Perfectly Wrong For Me

By CalmDeniseWrites

"Whatever you have that stupid grin on your face for, the answer is no. No smoking, no guns, none of your Maf... More

1. First Encounter
2. And, Action!
3. A-Hole
4. Lies, lies and more lies
5. He's back
6. Craps
7. How we met
8. Just Friends
9. Everyone needs a Val
10. Silly, Silly, Connor
11. Birthdays
12. Chapter Title: Unavailable
14. Eye contact is the key
15. Dinner With Stones
16. Rest in Peace
17. Attention: Secured
18. Wasted
19. My treat
20. Target guy sucks
21. Butterflies
22. Secrets revealed
23. Act natural: Failed
24. Wedding things
25. Married.. or not?
26. Heartbreaks
27. The L Word
28. Ride or die
•Epilogue•
From the Author

13. No panties

14.9K 484 444
By CalmDeniseWrites

Diana

I slam my computer shut. Not hard enough to break it but enough to express my anger.

After scrolling on Facebook instead of trying to sleep on my off day, I am mad at what I have seen. Everyone was posting about that stupid highschool reunion tonight. I hated it. Everybody with their great jobs, amazing husband's and straight A children, it made me sick to my stomach.

I didn't understand why we had to go back and see people from highschool anyway. Why would I want to fake like I enjoyed going to school with them?

What really infuriated me was the message Kiera had sent me about it. Reading, "Hope to see you tonight. I'll be with Richard and you'll be with no one!"

Who writes that? It barely made any sense. It was like she was trying to get under my skin and it had worked. She was still the same home-wrecker she was before. God, I hated her.

If I had decided to go to the highschool reunion, it would only show how right she was about me. Especially going alone.

Or maybe I didn't have to.

A light bulb went on in my head as I thought of ways I could prove Kiera wrong. But as I thought more about it, I winced. It was an incredibly stupid and pathetic idea, but when I wanted to prove someone wrong, I would go lengths do it. I had to be right. And that's what I was going to do. Whether it meant losing all the pride I had.

I pick up my phone and dial Dante. He doesn't answer the phone the first time, but I keep trying until he finally answers after calling the third time.

"What?"

"I hate asking for favors, especially you b-"

"This is the second time you've said that, yet you continue to ask me, so you must not hate it that much,"

I am taken aback by his comment and almost lose track of why I had called. But I didn't, thankfully.

"As much as I'd love to argue with you, I can't."

"Diana, why did you call me?"

"Did anyone ever tell you, your house is decorated beautifully." I compliment.

"What do you want?" He instantly asks, catching on.

"Okay, it's my highschool reunion tonight, and I didn't want to go but this stupid bitch I used to go to school with named Kiera is going with my ex who is now her boyfriend."

I can practicality see his shrug, "What the fuck does that have to do with me?"

"I need you to pretend to be my fiance."

"I could have sworn we already had this conversation. Except I was the one asking which resulted in you laughing in my face. I wanted to blow your head off. I remember it like it was yesterday." He replies with a small laugh.

"It was like a month ago."

Wow

I can't believe it has already been a month since I agreed to this deal. Which means in four more months I would have a better life for Fiona and I. Hopefully maybe even less than that.

"Anyway, I want to prove her wrong. Would you please come?"

He takes a minute to respond. "Fine. I'll be there."

"Really?"

"Yeah. When and where is it?"

"It starts at seven thirty tonight and is at my old highschool, Valley High."

"You seriously been here your whole life?"

"It's none of your business, but unfortunately, yes I have. You'll be there?"

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"Awesome, dress nice, bye." I say before hanging up.

I couldn't wait to see the look on Kiera's face when I walked in. Although I was slightly panicking at having to see Richard again or even step inside that school again. That was one of the worst times of my life.

I was living in foster care the whole time through school. So I didn't have much, and the kids took that as a reason to bully me. I didn't have nice clothes like them, I didn't have nice shoes like everyone else had, hell I didn't even have a nice home like everyone else.

I go to Fiona's room and sit on her bed as she looks up from her phone. She stares at me, confused, as I smile at her.

"Hi, Mama." She says and goes back to her phone.

