𝐓𝐔𝐋𝐒𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐨𝐧...

By pettigrews_puthay

"𝙈𝙖𝙣, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙠𝙞𝙙, 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪?" "𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙝." "𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙖𝙨𝙠 𝙢𝙚... More

𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐓𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐚
𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝚂𝙸𝚇 - 𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚡𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎
𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚌𝚑
𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 - 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎
𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚀
𝚃𝙴𝙽 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕
𝐸𝐿𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁 - 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑒
𝑇𝑊𝐸𝐿𝑉𝐸 - 𝐻𝑜𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝐷𝑎𝑦𝑠
𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝐿𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔
𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝑀𝑎𝑖𝑙
𝐹𝐼𝐹𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝑉𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑡
𝑆𝐼𝑋𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝑆𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙
𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝐷𝑋
𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝑆𝑡𝑢𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑠
𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝐷𝑜𝑔 𝐷𝑎𝑦𝑠
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘 - 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢 - 𝗥𝘂𝗺𝗼𝗿𝘀
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 - 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 -  𝗞𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 - 𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 - 𝐶𝑎𝑠𝑡

1.2K 19 48
By pettigrews_puthay

Devyns POV

It was Tuesday which meant Ponyboy would be back in two days. I was so nervous and excited. It felt weird going this long without talking to him. I was attached to him whether I liked to admit it or not. I was getting dressed when Two-bit banged on the bathroom door.

"Hurry up Devyn I'm about to pi*s myself!" Two-bit yelled hurriedly. I laughed and grabbed my stuff. I got out and he basically ambushed me. I went to the living room and put my converse on.

I was supposed to share the room with Two-bit soon, I was rather fine on the couch, but Aunt Darlene didn't think so. Said "it makes you sound bummy." So, I'm getting kicked off the couch. I got up and started looking for Gully.

"Gully!" I hollered. I didn't hear anything back so I started looking around. I checked some rooms and looked by his food bowl. He was chowing down. "You gave me a heart attack little man." He looked up at me wagging his tail happily. I petted him and went back to the living room. Gully got to stick around, which thrilled me on a whole other level. The guys made fun of him for his name a little bit, but who cares it's cool. The next day or so after Darry fixed him, he was a little touch and go. I was scared he was gonna die, which now I highly doubt is gonna happen. He's went to the Curtis house with us for the past two days, Gully's rubbing off on the guys.

After a few minutes we started to the Curtis house. I held Gully while we walked cause his leg was still in rough shape. I knew how he felt, so I saved him the sorrow. We got to the Curtis house and he was squiggling to get out of my arms. We got inside to see Soda, Steve, and Dally on the couch. Must not have work today. Johnny gets out in about a month, we were all ready to see him again. He should get out sometime around Christmas time, don't know exactly when.

"Hey puppy dog." Soda said immediately. Sodapop really liked the dog. I went over to the couch to join some of them.

"Schooch over." I said to Dal.

"Who's gonna make me?" He said with an attitude. I shrugged and flopped down landing halfway on him. "I really don't like you sometimes." He said. He scooted over and I smiled. I love bossing Dallas Winston around to be honest.

We watched the tv for a while, I picked up Gully and brought him into my lap. He licked my face, which I hate, but I made an exception for him. He whined looking at Dally. I looked at him too and he was starting at the dog like he was sizing him up.

"Why's he doing that?" Dal asked.

"Cause he likes you." I responded.

"Make him stop it." Dal said.

"Mhm...no." I said. He gave me a death look, but didn't say anything. I looked at the tv again. Soda and Steve got up and did whatever they do, you usually know whenever you hear Steve or something getting broken.

Gully started crawling over to Dal's lap.
"No, no, no, no, I don't want you." He said.

"Oh cmon Dal, loosen up." I said. The dog was looking at Dally patiently. He started at him for a second and slowly started to pet his back. I felt like a proud mom, Dally was looking at him with a little smile at the corner of his mouth.

Eventually, 3 o'clock ish, Darry got home. Guess he got off work early, which he deserved because he worked too hard. He disappeared into his room for a while. He does that everyday, don't know what he's doing, but it's not my business either.

I kinda felt like I was waiting around for the days to go by. I don't even know how it's gonna go, Pony and me didn't talk before he left, but it's not like I was really made at him. Yeah, I was a little upset, but I didn't hate him. Surely he wasn't upset with me, he couldn't be. All I know is I wanted to see him again, hear his voice even. He hasn't wrote to any of us so far, which he told me he would write to me.

