Heimat

By Spandyyy

Heimat- A place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homela... More

Introduction
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 4

70 8 0
By Spandyyy

His feet moved briskly, as if they had a mind of their own. Soon, he found himself running down the familiar path. Holding the front part of his hanbok inorder to avoid tripping he made his way through the alley, grinning at Jimin who winked and flashed him a smile as he passed his medic shop.

As trees passed by in a blur, waves of memories crashed into him. The first time he came there without tellling anyone, looking around to make sure no one was watching him. The day Jungkook caught him sneeking out of the house and disappearing into the alley. He laughed as he remembered Jungkook's dropped jaw and wide astonished eyes when Seokjin revealed to him who he was meeting. And finally, the day he had left for Busan. 

He had tried so hard to fool himself, that it wasn't a big deal and that it won't overwhelm him so much. He had even managed to somehow control his emotions in front of Namjoon. But no sooner he had come a considerable distance away from their hideout, he had let his emotions wash over him completely. Not fighting anymore, Seokjin had let his tears fall, crying into Jungkook's shoulders as he held him tight, rubbing his back, trying to console him.

Nine years. Nine years had gone by and yet, he still remembered the incident like it had happened yesterday.

The familiar pond came into his view. Not much had changed since he had left. Just their cherry blossom tree had grown a bit, ready to serve them as perfect shelter when they sit under it and watch the sun rays as they dappled through the leafy branches. Much like the older times.

Seokjin took his time to admire his surroundings, tracing the mark with his fingers that Namjoon had carved on the tree's bark with his dagger. It was early evening, a little before sunset when he arrived. He waited for a while, but there was no sign of Namjoon. He was sure what Namjoon had meant when he had nodded at him yesterday. "Was I mistaken? Did he really not recognize me?", he wondered, rubbing the pendant that hung around his neck.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he did not notice a man slowly stepping out from behind a tree, approaching him stealthily.

"Seokjin", he heard a deep voice whisper into his ear. Startled, he turned around to be met with a laughing Namjoon. " That's not fairrrrrr! You scared me you idiot!", he whined, pushing Namjoon away playfully.

That cracked up Namjoon again and he doubled over laughing. Seokjin's puffed cheeks and pout soon smoothened out. He could not stay mad at Namjoon for long after all. He took the opportunity to admire him. Namjoon had  grown taller, a little taller than him. 

He had bulked up, veiny arms and strong biceps serving as proofs of his well built physique. His eyes were sharper, more alert, though their warmth hadn't reduced even a pinch. His hair were a little longer than his shoulders, and his half bun made him ten times more attractive. But what really stole his breath away were the dimples. Oh how he had missed them. He looked handsome. Seokjin smiled softly on realizing that he had lost himself in Namjoon's thoughts, once again.

By looking at him Seokjin had already figured out that he had presented as an Alpha unlike him, who had presented as an Omega.

"I'm sorry did i scare you too much", Namjoon asked after he stopped laughing. Seokjin's smile widened, "No you idiot". Namjoon heaved a sign of relief that made Seokjin giggle. Not much was said after that, eyes conveyed what words couldn't.

Namjoon held out his arms, hoping that Seokjin would accept his hug and that after so many years, there wouldn't be much awkwardness in between them.

Happily, Seokjin accepted his hug, pressing himself to his body, arms going around his waist, holding onto him tightly with his chin resting on his shoulder. Seokjin closed his eyes, letting himself enjoy the warmth that Namjoon's body radiated. He could make out his scent, it was woody, with a mixture of musk and cocoa, and it filled his lungs with every breath he took. 

Seokjin resisted the urge to nuzzle his neck. His wolf was unusually restless today, prancing around, happily jumping around. It was as if he was trying to tell him something, as if he recognized his scent. "Must be because he met a close friend after so long", Seokjin thought smiling slightly, ignoring what his wolf was saying and shushing him.

Though Namjoon wouldn't be able to smell him because he was wearing the scent concealer, he was sure that Namjoon would have figured out by now that he was an Omega. He felt Namjoon leveling his mouth next to his ear, "I missed you", he whispered softly. "Oh my god his voice". Seokjin gently pulled away, smiling, he looked up at Namjoon. "I missed you more", he answered honestly. Namjoon held his face delicately and affectionately pressed a soft kiss on his forehead, to which, Seokjin closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling.