"The hairstyle you chose today looks amazing, Fiona." She has braided her hair in a nice ponytail.

Fiona looks up and squints her eyes as she stares at me, trying to decipher something.

"Ya git in an argument with someone again or somethin?"

I've always loved her southern accent. Even if it was hard to understand sometimes.

I laugh fake-ly and wave a dismissive hand at her. "What? No, of course not. I rarely argue with people. "

"Ya literally like arguin with people, Ma."

I drop the act, "Alright fine, you caught me. Tonight's my highschool reunion and at first I wasn't going to go but Kiera is coming and I just have to prove her wrong. So I need you to stay here. It's only for a couple of hours. "

"Okay."

"Awesome! There's dinner in the fridge. You know my number. If you even think something is wrong, let me know and I'll rush home, alright?" I get up from her bed and go to my closet. It was already six so I had to hurry up.

I decided I want to dress up a little tonight. I had gotten a little thicker since highschool, not much, but it was enough to show off. And that's exactly what I was going to do.

I grab the wine red cape dress I got from the thrift store a few years ago and go to the bathroom. The first time I put it on, it was a little tight but not overwhelming tight. The shoulder v neck makes my boobs look slightly larger, but as far as that everything looks good. That is, until I turn around and see my underwear line visible through the dress. I hated that. It made me feel self conscious about the whole outfit.

I could keep the granny panties on, or I could take them off. If I kept them on I would walk around feeling insecure about myself, which will ruin my mood. Or I could take them off and walk around with no underwear underneath my dress.

No one would know. It's not like I would be taking it off for anyone.

With that, I decided to take them off. The result is much better. I stare at my backside confidently before going back to the closet and getting my heels and flats. Once I have put the heels on and put the flats in my bag, I am ready to go.

I say goodbye to Fiona and soon am out the door. I decided I will be completely fancy tonight and will take the taxi. The taxi driver is a brunette woman and when she sees my outfit, she smiles and compliments it. This leaves me happy the whole way there. When I arrive, find my way to the cafeteria and see it is already packed. I try to spot Dante, but see him nowhere. I step to the side and call him. He doesn't answer but sends a text saying he is on his way.

"Hi, Diana." I hear a female say and turn around.

I smile when I see it is Sarah. Sarah was a freshman when I was a senior. We weren't exactly friends, but out of everyone else, I liked her better. We both worked in the cafeteria, and she was pretty nice. Never really talked much.

"Sarah, Hi! Nice to see you. How have you been?"

She smiles back and replies, "Nothing much. I just got hired as an substitute teacher at a middle school in Kansas,"

"Oh my God, that is so good! I'm proud of you." I was genuinely happy for her. It was nice to see her doing well.

"Well um I just wanted to say hi after all these years, my husband is waiting for me over there." She points to an Asian man sitting at one of the tables.

She waves goodbye and goes back to her seat just as I see a tall black haired woman with a black haired man just as tall approach me. As they get closer, I see who it is and wince. Kiera Sheppard and Richard Watson. Two of the people I hated most in this world.

"So you showed up?" She instantly says.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask, anger already rising inside of me.

"Well, you know, I assumed you wouldn't want to see everyone with a partner and you all alone. " She bats her light blue eyes in fake sympathy and I resist the urge to smack the fake eyelashes she is wearing off of her annoying little face.

"As a matter of fact, I'm not alone. I just got engaged to a well known casino owner by the way."

I can tell Richard is staring at me as I speak, but I don't look at him. There was absolutely no reason to talk to him.

Kiera touches my arm, and leans forward. "Oh sweetie, you don't have to lie. I know it's hard seeing your ex with me but it'll get better I promise." All resistance breaks after she says this, and I stare at her hand on my arm.

I tried to be nice, bitch.

I take the rubber band off my wrist to tie my hair up. "Look b-"

"Hey, beautiful." I hear a deep voice interrupt me as I lift my arms. I feel his hands wrap around my waist and his face in the crook of my neck. His breath on my neck as he speaks, "Sorry I'm late, traffic was hectic as hell."

I turn to the side and see Dante already staring at me with a grin. I lift my arms down and stare at him awkwardly. As Kiera and Richard stare at us in shock.

