Alpha Isaiah ✔️

By Midika

*Thirteenth Book in the Alpha Series - Can be read as standalone* "Isaiah..." I breathe. He's so close, I can... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
EPILOGUE

TWENTY

2.4K 111 1
By Midika

Word Count: 1625

~Avia

I stare out at the crowd of people, hating the way they stare back at me.

Isaiah stands at the front of the stage with his father, addressing the crowd. Something about a new development involving some disputed land. I suppose it's no longer disputed, which can only mean one thing...Isaiah or his father sent orders to their people to bust through the land and destroy everything there and displace the occupants in order to build other things that suit them.

"I hate these kinds of things," Mari mutters from beside me.

All the girls have joined us for this address. Even their families are here, although from the side-lines. Kit has the idea that people want to see our younger faces, feeling like they can trust them. And here I am, to soften the blow of whatever Isaiah and Kit are announcing.

"What I would do to not have important parents," Savea sighs, dipping her head back with frustration. They have no idea how lucky they are, to have the lives that they have. They are all trussed up in beautiful outfits, their hair neatly styled with lavish jewellery hanging off them.

I release a long, quiet breath. This isn't about proving them wrong, it's about relating to them.

"Me too...Although I wouldn't have met Isaiah," I note, threading my fingers together in front of me in a way to stop myself from doing or saying anything that would jeopardise this.

"How is that going, by the way?" Cherry asks, leaning over to look at me with curious eyes. Now that she has officially moved into Isaiah's manor, she's been noticing every small thing going on between Isaiah and I.

I stare at Isaiah's back, the sight of the crowd melting away around me. I can't tell what is going on between Isaiah and I. I've been slowly chipping away at him, gaining his trust. I've garnered more information for the rebels than they have gotten in years, and yet I still can't quell the strange feeling in my stomach.

That I'm not doing the right thing...

"I don't think he's interested in me," I admit lowly, shifting uncomfortably in my dress. Kenna and I don't exactly have the same dress sense, however I've had no other choice but to rely on her suitcase of clothing we found when we intercepted her car.

"Are you kidding? He keeps stealing glances at you, even now, when his father is talking," Cherry murmurs in my ear, nodding at him. "He's interested in you, trust me."

Mari sighs. "Even I've noticed it."

Kit turns to look at me over his shoulder, making me realise their speech has come to an end. People seem restless, the information clearly unsettling them. I'm now expected to step forward, to face them all as if I'm not one of them. As if I actually belong up here, with these people.

"That's my que," I mutter lowly, stepping forward between Kit and Isaiah.

Isaiah glances at me, looking sullen and distant. He always seems to get like that, when he is doing anything related to his position as Alpha. It's like he goes back into himself, let's a part of him shut down. I hate seeing it, but it's what I'm going to have to do right now.

Each word that comes out of my mouth tastes like poison on my lips. I hate the way they all look at me, down there, amongst the crowd of people. They ate me as much as they hate their Alpha. This part of the Pack is more unstable than others, who have warmed to the idea of a Noble girl from the Love Pack.

I'm meant to be like these people. And suddenly, I'm nothing better than the ones I stand on stage with.

***

I stayed in bed for the rest of the day.

At some point, Cherry climbed onto my bed next to me to try cheer me up, but it's impossible, considering I can't exactly confide in her. As much as I like Cherry, deciding I'm going to do everything to spare her when everything goes down with the Rebels, I can't exactly tell her I'm worried I'm becoming everything I hate.

Just the thought of her face if I told her I was a Rebel...She would hate me. She wouldn't even so much as look at me ever again.

Now it's late, shadows creeping around my room as I lay, refusing to turn my light on, to even close my curtains. Something doesn't feel right.

Getting out of bed, I pad down the hallway. Everyone seems to be in their rooms early tonight, which is a relief, considering I'm not exactly in the mood to talk to anyone. I'm not even sure I want to return to the compound tonight for a debrief. Malin would not react well if I admitted how tumultuous my feelings are.

I make it to the ground floor before I hear the sound of voices floating down the central hallway, leading right to Isaiah's office.