And then, they completely lost track of time. Sitting side by side they talked about what changed about themselves in the past nine years and got to know the new them. Seokjin learnt about Taehyung becoming a part of the Hwarang, Hoseok's boyfriend Yoongi, whom he promised to meet soon, and Jimin becoming one of the most well-known medics in the kingdom along with his father.

"So"

"Hmm?"

"Did Tae and Minnie finally confess to each other?", Seokjin asked. "You think they would have the courage to do that by now?", Namjoon countered. "Honestly speaking, no", Seokjin replied, bursting into giggles. Namjoon snickered, "But it looks like Tae is ready to take the first step. He gifted Jimin a bracelet last night and decided that he's going to try talk to have a full conversation with him".

"Did he succeed?", Seokjin questioned curiously.

"Judging by his face last night when he came home, it seems to have gone very well", Namjoon answered with a laugh. "Tae lives with you?". "Not exactly, whenever I come home, I'm always alone and so it Tae, so he comes over to my place".

"What do you mean by 'when I come home' Joon-ah". Namjoon gave him a small smile, "I've joined the military Jin. I'm a part of the generals who are posted at the North-eastern and western borders".

Seokjin's face fell at that, "Does that mean I won't be able to meet you for months at a time?". "Well you don't have to worry about that for now. My application for transfer to the capital has been accepted so I will posted here for about three years", Namjoon assured him.

Seokjin signed in relief. "Does that mean I'm going to have to call you General Kim?", he asked playfully. Namjoon chuckled, "Of course not. I'm always going to be Namjoon for you". Seokjin beamed at that, his eyes crinkling cutely. Something that never failed to put a smile on Namjoon's face.

"Hyungie!", their conversation was interrupted by a voice that called out from the woods. "I'm here Kookie", Seokjin responded to it, eyes searching for his little brother.

A man emerged from the woods. He seemed about twenty four years old, a robust young lad dressed in a silk hanbok with a sword strapped to his waist. Namjoon was stunned for a moment. "That's Jungkook?", he asked, astonished by what he saw. 

Long gone was the cute little boy that he knew, before him stood a tall strapping fellow. Heck he was almost Seokjin's height. Jungkook had grown up to be a handsome man, his cheeks had dissolved to give way to a sharp jawline, his lean figure transformed into a muscly one. Boy, he really wasn't joking when he said he wanted to grow up and become muscular.

"Hey Namjoon hyung", Jungkook greeted him cheerfully, lips curving into his signature bunny smile. "Hey there champ! Ah, look at you, the baby has grown up into a sexy, fine man afterall huh?", Namjoon teased him , moving forward to give him a hug. "I could say the same thing for you hyung", Jungkook laughed as he pulled away, a light blush coating his cheeks on the compliment. "Look at those biceps, they are so huge", Jungkook said touching Namjoon's biceps in fascination.

"Well he does look sexy", Seokjin thought as he watched their interaction with fond eyes.

"Well General Kim please accept my salute", Jungkook said, saluting Namjoon in the traditional style, bringing his fist to rest on his heart and bowing his head down a little, in respect. "You don't have to do that Jungkook-ah, just call me hyung", Namjoon said stopping him, getting shy for the first time in a while. Jungkook just chuckled at that.

"Alright both of you continue your talk later. Hyungie we need to go now, eomma has been looking for you. She almost came to look for you by herself. Thank goodness I noticed her and told her that I'll call you", Jungkook said, cautioning them to be more careful while meeting from now on.

They weren't kids anymore and seeing an alpha and omega, together, in the woods, could cause a misunderstanding almost immediately. "Do we have to leave now?", Seokjin whined. "It's only been like an hour or something". Namjoon nodded his head in agreement.

"Hyung it's been three hours", Jungkook deadpanned, causing Seokjin's eyes to widen and he smiled sheepishly, shrugging his shoulders. Namjoon laughed at his cuteness, "We'll see each other tomorrow again yeah?". "We will", Seokjin confirmed with a smiled.

And off the duo went, down the path that led towards their home. Namjoon watched them go, with warmth spreading in his chest, waving when they turned around to say bye for last time that day.

Namjoon entered the room to be bombarded with questions from a very inquisitive Taehyung who wanted to know every detail about his and Seokjin's meeting. Just like Namjoon cared for Jungkook, Taehyung was adored by Seokjin and vice-versa. From the very first day they had hit, reason being their friendly and kind personalities.