He smiles, "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?" He says and stands up, but doesn't take his hands from around my waist.

I stare at him for a moment before turning back to them with a fake smile, "Right. This is my Fiance, Dante Stone. Dante, meet Kiera and her boyfriend, Richard."

Richard leans forward and tries to greet Dante with a handshake, but he denies it. "Nice to meet you man, I guess she has moved on. " Richard's eyes trail down my body and I shudder in disgust. How dare he do that after cheating on me like that? And with the girl he knew I hated most.

I didn't feel an ounce of desire, love or even like towards Richard. Just pure hatred.

Dante's arms wrap tighter around me as he responds, "You went out with her?" He asks, surprised.

"Yep."

"You must've been going through something, right Diana? Please don't tell me you went out with him in your right min-" Dante practically begs.

I hit his arm as a warning and he shakes his head, but doesn't continue.

Kiera and Richard talk about how she and Richard are thinking of starting their own business and while they are doing so, I feel Dante's hand travel down to my ass. He continues to rub it in a circular motion and I pray he can't tell I am not wearing underwear.

I try to focus as he is doing this, but I can't. I needed to get him to stop immediately before my body started to react. I couldn't give him that satisfaction.

"Well, I'd like to say it's been nice seeing you guys again, but I'm trying not to lie as much nowadays." I say, taking Dante's hands off of me. "Bye!" I grab Dante's arm and pull him towards the bathroom.

When we are inside the girls' bathroom, I let him go.

"Oh a quickie h-"

I slap him angrily, "I said no touching. You touch my ass again and I promise I'll kick your balls until you see stars."

He holds the side of his face as he licks his lips. "That was kinda hot. "

I should've been surprised at his reaction, but I'm not. I've established Dante did not care what came out of his mouth. He just said it.

"What?"

"The slap. That was hot as hell. Do it again." He lets go of his cheek.

I grin happily at a chance to hit him again before slapping him, "You like that?"

"Yeah, baby."

I slap him again, "You like that Dante?"

"Absolutely." He nods happily as he waits for me to hit him again.

I start to feel proud of myself at seeing the side of his cheek reddening. I slap him again. "Does that get you going?"

"Mm-hmm."

I decided to stop hitting him before he started to enjoy it a little too much. "Freak." I say, after slapping him once more lightly before walking away.

I hear him laugh loudly as he follows behind me and smile to myself.

Everyone is seated at a table as Kiera and Richard walk to the stage when we come out.

I take a seat at one of the empty tables and set my bag underneath it. Dante takes a seat next to me.

"What's going on?" He asks, as Kiera takes the mic.

Men wearing a black suit come by our table and set a plate of food and a glass of wine down. When he walks away, Dante immediately begins to dig in.

"The prom queen and king from highschool are supposed to give a speech."

"Seven years ago I was voted prom queen and I can say that was one of the best days of my life. And my beloved boyfriend voted as prom king was just the icing on the cake."

"Skank." I say, through a pretend cough. The people near us turn to me with a confused stare and Dante chokes on his food.

He laughs, "What is your problem with her, anyway?"

I roll my eyes and tell him about my relationship with Richard and how Kiera home wrecked it, knowing Richard and I were together. I leave out most details, only giving him important ones. I didn't want to tell him about how badly that had affected me, too ashamed and embarrassed.

When I finish, he looks up at Richard who was now speaking and laughs in shock, "That's the guy? Are you fucking kidding me?" He asks pointing to Richard, "I assumed you dated him for a little while out of pity. But no, you guys were actually serious."

I take a sip of my glass, "Shut up."

He shakes his head, "Seriously Diana? Baby, you gotta do better than that. You can't make fun of me for shit anymore. You dated Shrek's twin."

I can't stop the laughter that escapes out of me at his remark. It is more of a guffaw, as it is sudden and loud. I cover my mouth as people turn to us.

"Carry on." I say once the laughter has stopped and they turn back around to Richard.

"I was lonely alright. Leave me alone."

Dante shakes his head again in disappointment before getting back to his food.

After they are done speaking, music comes on and everybody stands up.

"Get up. " I order Dante as he continues to stuff his mouth. "We have to dance."

"Let me finish this rice first." He replies with a mouth full.

