively.

"Viper, hey!" Av shouted excitedly and I shot her a confused look.

What is she doing?

Viper went to take another step and Silas and I both raised out hands in the air signaling for everyone to get their firearm ready.

Guns clicked from around the area and Viper's people raised their guns pointing it at us.

"Just hand her over" Viper said and I licked my lips taking a step towards Avery.

Grabbing her arm I pulled her behind of me, she gripped my hand balancing herself and I swallowed thickly watching how many were against us.

"Over my dead body" I answered and Viper scoffed shaking his head.

"Her? really? no wonder your father hated you" he muttered more to himself.

If he thinks his words are going to hurt me then he is deathly wrong.

Avery's hold on my hand tightened and she stepped out, standing beside me.

"Forever right?" she whispered and I closed my eyes taking a breath.

"Forever" I whispered back.

When those words escaped my lips, chaos broke out. Bullets shot across the are and panic cries and screams echoed throughout the area.

Pointing my gun at a random person I pulled the trigger and watched them fall to the ground.

Grabbing Avery's arm I pulled her with me. Pushing her against a wall she looked at me as I dug into my pocket.

Pulling out the flash drive I so dearly stole back I handed it to her. "I love you" I whispered.

"Ace, what is this?" she questioned.

"Just keep it with you okay" I said sternly and she nodded her head.

Cupping her face I smiled at her, she smiled back and I could see the pain behind those brown eyes.

"I love you" she whispered and I leaned forward connecting my lips with hers.

"Sorry to cut in on the beautiful moment but we need to get out of here" Java spoke cutting in on our moment.

"Yeah" I nodded my head agreeing with Java. 

Lacing my fingers with Av's we both turned around to get the fuck out of here.

"Where are we going?" Avery questioned and I looked forward at the man who was starring at her.

Fucking prick.

Aiming my gun right at his head I pulled the trigger.

"Home Av" I answered and she stopped walking. Turning around, I kept eye contact with her.

"Your running away from this?" she questioned.

"Avery we don't have enough people by our side and he wants you, if your gone he's going to leave" I answered.

"He isn't going to stop until I'm dead Ace, let's just finish this" she pleaded.

"Avery trust me I want to but we aren't ready for this, we are going to lose a lot of people in this war but right now we need to get out of here" I said hoping she just listens to me.

"Java go on ahead, round everyone up and go back home" I ordered and he nodded his head.

"Please Av, let's just go" I begged and she sighed walking towards me.

Turning around I felt a sharp hit to the side of my head. My vision blurred and the last thing I remembered was falling to the floor as I passed out.

"Ace!" I screamed out as the woman hit him across the head with the barrel of her gun.

Looking at her she smiled at me and then eyed me up and down.

"Avery Black" she guessed. Looking at the gun I held tightly she shook her head.

"Clay Evans" I answered back and by the way her eyes lit up I could tell she was surprised I knew who she is.

"What do you want?" I asked. Looking down at the ground where Ace lay unconscious, my heart sunk into my stomach.

"You" she answered.

"Dead or Alive" she added and with those words I stepped forward swinging at her.

My fist collided with the side of her face and she turned to the side. Coming back up I looked at the blood that was now running down her cheek.

I felt a punch to my stomach and I grabbed her boot, twisting her foot around making her fall to the ground.

"Bitch" she groaned and laughed kicking her stomach.

A bitch I am.

Pointing my gun down at her, my finger grazed the trigger. In a split second I was pulled to the fall, rocks digging into my skin.

"Fuck" I whispered. Clay got on top of me and straddled my waist. Gripping her sides, she punched my face several times.

Pushing her off, I tackled her pushing her into the ground. Quickly standing up, I waited for her to get back on her feet.

I heard Ace groan and footsteps approaching from behind. Looking down at Ace, he pushed himself up and looked at me and then at Clay who remained still on the floor.

Touching his forehead, he brought his finger down and looked at the blood that covered his skin.

"Is that-?" Matteo began to question and I cut him off answering his question.

"Yes that's Clay"

"Well unconscious Clay I guess" I murmured.

"Grab her" Ace ordered and Matteo gently picked her up and let all her body weight fall onto him.

"Viper is gone, he ran the minute chaos broke out" Matteo said and I didn't miss the Ace clenched his jaw.

"Fucking bitch" Ace murmured under his breath.

"What now?" I asked, the sound of my voice coming out hoarse.

I'm holding back tears, it's no secret.

The area got quiet, the only sound being heard is the one of pained groans and shallow cries of injured people.

"We leave, there's nothing more we can do" Matteo answered. He looked at me with concern, the type of look someone gives you when they could see right through you. I hated it. I hate that people care about me.

I shot him a small smile, silently telling him that I'm okay.

I pulled the flash drive Ace had given to me and examined it. It looked like a regular flash drive so why it's so important to me is a question I want answered.

"Let's go" Ace said walking in front both Matteo and I.

Looking around I saw bodies lying on the floor. All the cars that were here before were gone, not one left in sight.

I wonder why they left.

Why the ran? It didn't make sense at all. They act like they want a war yet run when they are losing.

"Av!" Dad shouted catching my attention, looking at him, my eyes pooled with tears. It felt like weight being lifted from my shoulder when I saw him moving.

I felt relieved that he is alive. I couldn't handle the pain of my dad dying.

The sides of my lips titled upwards until I turned to the side and saw who was lying on the floor.

Immediately my smile dropped and I rushed over to him. Lilith sat next to the body, on her knees, tears falling from her eyes.

Looking at the person I felt my entire body still. Every sound around me drowned out and I could hear the sound of my heart beating ridiculously fast.

There lay Louis, bleeding with his eyes closed, not moving.

"Ace" I whispered shakily, slowly turning to the side expecting to see him, he wasn't there instead he was standing next Lilith, his eyes filled with tears.

Lilith got up from the floor and turned around, embracing Ace in a tight hug. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to face them. Looking up, Java stared down at me, a sad expression on his face.

"Hey, you okay?" I questioned and he sniffled before embracing me in a hug.

Sighing into the hug, I tightened my arms around his waist. I've never seen Java in a vulnerable state before.

A/N

I want to apologize to you guys for not updating in so long, things have been incredibly hard for me and my mental health is getting worse and worse. I'm trying my hardest to get chapters going but honestly it's so hard. I love writing and will always love this story and I love all of you so so much.

I'm honestly also thinking about discontinuing this book just because I'm not really feeling Ace and Avery's story anymore. I'm not sure what I will really do but there is so many flaws in this story and I don't know if I really like it anymore.

-V

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 847 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
18.1K 280 47
(45 chapters including bonus chapters. New edited version coming soon!!) (MAFIA HEIR SERIES BOOK 2!!) Antoni Smith-also known as Toni-looks to have...
645K 11K 54
18+ | Angel and demon brought together by accident. Sparks fly and moans reverberate through their bedroom but...neither one knows who they are to e...
271K 9.2K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...