"Hey Soda, do you mind cooking dinner tonight?" Darry asked popping out after about a hour.

"I just took my shoes off." Soda groaned. Soda complains, all he did was laundry and cleaned his room.

"I can make dinner." I offered.

"You wanna make dinner? Last time I asked you, you got mad at me." Steve said.

"To be fair, you ordered me to like I was a maid." I said. He rolled his eyes at me, he does that.

"You sure you want to? What can you make?" Sodapop asked.

"Um.... I could make spaghetti." I said.

"That sounds good." Dally said.

"I don't know if we have all the stuff for that, would you mind checking?" Darry asked. I nodded and went to the kitchen. I looked around for a moment and went back.

"Well, you've got everything except noodles." I said. Kind of ironic.

"Well....I guess I could send you and Sodapop to the store." Darry said.

"I can do that!" Sodapop said happily. He went and put his shoes on.

"I just took my shoes off." Steve mocked.

"Oh shutup." Sodapop said. We went out the door and to whatever store he was taking me to.

After a while of cooking, and burning myself, I put the final touches on it.

"Foods ready!" I hollered. The boys started filing in, Steve was sniffing the air as he came in. We sat down wherever was open. I looked around at all of them trying to see their first reactions.

"This is really good Devyn." Darry said.

"Yeah, she's giving you a run for your money Darry." Soda said.

"Hey, if it means I didn't have to cook all the time, I'd be alright with it." Darry said. I smiled, pleased with the results, and finished eating.

"You should really cook more often." Dally said.

"I don't know about that." I said. I liked cooking, unless it was a chore.

"Anybody wanna play cards?" Steve asked after a while. He must've been bored, Soda was doing dishes.

"Nah, mickeys on right now." Two-bit said. Dally didn't answer.

"I'll play." I said.

"Easy money." Steve snickered.

"I wouldn't be so sure." I said getting up. We went over to the table.

"What're we playing?" I asked while I shuffled the cards.

"You got the cards, you get to pick." Steve said.

"Hm....what about draw?" I asked.

"Sure." He said. I started passing out the cards. We looked at our cards and put in a penny.

"How much?" I asked.

"3." Steve said. I passed him his cards and got my 2. After our bets were in I looked to him.

"Ready to show?" I asked. He nodded and we put our cards.

"Damnit!" Steve said. I had 3 of a kind, he had two pairs. "Beginners luck."

"If that's what you call it." I said. I gave him the cards. After forever he shuffled the cards he looked at me.

"31? I know for a fact you suck at that." Steve said.

"Fine, but I might win, you never know." I said. He smirked and passed out cards.

After about 4 minutes Two-bit walked by.

"She's got 2 diamonds, 1 heart." He said.

"You jerk!" I said trying to slap him. He did his demon laugh and went to the fridge.

"Well, isn't that a good thing?" He said laying down his cards.

"Dang." I said. He smiled and took the money.

"We're playing it again." I said shuffling my cards.

"Trying to loose again, huh?" Steve said.

"You know what Stevie, let's play lowball, I know you're horrible at that." I said mockingly.

"That's not fair." He said. I continued on and passed out the cards.

At the near end, I looked down and at my shoe.

"Ah man, my shoes untie- hey you're cheating!" I said. He quickly moved his hand away from his card, which he just took out of his belt.

"Am not!"

"Yes you are—I just caught you!"

"Liar!"

"You're the filthy liar! That moneys mine."

"Nu uh, it's mine."

"Steve don't even try it."

"Fine, we'll solve it the manly way." He put his hand out to arm wrestle. I wasn't nearly as built as Steve, but I could try. We engaged and started moving. He was winning it over but I kept trying. I was slowly making no progress, but holding him there. After what seemed like forever, and attracted Sodapop, Steve was slowly winning. I gave it one last hopeful push, when Steve pushing my arm.

My arm came down too quick and weird for me to say anything. There was an ominous crack and I let out a full lunged scream.

"Oh my God, oh my God." I started saying.

"Steve! You just broke her arm!" Soda said.

"What in Gods name is going on in here." Darry asked coming in there. His face looked at my distorted arm and he looked confused.

"How bad is it." I said turning away from it. I was doing everything not to cry. I felt like being a little dramatic too.

"Well it's definitely broke." Darry said. Dally and Two-bit came rounding the corner.

"What happened?" They asked at the same time.

"Steve broke my arm!" I said. My voice cracked with it.