I get up from the table and pull his free arm to annoy him. "Come on, come on, come on!" I nag.

When he has had enough, he drops the spoon and wipes his mouth. Glaring at me as I let his hand go, he stands up.

"You annoy the hell out of me, Diana."

I smile in accomplishment, "Thank you."

I drag him to the dance floor and he stands behind me as I move my hips to the song. He keeps a distance between us as we dance. But as we dance more, my feet begin to hurt in the heels, I am wearing and I want to sit down again. I try to tell Dante, but he only grins and tells me that is payback. He starts to twirl and dip me when Kiera and Richard appear, knowing my feet are killing me. When I continue to nag, he only grins evilly.

That bastard!

"Can we sit down? My feet feel like someone is stabbing them repeatedly every time I move." I say as we slow dance. Whoever was controlling the music had abruptly changed it to a slow dance after only listening to upbeat songs. I made sure to keep Dante's hands at an appropriate place on my waist and keep a good distance as we dance.

"No. You wanted to dance. Let's dance babe."

I step on his shoe, "Don't call me that." Stepping harder, I warn him, "I swear if you do-"

Dante lifts me up over his shoulder, placing his other hand on my dress to prevent it from lifting, and strides to our table. He then sits me down. He reaches in my bag and grabs my flat.

"Not a word." He warns as I open my mouth to protest.

He unstraps the straps on my heels forcefully and takes them off. Then he puts the flats on with the same force. After putting my heels in my bag, he looks at me.

"You complain again about your feet and I'll lift this dress up and eat you out in front of all these people, understood?" He says angrily.

I gasp at his knowledge of me not wearing underwear. I was sure it didn't look obvious.

I should have just gone with the granny panties.

When I don't immediately reply, he puts his hand on my thigh, "Understood?"

I watch his hand move upward and my breath quickens. I move his hand from my thigh. "Yes."

"Good." He gets up and dusts his pants off.

The remainder of the night, we dance and eat. At one point I get nosey and decide to see what the school is like now. Dante follows me. I showed him my favorite math teacher who I learned retired shortly after I graduated.

When Dante is in the bathroom, I run into my ninth grade crush, Caleb. I also learned that he had a crush on me, too. All that time we could have gotten together. Amazing how life works.

After Dante comes out, Caleb finishes talking shortly after and walks away. Despite telling him I can get home myself, I end up in the car with him on my way to my apartment. I notice the whole way there he is quiet. Maybe he was just tired.

By the time I arrive home, I am exhausted. Who knew going to a highschool reunion would be so exhausting.

Standing outside of my door, I clear my throat awkwardly as Dante stares at the passing cars.

"Thank you for going to the reunion with me," I say.

"What?" He asks, facing me.

"I said thank you. "

A grin appears on the side of his mouth. "Hmm?"

"Thank you." I mumble.

"Huh?" He asked, full on grinning.

"Thank you." I mumble again.

"A little louder please." Dante says, leaning forward.

"Thank you." I say louder.

"Repeat that for me. I can't quite hear you, Diana."

"Thank you, alright!"

He smiles, holding his heart dramatically. "Wow, a second time. Did the powerful one and only Diana say thank you to lil ol me a second time? What did I do to deserve this treat?" He replies sarcastically.

"Be quiet, it's not happening again and I mean it this time."

"We'll see about that." He puts his hands in his suit pockets. "I'm picking you up in the morning. Be ready. Shouldn't take maybe an hour or two. And then on Monday we are having dinner with my parents. "

"Okay that's fine, but Fiona has to come tomorrow and for dinner. "

He nods, "Alright that's cool."

After a moment of silence, he starts to walk away down the stairs but stops, "Diana." He says, turning around.

"What?"

He smirks, "Your ass looks good in that dress."

I was too tired to react how I usually would by scolding him, instead I only rolled my eyes, "I'll see you tomorrow, Dante." I reply before going inside.

•••

Hey talented people!

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and if you did please, vote, comment and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 1.1K 56
Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and does not belong to me. Credit for the book...
380K 9.1K 65
Evelyn already lost her mother; how could it get any worse? At least that's what she thought. She's forced to move in with her estranged father where...
270K 6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
103K 1.9K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...