For a moment, I debate turning around and walking back up to the room.

That's until I remember why I'm here. And through everything, it's not to be Isaiah's friend.

"Do you understand the sacrifices your mother and I have made to keep this Pack going?" I hear as I walk closer, lingering outside the door in the hallway still. It's Kit talking to who I presume is Isaiah, his voice stern and borderline accusatory.

"I haven't seen my mother in years," Isaiah grumbles in response. I may not know much about him, but there's something about his tone that is familiar. It's the embodiment of a withdrawn, broken person who is tired of arguing back.

"You know she's sick, that she doesn't want you to see her," Kit responds.

Isaiah's voice breaks as he speaks. "I know..."

"Get it together, you're an Alpha." Kit's stern tone rattles through me, my chest constricting as if he is speaking to me that way. I want to kill him more than anything, even if it has to be with my bare hands. "If you want me to keep visiting, I need to be impressed. You expect love from me and everything else, and yet you continue to act selfish. I don't feel any love for you, son."

Ouch, that hurts even me. Once again, the temptation to walk away and leave them to their obviously private moment that is none of my business, tugs at me. But I'm here to collect information, and this is the best glimpse into Kit and Isaiah's dynamic that I think I could ever get.

"I just want what's best for the Pack," Isaiah mutters.

I can hear the weight of Kit's footsteps as he paces back and forth across the room. "What is best for the Pack is an Alpha who follows traditions, who is a clear, strong leader to enforce the rules of this Pack."

"Those rules are starting to blur," Isaiah growls, his temper clearly nearing it's end. "Did you not see how angry they were today?"

"They are seeing your weakness, that is why. I never had that problem when I was Alpha."

Liar. Kit can lie with such ease, I realise, which is likely how he manipulated so many people around him to agree with his ideology. The people have never liked him, and they have always pushed back and caused trouble.

"So you won't love me until I'm an exact replica of you?"

Kit doesn't respond for a long moment. I'm convinced he knows I'm standing outside the door, listening in, until I hear him sit down.

"That girl...Kenna, is pretty," he murmurs. I freeze.

I can hear the scepticism in Isaiah's voice. "So?"

"You like her."

"I agreed to marry Elise next year, you have nothing to worry about," Isaiah assures him coldly. I grit my teeth, irritated. Does Kit seriously think it's okay to tell his son who he can love? I silently add it to the list of everything else I hate about him. And by the sounds of it, Isaiah may have the same list.

"I hope not. We need a Passion Pack bred woman to rule, not some mutt from the Love Pack," Kit sighs. My eyes widen. So that's what he thinks of Kenna? "Even if her father is powerful."

"If you're going to talk here about Kenna like this, I suggest you leave," Isaiah warns calmly, although I can hear in his tone that he is moments away from saying something his father doesn't want to hear.

At least, despite his father, he is trying to protect me.

"If she is your weakness, son, then she's going to be what brings you down."

Kit's words echo in my head as I turn to walk away. They should make me happy, to know my plan is working. And yet I only feel sickness, and the beginning feelings of doubt.

💙••💙

If you enjoy the story, it's always ten chapters ahead on Radish. It's another way of supporting me as a writer, so thank you! Otherwise, I'll be updating here on Wattpad consistently as well.

***

I have a brand new story called IMMORTAL PRINCE now available on Radish, and soon on Wattpad (:

"Tomorrow, we don't have to speak of this again." I hardly know what I'm asking. I just know I want whatever it is.

He watches me with an intensity that I know only he is capable of. "Put my hand where you want me to touch you."

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!! Thank you all!

I hope you guys enjoyed!!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

Snapchat: Midikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.9K 4.1K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
989K 22.4K 23
He caressed my soft cheek with his rough hands yet so gentle whenever they touch me"Jade,my love don't leave me come back with me" He is so vulnerabl...
622K 18.9K 52
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!( spelling mistakes are everywhere!!!! I can not stress this enough!!! I repeat, read at your own risk! I will no...
201K 1.3K 7
SIX-PACK SERIES BOOK THREE * While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one (Alpha Gray) and book two (Alpha Theo)...