XXX

Seokjin was glad that Namjoon seemed to have no problem with him being an omega, atleast he didn't show it. The stereotypes in the society made it really difficult for omegas to be independent. Even today, whenever people came to know about his age, they were surprised as to why he wasn't mated and married yet. 

He was thankful that his parents understood and allowed him to wait for the right one and that they gave him the liberty to choose his own mate. Call him a fool but Seokjin believed in true love and true mates. He felt that he would know that he was the one the moment he met him.

Seokjin wasn't really 'insecure' about being an omega. Rather, he had learnt to embrace it. It's surprising how much difference it makes when you accept yourself just the way you are. In the beginning he had hated it, hated being called weak and expected to always depend on an alpha or a beta. 

But he had promised himself that he would not let mere stereotypes bring him down. This is what had led him to ask Jungkook to teach him how to use a dagger. He found it necessary in order to protect himself. Initially, his parents had tried to discourage him, telling him there was no need to do so as his future mate would be there to protect him. Seokjung hyung had been somewhat neutral about it. 

Seokjin knew this, but he also knew that this meant that until he was mated, he would be vulnerable. And it wasn't as if his mate was going to follow him wherever he went, for sometime, he might be alone out of the house.

At that time if someone attacked him, what will he do? His parents had reluctantly agreed. On many occasions, this had been helpful to him, even saved his life once. Being pretty wasn't always a blessing according to Seokjin, many times it grabbed unwanted attention. The skill had helped Seokjin protect himself from perverts.

Of course he went through highs and lows. And when no one seemed to notice it, Jungkook did. Over the years he had become his support system, his pillar. Jungkook had been protective over him since they were children. Jungkook was someone who cared about him deeply, and in the same way Seokjin loved his little brother.

Both of them had lived without their parents when they were teenagers, Seokjung was already an adult by the time they had left for Busan. Through a person's lifetime, the childhood and teenage years are the most delicate ones. 

During those years you need someone to be there for you and understand you. Jungkook and Seokjin became that someone for each other. They never hid their feelings from the other, were open as they knew that the other one would not judge them. They were brothers, but they were also best friends. And Seokjin was glad to have a brother like Jungkook

XXX

Nine years ago

The room was dimly lit. At the center of this room, sat a man, the lamp placed in front him. His wrinkled face displayed no emotion.

The door opened to reveal a servant who bowed to him respectfully, "Lord Ahn has arrived, do I let him in my lord?". The man gave a curt nod to which a man stepped out from the darkness of the hallway. "I'm at your service my lord", he said, bowing as well. He was ushered into the room before the door closed behind him.

"Lord Ahn, I'm sure that you know why you are here". "I do my lord".

"Make sure you teach the crown prince well. Turn him completely against his father, bring him onto our side", the noble said, his eyes glinting with malice. "I hope what I said is clear to you. My gift will reach you every month end. It will be a while from now when we interact again. You can go now".

Bowing, Lord Ahn left the room and disappeared into the darkness in the night.

Lord Ahn, was one of the gifted scholars in the kingdom. He had been appointed as the crown prince's master. His job was to teach the crown prince everything that he needed to know about life and how to run a kingdom. He was also assigned to teach the price the art of warfare.

"Good morning your highness", Lord Ahn said bowing to the little boy in royal robes. "Good morning master", the prince smiled. "Are you ready for your first lesson?". " Yes I am master". "You must pay close attention to what I am going to teach you your highness. The future of this kingdom depends on you", the master said, to which, the prince nodded enthusiastically, determined to soak in the knowledge and become the king one day.

Thank you for reading lovely people!

I'm so sorry for the delay and I hope that you guys enjoyed it!

If you guys like it then do vote and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 203 24
Namjoon was living his life normally as a research student with his two friends. But his path crossed with someone unexpectedly and that someone chan...
5K 302 24
Yoongi had a secret, and he didn't want anyone knowing. Unexpectedly, someone who wasn't even his friend, found out. Hoseok had a secret, and wanted...
19.6K 1.7K 38
|Completed| "my moon, I will never love anyone like I love you, I am yours, just yours. Please forgive me" a story where two people fall in love and...
944K 54.4K 59
I have a kid. I am broken. I am not deserving of love. Just leave me alone! I know you've been hurt, broken, abuse and maybe even refused, but pleas...