"Yikes." Two-bit said. He reached out and poked my arm. That was my cracking point. I started crying, right in front of them. Not a waterworks fest, but enough. I felt dumb, but man it hurt.

"Don't we need to get her to a hospital?" Sodapop asked.

"Yeah, I'll take Devyn and Two-bit in my truck." Darry said. Steve was looking at me shocked. I went out the door, but I got the window seat and Two-bit was stuck in the middle.

"How did this happen again?" The final doctor asked looking at the paperwork.

"I broke it...arm wrestling." I said. Rather embarrassing to say.

"I see." He said. "Well, we have to put a cast on it."

"Oh man." I groaned.

"Everyone says that. It's not as bad as you think. I'll let you choose the color." He said. He brought out a tub of wrap things with a few different colors.

"Uh...Two-bit, red or black?" I asked.

"Definitely red." He said.

"Alright, red it is." I said. The doctor nodded and got his things ready.

After about 30 minutes we finally got to leave.

"Can I get window seat?" Two-bit said.

"No." I said.

"That's not fair." He said.

"I got an idea." I said. "Whoever gets there first gets window seat."

"I'm good with that." He said.

"Ready- hey!" I said when he took off early. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me. We were almost there when he tripped on the curb. I sped past making it to the truck.

"Loser." I said as he got up to me.

"Hey, in my defense I'm not as spry as I used to be."

"Two-bit, you're 18." I said.

"Doesn't make a difference." He said. I rolled my eyes and let him in. Darry caught up to us looking at us like we were lunatics.

We pulled into the Curtis household and I was first to get out. I wanted to show the guys my cast. I was about to open the door when Steve busted through it. He pulled me into a quick hug which caught me really off guard, Steve's never hugged me. But, I returned the hug.

"I'm sorry Devyn I didn't mean to, I swear." He said pulling away.

"I know you didn't, I'm not upset." I said almost laughing. He looked so worried. Although his face quickly went back to normal. I went inside to show Sodapop the cast.

"Can I write my name on it?" He said sounding like a first grader. I nodded my head yes and he rushed off to his room.

"How long do you have to have it on?" Dally asked.

"Said about 8 weeks." I said.

"That's gonna suck." He said.

"You're telling me." I said. Soda came back in the room with a sharpie. He took my arm and started writing his name. His handwriting wasn't sloppy, but it wasn't clean. Sodapop was about to say something to Dal when Darry came in.

"You guys always forget to get the mail." He said. He tossed anything not addressed to him on the table.

"You wanna sign it Dally?" Soda asked.

"That's stupid." Dally said.

"Please Dal." I said acting a little dramatic. He made that smack sound with his lips and grabbed the sharpie. He started writing his name and looked up.

"You want like my full name or just nickname?" He asked after a moment.

"Just your nickname Dal." I said. I don't think he's ever done this before.

"Steve?" Soda asked. He nodded and wrote his name. As he was writing his name Soda was looking through the mail. He elbowed me and showed me the letter. It was from Pony. I looked at him. He opened it and started reading it.

"Does it look alright?" Steve asked pointing at his name.

"It looks divine Steve." I said. He smiled and went back to his spot. I looked at all their names. You could tell it was boys handwriting.

After a few minutes Soda handed me the letter.

Dear Sodapop,

I am doing pretty good here, Coach thinks I might get first place. The people here are rather different. Except, lots of them are country folks. It's not too bad. I don't know when you're getting this, but I wrote this on Saturday. I'm gonna be coming home midday Thursday. Tell the gang I said hi, I miss y'all. I hope I didn't make Devyn mad at me, if she is tell her I didn't mean to hurt her in any way. I have a small feeling you're gonna show her this, so I'm not gonna say anything I can tell her in person. If she doesn't read this, tell her I miss her please.

Sincerely,
Ponyboy Curtis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 874 37
Dallas Winston walked into Oklahoma causing more trouble there than there ever was before. Little did everyone know, there was two more Winston's...
25.3K 241 13
When Valerie's parents abandon her she has no other choice but to turn to her last guardian option... her eldest brother in a literal gang in Tulsa O...
15.9K 296 23
When a incident happens in California, a group girls are forced to move to Oklahoma. Now a hotheaded red head, timid girl, bubbly blonde, rich girl...
21.1K 302 10
(Y/n) and Dally are happily in love... well uh... were. *COMPLETED* On their anniversary (y/n) goes over to Buck's house only to find Dally cheating...